• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:41
CEST 15:41
KST 22:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8038 users

[GOM] Round of 16 - Week 1 Battle Reports - Page 2

Forum Index > News
46 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Barbarne
Profile Joined August 2007
Sweden458 Posts
December 08 2008 17:59 GMT
#21
On December 09 2008 02:27 Too_MuchZerg wrote:
Shuttle was empty, he picked reaver much later. Tasteless was just making mistake while casting.


If that's true, then I'm wrong. I was close to 100% certain that the timing of that shuttle should have contained a reaver, but I guess I was confused by the 14nexus build instead of a standard BO. In that case, it was really smart, but still, skyhigh's defence was very good.

I hope they make another map change before the ro8, because Best vs. Skyhigh would probably be pretty onesided (only because the maps though, I'd say they're about even in all other regards).
stevethemacguy
Profile Joined September 2008
United States137 Posts
December 08 2008 18:28 GMT
#22
Yes. Best, the BadAssToss. Effort showed he's a pretty strong player, but I really want to see Best win the whole thing. If flash gets knocked out by someone else then I think it's definitely possible, but I don't see Best being able to defeat Flash.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity" -maximus decimus meridius
Synneby
Profile Joined October 2005
Sweden61 Posts
December 08 2008 19:30 GMT
#23
[B]I think the poor map choices are the reason why I always enjoy the GOMTV tournaments much less compared to the other leagues.


The GOOD map choices is the reason i like GOMtv more then OSL and MSL. ALOT of fun games! Who cares if they are inbalanced. Neo Requiem is fucking awsome!
GinNtoniC
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Sweden2945 Posts
December 08 2008 20:58 GMT
#24
Wow, good work man!
I loved the layout of the article! Top notch!
Huge fan of JulyZerg, HonestTea and that guy Kim Taek Yong.
L0thar
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
987 Posts
December 08 2008 21:32 GMT
#25
On December 09 2008 04:30 Synneby wrote:
Show nested quote +
[B]I think the poor map choices are the reason why I always enjoy the GOMTV tournaments much less compared to the other leagues.


The GOOD map choices is the reason i like GOMtv more then OSL and MSL. ALOT of fun games! Who cares if they are inbalanced. Neo Requiem is fucking awsome!


The maps are terrible. If you wanna have fun games on imbalanced maps, go ahead - but include imba maps favoring both players - one favoring toss, second favoring terran and the third with good general balance. THAT could be interesting - with which strategy will the players come for their worse map? But then again, I guess we would see cheese after cheese.

But I can't enjoy tournament when one player has to fight uphill battle from the start just because he happend to be terran (protoss/zerg). Call me idealistic but I think this is against fairplay...
Centric
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States1989 Posts
December 08 2008 23:41 GMT
#26
Thanks for the write-up.
Super serious.
shavingcream66
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States1219 Posts
December 08 2008 23:50 GMT
#27
woo hoo! 2 for 2 on liquidbet for this one
Lebesgue
Profile Joined October 2008
4542 Posts
December 08 2008 23:59 GMT
#28
On December 09 2008 04:30 Synneby wrote:
Show nested quote +
[B]I think the poor map choices are the reason why I always enjoy the GOMTV tournaments much less compared to the other leagues.


The GOOD map choices is the reason i like GOMtv more then OSL and MSL. ALOT of fun games! Who cares if they are inbalanced. Neo Requiem is fucking awsome!


And I enjoy the tournament which gives all races equal chances and where better player wins because of his skills...

The map pool is insane. Medusa in TvP hell and same goes for Neo Requiem. It is hard to call on the last one but the previous version also favoured protoss... I can only hope that in ro8 the map pool will be more balanced because otherwise we will have another PvP semis...

Yaqoob
Profile Blog Joined March 2005
Canada3408 Posts
December 09 2008 00:14 GMT
#29
This was a very nice write up. I enjoyed reading it. I actually missed most of Game 3 so I am about to watch it again on gomtv.net
김택용 Fighting!
nataziel
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Australia1455 Posts
December 09 2008 00:54 GMT
#30
Awesome article :D
u gotta sk8
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
December 09 2008 02:00 GMT
#31
awesome writeup. the key moments part was very good
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
December 09 2008 03:11 GMT
#32
On December 09 2008 06:32 adelarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2008 04:30 Synneby wrote:
[B]I think the poor map choices are the reason why I always enjoy the GOMTV tournaments much less compared to the other leagues.


The GOOD map choices is the reason i like GOMtv more then OSL and MSL. ALOT of fun games! Who cares if they are inbalanced. Neo Requiem is fucking awsome!


The maps are terrible. If you wanna have fun games on imbalanced maps, go ahead - but include imba maps favoring both players - one favoring toss, second favoring terran and the third with good general balance. THAT could be interesting - with which strategy will the players come for their worse map? But then again, I guess we would see cheese after cheese.

But I can't enjoy tournament when one player has to fight uphill battle from the start just because he happend to be terran (protoss/zerg). Call me idealistic but I think this is against fairplay...
Man, maps like Katrina are what makes Starcraft fuckin good, its what separates the good, the very good, and the fuckin gosu's.

