• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:03
CEST 10:03
KST 17:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Dating: How's your luck? Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8271 users

Power Rank 01/01/2011 - Page 20

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 56 Next
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 11 2011 22:56 GMT
#381
On January 12 2011 07:53 ]343[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2011 21:02 Lightwip wrote:
On January 11 2011 21:00 Elroi wrote:
On January 11 2011 20:57 ReaperX wrote:
(Z)Just learned from (Z)Artosis (T)BoxeR once (T)SaiD (P)Stork would be a (P)beast. The emperor (T)Really is the emperor!

I thought he predicted that Bisu would be the next top player.

It was definitely Stork, Sea for terran.
But I don't think Bisu was a top player back then.


pretty sure he said Canata for terran....

I'm quite sure it was Sea. I'll look for it later, but I'm sure it's Sea.
Not sure who he said for Zerg though.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
baubo
Profile Joined September 2008
China3370 Posts
January 12 2011 01:12 GMT
#382
On January 11 2011 23:08 mnesthes wrote:
iirc Stork's reputation dates back to 2005(can anyone verify this?) or 2006 where he was among the Neo Protoss Kings (Anytime, Pusan, Stork)


Stork's coming out party.

http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/games/559_GoRush_vs_Stork
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=36126
Meh
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 12 2011 06:24 GMT
#383
Stork is going nowhere, he's totally defending his #1 spot.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
FakePlasticLove
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States357 Posts
January 12 2011 06:28 GMT
#384
Lee Ssang Taek Bang for Top 4 ?
All walls are great if the roof doesn't fall
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 12 2011 06:29 GMT
#385
On January 12 2011 15:28 FakePlasticLove wrote:
Lee Ssang Taek Bang for Top 4 ?

I might consider dropping JD a bit further because he's reminding me of 09 Flash right now.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Severedevil
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States4839 Posts
January 12 2011 06:42 GMT
#386
On January 12 2011 15:29 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 15:28 FakePlasticLove wrote:
Lee Ssang Taek Bang for Top 4 ?

I might consider dropping JD a bit further because he's reminding me of 09 Flash right now.

As long as Jaedong is putting up in Proleague/Winner's League, and is still in at least one league, I'm not worried.
My strategy is to fork people.
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 12 2011 06:43 GMT
#387
On January 12 2011 15:42 Severedevil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 15:29 Lightwip wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:28 FakePlasticLove wrote:
Lee Ssang Taek Bang for Top 4 ?

I might consider dropping JD a bit further because he's reminding me of 09 Flash right now.

As long as Jaedong is putting up in Proleague/Winner's League, and is still in at least one league, I'm not worried.

At this rate, he isn't going to be putting up in WL at all. No wins against strong players yet.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
]343[
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States10328 Posts
January 12 2011 06:46 GMT
#388
On January 12 2011 15:43 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 15:42 Severedevil wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:29 Lightwip wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:28 FakePlasticLove wrote:
Lee Ssang Taek Bang for Top 4 ?

I might consider dropping JD a bit further because he's reminding me of 09 Flash right now.

As long as Jaedong is putting up in Proleague/Winner's League, and is still in at least one league, I'm not worried.

At this rate, he isn't going to be putting up in WL at all. No wins against strong players yet.


2 matches isn't really very much lol.
Writer
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 06:49:45
January 12 2011 06:49 GMT
#389
On January 12 2011 15:46 ]343[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 15:43 Lightwip wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:42 Severedevil wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:29 Lightwip wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:28 FakePlasticLove wrote:
Lee Ssang Taek Bang for Top 4 ?

I might consider dropping JD a bit further because he's reminding me of 09 Flash right now.

As long as Jaedong is putting up in Proleague/Winner's League, and is still in at least one league, I'm not worried.

At this rate, he isn't going to be putting up in WL at all. No wins against strong players yet.


2 matches isn't really very much lol.

