• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:43
CEST 00:43
KST 07:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War365.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7713 users

Do you plan on trying BW:Remastered when it comes out? - P…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
niteReloaded
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Croatia5282 Posts
June 20 2017 21:59 GMT
#41
Matchmaking will be the deciding factor for me.
In my world, it's a must buy.

Without MM, I'd maybe pass, but MM will actually take the frustration out of BW, that feeling of getting stomped for a while, until you can get an occasional win.
Nyarly
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1030 Posts
June 23 2017 08:26 GMT
#42
Do you plan on trying BW:Remastered when it comes out? :

Yes (4142) 63%
No (1217) 19%
Maybe (1190) 18%

I don't know, can you repeat the question?
SinO[Ob]
Profile Joined October 2010
France898 Posts
June 24 2017 22:28 GMT
#43
The campaign. THE campaign. THE CAMPAIGN. AGAIN. FOR THE 1000000TH time. Oh yeaaaa!
Stephano and Clem enjoyer
lastride
Profile Joined April 2014
2390 Posts
June 25 2017 19:41 GMT
#44
Is there really a question? hehe
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10093 Posts
June 28 2017 03:03 GMT
#45
ill play it w/ the old graphics xD
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
Ancestral
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
United States3230 Posts
June 28 2017 10:21 GMT
#46
Would have hoped to have seen Linux support, but since I think their target market is SK, that's too much to ask. More and more big titles coming out for Linux but Blizzard nowhere to be seen.
The Nature and purpose of the martial way are universal; all selfish desires must be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training. - Masutatsu Oyama
Corvuuss
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
Austria354 Posts
June 28 2017 13:34 GMT
#47
On June 28 2017 19:21 Ancestral wrote:
Would have hoped to have seen Linux support, but since I think their target market is SK, that's too much to ask. More and more big titles coming out for Linux but Blizzard nowhere to be seen.


As blizzard is a company my reason for this would be: Too much work for not enough return
I am a slave of Golden from now on. Obey a supreme leader of StarCraft 2 or you get banned. I am really glad to be citizen of Democratic republic of Golden.
Clbull
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1439 Posts
June 28 2017 17:46 GMT
#48
Given the fact that we'll be getting an official ladder and not have to rely on iCCup and Fish, the answer is a resounding 'Yes' from me.
Popparockz
Profile Joined April 2011
United States40 Posts
July 01 2017 18:52 GMT
#49
On May 06 2017 18:45 Creager wrote:
I'm down, but if they somehow decide to charge more than 20 bucks for this I'm not gonna buy it (ok, who am I kidding, I probably still would at some point, but not without swaying fists accompanied by lots of hate).


It is 15 dollars.
ShuriKn
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada20 Posts
July 02 2017 03:46 GMT
#50
it's about time!

On June 28 2017 12:03 TT1 wrote:
ill play it w/ the old graphics xD


do you dislike the new graphics or prefer the classic one?
Quand tu allais on revenais.
TT1
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada10093 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-07-02 04:05:20
July 02 2017 03:53 GMT
#51
On July 02 2017 12:46 ShuriKn wrote:
it's about time!

Show nested quote +
On June 28 2017 12:03 TT1 wrote:
ill play it w/ the old graphics xD


do you dislike the new graphics or prefer the classic one?


prefer the classic one, ill try the new graphics out of curiosity but i'd rather play on 4:3 anyways. better minimap positioning and mouse movement (even tho i know widescreen has more map vision).
ab = tl(i) + tl(pc), the grand answer to every tl.net debate
KungKras
Profile Joined August 2008
Sweden484 Posts
July 03 2017 11:16 GMT
#52
Already pre purchased.
"When life gives me lemons, I go look for oranges"
pzea469
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States1520 Posts
July 03 2017 12:27 GMT
#53
I'll probably buy it and play the campaign. I'm excited to relive it and see a bit of the hype from it but I'm not too excited about it. I was excited when I heard custom hotkeys was making it in and thought maybe more things would follow. As it stands I don't see it being anything other than a graphics upgrade for whatever BW scene is already there.

