• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:40
CEST 11:40
KST 18:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8368 users

How long should we wait before assuming we aren't spoiling…

Forum Index > Polls & Liquibet
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Mikilatov
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States3897 Posts
February 08 2010 22:56 GMT
#41
I'd say 2 days. News is news and if you wait to long it's history. I missed the first set on Sunday, but downloaded it Sunday night and watched it on Monday morning. I feel that anyone who would really care enormously about spoilers would find a way to watch them within 48 hours. If you haven't watched a set of games within 48 hours, you should probably expect to get spoiled somewhere. Hell, if I miss anything by 5 minutes I try to stay off of TL so I don't get spoiled somewhere.
♥ I used to lasso the shit out of your tournaments =( ♥ | Much is my hero. | zizi yO~ | Be Nice, TL.
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
February 08 2010 23:04 GMT
#42
I'd say 2-3 days. voted 3
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
February 08 2010 23:05 GMT
#43
3 days for me.
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
February 08 2010 23:22 GMT
#44
I had an explanation for 2 days but now I realize it doesn't make any sense.
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
seRapH
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States9827 Posts
February 08 2010 23:24 GMT
#45
i wasn't upset, but then again only one match was spoiled for me. i personally, however, don't think that anything should be spoiled that badly so soon.
boomer hands
Klapdout
Profile Joined August 2007
United States282 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-08 23:27:56
February 08 2010 23:27 GMT
#46
I D/L the vods as soon as they come out and just don't visit TL until I watch them, I recommend that to anyone who can't view them immediately, and care about being spoiled.

As for my opinion on spoilers, I think 4 days minimum, which would be midweek after the casts.

I have a lot of things to do on the weekend, and TSL casts take up a lot of time, its just not viable for me to watch live. I don't want to catch a game here or there, I want to really enjoy the event and wait until I have time to watch a full set at a time. It takes me a few days to finish watching the games.
Iaaan
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada578 Posts
February 08 2010 23:36 GMT
#47
I think there should be spoiler alerts for at least 3 days afterwards. Spoilers are to be expected, but I think there should be warning for people who havent watched games.
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
February 08 2010 23:47 GMT
#48
At least 2 days after VODs are available, I would say. As much as I love Starcraft and would love to put everything else off to watch the latest games, sometimes I just can't.
Eatme
Profile Blog Joined June 2003
Switzerland3919 Posts
February 08 2010 23:55 GMT
#49
I have tried hard to get the no spoiler thing but I cant so I'd say 12hours. If you have not watched live you dont care enough and deserve to have the outcome spoiled. In other sports I like to know the results even if I was not able to watch the game/competition when it aired. It's one thing knowing who won and another thing knowing how he/she won it.
I have the best fucking lawyers in the country including the man they call the Malmis.
3clipse
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Canada2555 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-09 00:22:46
February 09 2010 00:22 GMT
#50
On February 09 2010 08:55 Eatme wrote:
If you have not watched live you dont care enough and deserve to have the outcome spoiled..

This is perhaps the most utterly retarded thing I have heard all week. Congratulations.

Some of us actually have obligations in the form of school or work which make watching live impossible.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
February 09 2010 00:32 GMT
#51
I'd say about a day. I've missed a bunch of matches due to life and weather (for instance...that same 50 feet of snow that buried intrigue), and had to watch them later.

Also, I missed the NATE MSL finals because I didn't feel like waking up at 4am or whatever, and before I could watch them, it was spoiled for me in a thread that had nothing to do with MSL at all (or even anything to do with Flash or Jaedong). That was annoying. So yeah, the argument "nyahhhhh just don't look at threads with 'TSL' in the topic" is crap.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Piste
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
6183 Posts
February 09 2010 00:55 GMT
#52
just dont release the results straight on the frontpage and everything is fine for release even before the live matches.
Mr.Ch4rms
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada84 Posts
February 09 2010 01:14 GMT
#53
for the people that are saying dont click on the TSL thread and you wont get spoiled, there was a poll with the results on the front page, you could be in the random funny pictures that make me laugh thread and get spoiled.

3 days would be nice, cause i usually dont have time on sat or sun to watch, usually have monday to spend watching replays and vods.


or just keep spoilers off the front page, then if i click on a page about something i dont want to be spoiled about, then its my own damn fault.
thats it stroke me clover
GaliKo
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada207 Posts
February 09 2010 01:14 GMT
#54
To be honest, it should be as long as it takes to get the VODs on youtube (or I guess torrentz are fine too) so that the people who couldn't watch it live are able to catch up.

Voted 24 hours
Jonoman92
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
United States9110 Posts
February 09 2010 01:15 GMT
#55
I said 3 days but 2 days is probably fine too. I don't think it should be any less though.
da_head
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Canada3350 Posts
February 09 2010 01:21 GMT
#56
1 day
When they see MC Probe, all the ladies disrobe.
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
February 09 2010 01:38 GMT
#57
1 Day should be fine imo.
We make signature, then defense it.
miseiler
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States1389 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-09 01:51:35
February 09 2010 01:48 GMT
#58
Where's the option for "immediately" ?

I feel like we have this argument all too often. It always degenerates into "DON'T CLICK LINKS ON TL IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED" vs whatever the other, irrelevant side might be.
"Jinro soo manly wearing only a T-Shirt while the Koreans freeze in their jackets" -- Double_O
"He's from Sweden, man. We have to fight polar bears on our way to school." -- Yusername
Mastermind
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada7096 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-09 02:00:34
February 09 2010 01:57 GMT
#59
2 days.

edit:
On February 09 2010 10:48 miseiler wrote:
Where's the option for "immediately" ?

I feel like we have this argument all too often. It always degenerates into "DON'T CLICK LINKS ON TL IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED" vs whatever the other, irrelevant side might be.

You are missing the entire point of the question. They are wondering how long until results dont need to be hidden behind spoiler tags or spoiler threads and can be placed in the open such as the front page or in any random thread.
Mora
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
Canada5235 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-09 03:36:54
February 09 2010 03:31 GMT
#60
i'm gonna be a giant douchebag and call you all fucking nerds

honestly, 1 day?

do you honestly get on your computer every fucking day?. holy fucking nerds.

i love starcraft and i love the TSL. I don't expect spoiler dates to accommodate people who are inactive or aren't terribly interested, but 1 day seems extreme to me.

Seriously, you go away with you girlfriend for a weekend of hot sex and you get back and deserve to have the tournament spoiled cause you didn't camp out your computer?

You work 2 days of overtime in a row and don't have time to go home, so you spend the night and deserve to have the TSL spoiled?

/endless examples.

2 days is ok. though i think 3 - 5 would be better (i realize this is going to the other extreme and accomodating the like 1% of people at tl.net who don't check it every day. So, 2 then?).

edit - fuck it. it should be like 5 days. hmph.
Happiness only real when shared.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2354
firebathero 2222
Bisu 614
Hyuk 408
BeSt 124
Larva 96
EffOrt 91
Killer 91
Sexy 90
Leta 89
[ Show more ]
Soma 84
Dewaltoss 81
ZerO 63
ToSsGirL 54
Light 45
soO 39
Yoon 35
Sharp 34
Aegong 29
Bale 22
Sacsri 19
Shinee 18
NaDa 15
sorry 15
Rush 14
Hm[arnc] 13
JulyZerg 12
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Fuzer 142
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1131
byalli815
kRYSTAL_24
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor962
crisheroes541
Other Games
gofns32083
singsing1534
olofmeister1016
ceh9662
Mew2King87
ArmadaUGS55
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream168
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2346
League of Legends
• Stunt463
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 20m
OSC
12h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.