• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7818 users

ProGamer Connection: Messages from Woongjin Stars. - Page 3

Forum Index > News
61 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Hittegods
Profile Joined April 2007
Stockholm4642 Posts
July 05 2009 20:40 GMT
#41
Swedish music adds to gosuness, I knew it!
This neo violence, pure self defiance
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
July 05 2009 21:41 GMT
#42
woongjin meat! (。◕‿◕。)
Moderator<:3-/-<
Refrige
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States179 Posts
July 05 2009 21:42 GMT
#43
Mmmm. meaty
thanks for the interview/messages
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
July 05 2009 21:46 GMT
#44
Just wait for Penguin to see this thread.
lol!
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
AcrossFiveJulys
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
United States3612 Posts
July 05 2009 22:00 GMT
#45
cool but i feel a little gay after reading that lol
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
July 05 2009 22:49 GMT
#46
On July 05 2009 20:58 Wala.Revolution wrote:
Back when Stars were sponsored by Hanbit, it was well-known in the Korean community that Stars' house sucked. There were sarcastic pics and remarks how members, especially free, had demotivational-esque posts subtitled "I want to eat meat T_T" (고깃국을 먹고 싶어요 ㅠ.ㅠ), etc.

Later, when Woongjin became the sponsor, people called Free, "Free powered by meat" (고기먹은 윤용태).

There was a quote I read somewhere about the coach or manager saying "I will give the best possible treatment (salary) to free, equal to the top-payed players." As far as I know, Free had a salary of $6000 per year under hanbit.

I never surfed the Korean community boards often, so I can't vouch for this 100%, but I'm fairly certain by picking up bits and pieces.

Just remembering (and I always wanted to share this) since "meat" came up with Stars.


That slogan for Free is hilarious. I know that their situation has definitely improved and it seems like the meat issue is very close to all their hearts. I'm so tempted to get messages from Guemchi, Piano, MVP and Ganzi next time asking the same question to see if Woongjin is a universally united front on the whole 'meat' issue.

Oh and 'Love Fool.' is a song you can sing at most noraebangs here - I like it and sing it myself often (I have this wonderful mental image of GGplay at the noraebang busting out his own version now.... ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ.)
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
Realpenguin
Profile Joined December 2006
8253 Posts
July 05 2009 23:07 GMT
#47
On July 06 2009 06:46 Itachii wrote:
Just wait for Penguin to see this thread.
lol!

woongjin carnivores fighting

i bet the "i like to eat meat" is an inside joke with them
<Wolfpox> i remember when MVP beat that one guy, and everyone was like 'whoa' except that penguin dude.
cgrinker
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States3824 Posts
July 05 2009 23:19 GMT
#48
I too am a fan of lots of meat
Husky
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3362 Posts
July 05 2009 23:33 GMT
#49
'the food i like most is meat'

hahaha

These are so great. At least they dont ALL say 'I will train hard to produce better results'. Its weird that a lot of them dont realize foreigners are tuning in. Is there some kind of mentality that it isnt evident there is an e-sports following around the world?

Maybe they're just being modest.
Commentaries: youtube.com/HuskyStarcraft
Hypnotikdel
Profile Joined April 2009
United States333 Posts
July 06 2009 00:04 GMT
#50
I love me some meat too! I wish they maybe got more indepth and personalized their messages a little more. I mean it takes like 2 minutes to write up these 1-2 sentences saying "Support me and my team" ect basically in each. Though its also hard to write a good letter with only 2 short and easy questions to awnser. ohwell Thx for the letters its nice to hear that they even acknowledge their fans over here.
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
July 06 2009 00:14 GMT
#51
On July 06 2009 09:04 Hypnotikdel wrote:
I love me some meat too! I wish they maybe got more indepth and personalized their messages a little more. I mean it takes like 2 minutes to write up these 1-2 sentences saying "Support me and my team" ect basically in each. Though its also hard to write a good letter with only 2 short and easy questions to awnser. ohwell Thx for the letters its nice to hear that they even acknowledge their fans over here.


