• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:26
CEST 16:26
KST 23:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8574 users

[GSL] Super Tourney ro4 - Page 10

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 175 Next
Lord_J
Profile Joined April 2011
Kenya1085 Posts
June 13 2011 08:17 GMT
#181
On June 13 2011 16:52 FuzzyJAM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 16:39 Parcelleus wrote:
On June 13 2011 16:25 FuzzyJAM wrote:
Please don't let Polt win. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.


All those saying he's highly underrated, can you give me an example of one of his top games this tournament where he showed outstanding play that you'd expect from a Ro4 player? Something that proves he's, say, a top 10 player?


Dont be mean.

Polt is getting some results, which speaks for itself.


I'm not being mean, I'm discussing players and rooting for the better ones.

Rain, Inca, Rainbow, LiveForever. . .there are a few more I could throw in this list who have made the semi-finals and, quite simply, were not of that calibre and really showed it when they got roflstomped or fell off the map completely. If you're going to claim that reaching the semis alone makes Polt an elite player then I guess LiveForever was an elite player at the time too and people bashing Rain's play got it all wrong.

Nope.

That's why I'm asking for people to give specific games this tournament where Polt has shown exceptional play. I want to know why people think he's really, really good because, put simply, I don't see it. If he ever plays amazingly then I'll be the first to admit that Polt has proven me wrong.


Polt has made exceptionally few mistakes in all of his games. Genuinely exceptional play isn't about doing things that make you say "wow!" Rather, it's about doing all the little things that make winning seem ho-hum.
No relation to Monsieur J.
FuzzyJAM
Profile Joined July 2010
Scotland9300 Posts
June 13 2011 08:18 GMT
#182
On June 13 2011 17:05 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 16:52 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On June 13 2011 16:39 Parcelleus wrote:
On June 13 2011 16:25 FuzzyJAM wrote:
Please don't let Polt win. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.


All those saying he's highly underrated, can you give me an example of one of his top games this tournament where he showed outstanding play that you'd expect from a Ro4 player? Something that proves he's, say, a top 10 player?


Dont be mean.

Polt is getting some results, which speaks for itself.


I'm not being mean, I'm discussing players and rooting for the better ones.

Rain, Inca, Rainbow, LiveForever. . .there are a few more I could throw in this list who have made the semi-finals and, quite simply, were not of that calibre and really showed it when they got roflstomped or fell off the map completely. If you're going to claim that reaching the semis alone makes Polt an elite player then I guess LiveForever was an elite player at the time too and people bashing Rain's play got it all wrong.

Nope.

That's why I'm asking for people to give specific games this tournament where Polt has shown exceptional play. I want to know why people think he's really, really good because, put simply, I don't see it. If he ever plays amazingly then I'll be the first to admit that Polt has proven me wrong.


Why did you leave Nada off your list? He consistently gets rolled in the ro8 and got 3-0'ed by Inca last season. Why did you leave BoxeR off? He got 4-0'ed by Nestea. Why did you leave off July? He got crushed by MC. Those pathetic scrubs.


: /


I specifically stated that other players in the semis weren't really of the calibre you might expect. Boxer is a god, but he's a prime example of someone who got his favourite matchup a bunch, got a lucky bracket and placed better than he realistically was at the time.

There's a huge gap between "elite" and "pathetic scrub". Polt is a good player, one of the top 25 or so Koreans probably. He doesn't make many obvious mistakes and that can win you a lot of games. That doesn't mean I think he's underrated when people say he's not as good as a Ro4 appearance in the biggest tournament in the world would suggest. That's all people are arguing - no one is saying he's some bronze league terrible kid.
Did you ever say Yes to a single joy?
Niruz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden169 Posts
June 13 2011 08:28 GMT
#183
Marineking had better win this tournament
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
June 13 2011 08:28 GMT
#184
Are these semifinal games and the finals casted by Tastetosis?
Moonwrath
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States9568 Posts
June 13 2011 08:33 GMT
#185
MKP this is your tournament man. Let's do it!
화이탱!! @moonsoshi9
Dean_
Profile Joined February 2011
Finland36 Posts
June 13 2011 08:36 GMT
#186
I'll be cheering for MMA today =)
Korean comic: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=20&weekday=tue
-Strider-
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico1605 Posts
June 13 2011 08:36 GMT
#187
On June 13 2011 17:28 Zzoram wrote:
Are these semifinal games and the finals casted by Tastetosis?

