• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:16
CEST 03:16
KST 10:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7509 users

MLG Columbus 2011 Event Details - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
1096 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 55 Next
NarcoticX
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7 Posts
April 27 2011 12:53 GMT
#141
I live 15 minutes away from the venue, I'll be there with an eagle poster.
mahkan
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States153 Posts
April 27 2011 18:52 GMT
#142
I'll try to be there. Just an hour drive from where I live.
sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
April 27 2011 19:02 GMT
#143
On April 27 2011 21:53 NarcoticX wrote:
I live 15 minutes away from the venue, I'll be there with an eagle poster.

:D I hope you are serious.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
April 28 2011 17:05 GMT
#144
The entire 2011 MLG Season stops have been announced: http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/announcing-the-full-2011-pro-circuit-season-schedule/

Remaining Regular Season Stops:
MLG Columbus: June 3-5
MLG Anaheim: July 29-31
MLG Raleigh: August 26-28
MLG Orlando: October 14-16

2011 National Championships:
MLG Providence: November 18-20

We are also ready to announce full details about the format of the National Championships. They will not be invitation-only; registration will be open to everyone.
MoreFaSho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1427 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-02 14:27:24
May 02 2011 14:26 GMT
#145
I'm a little upset/surprised it's too late to sign up for the online points league (I even bought the MLG money thing to sign up) for Columbus, I haven't even yet been able to guarantee that I get a player pass for Columbus.
Is this really the way it was intended? If it is I understand, but I would've signed up, but hadn't been able to plan my trip yet.
I always try to shield slam face, just to make sure it doesnt work
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-03 12:17:38
May 03 2011 12:16 GMT
#146
On May 02 2011 23:26 MoreFaSho wrote:
I'm a little upset/surprised it's too late to sign up for the online points league (I even bought the MLG money thing to sign up) for Columbus, I haven't even yet been able to guarantee that I get a player pass for Columbus.
Is this really the way it was intended? If it is I understand, but I would've signed up, but hadn't been able to plan my trip yet.

You do not get a reserved pass by playing in the Columbus Online Qualifier. You just get Rank Points for seeding at the event. The registration for the Online Qualifiers are usually open for about a month, before heading into the playoff bracket. Additionally, the Online Qualifier is not necessary in order to purchase a pass, and compete at the Columbus event, it is used to gain Rank Points only.

Player passes go on sale in the MLG Store tonight at 7 PM ET. http://store.majorleaguegaming.com

So I'd suggest to be online, ready to purchase the player pass at that time.
MoreFaSho
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1427 Posts
May 03 2011 12:59 GMT
#147
On May 03 2011 21:16 MLG Deimos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 02 2011 23:26 MoreFaSho wrote:
I'm a little upset/surprised it's too late to sign up for the online points league (I even bought the MLG money thing to sign up) for Columbus, I haven't even yet been able to guarantee that I get a player pass for Columbus.
Is this really the way it was intended? If it is I understand, but I would've signed up, but hadn't been able to plan my trip yet.

You do not get a reserved pass by playing in the Columbus Online Qualifier. You just get Rank Points for seeding at the event. The registration for the Online Qualifiers are usually open for about a month, before heading into the playoff bracket. Additionally, the Online Qualifier is not necessary in order to purchase a pass, and compete at the Columbus event, it is used to gain Rank Points only.

Player passes go on sale in the MLG Store tonight at 7 PM ET. http://store.majorleaguegaming.com

So I'd suggest to be online, ready to purchase the player pass at that time.

I just wanted to get a better seed so I don't have to play players who barely missed the cut for top 16 from dallas in the first round. I'll be online and ready to purchase.
I always try to shield slam face, just to make sure it doesnt work
TestSubject893
Profile Joined September 2009
United States774 Posts
May 04 2011 00:18 GMT
#148
On May 03 2011 21:59 MoreFaSho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 03 2011 21:16 MLG Deimos wrote:
On May 02 2011 23:26 MoreFaSho wrote:
I'm a little upset/surprised it's too late to sign up for the online points league (I even bought the MLG money thing to sign up) for Columbus, I haven't even yet been able to guarantee that I get a player pass for Columbus.
Is this really the way it was intended? If it is I understand, but I would've signed up, but hadn't been able to plan my trip yet.

