• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:52
CEST 07:52
KST 14:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7855 users

[GSL May] Code S Group Nominations - Page 106

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 110 Next
Rarak
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia631 Posts
April 07 2011 12:48 GMT
#2101
On April 07 2011 21:33 sleepingdog wrote:
I think it's interesting how everyone believes July will go through without troubles......he got his behind handed to him in the earlier seasons and - honestly - only performed so well because he played aggressively while every zerg and their mother are playing defensive macro nowadays. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Inca and HuK make it out. Rain is definitely not that good of a player, I have him as solid last place. And I think TheWind will make sure that Inca and HuK will be practicing hard against the unpredictable july-style-zerg. Once games follow a "standard"-path, I doubt that July will be able to pull out a victory.


Did you not see him in world show match? July is legit
hachoo
Profile Joined January 2011
Australia28 Posts
April 07 2011 12:48 GMT
#2102
Team killing in Group A, Group F and G are the weakest IMO. Group D = Death and Huk is totally screwed.... not gonna beat July and will struggle so hard to beat Inca (considering his P v P is his weakest).

GL to Foreigners!
Punkstar
Profile Joined July 2010
Slovakia522 Posts
April 07 2011 12:52 GMT
#2103
Well Jinro better brings his A-game or I dont see him advancing :s
When in doubt, just drone up.
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
April 07 2011 12:52 GMT
#2104
On April 07 2011 21:47 Diaz wrote:
Only one from SlayerS clan? I thought SlayerS_MMA was going to make it to code S this GSL.


Pretty sure all the slayers that managed to get in Code A this season will make it to Code S!

Can't wait to see Code A for all the slayers member though, it's gonna be awesome.
sleepingdog
Profile Joined August 2008
Austria6145 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-07 12:55:40
April 07 2011 12:54 GMT
#2105
On April 07 2011 21:48 Rarak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 21:33 sleepingdog wrote:
I think it's interesting how everyone believes July will go through without troubles......he got his behind handed to him in the earlier seasons and - honestly - only performed so well because he played aggressively while every zerg and their mother are playing defensive macro nowadays. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Inca and HuK make it out. Rain is definitely not that good of a player, I have him as solid last place. And I think TheWind will make sure that Inca and HuK will be practicing hard against the unpredictable july-style-zerg. Once games follow a "standard"-path, I doubt that July will be able to pull out a victory.


Did you not see him in world show match? July is legit


I did.

But I also saw Fruitdealer, NesTea and MVP all dominate and....well....yeah, we all know where they are now. Maybe I'm wrong here, obviously that's just my opinion, but I think July will be figured out soon. Imo people give him way too much credit because of his BW history. Same as they did with Nada and Boxer. Imo July is exactly on their level, not worse but not better either.
"You see....YOU SEE..." © 2010 Sen
s4life
Profile Joined March 2007
Peru1519 Posts
April 07 2011 13:01 GMT
#2106
On April 07 2011 21:54 sleepingdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 21:48 Rarak wrote:
On April 07 2011 21:33 sleepingdog wrote:
I think it's interesting how everyone believes July will go through without troubles......he got his behind handed to him in the earlier seasons and - honestly - only performed so well because he played aggressively while every zerg and their mother are playing defensive macro nowadays. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Inca and HuK make it out. Rain is definitely not that good of a player, I have him as solid last place. And I think TheWind will make sure that Inca and HuK will be practicing hard against the unpredictable july-style-zerg. Once games follow a "standard"-path, I doubt that July will be able to pull out a victory.


Did you not see him in world show match? July is legit


I did.

But I also saw Fruitdealer, NesTea and MVP all dominate and....well....yeah, we all know where they are now. Maybe I'm wrong here, obviously that's just my opinion, but I think July will be figured out soon. Imo people give him way too much credit because of his BW history. Same as they did with Nada and Boxer. Imo July is exactly on their level, not worse but not better either.


