• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:37
CEST 23:37
KST 06:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7078 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 2 Up/Down Matches Day 4 - Page 50

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 126 Next
BigKahunaBurger
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia334 Posts
March 15 2012 11:24 GMT
#981
On March 15 2012 20:21 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:20 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:17 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Sigh, if HuK gets into Code S off this garbage, it'll be sad.

garbage? Dude just had an amazing hold.


He hasn't been tested yet at all. Just because he holds can hold an roach-ling all in doesn't mean he's Code S caliber at all.

Unfortunately Up and Down matches force people to play funky to win 1v1.

I would say Lucky wins that game 9 times out of 10 if he plays standard.


C'mon that's just bullshit. HuK has always been a good player, you cannot honestly think Lucky is that much better than him. I don't even like HuK but I can appreciate his skill nontheless.


Lucky has great ZvP and before that game Huk hadn't won a single PvZ out of 6 attempts in the GSL.

So yeah, I do think that, and I think Lucky is overall more deserving of Code S.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
March 15 2012 11:24 GMT
#982
On March 15 2012 20:22 Lunareste wrote:
Did the song just say "let's shoot the shit"? and "kicked my ass"

O_o Isn't the GSL supposed to be family friendly?

I believe there would be an f-bomb thrown in later in that song. If it's the same song I heard yesterday, which I'm 90% sure it is.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
March 15 2012 11:24 GMT
#983
On March 15 2012 20:22 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:20 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:17 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Sigh, if HuK gets into Code S off this garbage, it'll be sad.

garbage? Dude just had an amazing hold.


He hasn't been tested yet at all. Just because he holds can hold an roach-ling all in doesn't mean he's Code S caliber at all.

Unfortunately Up and Down matches force people to play funky to win 1v1.

I would say Lucky wins that game 9 times out of 10 if he plays standard.

the guy was in Code S for months and just took third at MLG Winter Arena, a stacked tournament. Its ridiculous the amount of hate this guy gets.

He doesn't get hate because of his results I guess
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
MayorITC
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Korea (South)798 Posts
March 15 2012 11:24 GMT
#984
On March 15 2012 20:19 Azzur wrote:
Bizarrely ridiculous and downright stupid play by the Cheesezerg. He gets lucky drawing zergfire against a protoss and then decides to go VERY allin for some strange reason.

Hardly surprising since he allins in many games as well.

(Yeah, I posted something along this line earlier but I can't help but have a go at this kind of play).


Hindsight bias is wonderful. Had Lucky won with the all-in, people would be applauding him for his mind games. I don't know Lucky's train of thought, but I do know that he saw Huk went Nexus first (forge timing was late) while he went Spawn and Gas before expanding. If I had to guess, he probably figured he could catch Huk off-guard once Huk's scouting probe saw the Hatchery expansion. And he almost did.
Cassel_Castle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States820 Posts
March 15 2012 11:24 GMT
#985
So doesn't that allin usually have 10 roaches? What was up with lucky having 6?
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
March 15 2012 11:25 GMT
#986
Poll: winner of this match?

killer (8)
 
50%

brown (8)
 
50%

16 total votes

Your vote: winner of this match?

(Vote): killer
(Vote): brown

The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
ftd.rain
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom539 Posts
March 15 2012 11:25 GMT
#987
On March 15 2012 20:21 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:20 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:17 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Sigh, if HuK gets into Code S off this garbage, it'll be sad.

garbage? Dude just had an amazing hold.


He hasn't been tested yet at all. Just because he holds can hold an roach-ling all in doesn't mean he's Code S caliber at all.

Unfortunately Up and Down matches force people to play funky to win 1v1.

I would say Lucky wins that game 9 times out of 10 if he plays standard.

On a Z favoured map, Lucky felt like he needed to all in. I think that says something.

Ya know, things aren't always black and white, lucky could've played standard, if he hadn't encountered a cointossy nexus first, he just did what he thought was the correct response at most times, I don't think he thought that he was relying too much on getting lucky, no pun intended.
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
March 15 2012 11:25 GMT
#988
Man, brown always squints his eyes before a match begins. Maybe he needs better glasses?
Ktk
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Korea (South)753 Posts
March 15 2012 11:25 GMT
#989
On March 15 2012 20:21 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:20 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:17 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Sigh, if HuK gets into Code S off this garbage, it'll be sad.

garbage? Dude just had an amazing hold.


He hasn't been tested yet at all. Just because he holds can hold an roach-ling all in doesn't mean he's Code S caliber at all.

Unfortunately Up and Down matches force people to play funky to win 1v1.

I would say Lucky wins that game 9 times out of 10 if he plays standard.

On a Z favoured map, Lucky felt like he needed to all in. I think that says something.