There is nothing about this that aims to attract new players. Same limited mechanics from BW that will scare away any new kid who gives it a try. Like many, I used to think those limitations were what made the game what it was, but I now believe it is really just holding it back.
Kill the Deathball
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
July 09 2017 09:26 GMT
#54
On June 21 2017 06:59 niteReloaded wrote:
Matchmaking will be the deciding factor for me.
In my world, it's a must buy.

Without MM, I'd maybe pass, but MM will actually take the frustration out of BW, that feeling of getting stomped for a while, until you can get an occasional win.


Yeah that is 100% the only reason I will buy as well.
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
iopq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1184 Posts
July 17 2017 10:11 GMT
#55
You guys should try Fish ladder. It's active and has reasonable ranks.
Yiome
Profile Joined February 2014
China1687 Posts
July 21 2017 08:05 GMT
#56
Won't but it immediately because lack of time to play it atm
Would probably pick it up later (on a sale maybe) for the campaign
KameZerg
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Sweden1776 Posts
July 22 2017 13:32 GMT
#57
On April 29 2017 07:35 ninazerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2017 06:08 conTAgi0n wrote:
On April 28 2017 16:25 ninazerg wrote:
Nope.

Glad it's generating excitement, but it's just really Blizzard going, "Oh, this game is still really popular in Korea? I bet we can make some good money if we get Jaedong, Flash, Bisu, and Stork to play this." If you think I'm just being cynical, I think the stream-watching numbers are telling: thousands of concurrent viewers for StarCraft: Brood War. Sometimes they just watch progamers eating noodles. That huge rebirth of mass viewership is the reason Afreeca was able to host professional-level StarLeagues. And all of this was BEFORE Blizzard decided to make a move.

I would expect less than one million buys in North America. Europe will probably be a bigger market.

Pls no hate

Edit: I'm not telling anyone not to buy it or enjoy it. Before you... you people... say I'm saying that.

I'm also not saying that you should feel differently or that you should change your mind... but I don't understand what Blizzard being motivated by profit has to do with whether you want to try SC:R or not. Of course Blizzard is just doing it for the money; why else would a corporation do anything? They were in it for the money when they made the original SC too, but we still play that.

It would more make sense to me if you said that you weren't interested because you don't like some design decision, or that the HD graphics don't appeal to you, or that you thought there was some more malicious motive associated with their decision. But I'm not sure what a company being motivated by profit has to do with wanting to try their product. Again, I'm not trying to challenge you on this or anything, I am just struggling to understand where you are coming from.


Couple of things:

First, StarCraft is already playable, so why would I play money to play a game that I can already play? Sure, the graphics are re-done, but it's the same game overall. I've always liked the StarCraft: Brood War graphics, so while I'm not against updating the graphics, I'd be fine without that.

Second, Blizzard, as of late, has had a track record of releasing incomplete or buggy products. Or D3. Just for the 1.18 patch, they had a myriad of problems in the test realm, and that version was patched several times and the thing still needs fixing. I would be hesitant to purchase a product from a company that has a reputation for doing shoddy work.


I agree, SC:R is literally worse than 1.16
asdasdasdasdasd123123123
QueenOfLegion
Profile Joined May 2013
Malaysia15 Posts
August 03 2017 10:54 GMT
#58
im playing game just for enjoy myself..
Enjoy try another game. More than you used drugs.
WeddingEpisode
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States356 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-08-06 20:11:56
August 06 2017 19:59 GMT
#59
Yes


Still diamond
pebble444
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Italy2503 Posts
August 10 2017 00:10 GMT
#60
Nina is my co pilot
"Awaken my Child, and embrace the Glory that is your Birthright"
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 17m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 163
ProTech133
ViBE93
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12750
910 80
NaDa 17
Dota 2
monkeys_forever355
canceldota135
League of Legends
Doublelift4421
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4365
Other Games
summit1g4654
C9.Mang0330
JimRising 286
Liquid`Hasu265
ToD196
JuggernautJason31
PPMD29
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 84
• musti20045 38
• poizon28 37
• RyuSc2 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21588
League of Legends
• Scarra978
Other Games
• imaqtpie1042
• Shiphtur603
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
OSC
17m
Big Brain Bouts
11h 17m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
18h 17m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
20h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 11h
Patches Events
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.