• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:55
CEST 06:55
KST 13:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7772 users

[Fantasy] PL Playoffs - Page 3

Forum Index > News
67 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
July 15 2009 16:28 GMT
#41
On July 15 2009 05:48 Hot_Bid wrote:
2. How does scoring work?
You will receive one point per confidence rank you correctly predict. If you get a pick wrong, all confidence ranks after that do not count towards your score. In the above example, the maximum points you could score is 6, if you get all three correct.

But if you get Jaedong > Rock incorrect, it doesn't matter if you get the other two correct, you score 0. So make sure to be very careful when you make your "most confident" picks. Every correct pick allows you the opportunity for more correct picks.


All confidence ranks after that - you mean increasing values of them, or just rest of the choices?

I don't get this, say these are my picks:
[image loading]


I get go.go's match right, but fail at Horang's.Would i still recive points for Effort's match, in case of getting it right?( becouse Horang's had higher confidence rank - I was less confident).

If it is like i understood, doesn't that basically mean the best choice for confidences ranks should be dropping from 8 to 1?Least chance to fail and not recieve points for next one, if you get it right.
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-15 17:08:11
July 15 2009 17:00 GMT
#42
On July 16 2009 01:28 Itachii wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2009 05:48 Hot_Bid wrote:
2. How does scoring work?
You will receive one point per confidence rank you correctly predict. If you get a pick wrong, all confidence ranks after that do not count towards your score. In the above example, the maximum points you could score is 6, if you get all three correct.

But if you get Jaedong > Rock incorrect, it doesn't matter if you get the other two correct, you score 0. So make sure to be very careful when you make your "most confident" picks. Every correct pick allows you the opportunity for more correct picks.


All confidence ranks after that - you mean increasing values of them, or just rest of the choices?

I don't get this, say these are my picks:
[image loading]


I get go.go's match right, but fail at Horang's.Would i still recive points for Effort's match, in case of getting it right?( becouse Horang's had higher confidence rank - I was less confident).

If it is like i understood, doesn't that basically mean the best choice for confidences ranks should be dropping from 8 to 1?Least chance to fail and not recieve points for next one, if you get it right.

I mean confidence ranks increasing in value, not the physical location of them on the page. I'll clarify that in the OP. In your example, if you get go.go's match and Effort's match right, you'd receive 9 points (5 for go.go's, 4 for effort's). Horang's match doesn't impact those two. However, if you were to get go.go or Effort's match wrong, then you'd receive no points for Horang's (and no points for #6-7, whatever those are), regardless of whether you get Horang's right or not.

For instance, if this was your rank:

Confidence 1: 2+2=4 CORRECT
Confidence 2: 1+1=2 CORRECT
Confidence 3: 3+3=6 CORRECT
Confidence 4: 4+4=8 CORRECT
Confidence 5: 2+2=99 INCORRECT
Confidence 6: 1+1=2
Confidence 7: 1+1=2
Confidence 8: 1+1=2


Since your Confidence 5 pick was incorrect, your Confidence 6-8 picks don't give you points, regardless of whether you got them right. You'd only receive points for the correct answers 1-4, for a total of 10 points (1+2+3+4).
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
July 15 2009 20:18 GMT
#43
All clear now, thanks.
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
DrTJEckleburg
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1080 Posts
July 16 2009 02:59 GMT
#44
Thank god for editing, I just realized that in my post-work haze I inputted all of my picks in the exact wrong order.
Im pretty good at whistling with my hands, especially when Im holding a whistle.
Trezeguet
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States2656 Posts
July 16 2009 04:41 GMT
#45
This is a really cool idea of scoring, thanks as always for hosting such fun fantasy leagues.
Liquid`Nazgul
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
22427 Posts
July 16 2009 08:53 GMT
#46
all set
Administrator
H
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
New Zealand6138 Posts
July 16 2009 09:42 GMT
#47
On July 16 2009 11:59 DrTJEckleburg wrote:
Thank god for editing, I just realized that in my post-work haze I inputted all of my picks in the exact wrong order.


I did that the first time as well, lol. I'm not really clear on how it works (not that I read the explanation offered in this thread), but whatever, it's not like I need to know scoring criteria to make picks
[iHs]HCO | のヮの | pachi & plexa ownz | RIP _
Nemesis
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2568 Posts
July 16 2009 10:31 GMT
#48
This will be fun, good luck to everyone
Lee Young Ho fighting! KT P are just CHINTOSSTIC.
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-16 11:55:20
July 16 2009 11:53 GMT
#49
Why are there two links per matchup?

