• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:07
CEST 20:07
KST 03:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8782 users

MLG Spring Arena 2: Casters and Broadcast Details - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Sphen5117
Profile Joined September 2011
United States413 Posts
May 15 2012 15:57 GMT
#21
Can I just say how fucking fun a cast would be with Day9 + TotalBiscuit? I like all the other guys and think they have great chemistries in various pairs, but I've never seen those two together and think it'd be a BLAST.
LeLfe
Profile Joined February 2011
France3160 Posts
May 15 2012 16:05 GMT
#22
On May 16 2012 00:57 Sphen5117 wrote:
Can I just say how fucking fun a cast would be with Day9 + TotalBiscuit? I like all the other guys and think they have great chemistries in various pairs, but I've never seen those two together and think it'd be a BLAST.


could be really cool indeed! but I enjoy TB + apollo anyway
Writer for Red bull (Fr) and Iron Squid (En/Fr) @ClemLeLfe on twitter
Sphen5117
Profile Joined September 2011
United States413 Posts
May 15 2012 16:13 GMT
#23
On May 16 2012 01:05 LeLfe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 00:57 Sphen5117 wrote:
Can I just say how fucking fun a cast would be with Day9 + TotalBiscuit? I like all the other guys and think they have great chemistries in various pairs, but I've never seen those two together and think it'd be a BLAST.


could be really cool indeed! but I enjoy TB + apollo anyway


Yeah, I think TB + Dapollo go great together and I enjoy their casting. I figure while we have the opportunity for a cute little mix-n-match, well why not?
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
May 15 2012 16:31 GMT
#24
Woo totalbiscuit! Good stuff guys, can't wait for other player announcements.
Raeph
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany61 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 16:40:41
May 15 2012 16:40 GMT
#25
On May 10 2012 00:39 Testuser wrote:
Hmm, sad to see TB casting the event, I sadly do not think he is on par with the MLG standard. (No offence, I just do not like his style particularly, great for him tho)

Oh well, will be exciting!



Hmm I can understand that you don`t enjoy TB but atleast in my opinion Rob Simpson or JP aren't the most insightful casters either and TB is a better entertainer and fits very well with Apollo.
Seph02
Profile Joined November 2011
Netherlands221 Posts
May 15 2012 16:49 GMT
#26
Apollo & TB = all I wish for
Starcraft is for life
Mobsy
Profile Joined April 2012
United States127 Posts
May 15 2012 16:50 GMT
#27
What exactly is the dr pepper ultimate access stream? anyone care to elaborate on this?
I like the moment I break a man's ego.
MrMercuG
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands2389 Posts
May 15 2012 16:52 GMT
#28
Is day9 like only casting for Red-Bull these days?
jobber123rd
Profile Joined December 2011
United States501 Posts
May 15 2012 18:48 GMT
#29
On May 16 2012 01:50 Mobsy wrote:
What exactly is the dr pepper ultimate access stream? anyone care to elaborate on this?


"Live behind the scenes content" (interviews and such)
"I'm always going to survive. Only reason I can't survive is if I'm dead or something." --Mike Tyson
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
May 15 2012 19:00 GMT
#30
On May 16 2012 03:48 jobber123rd wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 01:50 Mobsy wrote:
What exactly is the dr pepper ultimate access stream? anyone care to elaborate on this?


"Live behind the scenes content" (interviews and such)


Interviews, and lots of footage of Koreans sleeping.
iAmBiGbiRd
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia1029 Posts
May 15 2012 19:30 GMT
#31
On May 11 2012 18:35 gruff wrote:
I would have like to see bitterdam step in as casters.


I second this, they are in the states anyway for NASL duties. Probably my favourite casting duo (Yes i am including Tastosis) at least Apollo is there, he is amazing.
Hello friends:)
BathTubNZ
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand2556 Posts
May 15 2012 21:22 GMT
#32
Well Bitterdam are hardly going to fly off to MLG during their NASL casting. Maybe between seasons (I'm sure mr bitter has casted at MLGs before).

