• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:09
CEST 11:09
KST 18:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7893 users

[Show] BoxeR vs Yellow - Page 156

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 154 155 156
Scrandom
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2819 Posts
August 05 2011 23:23 GMT
#3101
I was so scared at the start, I thought 5 people had shown up at the studio to watch a Boxer vs. Yellow showmatch, glad to see such a huge crowd.

I wish Boxer hadn't played so hard on Yellow the first game, although I did expect Yellow to play a bit better but oh well. The second game was pretty silly, Boxer obviously did some bad moves but I really liked how Yellow played it. The third game again disappointed that Boxer seemed to play a serious game in a fun match.

All in all, it was a really cool event to watch. Fun to see Boxer vs. Yellow again.
Soulish
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1403 Posts
August 05 2011 23:43 GMT
#3102
On August 06 2011 08:23 Scrandom wrote:
I was so scared at the start, I thought 5 people had shown up at the studio to watch a Boxer vs. Yellow showmatch, glad to see such a huge crowd.

I wish Boxer hadn't played so hard on Yellow the first game, although I did expect Yellow to play a bit better but oh well. The second game was pretty silly, Boxer obviously did some bad moves but I really liked how Yellow played it. The third game again disappointed that Boxer seemed to play a serious game in a fun match.

All in all, it was a really cool event to watch. Fun to see Boxer vs. Yellow again.

he massed command centers, how is that playing serious? lol
me all in, he drone drone drone, me win
Geniuszerg
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada454 Posts
August 05 2011 23:47 GMT
#3103
On August 06 2011 08:43 Soulish wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 08:23 Scrandom wrote:
I was so scared at the start, I thought 5 people had shown up at the studio to watch a Boxer vs. Yellow showmatch, glad to see such a huge crowd.

I wish Boxer hadn't played so hard on Yellow the first game, although I did expect Yellow to play a bit better but oh well. The second game was pretty silly, Boxer obviously did some bad moves but I really liked how Yellow played it. The third game again disappointed that Boxer seemed to play a serious game in a fun match.

All in all, it was a really cool event to watch. Fun to see Boxer vs. Yellow again.

he massed command centers, how is that playing serious? lol

massing cc's is a viable strat... no troll, you have so many mules, you dont need scvs, so your effective army supply is a lot higher
FidoDido
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1292 Posts
August 06 2011 00:08 GMT
#3104
Return of the Kong line.
LGIMSeed FantasyToss~~ Hipster Seed fan before he made Code A
EtohEtoh
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada669 Posts
August 06 2011 00:19 GMT
#3105
On August 06 2011 08:47 Geniuszerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 08:43 Soulish wrote:
On August 06 2011 08:23 Scrandom wrote:
I was so scared at the start, I thought 5 people had shown up at the studio to watch a Boxer vs. Yellow showmatch, glad to see such a huge crowd.

I wish Boxer hadn't played so hard on Yellow the first game, although I did expect Yellow to play a bit better but oh well. The second game was pretty silly, Boxer obviously did some bad moves but I really liked how Yellow played it. The third game again disappointed that Boxer seemed to play a serious game in a fun match.

All in all, it was a really cool event to watch. Fun to see Boxer vs. Yellow again.

he massed command centers, how is that playing serious? lol

massing cc's is a viable strat... no troll, you have so many mules, you dont need scvs, so your effective army supply is a lot higher


he used those ccs to spam scans though
Beardedclam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States839 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-06 01:31:21
August 06 2011 01:29 GMT
#3106
On August 06 2011 04:22 thopol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2011 04:15 tripper688 wrote:
On August 06 2011 03:22 roymarthyup wrote:
question, how the hell did GOM get so many people in that audience? there was more people in that audience than flash/jaedong starleague finals. wth??


it's boxer & yellow...

here's to hoping boxer is successful in his efforts at bringing yellow over

To be fair, a couple of them were old ladies who were dragged in by the incredibly lame movie (Step up, if that's a movie, something similar if it isn't) that they played between the Genius, Optimus, DRG matches and the actual show match.

All of the 3d that they laid out was cool but dance fighting is pretty much never cool, no matter how many dimensions it has. If it is, they should have produced a far far better movie to convince me of it. Everyone I talked to thought it was an ad at first, thought it was an extended preview thing second, and thought it was wretched shit after they understood that they were showing a film.

EDIT: Mostly, you should look up two posts and see how cool I am. That's all I'm really trying to say here.

EDIT 2: It's super second hand since it's through me, a person who doesn't speak Korean via a person who barely speaks English, but in the postgame interview I think Yellow was saying that he would play SC2. I'm not sure in what capacity, but that's certainly good news. Pity it doesn't really mean anything from this source.