And you're not respecting Lucky. Who kept naniwa from GSL?
He saw nexus first on crossfire, lucky is an aggressive zerg, it's not the player it's the build.
BigKahunaBurger
Profile Joined June 2011
Australia334 Posts
March 15 2012 11:26 GMT
#990
On March 15 2012 20:22 jmbthirteen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:20 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:17 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Sigh, if HuK gets into Code S off this garbage, it'll be sad.

garbage? Dude just had an amazing hold.


He hasn't been tested yet at all. Just because he holds can hold an roach-ling all in doesn't mean he's Code S caliber at all.

Unfortunately Up and Down matches force people to play funky to win 1v1.

I would say Lucky wins that game 9 times out of 10 if he plays standard.

the guy was in Code S for months and just took third at MLG Winter Arena, a stacked tournament. Its ridiculous the amount of hate this guy gets.


In a Code S format that was NOTORIOUS for keeping in undeserving people. Funny how as soon as it was changed he dropped out....

And LOL. MLG Winter Arena. He had the easiest run of anyone with his best match up played several times.

I mean come on, Minigun?

I'm not saying he's the worst player ever. But he isn't Top 2 in this group.
woody60707
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1863 Posts
March 15 2012 11:26 GMT
#991
On March 15 2012 20:22 Lunareste wrote:
Did the song just say "let's shoot the shit"? and "kicked my ass"

O_o Isn't the GSL supposed to be family friendly?


Lost in translation?
jmbthirteen
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States10734 Posts
March 15 2012 11:26 GMT
#992
On March 15 2012 20:24 Azurues wrote:
against Terran for Huk will be 50/50 chance. I don't know but i liked to think his PvT is weakest

mayb not after he stays in SlayerS house

Huk actually says his PvT is his strongest match up while PvP is his weakest. He said this at MLG Winter Arena.

Also Huk has been in the oGs house.
www.superbeerbrothers.com
wingsee
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8 Posts
March 15 2012 11:27 GMT
#993
On March 15 2012 20:21 -_-Quails wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:19 TheRhox wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:18 0ne wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 baldgye wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 s3183529 wrote:
HUK HUK HUK AMERICA AMERICA AMERICA


HuK's Canadian?

Isn't Canada in North America?


no, Canada is in Europe

I'm pretty sure Canada shares a border with Ghana, which would place it in south east Asia not Europe.


Amazing hold by Huk. I was sure he was dead about 10 times.


I thought that HuK is from Shire.
Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany2959 Posts
March 15 2012 11:27 GMT
#994
On March 15 2012 20:24 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:21 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:20 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:17 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Sigh, if HuK gets into Code S off this garbage, it'll be sad.

garbage? Dude just had an amazing hold.


He hasn't been tested yet at all. Just because he holds can hold an roach-ling all in doesn't mean he's Code S caliber at all.

Unfortunately Up and Down matches force people to play funky to win 1v1.

I would say Lucky wins that game 9 times out of 10 if he plays standard.


C'mon that's just bullshit. HuK has always been a good player, you cannot honestly think Lucky is that much better than him. I don't even like HuK but I can appreciate his skill nontheless.


Lucky has great ZvP and before that game Huk hadn't won a single PvZ out of 6 attempts in the GSL.

So yeah, I do think that, and I think Lucky is overall more deserving of Code S.


To get into Code S he maybe should've won this game? If his ZvP is so great and Huk's PvZ isn't, then why did Huk win? How could Lucky possibily do a bad strategy even though his ZvP is so good?

C'mon, just stop it. Lucky deserved this loss, Huk the win. If Huk plays better games he undoubtedly also deservers the Code S spot more. Because THESE games count.
WrathBringerReturns said: No no no. Sarcasm is detected in the voice. When this forum is riddled with stupidity, you think I can tell every post apart? Fair enough it was intended sarcastically, was it obvious? Of course not.
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
March 15 2012 11:27 GMT
#995
On March 15 2012 20:24 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:21 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:20 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:17 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Sigh, if HuK gets into Code S off this garbage, it'll be sad.

garbage? Dude just had an amazing hold.


He hasn't been tested yet at all. Just because he holds can hold an roach-ling all in doesn't mean he's Code S caliber at all.

Unfortunately Up and Down matches force people to play funky to win 1v1.

I would say Lucky wins that game 9 times out of 10 if he plays standard.


C'mon that's just bullshit. HuK has always been a good player, you cannot honestly think Lucky is that much better than him. I don't even like HuK but I can appreciate his skill nontheless.


Lucky has great ZvP and before that game Huk hadn't won a single PvZ out of 6 attempts in the GSL.

So yeah, I do think that, and I think Lucky is overall more deserving of Code S.


Stop everything! Stop the up and downs. We don't need games to decide who gets code S, just ask BigKahunaBurger. That will solve it all!
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
Azzur
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia6267 Posts
March 15 2012 11:27 GMT
#996
On March 15 2012 20:24 MayorITC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:19 Azzur wrote:
Bizarrely ridiculous and downright stupid play by the Cheesezerg. He gets lucky drawing zergfire against a protoss and then decides to go VERY allin for some strange reason.