You do not get a reserved pass by playing in the Columbus Online Qualifier. You just get Rank Points for seeding at the event. The registration for the Online Qualifiers are usually open for about a month, before heading into the playoff bracket. Additionally, the Online Qualifier is not necessary in order to purchase a pass, and compete at the Columbus event, it is used to gain Rank Points only.

Player passes go on sale in the MLG Store tonight at 7 PM ET. http://store.majorleaguegaming.com

So I'd suggest to be online, ready to purchase the player pass at that time.

I just wanted to get a better seed so I don't have to play players who barely missed the cut for top 16 from dallas in the first round. I'll be online and ready to purchase.


Yeah, I agree with this. The timing makes it seem even more gimmicky than it already seemed. Seems to me like people are going to be a lot more likely to play in an online qualifier for seeding if they have already committed the $70 to playing at the live event.
GriNn
Profile Joined September 2010
United States243 Posts
May 04 2011 02:48 GMT
#149
Have they released any other venue info for the other events? Would be nice to know asap.
Liquid`Tyler: I only needed one probe to take down idra. I had to upgrade to a zealot for strelok.
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
May 04 2011 07:34 GMT
#150
ahhhh cant wait! LOVE MLG events!!!! my favourite in all of sc2
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-04 07:55:36
May 04 2011 07:51 GMT
#151
On April 27 2011 08:49 Naniwa wrote:
any way to check group?

If everyone showed up the groups would be

Group A
1) Naniwa
8) Moonan
9) Slush
16) Tyler

Group B
2) Kiwikaki
7) Idra
10) Huk
15) Machine

Group C

3) Select
6) Socke
11) Drewbie
14) Haypro

Group D

4) InControl
5) TLO
12) Sjow
13) Ret

But I believe we already know at least a couple won't attend (Socke and HuK?)

In that case the groups would be

+ Show Spoiler +
Group A
1) Naniwa
8) Slush
9) Drewbie
16) Vibe (?)

Group B
2) Kiwikaki
7) Moonan
10) Sjow
15) Sheth

Group C

3) Select
6) Idra
11) Ret
14) Tyler

Group D

4) InControl
5) TLO
12) Haypro
13) Machine
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
May 04 2011 10:22 GMT
#152
On May 04 2011 11:48 GriNn wrote:
Have they released any other venue info for the other events? Would be nice to know asap.

http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/news/announcing-the-full-2011-pro-circuit-season-schedule

June 3-5: Columbus, OH – Columbus Convention Center
July 29-31: Anaheim, CA – Anaheim Convention Center
August 26-28: Raleigh, NC – Raleigh Convention Center
October 14-16: Orlando, FL – Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
November 18-20: Providence, RI – National Championship - Rhode Island Convention Center

The National Championship is also open to everybody. It is not invite only.
MLG Deimos
Profile Joined September 2010
United States652 Posts
May 04 2011 20:22 GMT
#153
StarCraft 2 Map Pool for MLG Columbus

  • MLG Metalopolis
  • MLG Shakuras Plateau
  • MLG Shattered Temple
  • MLG Tal’darim Altar
  • MLG Testbug
  • MLG Typhon Peaks
  • MLG Xel’Naga Caverns


Read here for the list of changes to the maps: http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mlg/mlg-starcraft-2-map-pool
scrub96
Profile Joined August 2010
United States76 Posts
May 04 2011 22:49 GMT
#154
Got my pass. Looking forward to it.
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
May 05 2011 01:22 GMT
#155
One thing I would personally like to see is having the casters wear a nice button up and tie. I feel that just throwing on the overcoat coat looks tacky :p