Yes, source
What is up? IM NESTEAAAA!
I)etox
Profile Joined April 2011
1240 Posts
June 13 2011 08:38 GMT
#188
time is crawling by so slowly as I wait ... 30... more... minutes....
ComTrav
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1093 Posts
June 13 2011 08:39 GMT
#189
I want to say this is MarineKing's tournament...but MMA is so clutch at beating players. I almost feel like MMA plays to the level of the person he's against. MMA can definitely take a game off anyone, but I don't know if he can go the whole Bo5.

TOP vs. Polt...I think I'm going to pull for TOP, he's a great player, a very good macro Terran, and I think he deserves a place in the sun. I'm in the "Polt is underrated and has been playing really well lately" camp, but I think Top is more proven in TvT.

ItsMeDomLee
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2732 Posts
June 13 2011 08:40 GMT
#190
On June 13 2011 17:18 FuzzyJAM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 17:05 ItsMeDomLee wrote:
On June 13 2011 16:52 FuzzyJAM wrote:
On June 13 2011 16:39 Parcelleus wrote:
On June 13 2011 16:25 FuzzyJAM wrote:
Please don't let Polt win. Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.


All those saying he's highly underrated, can you give me an example of one of his top games this tournament where he showed outstanding play that you'd expect from a Ro4 player? Something that proves he's, say, a top 10 player?


Dont be mean.

Polt is getting some results, which speaks for itself.


I'm not being mean, I'm discussing players and rooting for the better ones.

Rain, Inca, Rainbow, LiveForever. . .there are a few more I could throw in this list who have made the semi-finals and, quite simply, were not of that calibre and really showed it when they got roflstomped or fell off the map completely. If you're going to claim that reaching the semis alone makes Polt an elite player then I guess LiveForever was an elite player at the time too and people bashing Rain's play got it all wrong.

Nope.

That's why I'm asking for people to give specific games this tournament where Polt has shown exceptional play. I want to know why people think he's really, really good because, put simply, I don't see it. If he ever plays amazingly then I'll be the first to admit that Polt has proven me wrong.


Why did you leave Nada off your list? He consistently gets rolled in the ro8 and got 3-0'ed by Inca last season. Why did you leave BoxeR off? He got 4-0'ed by Nestea. Why did you leave off July? He got crushed by MC. Those pathetic scrubs.


: /


I specifically stated that other players in the semis weren't really of the calibre you might expect. Boxer is a god, but he's a prime example of someone who got his favourite matchup a bunch, got a lucky bracket and placed better than he realistically was at the time.


What do you mean when you say that someone got a lucky bracket? I don't understand what the term means. BoxeR had to take out Loner (considered one of the strongest foreign Terrans at the time) and Nada to get to the Round of 4.

Rain didn't deserve to be in the finals? He took out Genius, Nestea, and HongunPrime.

Inca got a lucky bracket and is only good at PvP? He didn't drop a single set to Nada/Virus.

But wait, you say that those two cheesed their way to the finals? MarineKing did the same in GSL2 and doesn't get nearly the same amount of shit they get.

Stop undermining others' achievements. Frankly it's insulting.
tuestresfat
Profile Joined December 2010
2555 Posts
June 13 2011 08:41 GMT
#191
i used to hate tvt a lot -.-' just thought it was really boring...

but, watching so so so so so many tvt's have grown on me =] GO MMA!!!
Jieun
Profile Joined October 2010
United States247 Posts
June 13 2011 08:41 GMT
#192
On June 13 2011 17:39 ComTrav wrote:
I want to say this is MarineKing's tournament...but MMA is so clutch at beating players. I almost feel like MMA plays to the level of the person he's against. MMA can definitely take a game off anyone, but I don't know if he can go the whole Bo5.