Seriously, what more do you want?? There is only a limited amount of time between the end of the event/the end of interviews and the beginning of the fan meeting. It is incredibly kind of the team to let me do this and I gave them specific questions this time so we could avoid the 'please support me type message.' As you can see from all the other responses to this thread no one else believes they're the same as the older messages where no specific questions were provided.

There is NO TIME for a massive, essay style interview. Not to mention the fact that most of the coaches/managers and players do not speak English and my Korean is far from fluent. Don't come into the thread making it sound as though it's not a worthwhile project and saying 'oh well, thanks anyway.' You have no idea what the constraints on this project are and how hard I work to make the messages fun and interesting. They're not *meant* to be big, indepth scourings of the inner workings of the gamers, but rather fun, little postcards from them to us.
+ Show Spoiler +

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
July 06 2009 00:59 GMT
#52
calm down nevergg, we all really appreciate what youre doing here =)
beep boop
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
July 06 2009 02:20 GMT
#53
On July 06 2009 09:59 7mk wrote:
calm down nevergg, we all really appreciate what youre doing here =)


I'm grouchy ^_~ (It's because I'm *still* sick -_-; )
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
MutaDoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1163 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-06 05:44:15
July 06 2009 05:40 GMT
#54
MEAT! <3
Thanks NeverGG

On July 06 2009 11:20 NeverGG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 06 2009 09:59 7mk wrote:
calm down nevergg, we all really appreciate what youre doing here =)


I'm grouchy ^_~ (It's because I'm *still* sick -_-; )

Oh wow, quite the rant there. I'll second 7mk, this stuff is greatly appreciated.

You come down with the flu?
NeverGG *
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom5399 Posts
July 06 2009 08:17 GMT
#55
On July 06 2009 14:40 MutaDoom wrote:
MEAT! <3
Thanks NeverGG

Show nested quote +
On July 06 2009 11:20 NeverGG wrote:
On July 06 2009 09:59 7mk wrote:
calm down nevergg, we all really appreciate what youre doing here =)


I'm grouchy ^_~ (It's because I'm *still* sick -_-; )

Oh wow, quite the rant there. I'll second 7mk, this stuff is greatly appreciated.

You come down with the flu?


Yeah *again* - I'm exhausted all the time recently and I can't figure out what it is seen as I've been getting *more* sleep and eating more healthily. Maybe I should go back to 4 hours a night and hamburgers all the time! Hahaha.
우리 행운의 모양은 여러개지만 행복의 모양은 하나
GTR
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
51698 Posts
July 06 2009 08:24 GMT
#56
it's quite epic how free's salary has supposedly been increased by.... 333%.
Commentator
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
July 06 2009 08:25 GMT
#57
I love these messages almost as much as I love meat!
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Hypnotikdel
Profile Joined April 2009
United States333 Posts
July 06 2009 13:56 GMT
#58
Wow kid rage more, all I said it would be nice to see more not that they have to write a 5000 word biography. Being sick =/= lack of ability to be polite.
quirinus
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Croatia2489 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-07-06 17:26:15
July 06 2009 17:25 GMT
#59
ZerO likes Liquid`Meat`! xD

Thanks NeverGG, this is awesome!
All candles lit within him, and there was purity. | First auto-promoted BW LP editor.
Roffles *
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
Pitcairn19291 Posts
July 06 2009 19:18 GMT
#60
Ahh, poor them and the lack of meat. Meat truly is a wonderful thing ehh?

Thanks for doing this again! It's a pleasure seeing these little things every week.
God Bless
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 272
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11103
Dewaltoss 160
Bale 40
Terrorterran 20
Noble 5
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm230
League of Legends
JimRising 817
Counter-Strike
taco 365
Other Games
summit1g13937
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1324
BasetradeTV172
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream48
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• practicex 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota243
League of Legends
• Lourlo1013
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 2m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
7h 2m
Monday Night Weeklies
12h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 7h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 20h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.