No big deal I just feel it makes them look a lot nice
eqez
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden837 Posts
May 06 2011 00:14 GMT
#156
On May 05 2011 10:22 Lemonayd wrote:
One thing I would personally like to see is having the casters wear a nice button up and tie. I feel that just throwing on the overcoat coat looks tacky :p

No big deal I just feel it makes them look a lot nice

Is there any american caster for any sport that doesnt look tacky in a terrible suitjacket and a ugly shirt?
Nidoa
Profile Joined October 2009
Canada239 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-06 00:17:45
May 06 2011 00:17 GMT
#157
On May 04 2011 16:51 syllogism wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 27 2011 08:49 Naniwa wrote:
any way to check group?

If everyone showed up the groups would be

Group A
1) Naniwa
8) Moonan
9) Slush
16) Tyler

Group B
2) Kiwikaki
7) Idra
10) Huk
15) Machine

Group C

3) Select
6) Socke
11) Drewbie
14) Haypro

Group D

4) InControl
5) TLO
12) Sjow
13) Ret

But I believe we already know at least a couple won't attend (Socke and HuK?)

In that case the groups would be

+ Show Spoiler +
Group A
1) Naniwa
8) Slush
9) Drewbie
16) Vibe (?)

Group B
2) Kiwikaki
7) Moonan
10) Sjow
15) Sheth

Group C

3) Select
6) Idra
11) Ret
14) Tyler

Group D

4) InControl
5) TLO
12) Haypro
13) Machine


If you don't count Huk then you probably shouldn't count Haypro either. That being said, is there really a GSL event during that MLG? If not Huk'll probably be there.
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
May 06 2011 01:20 GMT
#158
I believe Huk said on his stream last night he's not going to MLG
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-06 11:42:03
May 06 2011 11:40 GMT
#159
On May 06 2011 09:17 Nidoa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2011 16:51 syllogism wrote:
On April 27 2011 08:49 Naniwa wrote:
any way to check group?

If everyone showed up the groups would be

Group A
1) Naniwa
8) Moonan
9) Slush
16) Tyler

Group B
2) Kiwikaki
7) Idra
10) Huk
15) Machine

Group C

3) Select
6) Socke
11) Drewbie
14) Haypro

Group D

4) InControl
5) TLO
12) Sjow
13) Ret

But I believe we already know at least a couple won't attend (Socke and HuK?)

In that case the groups would be

+ Show Spoiler +
Group A
1) Naniwa
8) Slush
9) Drewbie
16) Vibe (?)

Group B
2) Kiwikaki
7) Moonan
10) Sjow
15) Sheth

Group C

3) Select
6) Idra
11) Ret
14) Tyler

Group D

4) InControl
5) TLO
12) Haypro
13) Machine


If you don't count Huk then you probably shouldn't count Haypro either. That being said, is there really a GSL event during that MLG? If not Huk'll probably be there.

I heard Kelly mentioned on some stream chat that Huk isn't coming and Sheth was also saying MLG is expecting up to 4 players not to come. I suppose he might if he gets eliminated from that GSL super tournament early. Haypro isn't in that so he could come regardless.
zaii
Profile Joined October 2010
Guam2611 Posts
May 06 2011 11:59 GMT
#160
I wonder which 4 korean players will be at Columbus hm..



Sundance confirmed 4 korean players will be at Columbus so far!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 55 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 177
ProTech120
Nathanias 96
RuFF_SC2 59
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15605
Rain 1585
GuemChi 894
Artosis 704
Bale 14
Dota 2
monkeys_forever479
Counter-Strike
taco 214
minikerr32
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1018
Mew2King98
Other Games
summit1g7173
JimRising 506
WinterStarcraft480
C9.Mang0176
ViBE125
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick853
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream49
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 100
• davetesta25
• Letter144
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra563
• Shiphtur406
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
8h 44m
INu's Battles
9h 44m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
11h 44m
OSC
20h 59m
Replay Cast
21h 44m
OSC
1d 21h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.