EDIT 3: I don't really know anything about the SC2 press. If it's the same DES, Fomos, the other one or whatever. If you see me pictured by whoever was taking them, please send me a PM so I can include it in my recap. Hook it up son!
(Also for mad self aggrandizement)


What were the results for Genius, DRG, and Optimus matches? Where they good matches? Also, are there any vods of them?
"bye bye" - genius "#$@% you" - Idra------------|Genius|DRG|Keen|---------Breakfast.213
Beardedclam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States839 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-06 01:30:58
August 06 2011 01:30 GMT
#3107
Delete
"bye bye" - genius "#$@% you" - Idra------------|Genius|DRG|Keen|---------Breakfast.213
Beardedclam
Profile Joined September 2010
United States839 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-06 01:31:05
August 06 2011 01:30 GMT
#3108
delete
"bye bye" - genius "#$@% you" - Idra------------|Genius|DRG|Keen|---------Breakfast.213
PartyBiscuit
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada4525 Posts
August 06 2011 02:21 GMT
#3109
On August 06 2011 08:23 Scrandom wrote:
I was so scared at the start, I thought 5 people had shown up at the studio to watch a Boxer vs. Yellow showmatch, glad to see such a huge crowd.

I wish Boxer hadn't played so hard on Yellow the first game, although I did expect Yellow to play a bit better but oh well. The second game was pretty silly, Boxer obviously did some bad moves but I really liked how Yellow played it. The third game again disappointed that Boxer seemed to play a serious game in a fun match.

All in all, it was a really cool event to watch. Fun to see Boxer vs. Yellow again.

Boxer was more hard on Yellow for game 3. Game one was pure trolling with the teleporting bunker strategy (he even pulled back when his hellions did too much damage in the main from his first drop and apologized - he was always just trying to maintain the advantage and not kill Yellow for game one).
the farm ends here
whatthefat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States918 Posts
August 06 2011 17:41 GMT
#3110
Despite my excitement, I actually found this match incredibly depressing. Yellow was completely outclassed from the beginning, and the entire match consisted of Boxer toying with him (pulling out from clearly gg positions in all games). I was surprised by how little understanding of the game Yellow seemed to have. Not getting roaches in game 1, and then building pure roach in response to scouting 2port banshee was bizarre. As was his complete lack of droning and never getting baneling speed. I can't believe he put any effort into preparing; throughout the series it seemed as though he had never seen a hellion before.
SlayerS_BoxeR: "I always feel sorry towards Greg (Grack?) T_T"
brachester
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia1786 Posts
August 06 2011 17:45 GMT
#3111
On August 07 2011 02:41 whatthefat wrote:
Despite my excitement, I actually found this match incredibly depressing. Yellow was completely outclassed from the beginning, and the entire match consisted of Boxer toying with him (pulling out from clearly gg positions in all games). I was surprised by how little understanding of the game Yellow seemed to have. Not getting roaches in game 1, and then building pure roach in response to scouting 2port banshee was bizarre. As was his complete lack of droning and never getting baneling speed. I can't believe he put any effort into preparing; throughout the series it seemed as though he had never seen a hellion before.

That is to be expected from a person who been playing only for 1 month, and not even a solid 1 month, he was playing for fun. You can't gain the mechanics by just playing for 1 month,you can however get familiar with the interface and control (which yellow has enough of them already). I don't see how it is depressing for you, but it its indeed boring for me as it is one sided but expected one sided.
I hate all this singing
whatthefat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States918 Posts
August 06 2011 17:51 GMT
#3112
On August 07 2011 02:45 brachester wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2011 02:41 whatthefat wrote:
Despite my excitement, I actually found this match incredibly depressing. Yellow was completely outclassed from the beginning, and the entire match consisted of Boxer toying with him (pulling out from clearly gg positions in all games). I was surprised by how little understanding of the game Yellow seemed to have. Not getting roaches in game 1, and then building pure roach in response to scouting 2port banshee was bizarre. As was his complete lack of droning and never getting baneling speed. I can't believe he put any effort into preparing; throughout the series it seemed as though he had never seen a hellion before.

That is to be expected from a person who been playing only for 1 month, and not even a solid 1 month, he was playing for fun.


That being the case, I don't think it was worth it. They should have waited until he had some more experience. He didn't even look like a GM level player to me. Given Yellow's legacy, I found it pretty painful to watch.
SlayerS_BoxeR: "I always feel sorry towards Greg (Grack?) T_T"
hiturheartx
Profile Joined August 2011
61 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 12:07:51
August 10 2011 12:07 GMT
#3113
delete
Prev 1 154 155 156
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1369
Hyuk 449
Bisu 260
Dewaltoss 92
Leta 79
Larva 65
Killer 63
EffOrt 45
soO 43
ZerO 41
[ Show more ]
Yoon 38
Sharp 35
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 32
Soma 30
Sexy 30
Bale 26
Light 20
Hm[arnc] 16
Sacsri 14
NaDa 11
JulyZerg 7
Terrorterran 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 127
League of Legends
JimRising 428
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss928
byalli635
kRYSTAL_35
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor998
crisheroes266
Other Games
gofns11345
summit1g9105
singsing1380
olofmeister951
ceh9643
Mew2King90
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream151
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2384
League of Legends
• Rush1106
• Stunt408
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 51m
OSC
12h 51m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.