• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:01
CEST 05:01
KST 12:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7950 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 1 Code S Grand Finals - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 285 286 287 Next
DannyJ
Profile Joined March 2010
United States5110 Posts
February 27 2012 08:08 GMT
#81
I forsee alot of short mind games in this series. Teammates playing vs each other is usually dumb,
red4ce
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States7313 Posts
February 27 2012 08:11 GMT
#82
On February 27 2012 16:11 Typhon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 12:56 red4ce wrote:
I'm curious. How many of you rooting for Genius are doing so because you actually like Genius, and how many of you just want to see a protoss GSL champion?


He has a hilarious personality,
he gives great interviews,
he has about as much ego as Idra.

What's not to like?

Oh yeah, and his games this season have been jaw-dropping.


Oh I wasn't trying to imply there was anything wrong with Genius. It's just that he wasn't ever a fan favorite but now he started winning and people who I bet never paid attention to him before are now cheering for him.
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
February 27 2012 08:13 GMT
#83
what a terrible ace map

this finals doesn't have much to hype because there's no IU
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
February 27 2012 08:15 GMT
#84
On February 27 2012 17:11 red4ce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 16:11 Typhon wrote:
On February 27 2012 12:56 red4ce wrote:
I'm curious. How many of you rooting for Genius are doing so because you actually like Genius, and how many of you just want to see a protoss GSL champion?


He has a hilarious personality,
he gives great interviews,
he has about as much ego as Idra.

What's not to like?

Oh yeah, and his games this season have been jaw-dropping.


Oh I wasn't trying to imply there was anything wrong with Genius. It's just that he wasn't ever a fan favorite but now he started winning and people who I bet never paid attention to him before are now cheering for him.

I can admit to this. I never cared before about Genius, but he's displayed incredible games, hilarious ceremonies, funny interviews, and he's a protoss hope who isn't a 2 baser. GOGOGO GEEENNIIIIIUUSSSSS!!
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
February 27 2012 08:21 GMT
#85
On February 27 2012 17:13 Juliette wrote:
what a terrible ace map

this finals doesn't have much to hype because there's no IU


You pick a map to complain about and you pick bel'shir instead of crossfire for ZvP?
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
February 27 2012 08:28 GMT
#86
On February 27 2012 17:11 red4ce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 16:11 Typhon wrote:
On February 27 2012 12:56 red4ce wrote:
I'm curious. How many of you rooting for Genius are doing so because you actually like Genius, and how many of you just want to see a protoss GSL champion?


He has a hilarious personality,
he gives great interviews,
he has about as much ego as Idra.

What's not to like?

Oh yeah, and his games this season have been jaw-dropping.


Oh I wasn't trying to imply there was anything wrong with Genius. It's just that he wasn't ever a fan favorite but now he started winning and people who I bet never paid attention to him before are now cheering for him.


I think people have always liked Genius and though I always thought he was a decent player, I was never "impressed" with his play. Most definitely a fan of what I've seen this season though.

However I do get your point. A lot of people were saying throughout the MLG thread how whenever protoss xyz failed they would say how Genius would have done things better. Now I like the guy, but yeah it feels like a lot of people are riding on the coat-tails of a player on a streak. Genius has shown great play this season, but so has Gumiho and I honestly think a larger percentage of Gumiho's fans are fans.

Of course, Genius is just likable, so maybe a lot of fans have come out of the woodwork with results at his back.
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
February 27 2012 08:34 GMT
#87
On February 27 2012 17:21 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 17:13 Juliette wrote:
what a terrible ace map

this finals doesn't have much to hype because there's no IU


You pick a map to complain about and you pick bel'shir instead of crossfire for ZvP?

crossfire isn't map 7 though

OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 08:38:39
February 27 2012 08:35 GMT
#88
On February 27 2012 17:34 Juliette wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 17:21 Dodgin wrote:
On February 27 2012 17:13 Juliette wrote:
what a terrible ace map

this finals doesn't have much to hype because there's no IU


You pick a map to complain about and you pick bel'shir instead of crossfire for ZvP?

crossfire isn't map 7 though



I'm just saying be glad crossfire or dual sight is not map 7, could be worse.
Scribble
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
2077 Posts
February 27 2012 08:38 GMT
#89
This is going to be an awesome birthday present :D
ragnorr
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark6097 Posts
February 27 2012 08:48 GMT
#90
As long as the GSL finals contains this it will be great
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
February 27 2012 08:49 GMT
#91
Genius 4-0 ez. 4-1 if DRG sneaks in a lucky game.
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
Juliette
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6003 Posts
February 27 2012 08:54 GMT
#92
On February 27 2012 17:35 Dodgin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 17:34 Juliette wrote:
On February 27 2012 17:21 Dodgin wrote:
On February 27 2012 17:13 Juliette wrote:
what a terrible ace map

this finals doesn't have much to hype because there's no IU


You pick a map to complain about and you pick bel'shir instead of crossfire for ZvP?

crossfire isn't map 7 though



I'm just saying be glad crossfire or dual sight is not map 7, could be worse.

yea that is a very good point.

im still pretty hyped. will drg be the king of kong and lose 2 finals in the same week? will we get a protoss champion once more?

or will PvZ be silly like it is for me :[
OKAY FROM THAT PERSPECTIVE I SEE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
February 27 2012 08:57 GMT
#93
On February 27 2012 17:48 ragnorr wrote:
As long as the GSL finals contains this it will be great
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


ROFL, finally I have pin pointed why that is so funny lmao.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
February 27 2012 08:59 GMT
#94
On February 27 2012 17:48 ragnorr wrote:
As long as the GSL finals contains this it will be great
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

Is that gif a metaphor for Genius coming back to win after being down 0-3?