Rotti is competing at MLG Anaheim, so it would be a conflict of interest anyway.
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
May 15 2012 22:03 GMT
#33
replace TB with tasteosis and i would have been completely happy with my top 4 casters casting (bitterdam / tastosis)
CygNus X-1
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada169 Posts
May 15 2012 22:23 GMT
#34
Not particularly a fan of TB (style doesnt fit the MLG scene) however event should be great nonetheless.
Attention all Planets of the Solar Federation: We have assumed control.
Jamial
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark1289 Posts
May 15 2012 22:27 GMT
#35
On May 10 2012 00:39 Testuser wrote:
Hmm, sad to see TB casting the event, I sadly do not think he is on par with the MLG standard. (No offence, I just do not like his style particularly, great for him tho)

Oh well, will be exciting!


So you think Rob Simpson is good? ><
Flaf?
revel8
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom3022 Posts
May 15 2012 22:28 GMT
#36
TB is gonna be great!
Ph4ZeD
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom753 Posts
May 15 2012 22:59 GMT
#37
On May 16 2012 07:23 CygNus X-1 wrote:
Not particularly a fan of TB (style doesnt fit the MLG scene) however event should be great nonetheless.


Yeah, he doesn't fit the Rob Simpson standard of being a crap caster.
Devolved
Profile Joined April 2008
United States2753 Posts
May 16 2012 01:40 GMT
#38
On May 16 2012 07:23 CygNus X-1 wrote:
Not particularly a fan of TB (style doesnt fit the MLG scene) however event should be great nonetheless.

I think TB would be a fine caster if he just took the time to learn the game. I actually like his unique casting style, but the problem is that he doesn't understand the game at all. He never knows why a player does this or that, and when he thinks he understands and tries to explain it, his explanation is wrong more times than not. If your profession is going to be casting then I would at least expect a Masters level of understanding (if not Pro level, which is what he's casting after all), but his understanding is more along Silver/Gold and it shows in every cast he makes. Then, in practically every cast he has the audacity to heavily criticize a player for making a mistake when he doesn't even realize why that mistake was made, and sometimes it's not even a mistake, but a calculated opportunity cost decision that actually puts the player ahead.
$♥$
NguN
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1322 Posts
May 16 2012 01:59 GMT
#39
So there won't be any casting for the games not on central or gameplay? A little disappointing . Would rather that then the POV
TotalBiscuit
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom5437 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-16 14:36:12
May 16 2012 14:25 GMT
#40
On May 16 2012 10:40 Devolved wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 07:23 CygNus X-1 wrote:
Not particularly a fan of TB (style doesnt fit the MLG scene) however event should be great nonetheless.

I think TB would be a fine caster if he just took the time to learn the game. I actually like his unique casting style, but the problem is that he doesn't understand the game at all. He never knows why a player does this or that, and when he thinks he understands and tries to explain it, his explanation is wrong more times than not. If your profession is going to be casting then I would at least expect a Masters level of understanding (if not Pro level, which is what he's casting after all), but his understanding is more along Silver/Gold and it shows in every cast he makes. Then, in practically every cast he has the audacity to heavily criticize a player for making a mistake when he doesn't even realize why that mistake was made, and sometimes it's not even a mistake, but a calculated opportunity cost decision that actually puts the player ahead.


Sigh, another post without a single example of this actually happening. Really frustrating to read. "heavily criticizes a player practically every cast", that's nonsense. "explanation is wrong more times than not", examples please.

One could say the reason I'm not "improving" (even though I am and my knowledge is clearly far better than it was) is that nobody in the community seems to have the capability to provide constructive criticism. It's the same old baseless tired cliches and never any actual evidence to back them or actionable advice. It's a get-out, it's easy to say "should know game better", it's hard to actually point out my mistakes.
CommentatorHost of SHOUTcraft Clan Wars- http://www.mlg.tv/shoutcraft
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 243
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 243
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 19
JuggernautJason3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25774
Mini 421
Hyuk 209
firebathero 182
ggaemo 138
Mong 45
Hyun 36
Dewaltoss 33
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 11
Dota 2
Gorgc10422
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1401
crisheroes1131
Liquid`Hasu867
Other Games
Grubby2847
FrodaN2292
fl0m1063
Beastyqt869
KnowMe174
mouzStarbuck160
Livibee155
ArmadaUGS121
Mew2King59
Trikslyr47
ToD32
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1086
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 88
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8167
• WagamamaTV227
Other Games
• imaqtpie725
• Shiphtur295
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
53m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 53m
INu's Battles
17h 53m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 53m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.