• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:39
CEST 13:39
KST 20:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9653 users

Liquid`Jinro Retires - Page 98

Forum Index > News
2320 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 117 Next
knicyo
Profile Joined June 2012
177 Posts
August 07 2012 17:09 GMT
#1941
Wow so sad! I remember when I first started playing Sc2 and Jinro was representing Sweden and TL in gsl and i thought that that was really cool. Sad so see you leave.

Good luck Jinro!!!
Ryung - Parting - Life - MMA - Genius - Fantasy
iSix
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany17 Posts
August 07 2012 17:09 GMT
#1942
I don't comment very much but today it is worth a post...
Jinro you we're the one guy that made me play this game... watch GSL at 5am... maybe you we're my greatest Idol in SC2 (but only time will tell)
I wish you best of luck for the future
shangul
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland27 Posts
August 07 2012 17:15 GMT
#1943
Jinro. Thank you so much for many hours of Entertainment. It never knew you personally but I followed your story and it touched my heart. Change is good. We all need to change what we're doing every now and then.
Enjoy your new life.
mseq
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden4 Posts
August 07 2012 17:16 GMT
#1944
GG Jinro! hope to see more of you in the future! you will be missed
LGDeathabove
Profile Joined August 2012
2 Posts
August 07 2012 17:17 GMT
#1945
I have been reading all these posts for a while... I wanted to take a little time before I said anything and I was surprised Jinro responded to the thread multiple times.I'm going to break this down into small paragraphs to help structuralize my feelings.

First, Jinro, I want to say that I have always respected and admired you as a terran player. I play solely Terran because of the challenges it presents and being the current underdog race, makes me more determined to show others that in a strategy based game, determination and wits CAN overcome any obstacle. You overcame many obstacles early in 2011. You were the foreign hope among a sea of Koreans at the GSL. Everyone thought it was impossible to play like the Koreans did. Guess who changed all that? You did. You are talented Jinro, but it wasn't talent that got you where you were. It was your heart on fire for SC2 and your drive to practice day in and day out. That is what made you great. You didn't give up on trying. I remember watching the GSL from America late at night and the pure joy on your face after having defeated OGSMC with your unique mech style. You loved the game, and you loved that your hardwork paid off. You were a very nice guy, and noone could say anything bad about you. You were a role model in every way.


I continued to follow you on after your double GSL RO4 results. I saw you gradually slip away from the spotlight, and I saw the frustration build on your face when you streamed. You started to believe it was not possible for terran to overcome the current patch obstacles against protoss. It was understandable as a player and a fan. You grew upset and gave in to the defeat. This is going to sound very cheesy, but when I think of you then and now, I think of Top Gun. You are like Maverick, you have the raw skill and heart, but you let your emotions dictate your actions sometimes. You lost that lovin feeling, and you stopped beleiving in yourself. I get that you are sad and you feel your best times are behind you. But they don't have to be. You need some time to rediscover why you started playing in the first place. You need to reconnect with your dream. And you will. Wanna know why? Because Jonathon Walsh is not a quitter. You are going to take a little time off, and see that if you don't keep trying, you are going to live with regrets. Its better to have tried and failed than to live with the "what ifs."

I'd try to convince you to come back by writing a 10 page argument, but it won't do any good. Destiny has a funny way of persuading people itself. Starcraft is a part of you.

"Anyone can dabble, but once you've made that commitment, your blood has that particular thing in it, and it's very hard for people to stop you."
Bill Cosby


To be the best you got to beat the best
Linog[e]
Profile Joined April 2012
59 Posts
August 07 2012 17:19 GMT
#1946
Finally

User was temp banned for this post.
'Now you’re in the world of the wolves And we welcome all you sheep'
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
August 07 2012 17:26 GMT
#1947
Best of luck to you, Jonathan, and I hope you stick around in the scene as a fellow fan, you'd be sorely missed if not.