Flash, anyone?
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
monstar123
Profile Joined December 2008
United States516 Posts
December 09 2008 03:26 GMT
#33
On December 09 2008 03:28 stevethemacguy wrote:
Yes. Best, the BadAssToss. Effort showed he's a pretty strong player, but I really want to see Best win the whole thing. If flash gets knocked out by someone else then I think it's definitely possible, but I don't see Best being able to defeat Flash.


I dont think that Flash can stand bo5 with Best. Both players 9-1 in their last tvp pvt.Best is favorite here.
Avidkeystamper
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States8556 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-12-09 04:32:56
December 09 2008 04:31 GMT
#34
On December 09 2008 04:30 Synneby wrote:
Show nested quote +
I think the poor map choices are the reason why I always enjoy the GOMTV tournaments much less compared to the other leagues.


The GOOD map choices is the reason i like GOMtv more then OSL and MSL. ALOT of fun games! Who cares if they are inbalanced. Neo Requiem is fucking awsome!


Neo Requiem: PvT: 31-9 (77.5%)
Medusa: PvT: 14-4 (77.8%)
Chupung Ryeong 1+2 PvT: 19-11 (63.3%)

Oh wait, you said the maps are GOOD and imbalanced. I take it you like PvPvP....

[B]On December 09 2008 12:11 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2008 06:32 adelarge wrote:
On December 09 2008 04:30 Synneby wrote:
[B]I think the poor map choices are the reason why I always enjoy the GOMTV tournaments much less compared to the other leagues.


The GOOD map choices is the reason i like GOMtv more then OSL and MSL. ALOT of fun games! Who cares if they are inbalanced. Neo Requiem is fucking awsome!


The maps are terrible. If you wanna have fun games on imbalanced maps, go ahead - but include imba maps favoring both players - one favoring toss, second favoring terran and the third with good general balance. THAT could be interesting - with which strategy will the players come for their worse map? But then again, I guess we would see cheese after cheese.

But I can't enjoy tournament when one player has to fight uphill battle from the start just because he happend to be terran (protoss/zerg). Call me idealistic but I think this is against fairplay...
Man, maps like Katrina are what makes Starcraft fuckin good, its what separates the good, the very good, and the fuckin gosu's.

Flash, anyone?

Jaedong, anyone?
Jaedong
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
December 09 2008 04:34 GMT
#35
nice writeup
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Not_Computer
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada2277 Posts
December 09 2008 04:39 GMT
#36
effOrt

but lol at the burrow, good stuff! burrow should be used more often like this
"Jaedong hyung better be ready. I'm going to order the most expensive dinner in Korea."
ProberoO
Profile Joined November 2008
United States88 Posts
December 09 2008 04:40 GMT
#37
Best played well in the last game.
The pandabearguy should be in every map.
Dazed.
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Canada3301 Posts
December 09 2008 04:49 GMT
#38
On December 09 2008 12:26 monstar123 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2008 03:28 stevethemacguy wrote:
Yes. Best, the BadAssToss. Effort showed he's a pretty strong player, but I really want to see Best win the whole thing. If flash gets knocked out by someone else then I think it's definitely possible, but I don't see Best being able to defeat Flash.


I dont think that Flash can stand bo5 with Best. Both players 9-1 in their last tvp pvt.Best is favorite here.
lol, no he isnt.
Never say Die! ||| Fight you? No, I want to kill you.
monstar123
Profile Joined December 2008
United States516 Posts
December 09 2008 05:29 GMT
#39
On December 09 2008 13:49 Dazed_Spy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2008 12:26 monstar123 wrote:
On December 09 2008 03:28 stevethemacguy wrote:
Yes. Best, the BadAssToss. Effort showed he's a pretty strong player, but I really want to see Best win the whole thing. If flash gets knocked out by someone else then I think it's definitely possible, but I don't see Best being able to defeat Flash.


I dont think that Flash can stand bo5 with Best. Both players 9-1 in their last tvp pvt.Best is favorite here.
lol, no he isnt.


If Best will win Flash, pls dont blame maps then ok ?
InfeSteD
Profile Blog Joined December 2006
United States4658 Posts
December 09 2008 08:25 GMT
#40
Supermarket Protoss Fighting !
w/e
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech138
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4541
Jaedong 2553
Leta 2252
Soulkey 1942
EffOrt 1019
Soma 607
Horang2 402
Mini 400
Rush 366
BeSt 319
[ Show more ]
Stork 272
Light 271
Larva 182
Pusan 181
ggaemo 164
Snow 160
Barracks 131
Killer 131
Zeus 126
firebathero 88
hero 84
JYJ 68
Sea.KH 58
Mong 56
Sharp 37
ToSsGirL 37
Aegong 30
Shinee 30
sorry 28
Bale 27
Sexy 21
zelot 12
Sacsri 11
Rock 9
Shine 8
Icarus 7
JulyZerg 7
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6347
qojqva1069
Dendi858
XaKoH 492
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_241
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes4091
Khaldor7
Other Games
gofns41394
singsing1660
olofmeister1271
B2W.Neo818
byalli546
Lowko368
Livibee194
DeMusliM172
mouzStarbuck145
Liquid`VortiX122
OGKoka 95
ArmadaUGS88
Chillindude10
Railgan4
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV511
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream205
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 36
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 18
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV354
League of Legends
• Jankos1681
• Nemesis1557
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
10h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
21h 19m
The PondCast
1d 20h
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.