TOP vs. Polt...I think I'm going to pull for TOP, he's a great player, a very good macro Terran, and I think he deserves a place in the sun. I'm in the "Polt is underrated and has been playing really well lately" camp, but I think Top is more proven in TvT.



MMA can clutch some top players, but no one can clutch MKP--he just has that little MKP magic.
ItsMeDomLee
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2732 Posts
June 13 2011 08:43 GMT
#193
On June 13 2011 17:41 Jieun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2011 17:39 ComTrav wrote:
I want to say this is MarineKing's tournament...but MMA is so clutch at beating players. I almost feel like MMA plays to the level of the person he's against. MMA can definitely take a game off anyone, but I don't know if he can go the whole Bo5.

TOP vs. Polt...I think I'm going to pull for TOP, he's a great player, a very good macro Terran, and I think he deserves a place in the sun. I'm in the "Polt is underrated and has been playing really well lately" camp, but I think Top is more proven in TvT.



MMA can clutch some top players, but no one can clutch MKP--he just has that little MKP magic.


How does this even make sense? He hasn't even won anything yet. How can you be clutch when you consistently collapse on the biggest stage? At least MMA has won MLG and the team league TWICE.
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51621 Posts
June 13 2011 08:45 GMT
#194
MarineKong can never escape the Kongline.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
supersoft
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany3729 Posts
June 13 2011 08:46 GMT
#195
pff mkp always wins the semifinals...
Fralse
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden44 Posts
June 13 2011 08:46 GMT
#196
Hope MKP wins today!!

It's his time to win a finals, no more second place
mikyaJ
Profile Joined April 2011
1834 Posts
June 13 2011 08:47 GMT
#197
MKP has to win because it's his job to get second place.

And I hope Polt wins on the other side.
MKP||TSL
Quasimodo
Profile Joined September 2009
Norway84 Posts
June 13 2011 08:48 GMT
#198
Well MKP has to win to get the silver he rightfully deserves, but that means beating MMA.
1905 no more. Bring back the union!
Moonwrath
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States9568 Posts
June 13 2011 08:50 GMT
#199
SNSD, GET HYPED
화이탱!! @moonsoshi9
mikyaJ
Profile Joined April 2011
1834 Posts
June 13 2011 08:50 GMT
#200
This is some old SNSD
MKP||TSL
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 175 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1115
RotterdaM611
SteadfastSC274
TKL 228
Rex135
CosmosSc2 43
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 611
SteadfastSC 274
TKL 228
Rex 135
ProTech66
CosmosSc2 43
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44640
Calm 3280
Shuttle 2529
Jaedong 1690
Horang2 762
Soma 545
actioN 541
Mini 449
Rush 435
Soulkey 397
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 351
Stork 349
ZerO 270
Larva 238
BeSt 211
Snow 190
Mong 132
firebathero 120
Zeus 94
hero 94
Mind 75
910 69
Free 66
Hyun 52
Sharp 42
sorry 40
Shine 39
Shinee 36
PianO 35
Pusan 32
JYJ 28
ToSsGirL 26
Aegong 23
Bale 23
Sexy 22
Terrorterran 22
HiyA 20
Hm[arnc] 14
Killer 14
Rock 13
scan(afreeca) 13
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Gorgc5130
Dendi1397
Counter-Strike
fl0m2367
Fnx 600
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King167
ChuDatz19
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko359
Other Games
singsing2200
hiko774
crisheroes417
B2W.Neo289
Liquid`RaSZi283
DeMusliM219
Khaldor195
Livibee181
Pyrionflax175
Liquid`VortiX147
dupreeh132
ceh9115
Trikslyr79
QueenE59
ZerO(Twitch)19
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 663
Other Games
BasetradeTV180
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream26
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH230
• mYiSmile18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2215
• Jankos1557
• TFBlade490
• Noizen92
Other Games
• Shiphtur690
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 34m
The PondCast
19h 34m
INu's Battles
20h 34m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 7h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.