Edit: 2 days, duh, haha.
pripple
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Finland1714 Posts
July 16 2009 14:41 GMT
#50
finally done!

the STX vs KHAN matches were a load easier to set for me, in the Hite vs CJ there are
(T)go.go vs (T)Iris x2 and (T)Leta vs (T)sKyHigh x2, effort vs yellow[arnc] etc, how the hell am i supposed to know whom is gonna win those? could anyone give some insight about those four terran players TvT skills? ;D
Jaedong! <> Team MVP <> Mouz.
DskXplorr
Profile Joined March 2009
United States44 Posts
July 16 2009 16:39 GMT
#51
I can't wait for PL Playoff hopefully I get to see it live (VOD's just don't feel the same). I feel confident about my picks...but first I have to sign up.
When one person dies, another is born, but when a marine dies, we thank the zerg.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-18 11:46:08
July 17 2009 10:34 GMT
#52
On July 17 2009 19:34 7mk wrote:
woooh
I'm done
didn't put in more effort than like 3 minutes in to this, I'm probably gonna fail hard
I even decided to go really crazy and bet on Samsung over STX in game 1 ^^



[spoiler = spoiler of todays matches]
sweet I guess predicting Samsung to win wasn't so stupid after all

but I still failed so badly: For example I predicted everything correctly in the CJ vs Hite match except for two matches, so yeah I got 6/8 right - how many points do I get?

Zero, because the two games I got wrong (Effort+ Leta) were on confidence lvl 1 and 2 xD

oh boy
[/spoiler]
beep boop
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-17 13:11:51
July 17 2009 13:11 GMT
#53
Haha, I put nbs winning his game on colo with a confidence of 5. Hope that works out for me

EDIT: Anyone doing any fancy Bayesian shit on this contest?
Moderator
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
July 17 2009 19:45 GMT
#54
Godddddd this was hard.

On July 15 2009 14:25 TwoStep wrote:
I didn't read their post closely, but it seemed like SC2GG had a similar contest called Lucky Ladders for the PL.

HB steals all his ideas from SC2GG.

(The format's actually pretty common for fantasy leagues)
Administrator
Hot_Bid
Profile Blog Joined October 2003
Braavos36402 Posts
July 17 2009 20:45 GMT
#55
On July 15 2009 14:25 TwoStep wrote:
I didn't read their post closely, but it seemed like SC2GG had a similar contest called Lucky Ladders for the PL.

rofl no way

btw it was Abydos' idea originally, so credit him for the format

credit me for nagging MasterOfChaos enough that he actually wrote it
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Virtuoso
Profile Joined December 2008
United States119 Posts
July 17 2009 23:04 GMT
#56
I'm going to win. =-) i have inside info =-)
fan of the top 3 terrans Flash Fantasy leta GOGO TERRANS
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
July 17 2009 23:16 GMT
#57
On July 18 2009 05:45 Hot_Bid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2009 14:25 TwoStep wrote:
I didn't read their post closely, but it seemed like SC2GG had a similar contest called Lucky Ladders for the PL.

rofl no way

btw it was Abydos' idea originally, so credit him for the format

credit me for nagging MasterOfChaos enough that he actually wrote it


all hail to the master of nagging
beep boop
thunk
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States6233 Posts
July 18 2009 00:50 GMT
#58
This format is so hard, I just tried doing my teams. Took some real brainpower, but I doubt I'll do well.
Every time Jung Myung Hoon builds a vulture, two probes die. || My post count was a palindrome and I was never posting again.
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
July 18 2009 00:51 GMT
#59
If the first game of the set is my #8 confidence and I picked wrong, my #1-7 confidences are still viable, right?
Jaedong
SonuvBob
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Aiur21552 Posts
July 18 2009 01:39 GMT
#60
Yeah, if it helps just pretend the games (the ones that actually get played) go in order of your own ranking.
Administrator
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 225
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 536
Hyuk 451
Leta 77
NaDa 44
TT1 24
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 714
Other Games
summit1g8740
WinterStarcraft466
Mew2King78
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1046
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2176
League of Legends
• Rush1295
• Lourlo1110
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 5m
INu's Battles
7h 5m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 5m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 5m
Replay Cast
18h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.