(Tbh your post is a tad to melodramatic, though I understand of course it's very emotional for you. Reminds me a bit of the RIP video GOM made when Idra moved to the US, you're not dead man).
Get off my lawn, young punks
Lord Lunga
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden33 Posts
August 07 2012 17:27 GMT
#1948
When I first started watching SC2, two things sucked me in: Husky's casting on youtube, and the fact that there was a Swedish top player; Jinro.

Thanks for getting me hooked, and good luck in the future!
"Winning is at least five to ten percent more fun than losing" - NovaWar
danieltb
Profile Joined April 2012
Israel2 Posts
August 07 2012 17:30 GMT
#1949
Gl to him in life
W00T
M O L O K O
Profile Joined May 2012
Japan23 Posts
August 07 2012 17:30 GMT
#1950
Sad, great player and person! good luck for your future man.
一条の矢は折るべく、百条は折るべからず
Jaisse
Profile Joined November 2011
United States66 Posts
August 07 2012 17:32 GMT
#1951
I will always be a Jinro fan. Good luck in life!
Roman666
Profile Joined April 2012
Poland1440 Posts
August 07 2012 17:32 GMT
#1952
And here I was hoping to see Jinro mech vs P when HotS arrives. Best of luck to you man, I hope you will be satisfied with your next occupations.

On August 08 2012 02:19 Linog[e] wrote:
Finally


Can someone report this excuse for a poster?
Atoja
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2 Posts
August 07 2012 17:34 GMT
#1953
all the best mate, take it easy
fishjie
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1519 Posts
August 07 2012 17:36 GMT
#1954
oh forgot to ask, jinro will you still be streaming every now and then? a lot of us loved watching, i know the games not fun for you right now, but does this mean no more streaming for good?
Yizuo
Profile Joined December 2004
Germany1537 Posts
August 07 2012 17:37 GMT
#1955
All the best!
rUiNati0n
Profile Joined December 2010
United States1155 Posts
August 07 2012 17:37 GMT
#1956
Good luck Jinro!
eating corn while thinking about eating more corn
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
August 07 2012 17:40 GMT
#1957
Jinro was my first hero on joining Team Liquid. When I first got into watching streams and following Tournaments, Jinro was making his run in GSL. I was literally in AWE from the amount of units the guy was able to control and the way he was able to like...dodge storms or sense DTs.

I regret not saying hey when I saw him in person - now I may never get the chance. Good luck Jinro, thank you for sharing your dream with us.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Abominator
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden5 Posts
August 07 2012 17:43 GMT
#1958
We will all miss you oh so much Jinro<3
Hi, I like watching things
Bazik
Profile Joined September 2010
Portugal104 Posts
August 07 2012 17:44 GMT
#1959
GL in your next adventures Jinro!

Thx for the many great games
Loathed
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada82 Posts
August 07 2012 17:47 GMT
#1960
You will be missed Jinro, Best of luck in the future!
Farewell my shadow, you who stand at the end of the path I chose not to follow.
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
11:00
INu's Battles#21
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
IntoTheiNu 951
WardiTV342
LiquipediaDiscussion
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 12426
StarCastTV_EN392
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko345
ProTech127
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 16578
Bisu 4525
Jaedong 4071
EffOrt 1235
BeSt 980
ZerO 521
Horang2 467
Pusan 307
actioN 276
Zeus 240
[ Show more ]
Larva 198
Mind 137
Hyun 129
Yoon 114
Barracks 108
ggaemo 78
Killer 54
Sharp 44
scan(afreeca) 41
Shinee 40
Bale 36
ToSsGirL 33
NotJumperer 33
Sea.KH 27
Terrorterran 23
Hm[arnc] 20
Sacsri 19
Snow 12
zelot 11
Noble 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Dota 2
Dendi892
League of Legends
JimRising 312
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1660
byalli630
markeloff58
Other Games
crisheroes249
Pyrionflax188
DeMusliM152
dupreeh103
Mew2King62
QueenE17
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 47
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV595
League of Legends
• