• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:54
CEST 02:54
KST 09:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8564 users

On a scale of 1-5, how much did you enjoy TSL5?

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
TL.net Bot
Profile Joined June 2004
TL.net140 Posts
June 09 2020 06:40 GMT
#1
BaneRiders
Profile Joined August 2013
Sweden3630 Posts
June 09 2020 13:51 GMT
#2
I liked the TSL 5 and I hope we see a TSL 6 soon enough! Not sure if having just 2 games on the final day was a good move though.
Earth, Water, Air and Protoss!
SC-Shield
Profile Joined December 2018
Bulgaria891 Posts
Last Edited: 2020-06-09 19:17:04
June 09 2020 19:15 GMT
#3
Well, there wasn't much hype like TSL 1 and 2 even though they were in BW. What TSL5 missed is rivalry and stories. I didn't follow all games, it's possible that I missed something but that's how I see it. I remember in TSL 1 or 2 NonY was saying that Draco's fans will belong to him if he wins, there was some tension between them. Also, Serral and Reynor were eliminated early which is unfortunate for some viewers. Hopefully TSL 6 is more interesting.
Mettis
Profile Joined June 2019
84 Posts
June 10 2020 00:50 GMT
#4
On June 10 2020 04:15 SC-Shield wrote:
Well, there wasn't much hype like TSL 1 and 2 even though they were in BW. What TSL5 missed is rivalry and stories. I didn't follow all games, it's possible that I missed something but that's how I see it. I remember in TSL 1 or 2 NonY was saying that Draco's fans will belong to him if he wins, there was some tension between them. Also, Serral and Reynor were eliminated early which is unfortunate for some viewers. Hopefully TSL 6 is more interesting.


I don't agree much, we had Serral vs Elazer which is a rivalry in itself. We then had a Reynor vs Serral arguably the hottest SC2 rivalry for the past 2 years. For story we had a TeamLiquid foreigner make a sick run and soO winning another tournament, beating the hottest Korean Terran right now in a game 7.
SamirDuran
Profile Joined May 2012
Philippines895 Posts
June 10 2020 05:49 GMT
#5
On June 10 2020 09:50 Mettis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2020 04:15 SC-Shield wrote:
Well, there wasn't much hype like TSL 1 and 2 even though they were in BW. What TSL5 missed is rivalry and stories. I didn't follow all games, it's possible that I missed something but that's how I see it. I remember in TSL 1 or 2 NonY was saying that Draco's fans will belong to him if he wins, there was some tension between them. Also, Serral and Reynor were eliminated early which is unfortunate for some viewers. Hopefully TSL 6 is more interesting.


I don't agree much, we had Serral vs Elazer which is a rivalry in itself. We then had a Reynor vs Serral arguably the hottest SC2 rivalry for the past 2 years. For story we had a TeamLiquid foreigner make a sick run and soO winning another tournament, beating the hottest Korean Terran right now in a game 7.


Also dont forget that soo vs innovation is a rivalry of the ages. Inno always has the upper hand when soo and him ran into finals. It was this tournament that soo finally triumphs against innovation on a premier stage and soo has only 4 months remaining on this scene..
Don't practice until you can get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong.
niliustv
Profile Joined July 2018
1 Post
June 10 2020 08:17 GMT
#6
Well characters these days arent as edgy as they were back in 2011. You are missing an Idra or a Naniwa in this day and age. The one that gets closest to this is parting and probably heromarine. Everyone else is just always nice and cool. A little more drama is what sc2 in its whole could use a bit more of. And not the kind of drama that reddit mods do what they want.

Remember the good old TL vs EG rivalrys? Or even more specific Idra vs Huk?

You dont get moments like this though without the personalitys backing them up.

THats not TSLs fault. It was an awesome tournament. The downtime was as low as possible. No Productionissues. Cool Animations, Music in between Games and the "TSL Soundboard" is something legendary (yaaaaaay!).


Also the ting call in was a very nice idea. Only that i think it got used to few times.

+ DAY9 was there - even though you could hear that he is obviously not up to date with any kind of meta it was still awesome to see him back.

All in all - i loved tsl5 and was watching every single game of it. Hope for a new edition soon - maybe with some more HomeStory Cup elements, like videos in between or so.
Shyknee
Profile Joined July 2019
3 Posts
June 10 2020 13:00 GMT
#7
I love the art work that went into it...I could see that there was a effort made.
Ej_
Profile Blog Joined January 2013
47656 Posts
June 11 2020 09:05 GMT
#8
On June 10 2020 14:49 SamirDuran wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 10 2020 09:50 Mettis wrote:
On June 10 2020 04:15 SC-Shield wrote:
Well, there wasn't much hype like TSL 1 and 2 even though they were in BW. What TSL5 missed is rivalry and stories. I didn't follow all games, it's possible that I missed something but that's how I see it. I remember in TSL 1 or 2 NonY was saying that Draco's fans will belong to him if he wins, there was some tension between them. Also, Serral and Reynor were eliminated early which is unfortunate for some viewers. Hopefully TSL 6 is more interesting.


I don't agree much, we had Serral vs Elazer which is a rivalry in itself. We then had a Reynor vs Serral arguably the hottest SC2 rivalry for the past 2 years. For story we had a TeamLiquid foreigner make a sick run and soO winning another tournament, beating the hottest Korean Terran right now in a game 7.


Also dont forget that soo vs innovation is a rivalry of the ages. Inno always has the upper hand when soo and him ran into finals. It was this tournament that soo finally triumphs against innovation on a premier stage and soo has only 4 months remaining on this scene..

Premier lol
"Technically the dictionary has zero authority on the meaning or words" - Rodya
fplfpl
Profile Joined June 2020
2 Posts
June 11 2020 13:26 GMT
#9
The Rotterdam/ZombieGrub duo was not a good duo ; and having this duo for the final day was really disappointing to me.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
June 11 2020 20:29 GMT
#10
Would've loved some more player interviews, but I enjoyed it a ton!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
RandomPlayer
Profile Joined April 2012
Russian Federation400 Posts
June 12 2020 07:40 GMT
#11
On June 11 2020 22:26 fplfpl wrote:
The Rotterdam/ZombieGrub duo was not a good duo ; and having this duo for the final day was really disappointing to me.


I agree, I'm not a fan of her casting coz she's overconfident and tries to be right no matter what. Also, the music was awkward and not fitting. Rest of the casting and the games were great, so it was enjoyable (voted as 4).
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
June 13 2020 00:10 GMT
#12
serral losing early killed this tournament for me. just made for koreans dominating.
soO winning also doesn't feel right. honestly, took away a lot from it to me. made it feel like a weekly cup to me :/
didn't even care to watch most games anymore. voted 3
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
DivinesiaTV
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland58 Posts
June 13 2020 19:38 GMT
#13
I have to say also that overconfident Zombiegrub casting made this feel more a weekly tournament. Day9 being back though and finding some chemistry with Rottie was awesome!
Always look at the bright side of life
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
June 13 2020 23:48 GMT
#14
Hmm... I love Day[9] but he felt really out of place. He kept saying very obvious and generic things, really shows how he doesn't follow Starcraft like he once did.

I did enjoy Zombiegrub and Rottie though.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
June 15 2020 08:26 GMT
#15
On June 14 2020 04:38 DivinesiaTV wrote:
Day9 being back though and finding some chemistry with Rottie was awesome!


I also really enjoyed this.

Honestly I was fine with ZombieGrub's casting too, but I was really REALY hoping for Day9 and Rotti to do the finals. Also I too was disappointed by having multiple games on the final day. I think the previous style of building up the hype for that final game made it more exciting.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
[PkF] Wire
Profile Joined March 2013
France24239 Posts
June 16 2020 14:35 GMT
#16
definitely a very good tourney and pleasantly surprised by how sharp Day9 commentary looked, I hope we get to see him again in the near future. I gave a 4/5 because this format is not my favorite and I found the music atrocious - I know there are people who absolutely loved it, but I definitely wasn't one of them ^^
nerdchill
Profile Joined May 2019
16 Posts
June 17 2020 14:47 GMT
#17
I feel TSL5 had a great start and I really enjoyed the group stages,
(including rotti and day9s excellent commentray)
but it became much less fun to watch towards the end.
The quality of games just wasn't compared to something like stay at homestory cup (1 & 2)
vyzion
Profile Joined August 2016
308 Posts
June 17 2020 15:32 GMT
#18
I loved the art, the casting, the games, the music, day 9, etc. more games on last day and if only serral didn’t get knocked out so early
Calliope
Profile Joined July 2018
297 Posts
June 17 2020 23:00 GMT
#19
I really enjoyed the tournament
Clément 화이팅
stardog
Profile Joined August 2011
556 Posts
June 19 2020 14:01 GMT
#20
There are countless online tournaments with decent prize pools these days so it was hard for TSL 5 to really stand out. It
actually took me a moment now to remember how this one went and who won it. Qualifiers went poorly and the fact that the foreigner trinity of hype (Serral, Clem, Reynor) ended up taking each other out was a bit anti-climatic.

I liked everything else. Many great games and stories, production, contests, uncompromisingly distinct flavor. And most importantly - a few weekends in a row full of high quality sc2. I would like to see TL writers showing up as experts but I understand that professional screen personalities were a safer choice.

And since some people raised this - ZG's casting was actually my favorite during this event. If anything, there were moments when the other casters seemed uncharacteristically tired and irritable to me.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings89
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE175
SpeCial 105
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever551
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift4526
Counter-Strike
taco 282
Other Games
summit1g7406
JimRising 457
C9.Mang0337
ToD91
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 113
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP77
• poizon28 40
• davetesta23
• Adnapsc2 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra785
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 6m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 6m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 6m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.