• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:50
CEST 04:50
KST 11:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7732 users

[GSL] October Code A Preliminaries - Page 235

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
5237 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 233 234 235 236 237 262 Next
namste
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2292 Posts
September 04 2011 09:45 GMT
#4681
Hannibal vs Seed, that's a sick sick sick match inc.
IM hwaitiing ~ IMMvp #1 | Bang Min Ah <3<3
gasutora
Profile Joined August 2011
Portugal19 Posts
September 04 2011 09:45 GMT
#4682
He did not play yesterday Pajegetc , he played in the teamliquid tournament .

He didn't go to gsl , said on his stream he would only go next season
Zhyq
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom117 Posts
September 04 2011 09:45 GMT
#4683
Getting motivated to learn korean just to be able to understand their casts..
ImperialTea
Profile Joined June 2011
France187 Posts
September 04 2011 09:46 GMT
#4684
ahh good ol' korean casters. Love them!
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 09:46:32
September 04 2011 09:46 GMT
#4685
On September 04 2011 18:45 gasutora wrote:
He did not play yesterday Pajegetc , he played in the teamliquid tournament .

He didn't go to gsl , said on his stream he would only go next season


John the translator posted a while ago to say he lost in r32 yesterday...

Ah this commentary without audio compression gets a bit painful xD
Kiyo.
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2284 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 09:47:28
September 04 2011 09:46 GMT
#4686
On September 04 2011 18:44 bittman wrote:
Hey, I asked in chat, but no-one answers anything there haha.

I've heard people say ST_Superstar is a bit famous, can anyone fill me in why/how he is famous?


He does a variety SC2 korean show and used to dress up when he played(came on GSTL in a vampire costume). He also used to play random, and everyone loves a random player :D

Also the first time he played on GSTL Artosis hated on him because apparently he cheeses on the ladder a lot.
KT Rolster & StarTale <3 | twitter.com/RayFoxII - twitch.tv/RayFoxII
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
September 04 2011 09:46 GMT
#4687
On September 04 2011 18:43 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 18:42 usethis2 wrote:
Korean casters are much more technical in terms of game knowledge and build.


Isn't the guy casting with Mr Chae like...gold (think that's what he said in his interview yesterday?). I thought that was the whole premise of his show where he gets coached by Superstar or something?

I don't know.. but they really count every single unit/move.
Scrumdidlyumptious
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia235 Posts
September 04 2011 09:47 GMT
#4688
On September 04 2011 18:44 bittman wrote:
Hey, I asked in chat, but no-one answers anything there haha.

I've heard people say ST_Superstar is a bit famous, can anyone fill me in why/how he is famous?

He hosts a show with the Collosus caster. Collosus is a gold league player and Superstar "coaches" his games to make him a better player. Most of the coaching consists of Superstar shouting and scolding him lol. It's a funny show. He also did a 24 hour broadcasting marathon to attempt to break a Guinness World Record.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-04 09:48:31
September 04 2011 09:47 GMT
#4689
On September 04 2011 18:43 marvin. wrote:
does anyone think that the korean casters somehow make the game more interesting even though you can't understand them?

I'm so much more used to listening the korean casting, even now I usually tune out or mute english casters. But I always leave the korean casters on, they provide the emotional cues to the game that few english casters do, and they provide insight and analysis on a level that few english casters do. Sadly I can't understand the last part.

EDIT: On another topic, I really hope Tree and KingKong qualify. Although I still love GuMiHo. t.t
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
namste
Profile Joined October 2010
Finland2292 Posts
September 04 2011 09:47 GMT
#4690
Yet another Protoss guaranteed to qualify from Group L. Most likely Yonghwa since his Pvp is MC/Inca -level of godly.
IM hwaitiing ~ IMMvp #1 | Bang Min Ah <3<3
Asha
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom38257 Posts
September 04 2011 09:48 GMT
#4691
KINGKONG is dominating!

2-0'd Symbol to reach the finals of his group

Haniibal 2-0'd Inca too, Seed vs Hannibal semis inc.
Lorelei
Profile Joined September 2011
Russian Federation9 Posts
September 04 2011 09:49 GMT
#4692
On September 04 2011 18:47 tree.hugger wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 18:43 marvin. wrote:
does anyone think that the korean casters somehow make the game more interesting even though you can't understand them?