July won a OSL in 2008.. Nada and Boxer were not even close at that time, they much older. Also, Nada and Boxer never advanced to a final. In fact, as of late I think they both are gonna drop games and leave code S/A in the next couple of seasons... July? he's gonna probably reach semis again. Who knows how long it will take to figure him out. heck none has figured out 10% of the game yet.. I doubt it's gonna happen soon enough.
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
April 07 2011 13:01 GMT
#2107
On April 07 2011 21:54 sleepingdog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 21:48 Rarak wrote:
On April 07 2011 21:33 sleepingdog wrote:
I think it's interesting how everyone believes July will go through without troubles......he got his behind handed to him in the earlier seasons and - honestly - only performed so well because he played aggressively while every zerg and their mother are playing defensive macro nowadays. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Inca and HuK make it out. Rain is definitely not that good of a player, I have him as solid last place. And I think TheWind will make sure that Inca and HuK will be practicing hard against the unpredictable july-style-zerg. Once games follow a "standard"-path, I doubt that July will be able to pull out a victory.


Did you not see him in world show match? July is legit


I did.

But I also saw Fruitdealer, NesTea and MVP all dominate and....well....yeah, we all know where they are now. Maybe I'm wrong here, obviously that's just my opinion, but I think July will be figured out soon. Imo people give him way too much credit because of his BW history. Same as they did with Nada and Boxer. Imo July is exactly on their level, not worse but not better either.


People said the same about MarineKing. Also Boxer is not on the same level as Nada/July, at all. He's like a fourth tier Terran at the moment.

Nestea hasn't fallen off the world, he's still in Code S. MVP maybe but no one is taking away the fact that he's amazing still.

I wasn't a fan of July at all since I don't like Tastosis when it comes to BW pros playing(Nada, July, Boxer etc.) but I think he has more than proven himself lately. He has come a far way and has improved LOTS and shown that he practices a lot. Definitely one of the best Zergs in terms of micro/creative play and considering how good he was in BW there is no doubt he's better at macro than most Zergs as well.
Teael
Profile Joined February 2011
United States724 Posts
April 07 2011 13:02 GMT
#2108
On April 07 2011 21:52 dunc wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 21:47 Diaz wrote:
Only one from SlayerS clan? I thought SlayerS_MMA was going to make it to code S this GSL.


Pretty sure all the slayers that managed to get in Code A this season will make it to Code S!

Can't wait to see Code A for all the slayers member though, it's gonna be awesome.


I'd say they probably all deserve it, buuuuuut... with all the beasts in Code A, unfortunately at least some of them will have to be knocked out before Ro8 (I pity the poor guy who has to play MVP in the first round)
HQuality
Profile Joined October 2009
2682 Posts
April 07 2011 13:05 GMT
#2109
On April 07 2011 22:02 Teael wrote:
I'd say they probably all deserve it, buuuuuut... with all the beasts in Code A, unfortunately at least some of them will have to be knocked out before Ro8 (I pity the poor guy who has to play MVP in the first round)

hope noone from MVP, MMA and Bomber didn't face Ryung before ro8, becaaaause they will be out then probably : ((
No carpal tunnel no skill
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
April 07 2011 13:12 GMT
#2110
Is there a place where I can see the groups?
Currently in office, so I can't watch an hour long video. ^^
HQuality
Profile Joined October 2009
2682 Posts
April 07 2011 13:13 GMT
#2111
On April 07 2011 22:12 JustPassingBy wrote:
Is there a place where I can see the groups?
Currently in office, so I can't watch an hour long video. ^^

[image loading]
No carpal tunnel no skill
Tiax;mous
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
669 Posts
April 07 2011 13:14 GMT
#2112
On April 07 2011 22:05 HQuality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 22:02 Teael wrote:
I'd say they probably all deserve it, buuuuuut... with all the beasts in Code A, unfortunately at least some of them will have to be knocked out before Ro8 (I pity the poor guy who has to play MVP in the first round)

hope noone from MVP, MMA and Bomber didn't face Ryung before ro8, becaaaause they will be out then probably : ((


I highly doubt Ryung can take out any of those player but well , we'll see...
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
April 07 2011 13:20 GMT
#2113
On April 07 2011 22:01 s4life wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 21:54 sleepingdog wrote:
On April 07 2011 21:48 Rarak wrote:
On April 07 2011 21:33 sleepingdog wrote:
I think it's interesting how everyone believes July will go through without troubles......he got his behind handed to him in the earlier seasons and - honestly - only performed so well because he played aggressively while every zerg and their mother are playing defensive macro nowadays. To be honest I wouldn't be surprised at all if both Inca and HuK make it out. Rain is definitely not that good of a player, I have him as solid last place. And I think TheWind will make sure that Inca and HuK will be practicing hard against the unpredictable july-style-zerg. Once games follow a "standard"-path, I doubt that July will be able to pull out a victory.


