• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:44
CEST 03:44
KST 10:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9321 users

Power Rank 01/01/2011 - Page 21

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 56 Next
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 12 2011 21:50 GMT
#401
Now take a look at his records vs them in BoX's.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 12 2011 22:06 GMT
#402
On January 13 2011 06:32 Goragoth wrote:
Fun fact: after his loss to (P)Stork last night (Z)Jaedong is now 0-6 against (P)Stork in team leagues. That's right, he's never beaten (P)Stork in PL ever. He's also 1-7 against (P)Bisu in team leagues, with a lone PL win on Destination in '08.


Yeah I find that weird how Jaedong never beats them (when I watch) in proleague but he'll beat them in a bo5 or something. Jaedongs weird like that I guess :D
When I think of something else, something will go here
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 12 2011 22:20 GMT
#403
I think it's such a shame that Flash is knocked out of all individual leagues, not just because I'm a big fan of him, but imagine a Bo5 between a Stork who's in the form of his life vs God. I know everyone's tired of Flash's dominance and all, but that could've been soooooo good.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 13 2011 00:36 GMT
#404
On January 13 2011 07:20 Holgerius wrote:
I think it's such a shame that Flash is knocked out of all individual leagues, not just because I'm a big fan of him, but imagine a Bo5 between a Stork who's in the form of his life vs God. I know everyone's tired of Flash's dominance and all, but that could've been soooooo good.

I'd rather see Fantasy play because Flash has won too many titles.
And there's always a chance we'll see a repeat of their last final. Flash sometimes has his 'timing attack' days.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
January 13 2011 00:41 GMT
#405
Although a Bo5 vs stork and flash would be much easier for the PR writer.
Usually Flash's Bo5 vs protoss are really onesided, but if anyone can put up a fight it's stork when he's on fire, too bad we won't see it.

I've always enjoyed fantasys Bo5's though.

According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-13 00:49:38
January 13 2011 00:48 GMT
#406
Fantasy vs Stork would be great as well of course, but Flash vs Stork could've been fucking amazing. Best TvP'er of all time vs the best PvT'er of all time.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, has Flash lost a Bo5 vs any Toss since the one vs Stork back in '07?
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
January 13 2011 04:29 GMT
#407
On January 13 2011 04:56 Crisium wrote:
Ha, it's far too early to be calling spots for next PR. There's no reason Flash won't go up if he continues to dominate Winner's League. But we cannot place him in an exact spot yet - there are many games yet to come for everyone.

The return of Fantasy next month is assured though. Hi exclusion is still my biggest disappointment for this PR.

Someone linked to an old Flash thread from 2007. How about an old Stork?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=56666

Should put a smile on your face. Stork had to wait a while more but did win a gold in November 2008. And now he stands a serious chance of getting one or even two more soon.


I like Fantasy, but he was god awful last month. I've said this repeatedly and I'll say it again: something spooked him. He went from playing the best Starcraft of his career to struggling, dropping 100 ELO points along the way. This is one of those cases where the PR writer has to make a difficult choice: do I keep one of the most talented players in SC who is probably just going through a rough spot in the PR, or do I boot him for other players who are playing better Starcraft and producing better results? IMO, the correct choice was made.

This month he seems to be back. With a vengeance.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
January 13 2011 04:31 GMT
#408
On January 13 2011 09:48 Holgerius wrote:
Fantasy vs Stork would be great as well of course, but Flash vs Stork could've been fucking amazing. Best TvP'er of all time vs the best PvT'er of all time.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, has Flash lost a Bo5 vs any Toss since the one vs Stork back in '07?


Seconds best TvPer.

St.Eagle. Too bad nobody remembers him anymore. He fucking invented TvP.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 13 2011 06:11 GMT
#409
On January 13 2011 09:48 Holgerius wrote:
Fantasy vs Stork would be great as well of course, but Flash vs Stork could've been fucking amazing. Best TvP'er of all time vs the best PvT'er of all time.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, has Flash lost a Bo5 vs any Toss since the one vs Stork back in '07?


I remember Bisu beating Flash multiples times in BoX series. This was during the days when Flash was basically auto-loss to every top protoss he faced. Before Forgg went to KT and told Flash the concept of timing-attack. Come to think of it, I think ForGG deserves quite a bit of credit for making Flash the well-rounded monster of a player he is today.

Anyway, it's definitely sad that Flash and Stork hasn't had a chance to renew their rivalry since the Bacchus OSL. Flash whipping the likes of Kal/Movie/Free/etc. while Stork beat on Fantasy/Sea/Mind/etc. just don't have the feeling of epicness.
Meh
SimonB
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1088 Posts
January 13 2011 07:00 GMT
#410
Considering ForGG's weak matchup for 2+ years has been vP, I think that's pretty tenuous.