We've had worse finals than that
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
February 27 2012 09:02 GMT
#95
I remember back when I totally ninjaed creating the Bisu vs Stork thread. Oh man that 5 game PvP series was pretty great.
seansye
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1722 Posts
February 27 2012 09:10 GMT
#96
I wish the first map would be the last map like BW finals
I will master Speshul Taktics.!
Fyzar
Profile Joined January 2011
Netherlands8010 Posts
February 27 2012 09:12 GMT
#97
On February 27 2012 17:11 red4ce wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 16:11 Typhon wrote:
On February 27 2012 12:56 red4ce wrote:
I'm curious. How many of you rooting for Genius are doing so because you actually like Genius, and how many of you just want to see a protoss GSL champion?


He has a hilarious personality,
he gives great interviews,
he has about as much ego as Idra.

What's not to like?

Oh yeah, and his games this season have been jaw-dropping.


Oh I wasn't trying to imply there was anything wrong with Genius. It's just that he wasn't ever a fan favorite but now he started winning and people who I bet never paid attention to him before are now cheering for him.

I personally have always liked Genius, ever since his beta + blizzcon play ^^, it's quite amazing that the guy who I was the most sad for when he dropped out of code S to gumiho's scv all-in to come back and display such beautiful play .

Gogo Genius, it's your tournament bro!
It appears I have been chosen.
Shinta)
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1716 Posts
February 27 2012 09:13 GMT
#98
On February 27 2012 17:28 bittman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 17:11 red4ce wrote:
On February 27 2012 16:11 Typhon wrote:
On February 27 2012 12:56 red4ce wrote:
I'm curious. How many of you rooting for Genius are doing so because you actually like Genius, and how many of you just want to see a protoss GSL champion?


He has a hilarious personality,
he gives great interviews,
he has about as much ego as Idra.

What's not to like?

Oh yeah, and his games this season have been jaw-dropping.


Oh I wasn't trying to imply there was anything wrong with Genius. It's just that he wasn't ever a fan favorite but now he started winning and people who I bet never paid attention to him before are now cheering for him.


I think people have always liked Genius and though I always thought he was a decent player, I was never "impressed" with his play. Most definitely a fan of what I've seen this season though.

However I do get your point. A lot of people were saying throughout the MLG thread how whenever protoss xyz failed they would say how Genius would have done things better. Now I like the guy, but yeah it feels like a lot of people are riding on the coat-tails of a player on a streak. Genius has shown great play this season, but so has Gumiho and I honestly think a larger percentage of Gumiho's fans are fans.

Of course, Genius is just likable, so maybe a lot of fans have come out of the woodwork with results at his back.

I've always been a fan of Genius since he debuted. Genius is brilliant and he doesn't give a f*** about what his opponent wants to believe, he knows that he is a better player. He trolled on that fact for quite some time, and now that he got over himself a bit and trained seriously, he's beasting it. He was the best protoss before MC, but he thought that just because he was the best meant that he didn't have to fully learn the game.
You compare the way Genius has played and the way GuMiho has played and you try to put them in the same category? lol.... GuMiho is Code A compared to Genius' play.. GuMiho was playing better in previous seasons, he hasn't shown anything impressive lately. At least not that I've seen, and I've seen quite a few of his matches.. For example when he lost to DRG in such a stupid fashion... He barely beat DRG in a game that he was winning, then he won easily because DRG made a mistake while he was kinda cheesing, and then he got trashed and tossed around like a noob.
Suteki Da Ne 素敵だね Isn't it Wonderful
LeoLeo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Sweden456 Posts
February 27 2012 09:14 GMT
#99
First Genius goes 3 - 0 and then DRG comes back with a 4 - 0 and the last game will end in momma ship vs broodlord late game with DRG coming out on top.

In dong we trust.
Bacon, Orangina and chilling
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
February 27 2012 09:15 GMT
#100
My brain says Genius 4-0 but I wanna see a close finals so I'll go with Genius 4-3. Too bad there's crossfire in the map pool
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 285 286 287 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft454
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft454
WinterStarcraft454
RuFF_SC2 187
PiLiPiLi 28
SpeCial 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1391
White-Ra 187
Hyuk 51
Noble 45
Bale 24
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm204
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
taco 667
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox758
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor667
Other Games
summit1g10259
Coldzera 842
JimRising 419
C9.Mang0335
ViBE69
ArmadaUGS34
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick726
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream88
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo529
• Stunt198
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h
Online Event
8h
FEL
13h
AI Arena Tournament
14h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.