• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:39
CEST 11:39
KST 18:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)33Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9955 users

[GSL] 2012 Season 1 Code S Ro16 Group D - Page 194

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 200 Next
nofacej
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia164 Posts
February 09 2012 15:16 GMT
#3861
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46476 Posts
February 09 2012 15:19 GMT
#3862
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


I make three. I don't really care for him at all.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Bashion
Profile Joined February 2011
Cook Islands2612 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 15:22:27
February 09 2012 15:19 GMT
#3863
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


What i dont understand is how he manages to play very solid in some games and then make stupid builds, like marauder/hellion/thor or 5rax gas-less.

Im really disappointed by how Nestea played. He never gets tired of throwing games.

I've got moves like Jagger
kyllinghest
Profile Joined December 2011
Norway1607 Posts
February 09 2012 15:24 GMT
#3864
On February 10 2012 00:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


I make three. I don't really care for him at all.

He is an innnovative player who can beat anyone on his day, also he is a fan-favourite. He is exactly the kind of player SC2 need to continue rising.
"NO" -Has
Nakama
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany584 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 15:25:05
February 09 2012 15:24 GMT
#3865
I have a little Question just out of curiosity:

What would have happened if MKP won a game against DRG and everything else remained the same?
He would be 4-4 overall ( same as Genius) and 3-2 against Genius but still beeing 3 place due to loosing the last set ?
klo8
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria1960 Posts
February 09 2012 15:28 GMT
#3866
wow, DRG vs Nestea Game 3 is awesome.
This post is clearly not a hurr, as you can see from the graph, the durr never intersects with the derp.
Rybaia
Profile Joined May 2011
Italy213 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 15:30:28
February 09 2012 15:30 GMT
#3867
On February 10 2012 00:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


I make three. I don't really care for him at all.

I guess I'm the fourth lol.
I never liked his play to be honest. He has a very good micro tho.
vndods
Profile Joined October 2011
United States3743 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 15:32:44
February 09 2012 15:31 GMT
#3868
On February 10 2012 00:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


I make three. I don't really care for him at all.

sucks that it won't happen for you guys huh :/

cause MKP ISN"T GOIN ANYWHERE ANYTIME SOON ^_^
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
February 09 2012 15:31 GMT
#3869
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.


He made it to the round of 16 in code s, a feat that almost all foregniors will never get to have. Seems amazing to me
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
ydeer1993
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom569 Posts
February 09 2012 15:32 GMT
#3870
Please god, let us have a MMA vs DRG Final, you know it makes sense
**MMA** - MVP - Seed !
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
February 09 2012 15:33 GMT
#3871
This is looking like one of the best RO8s in a long time, anyone could win any of these games really.
alepoff
Profile Joined January 2012
140 Posts
February 09 2012 15:35 GMT
#3872
Who MC would like to face if he made the final:

"MMA. I think that will make it the most epic GSL finals ever. But it seems like I might meet him in the round of 4. If we were to meet in the round of 4, I guess we could say that is like the finals being brought forward. If that were the case, I hope to play anyone from group D, except Genius. "
(source, sk-gaming.com)

Interesting that he doesn't want to play genius? :p seems like the easiest opponent for him imo.
let's bounce
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46476 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 15:39:02
February 09 2012 15:36 GMT
#3873
On February 10 2012 00:24 kyllinghest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


I make three. I don't really care for him at all.

He is an innnovative player who can beat anyone on his day, also he is a fan-favourite. He is exactly the kind of player SC2 need to continue rising.


He's definitely a good player, especially his marine micro. I'm just a little put off by a few things he does, some of which aren't even inside of the game itself. For example, I like players having personalities, but him crying all the time is ridiculous. I also wasn't really a fan of him advertising that whole country/ political pressure opinion during one of the first GSLs. Something about China and Taiwan, or whatever the story was... it was pretty unprofessional.

And then this most recent set- where he did the standard dick-ish 5 minute Terran all-in against Protoss, and then 5rax no add-ons, didn't really make him appear any more likeable to me, as a Protoss.

::shrugs::

But I'm not gonna argue, because I totally see why people like him
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
OmniEulogy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada6600 Posts
February 09 2012 15:39 GMT
#3874
Well done Genius! I just made a few friends quite angry by correctly saying who would make it out of this group xD I love seeing genius make it out of groups nobody ever expects xD
LiquidDota Staff
vndods
Profile Joined October 2011
United States3743 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 15:40:16
February 09 2012 15:39 GMT
#3875
On February 10 2012 00:36 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:24 kyllinghest wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


I make three. I don't really care for him at all.

He is an innnovative player who can beat anyone on his day, also he is a fan-favourite. He is exactly the kind of player SC2 need to continue rising.


He's definitely a good player, especially his marine micro. I'm just a little put off by a few things he does, some of which aren't even inside of the game itself. For example, I like players having personalities, but him crying all the time is ridiculous in my opinion. I also wasn't really a fan of him advertising that whole country/ political pressure opinion during one of the first GSLs. Something about China and Taiwan, or whatever the story was... it was pretty unprofessional in my opinion.

And then this most recent set- where he did the standard dick-ish 5 minute Terran all-in against Protoss, and then 5rax no add-ons didn't really make me like him any more likeable to me, as a Protoss.