Flash went through a period where he had a losing record versus the dragons, but he was never even close to an auto-loss, and because every other terran including Fantasy was experiencing the same thing, he was probably still the best TvP player during that period! (Crazy that even during his bad streaks, he's still the best terran.) It wasn't even that many games, but because he didn't play P that often over several months, and when he faced a dragon, he tended to lose, so people remember that as him being bad in the matchup.
SimonB
Profile Joined September 2008
United States1088 Posts
January 13 2011 07:04 GMT
#411
This is the period we're talking about.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=korean&type=players&id=424&part=games&vs=P&league=standard&map=any&from_year=2009&from_month=5&from_day=18&to_year=2009&to_month=12&to_day=2&action=Update

Not too bad, really, when you consider that is an entirely cherry-picked span of games and there were a lot of good players in there spread out over 7 months.
nodule
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada931 Posts
January 13 2011 07:36 GMT
#412
Don't be silly. Flash did timing attacks before ForGG went to KT. It is true that he went through a period of trying to win only through 'management' games.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 13 2011 07:50 GMT
#413
On January 13 2011 15:11 baubo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2011 09:48 Holgerius wrote:
Fantasy vs Stork would be great as well of course, but Flash vs Stork could've been fucking amazing. Best TvP'er of all time vs the best PvT'er of all time.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, has Flash lost a Bo5 vs any Toss since the one vs Stork back in '07?


I remember Bisu beating Flash multiples times in BoX series.

Don't think any of those were Bo5s though.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
January 13 2011 08:16 GMT
#414
On January 13 2011 16:04 SimonB wrote:
This is the period we're talking about.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=korean&type=players&id=424&part=games&vs=P&league=standard&map=any&from_year=2009&from_month=5&from_day=18&to_year=2009&to_month=12&to_day=2&action=Update

Not too bad, really, when you consider that is an entirely cherry-picked span of games and there were a lot of good players in there spread out over 7 months.

Seven months? No. Nine-to-ten months.

Between defeating Kal on February 11th, 2009 and defeating Best on December 31st, 2009, Flash played against every Dragon except Free (even counting Much & Backho) and lost to all of them in every match, with the sole exception of a 1-2 Bo3 against Bisu. Flash's TvP Dragon-Loss Period.

Fantasy's TvP was quite successful during this time period, even against Dragons.

But folks weren't too worried about Flash past ~October 2009, since Flash was dominating TvT and TvZ. The serious 'Flash slump' was prior to the summer recess, when Flash had a months-long period of losing reliably to EVERY top 7 PvT player he played and EVERY top 7 ZvT player he played, resulting in Kwanro making a Starleague final. (Fantasy was very strong at the time even against top Zerg/Protoss.) Flash maintained a strong win percentage over a lot of games through solid TvT and defeating lesser Zerg/Protoss players very reliably.

Then Flash went Super Saiyan, won nearly everything for three seasons, and was crowned as a bonjwa. So any fears for his future are premature at best.
My strategy is to fork people.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 13 2011 09:13 GMT
#415
On January 13 2011 16:00 SimonB wrote:
Considering ForGG's weak matchup for 2+ years has been vP, I think that's pretty tenuous.


I'm not sure how that changes the fact that ForGG is one of the best terrans when it comes to attack timings. Just like Kwanro's weak overall game change the fact that he does some of the most awesome all-in builds ever.

On January 13 2011 16:36 nodule wrote:
Don't be silly. Flash did timing attacks before ForGG went to KT. It is true that he went through a period of trying to win only through 'management' games.


Flash never was a timing attack person before ForGG. When he first got onto the scene, he CHEESED a lot. Cheese and understanding of timing are two different things. You can debate how much of an influence forgg was, but not the fact that Flash had a great sense of timing before his "management phase". Flash's seemingly map-hack sense of timing did not exist even when he beat the crap out of Stork back in 08.
Meh
nodule
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada931 Posts
January 13 2011 09:58 GMT
#416
You're right that Flash hadn't yet developed his ultra-precise early game timing attacks. It's going too far to say that he didn't have a great sense of timing, however. The TvP Flash Build is essentially a 3-base timing attack with +2/+1.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 13 2011 10:34 GMT
#417
Both game 1 and 3 in the OSL win vs Stork were 2 base pushes. Game 3 was a perfect 5 Fac timing push iirc.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Fenrax
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States5018 Posts
January 13 2011 11:13 GMT
#418
#1 this month proves himself
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 13 2011 11:15 GMT
#419
SONG BYUNG GOO! SONG BYUNG GOO! SONG BYUNG GOO!

:D

That was so dominant. He's gonna get those dual silvers this season. ^__^
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 13 2011 11:15 GMT
#420
TIME TO DROP BISU TO 5
Writer
Prev 1 19 20 21 22 23 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1976
GuemChi 1590
Artosis 671
910 68
Bale 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm146
Counter-Strike
taco 418
minikerr21
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox450
Other Games
summit1g8367
Doublelift2007
JimRising 514
C9.Mang0352
Day[9].tv333
PiGStarcraft287
Maynarde132
CosmosSc2 24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick955
BasetradeTV167
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream20
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP99
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv333
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 16m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
9h 16m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
22h 16m
Patches Events
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.