• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:28
CEST 00:28
KST 07:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6679 users

Stephano vs White-Ra $5,000 Showmatch at SXSW! - Page 2

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 67 68 69 Next
LovE-
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1963 Posts
March 09 2012 21:40 GMT
#21
I don't think Whitera will put up that much of a fight.

Unless of course Stephano forfeits in the finals :D
LovE.311 (NA) || @LovE_Sc2
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
March 09 2012 21:40 GMT
#22
I like White-Ra much better but I can't see Stephano losing this.
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
imZcK
Profile Joined February 2011
United States61 Posts
March 09 2012 21:48 GMT
#23
Why is this not on the upcoming events? Or am I just blind?
Baituri
Profile Joined June 2010
Netherlands1501 Posts
March 09 2012 21:51 GMT
#24
5-0 or 5-1 Stephano. I can't see White-Ra coming close to winning this. I don't like the casters for this showmatch, so I am not really sure if I am going to watch... And if I am going to watch, it is going to be muted.
stichtom
Profile Joined March 2011
Italy695 Posts
March 09 2012 21:52 GMT
#25
I hate the people who say "i'm not going to watch cuz of the caster".
I think Doa and pajamas are really good at casting
Favourite player: IM.MVP ~ Favorite league: IPL
imZcK
Profile Joined February 2011
United States61 Posts
March 09 2012 21:54 GMT
#26
On March 10 2012 06:51 Baituri wrote:
5-0 or 5-1 Stephano. I can't see White-Ra coming close to winning this. I don't like the casters for this showmatch, so I am not really sure if I am going to watch... And if I am going to watch, it is going to be muted.


Do you also not watch IPL and IPLTAC because of CatsPajamas and Doa? A lot of content that your missing. But yes, I agree with your 5-1 prediction. White-Ra will get 1 possibly 2 games due to either warp prism drops or air play but probably won't take any more off of Stephano. Stephano is still one of the best if not the best foreign zerg.
BathTubNZ
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand2556 Posts
March 09 2012 22:10 GMT
#27
My heart says White Ra, but my brain says Stephano, he's on a tear at the moment.
Benjamin80
Profile Joined February 2012
581 Posts
March 09 2012 22:14 GMT
#28
On March 10 2012 06:40 LovE- wrote:
I don't think Whitera will put up that much of a fight.

Unless of course Stephano forfeits in the finals :D


People sayd that today in the MMA vs Puma matchup and look what happend..

[QUOTE][B]On March 19 2012 02:32 iNcontroL wrote:[/B] IF LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU CANNON RUSH[/QUOTE]
mYiKane
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1772 Posts
March 09 2012 22:19 GMT
#29
5-1 stephano. probably.
ItchyLegs
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada369 Posts
March 09 2012 22:22 GMT
#30
if you watch his stream, you will notice stephano's uncanny ability to recognize little blips that pop up on the map. Like, the guy has an unusually high ability to focus when playing SC2.

What this translates to, of course, is that White-Ra's special tactics don't stand a chance.

I think people should tune in because these are two of the coolest guys in the scene duking it out over a very substantial prize-pool.
Youtakenocandle
Profile Joined February 2012
543 Posts
March 09 2012 22:23 GMT
#31
On March 10 2012 06:11 iNcontroL wrote:
Anna is there doing some hosting as well GIVE PROPS JESSSSSSSSSSSSSUSSSSSSSS


Why would they scare away viewers?
Valiver
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Caldeum1977 Posts
March 09 2012 22:26 GMT
#32
On ladder when I watch their streams I've seen White-Ra beat Stephano like 3 times to none, It's not the same as a showmatch but White-Ra has a good chance I think.
Writer
MBH
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland796 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 22:28:53
March 09 2012 22:28 GMT
#33
Will you release a VOD or is there going to be a re-broadcast on sunday?
Demonaz
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1219 Posts
March 09 2012 22:30 GMT
#34
I feel like this will be the easiest 5k Stephano will ever make in his life, but I hope I'm wrong and its a close match
Strivers
Profile Joined November 2010
United States358 Posts
March 09 2012 22:30 GMT
#35
white-ra can win..
These little dudes really like the blue stuff..
Mystgun
Profile Joined September 2010
Hong Kong311 Posts
March 09 2012 22:31 GMT
#36
Special tactics always wins!
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
March 09 2012 22:34 GMT
#37
You guys really think White Ra is going to get 5-1d?

Lol.

Go go White Ra.
I love crazymoving
Black17
Profile Joined October 2011
France435 Posts
March 09 2012 22:36 GMT
#38
I'd predict a 5-2 or 5-1 for Stephano. White-ra can pull a few tricks that will make him win a few games, but I feel that Stephano is just an overall better player here.

Should be nice to watch tho!
Pesto
Profile Joined February 2011
United States121 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 22:48:58
March 09 2012 22:44 GMT
#39
As much as I love whitera, that is a whoooole lot of money to throw at what seems such a one sided fight. Unusual choice of players.

I do hope whitera has something new to offer, because stephano doesn't lose to protoss, let alone one who is (at the current moment) a mid-tier foreigner pro.

There are alot of comments about white-ra's "special taktics" possibly winning him some games. Honestly, I don't there there are any of those left in the game now. The only way to "surprise" stephano would be to alter some timings drastically or go for cancel/mindgame tactics. Warp prism midgame isn't what it used to be.
chesshaha
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1117 Posts
March 09 2012 22:49 GMT
#40
Too bad I don't live anywhere near Austin anymore. SXSW is always great.

I think Stephano will win, but the score will be close, maybe 5-3 or 5-4. White-Ra always has a few builds under his sleeves.
"Hopefully you're not the real TLO so it's not casted" - SpecialK
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 67 68 69 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 135
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 230
White-Ra 155
firebathero 89
910 45
NaDa 31
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm127
monkeys_forever108
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0199
PPMD61
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9116
Liquid`Hasu1557
Trikslyr83
Other Games
summit1g8005
Liquid`RaSZi3585
shahzam563
JimRising 286
B2W.Neo176
Pyrionflax174
ArmadaUGS67
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream316
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade984
Other Games
• imaqtpie1035
• Shiphtur200
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 32m
Afreeca Starleague
11h 32m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 1h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.