Hardly surprising since he allins in many games as well.

(Yeah, I posted something along this line earlier but I can't help but have a go at this kind of play).


Hindsight bias is wonderful. Had Lucky won with the all-in, people would be applauding him for his mind games. I don't know Lucky's train of thought, but I do know that he saw Huk went Nexus first (forge timing was late) while he went Spawn and Gas before expanding. If I had to guess, he probably figured he could catch Huk off-guard once Huk's scouting probe saw the Hatchery expansion. And he almost did.

Actually, I was face palming when I saw him do that allin.

I congratulate Huk for his crisis management. I was cheering for him to win because I had no respect for Lucky's play. I'm raging on Lucky's poor decision making.
Arghmyliver
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1079 Posts
March 15 2012 11:27 GMT
#997
HUKHUKHUKHUKHUK All the haters gonna hate - Huk the haters. HUK TO CODE S pl0x!!
Now witness their attempts to fly from tree to tree. Notice they do not so much fly as plummet.
Pure-SC2
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom1440 Posts
March 15 2012 11:27 GMT
#998
On March 15 2012 20:25 Ktk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:21 Cyber_Cheese wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:20 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:17 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Sigh, if HuK gets into Code S off this garbage, it'll be sad.

garbage? Dude just had an amazing hold.


He hasn't been tested yet at all. Just because he holds can hold an roach-ling all in doesn't mean he's Code S caliber at all.

Unfortunately Up and Down matches force people to play funky to win 1v1.

I would say Lucky wins that game 9 times out of 10 if he plays standard.

On a Z favoured map, Lucky felt like he needed to all in. I think that says something.


And you're not respecting Lucky. Who kept naniwa from GSL?
He saw nexus first on crossfire, lucky is an aggressive zerg, it's not the player it's the build.


The player is the build. HuK won, he deserved to win after holding the all-in and is half way to confirming he deserves a code S spot.
"Every time I visit community sites, I'm just embarrassed. There's so much witch hunting and name calling and arguing and gossip. Misogynist comments against women. It's just embarrassing." – Tasteless
CursivE
Profile Joined February 2012
Australia317 Posts
March 15 2012 11:27 GMT
#999
On March 15 2012 20:24 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2012 20:21 Na_Dann_Ma_GoGo wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:20 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:17 jmbthirteen wrote:
On March 15 2012 20:16 BigKahunaBurger wrote:
Sigh, if HuK gets into Code S off this garbage, it'll be sad.

garbage? Dude just had an amazing hold.


He hasn't been tested yet at all. Just because he holds can hold an roach-ling all in doesn't mean he's Code S caliber at all.

Unfortunately Up and Down matches force people to play funky to win 1v1.

I would say Lucky wins that game 9 times out of 10 if he plays standard.


C'mon that's just bullshit. HuK has always been a good player, you cannot honestly think Lucky is that much better than him. I don't even like HuK but I can appreciate his skill nontheless.


Lucky has great ZvP and before that game Huk hadn't won a single PvZ out of 6 attempts in the GSL.

So yeah, I do think that, and I think Lucky is overall more deserving of Code S.


After playing like that?
MC || HuK || MMA || Squirtle || TLO || Sea || HerO || MarineKing || MVP || NesTea
KristofferAG
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Norway25712 Posts
March 15 2012 11:28 GMT
#1000
(P)coL.Killer v (P)SlayerS_Brown

Map:
ESV ClouD Kingdom

5.00
(P)coL.Killer spawning as the red protoss in the bottom left corner.
(P)SlayerS_Brown spawning as the blue protoss in the top right corner.

Both players have mirrored builds with 1 Gateway, 1 Assimilator and Cybernetics Core.
Brown is a bit ahead, both players getting a Zealot before the second Assimilator.

Brown chronoing both his Stalker and warp gate tech.
Killer only chronoing the warp gate tech.

Killer gets his Robotics Facility a bit earlier than Brown.
@KristofferAG | http://vestkyststoy.bandcamp.com | last.fm/user/KristofferAG
Prev 1 48 49 50 51 52 126 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 164
Nina 104
SpeCial 51
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 185
firebathero 81
910 38
NaDa 33
Counter-Strike
Fnx 815
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0178
PPMD21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9566
Liquid`Hasu1673
crisheroes1547
Trikslyr96
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5736
Beastyqt717
shahzam498
ToD251
B2W.Neo210
Pyrionflax175
KnowMe143
ArmadaUGS107
JimRising 95
ZombieGrub77
IndyStarCraft 55
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream342
Other Games
BasetradeTV207
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 31
• Eskiya23 17
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV534
League of Legends
• TFBlade950
Other Games
• imaqtpie1132
• Shiphtur272
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 24m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.