Did you not see him in world show match? July is legit


I did.

But I also saw Fruitdealer, NesTea and MVP all dominate and....well....yeah, we all know where they are now. Maybe I'm wrong here, obviously that's just my opinion, but I think July will be figured out soon. Imo people give him way too much credit because of his BW history. Same as they did with Nada and Boxer. Imo July is exactly on their level, not worse but not better either.


July won a OSL in 2008.. Nada and Boxer were not even close at that time, they much older. Also, Nada and Boxer never advanced to a final. In fact, as of late I think they both are gonna drop games and leave code S/A in the next couple of seasons... July? he's gonna probably reach semis again. Who knows how long it will take to figure him out. heck none has figured out 10% of the game yet.. I doubt it's gonna happen soon enough.

To be fair, July only had to play ZvP which was his best MU by far. And the people he played against had PvZ as worst MU. I'm not saying he didn't deserve the OSL but he got lucky (which a champion needs from time to time).
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
April 07 2011 13:21 GMT
#2114
On April 07 2011 22:13 HQuality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 22:12 JustPassingBy wrote:
Is there a place where I can see the groups?
Currently in office, so I can't watch an hour long video. ^^

[image loading]


Thank you very much! Hm, the group looks very well balanced.
(or I might not recognize some super sick player since I haven't watched the GTSL)
Phaint
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada211 Posts
April 07 2011 13:26 GMT
#2115
On April 07 2011 22:13 HQuality wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 22:12 JustPassingBy wrote:
Is there a place where I can see the groups?
Currently in office, so I can't watch an hour long video. ^^

[image loading]


Thanks for doing this... Its beyond me that the OP was too lazy to actually take a picture or type it out and just link to a 2 hour video.

If you're going to be lazy don't OP a thread!
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-07 13:27:59
April 07 2011 13:27 GMT
#2116
On April 07 2011 22:02 Teael wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 07 2011 21:52 dunc wrote:
On April 07 2011 21:47 Diaz wrote:
Only one from SlayerS clan? I thought SlayerS_MMA was going to make it to code S this GSL.


Pretty sure all the slayers that managed to get in Code A this season will make it to Code S!

Can't wait to see Code A for all the slayers member though, it's gonna be awesome.


I'd say they probably all deserve it, buuuuuut... with all the beasts in Code A, unfortunately at least some of them will have to be knocked out before Ro8 (I pity the poor guy who has to play MVP in the first round)


I'm more worried about Bomber than MVP, I see slayers_mma/min/ryung beating mvp

we'll see though ;p don't want any of them to go out really, so many amazing players in code a this season


and yea aside from group D the groups are ok
iNbluE
Profile Joined January 2011
Switzerland674 Posts
April 07 2011 13:30 GMT
#2117
I fear the end of foreigners in code S
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Mattes
Profile Joined July 2010
Germany1116 Posts
April 07 2011 13:34 GMT
#2118
Predictions: (1st/2nd)

A: MC / SuperNoVa (dont see TheWind/Polt anywhere near those two)
B: Byun / TOP (well TvTs...)
C: LosirA / Genius (LosirA to destroy this group)
D: Alicia / MarineKing (Alicias PvT <3, plus i think MKP has an edge over NaDa)
E: NesTea / San (interesting to see how San manages to play without relying on HTs)
F: Lyn / Killer (i kinda lost faith in both zergs)
G: Anypro / Virus (hardest to predict imo)
H: July / InCa (do think that both July and InCa > HuK, Rain i dont even consider)
"Eyo lesson' here, Bey. You're comin' at the king, you best not miss."
iuvenalis
Profile Joined November 2007
Poland88 Posts
April 07 2011 13:43 GMT
#2119
Vod of the nominations anywhere near?
var username
Profile Joined February 2011
52 Posts
April 07 2011 13:51 GMT
#2120
My take? MC to get his wish of forcing his coach to go full-time. That'll be so funny... I wonder what MC will do this time other than the Zealot dancing and ceremonial Nexus.
Please adopt the party escort position.
Prev 1 104 105 106 107 108 110 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 193
ProTech135
Nina 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 202
Dewaltoss 120
Bale 36
ZergMaN 26
Noble 10
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 714
Other Games
summit1g11254
Sick232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2170
League of Legends
• Lourlo1165
• Rush1147
• Stunt155
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 8m
Replay Cast
17h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.