If the fact that he lost to Lightx2, Bisu, Hydra, Zero, and Storkx2, and the fact that good players play each other more often in WL is any indication, Jaedong isn't likely to deliver if something doesn't change.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 08:21:49
January 12 2011 08:08 GMT
#390
On January 12 2011 15:49 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 15:46 ]343[ wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:43 Lightwip wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:42 Severedevil wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:29 Lightwip wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:28 FakePlasticLove wrote:
Lee Ssang Taek Bang for Top 4 ?

I might consider dropping JD a bit further because he's reminding me of 09 Flash right now.

As long as Jaedong is putting up in Proleague/Winner's League, and is still in at least one league, I'm not worried.

At this rate, he isn't going to be putting up in WL at all. No wins against strong players yet.


2 matches isn't really very much lol.

If the fact that he lost to Lightx2, Bisu, Hydra, Zero, and Storkx2, and the fact that good players play each other more often in WL is any indication, Jaedong isn't likely to deliver if something doesn't change.


Your sample size is a 3-kill and one loss against the currently best or 2nd best player in the world. Plus, Midas is not going to beat Jaedong. Jaedong is already in fourth place, where do you wanna drop him? Even if you put Flash above him again, Kal is going to drop down anyway, and your precious Bisu may have an all-kill under his belt, but may very soon be very league-less (that's probably not a word), so he is not locked for a high position either. From 6-10, only Calm would be any reasonable to be ahead of Jaedong, and for that he would have to win quite a lot.

"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
RetoX
Profile Joined October 2010
Hong Kong252 Posts
January 12 2011 13:06 GMT
#391
Protoss back in buisness.
Twitter : http://bit.ly/twitt-RetoX ♦ facebook http://on.fb.me/RetoX ♦
Lightwip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5497 Posts
January 12 2011 13:33 GMT
#392
On January 12 2011 17:08 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 15:49 Lightwip wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:46 ]343[ wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:43 Lightwip wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:42 Severedevil wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:29 Lightwip wrote:
On January 12 2011 15:28 FakePlasticLove wrote:
Lee Ssang Taek Bang for Top 4 ?

I might consider dropping JD a bit further because he's reminding me of 09 Flash right now.

As long as Jaedong is putting up in Proleague/Winner's League, and is still in at least one league, I'm not worried.

At this rate, he isn't going to be putting up in WL at all. No wins against strong players yet.


2 matches isn't really very much lol.

If the fact that he lost to Lightx2, Bisu, Hydra, Zero, and Storkx2, and the fact that good players play each other more often in WL is any indication, Jaedong isn't likely to deliver if something doesn't change.


Your sample size is a 3-kill and one loss against the currently best or 2nd best player in the world. Plus, Midas is not going to beat Jaedong. Jaedong is already in fourth place, where do you wanna drop him? Even if you put Flash above him again, Kal is going to drop down anyway, and your precious Bisu may have an all-kill under his belt, but may very soon be very league-less (that's probably not a word), so he is not locked for a high position either. From 6-10, only Calm would be any reasonable to be ahead of Jaedong, and for that he would have to win quite a lot.


#5 is the only reasonable place for JD, maybe #4 depending on Kal's performace.
During this month that's it, but when JD hasn't won any games against good players yet and lost to some mediocre players too(Hogil mostly), I don't think there's much doubt that he's doing worse than the rest of TBLS.
Bisu's place really depends on how much he does in WL, where Stork will be placed, and whether or not he wins against Stork. In any case, he probably won't drop under JD, because he's been looking better than JD in recent times.
If you are not Bisu, chances are I hate you.
Mortality
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
United States4790 Posts
January 12 2011 14:24 GMT
#393
It was somewhere around early 2005 that Boxer identified Stork as a future giant. Back then Stork was good, but nowhere near as good as Reach, Nal_Ra, Kingdom, or even his contemporaries Anytime and Pusan. He came a long way since then. If he can keep his current momentum, then I cannot see him as anything besides #1 on the next PR.

...And I don't see a reason to drop JD out of the top 4 just yet given that Kal was given the benefit of the doubt for making it through when it counted most and isn't doing that now.
Even though this Proleague bullshit has been completely bogus, I really, really, really do not see how Khan can lose this. I swear I will kill myself if they do. - nesix before KHAN lost to eNature
Ozarugold
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
2716 Posts
January 12 2011 14:37 GMT
#394
I like Kal, but he has to win quite a bit to stay ahead of Jaedong for the next power rank. I mean although it's pretty early, Jaedong is 4-1 and Kal is 1-4 this month, and going back to two months Jaedong is 14-6 while Kal is 10-13. We can go back three months even and Jaedong still has a better score at 20-8 vs 19-16. Both are in the MSL so that kind of breaks even. And I guess it's true that I'm not taking into account the the opponent's matchup skill level, map imbalances, and whatnot but I still cant see Kal above Jaedong.

But what do I know, right? I'm just a lowly spectator~

Bisu is a maybe though. I think whether or not he is above Jaedong should be determined at the end of the month.
this is my quote.
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
January 12 2011 15:07 GMT
#395
On January 12 2011 07:56 Lightwip wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2011 07:53 ]343[ wrote:
On January 11 2011 21:02 Lightwip wrote:
On January 11 2011 21:00 Elroi wrote:
On January 11 2011 20:57 ReaperX wrote:
(Z)Just learned from (Z)Artosis (T)BoxeR once (T)SaiD (P)Stork would be a (P)beast. The emperor (T)Really is the emperor!

I thought he predicted that Bisu would be the next top player.

It was definitely Stork, Sea for terran.
But I don't think Bisu was a top player back then.


pretty sure he said Canata for terran....

I'm quite sure it was Sea. I'll look for it later, but I'm sure it's Sea.
Not sure who he said for Zerg though.


I think it was Sea. I'm not sure if I have my time frames right, but did Boxer say Savior would be the next best Zerg? Also, I'm fairly certain that Hoony was sharing the "up and coming" title with Stork around 2005.
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
night terrors
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
China1284 Posts
January 12 2011 16:00 GMT
#396
#3 is as down as i'd be willing to place Bisu, with Flash and Stork over him. If he gets #1 depends on his msl performance and Flash's performance on WL.
Through high and low, bisu boy, through high and low.
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 12 2011 19:04 GMT
#397
Stork and Bisu are 26-6 vs Zerg (including 3-0 vs JD) since the beginning of this season. :D How awesome is that? ^__^
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Crisium
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1618 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 20:00:23
January 12 2011 19:56 GMT
#398
Ha, it's far too early to be calling spots for next PR. There's no reason Flash won't go up if he continues to dominate Winner's League. But we cannot place him in an exact spot yet - there are many games yet to come for everyone.

The return of Fantasy next month is assured though. Hi exclusion is still my biggest disappointment for this PR.

Someone linked to an old Flash thread from 2007. How about an old Stork?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=56666

Should put a smile on your face. Stork had to wait a while more but did win a gold in November 2008. And now he stands a serious chance of getting one or even two more soon.
Broodwar and Stork forever! List of BW players with most Ro16, Ro8: http://tinyurl.com/BWRo16-Ro8
Goragoth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
New Zealand1065 Posts
January 12 2011 21:32 GMT
#399
Fun fact: after his loss to (P)Stork last night (Z)Jaedong is now 0-6 against (P)Stork in team leagues. That's right, he's never beaten (P)Stork in PL ever. He's also 1-7 against (P)Bisu in team leagues, with a lone PL win on Destination in '08.
Creator of LoLTool.
pvzvt
Profile Joined October 2009
Israel2097 Posts
January 12 2011 21:47 GMT
#400
i rem that game first game to use mutas to snipe the templars back than
very fun match .... in that day he took fantasy with ensnare !

i say we dust off and nuke it from orbit
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 56 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 576
Hyun 45
NotJumperer 43
Killer 36
Bale 33
scan(afreeca) 21
ajuk12(nOOB) 16
Larva 15
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto139
League of Legends
JimRising 477
Counter-Strike
ceh9539
edward125
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King82
Other Games
summit1g8351
Coldzera 710
olofmeister670
Happy264
Sick161
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2291
League of Legends
• Jankos846
• Stunt369
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
1h 57m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2h 57m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
15h 57m
Patches Events
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.