I'm so much more used to listening the korean casting, even now I usually tune out or mute english casters. But I always leave the korean casters on, they provide the emotional cues to the game that few english casters do, and they provide insight and analysis on a level that few english casters do. Sadly I can't understand the last part.

EDIT: On another topic, I really hope Tree and KingKong qualify. Although I still love GuMiHo. t.t

Can we somehow watch GSL with korean caster?
usethis2
Profile Joined December 2010
2164 Posts
September 04 2011 09:49 GMT
#4693
Look at those roach micros.. 0.0
Beyonder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands15103 Posts
September 04 2011 09:49 GMT
#4694
Oh sweet jesus I love Korean commentators so much more <3 <3 <3 <3
Moderator
marvin.
Profile Joined August 2010
United States469 Posts
September 04 2011 09:49 GMT
#4695
On September 04 2011 18:49 Lorelei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 18:47 tree.hugger wrote:
On September 04 2011 18:43 marvin. wrote:
does anyone think that the korean casters somehow make the game more interesting even though you can't understand them?

I'm so much more used to listening the korean casting, even now I usually tune out or mute english casters. But I always leave the korean casters on, they provide the emotional cues to the game that few english casters do, and they provide insight and analysis on a level that few english casters do. Sadly I can't understand the last part.

EDIT: On another topic, I really hope Tree and KingKong qualify. Although I still love GuMiHo. t.t

Can we somehow watch GSL with korean caster?


This! I almost forgot how good korean commentating was from listening to english casters for like a year with SC2.
Beyonder
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Netherlands15103 Posts
September 04 2011 09:49 GMT
#4696
On September 04 2011 18:49 Lorelei wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 18:47 tree.hugger wrote:
On September 04 2011 18:43 marvin. wrote:
does anyone think that the korean casters somehow make the game more interesting even though you can't understand them?

I'm so much more used to listening the korean casting, even now I usually tune out or mute english casters. But I always leave the korean casters on, they provide the emotional cues to the game that few english casters do, and they provide insight and analysis on a level that few english casters do. Sadly I can't understand the last part.

EDIT: On another topic, I really hope Tree and KingKong qualify. Although I still love GuMiHo. t.t

Can we somehow watch GSL with korean caster?

I usually try to watch the GOMTV vods with the app on my iphone (and I guess ipad now too), they are with korean commentary ^_^
Moderator
Metaltoss
Profile Joined April 2011
France781 Posts
September 04 2011 09:49 GMT
#4697
On September 04 2011 18:45 Grettin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 18:43 marvin. wrote:
does anyone think that the korean casters somehow make the game more interesting even though you can't understand them?


Been like this since Broodwar.


Agreed, it's a big part of what made BW exciting.

For the same reason, I can't bring myself to find american pro wrestling anything but silly. The japanese commentators for japanese wrestling however get all intense about it and it makes it highly enjoyable to watch, as you feel you're watching a real sport and not some random scripted showmatch.

If the commentators care about something, the spectators also care about it.
nokz88
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil1253 Posts
September 04 2011 09:50 GMT
#4698
On September 04 2011 18:43 Asha` wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2011 18:42 usethis2 wrote:
Korean casters are much more technical in terms of game knowledge and build.


Isn't the guy casting with Mr Chae like...gold (think that's what he said in his interview yesterday?). I thought that was the whole premise of his show where he gets coached by Superstar or something?


The thing is, Korean casters' roles are very clear, unlike english casters. Play-by-play shoutcasting doesn't need THAT much knowledge. Mr.Chae provides that.
in a state of trance
SuperFanBoy
Profile Joined June 2011
New Zealand1068 Posts
September 04 2011 09:50 GMT
#4699
lol the korean commentator said highway creep :D
Gary Oak
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada2381 Posts
September 04 2011 09:51 GMT
#4700
On September 04 2011 18:49 Beyonder wrote:
Oh sweet jesus I love Korean commentators so much more <3 <3 <3 <3

Despite being unable to understand a single word they're saying, the emotion and expression in their voice even makes ZvZ exciting.
[14:15] <+Skrammen> I like clicking Gary's links, kinda. Its like playing with lava.
Prev 1 233 234 235 236 237 262 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 192
Terrorterran 20
Bale 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm211
League of Legends
Doublelift5964
JimRising 779
Counter-Strike
taco 293
minikerr44
Other Games
summit1g12169
C9.Mang0392
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1219
BasetradeTV178
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream39
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP173
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo161
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 10m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 10m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 10m
Replay Cast
20h 10m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.