::shrugs::

But I'm not gonna argue, because I totally see why people like him

going up to 5 rax is becoming more popular nowadays with greedy toss going up to 3 nexus off 1 gate. had he not engaged prematurely and waited for 2-3 more vikings he could have possibly held genius' all in. plus, plenty of toss do 6-8 gate immediately after 1g expo, more often than terrans do 5rax followup after FE.

and he doesn't seem to be crying anymore nowadays, just looking really disappointed (today, HSC)
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
February 09 2012 15:41 GMT
#3876
On February 10 2012 00:36 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:24 kyllinghest wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


I make three. I don't really care for him at all.

He is an innnovative player who can beat anyone on his day, also he is a fan-favourite. He is exactly the kind of player SC2 need to continue rising.


He's definitely a good player, especially his marine micro. I'm just a little put off by a few things he does, some of which aren't even inside of the game itself. For example, I like players having personalities, but him crying all the time is ridiculous. I also wasn't really a fan of him advertising that whole country/ political pressure opinion during one of the first GSLs. Something about China and Taiwan, or whatever the story was... it was pretty unprofessional.

And then this most recent set- where he did the standard dick-ish 5 minute Terran all-in against Protoss, and then 5rax no add-ons, didn't really make him appear any more likeable to me, as a Protoss.

::shrugs::

But I'm not gonna argue, because I totally see why people like him


It was about the Dokdo islands, which is a dispute between SK and JPN. Far cry from some dispute between TW and CN...
Bashion
Profile Joined February 2011
Cook Islands2612 Posts
February 09 2012 15:41 GMT
#3877
On February 10 2012 00:36 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:24 kyllinghest wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


I make three. I don't really care for him at all.

He is an innnovative player who can beat anyone on his day, also he is a fan-favourite. He is exactly the kind of player SC2 need to continue rising.


He's definitely a good player, especially his marine micro. I'm just a little put off by a few things he does, some of which aren't even inside of the game itself. For example, I like players having personalities, but him crying all the time is ridiculous. I also wasn't really a fan of him advertising that whole country/ political pressure opinion during one of the first GSLs. Something about China and Taiwan, or whatever the story was... it was pretty unprofessional.

And then this most recent set- where he did the standard dick-ish 5 minute Terran all-in against Protoss, and then 5rax no add-ons, didn't really make him appear any more likeable to me, as a Protoss.

::shrugs::

But I'm not gonna argue, because I totally see why people like him


As a Protoss, you should be happy about him doing that 5-rax, cross position on one of the biggest maps

It was almost a free win. Despite which race he is playing against, that build is plain bad.
I've got moves like Jagger
Soyuz
Profile Joined July 2011
Hong Kong996 Posts
February 09 2012 15:42 GMT
#3878
On February 10 2012 00:31 radiantshadow92 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.


He made it to the round of 16 in code s, a feat that almost all foregniors will never get to have. Seems amazing to me


people are just jealous he has girl fans and they don't.

he's not top 5 players in the world but he's still damn good.
vndods
Profile Joined October 2011
United States3743 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-09 15:43:35
February 09 2012 15:43 GMT
#3879
On February 10 2012 00:41 Bashion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 10 2012 00:36 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:24 kyllinghest wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:19 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:16 nofacej wrote:
On February 10 2012 00:07 BritWrangler wrote:
Is it just me who wants MKP to go away? I know it sounds harsh but he never seems to win ANYTHING of merit and yet people still worship the ground he walks on. Strange.

Not just you. I'd be pretty happy if he disappeared into Code B never to return.


I make three. I don't really care for him at all.

He is an innnovative player who can beat anyone on his day, also he is a fan-favourite. He is exactly the kind of player SC2 need to continue rising.


He's definitely a good player, especially his marine micro. I'm just a little put off by a few things he does, some of which aren't even inside of the game itself. For example, I like players having personalities, but him crying all the time is ridiculous. I also wasn't really a fan of him advertising that whole country/ political pressure opinion during one of the first GSLs. Something about China and Taiwan, or whatever the story was... it was pretty unprofessional.

And then this most recent set- where he did the standard dick-ish 5 minute Terran all-in against Protoss, and then 5rax no add-ons, didn't really make him appear any more likeable to me, as a Protoss.

::shrugs::

But I'm not gonna argue, because I totally see why people like him


As a Protoss, you should be happy about him doing that 5-rax, cross position on one of the biggest maps

It was almost a free win. Despite which race he is playing against, that build is plain bad.

not too bad had genius decided to grab a third nexus off 1 gate. and with mkp executing that 5 rax followup, i could definitely see it effective against a zerg who didn't scout it.
b0rt_
Profile Joined October 2011
Norway931 Posts
February 09 2012 15:44 GMT
#3880
I'm happy a zerg made the ro8 :O I predicted Genius and a zerg to go through eheh, just the wrong zerg.
Prev 1 192 193 194 195 196 200 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 731
Bisu 556
BeSt 442
Hyuk 322
actioN 178
Leta 143
Zeus 111
EffOrt 110
ZerO 84
Soma 79
[ Show more ]
Light 74
Shinee 41
Mind 41
Mong 40
Killer 33
soO 33
sorry 30
Aegong 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 25
PianO 20
Terrorterran 12
ZergMaN 11
HiyA 10
Sharp 8
JulyZerg 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe152
League of Legends
JimRising 401
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss958
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1749
Other Games
gofns27938
summit1g8391
singsing1412
olofmeister1063
ceh9602
crisheroes308
XBOCT144
DeMusliM137
Livibee100
ArmadaUGS84
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick502
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream244
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH257
• LUISG 18
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2281
League of Legends
• Jankos1599
• Rush1210
• Stunt434
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
21m
OSC
3h 21m
Stellar Fest
3h 21m
OSC
14h 21m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.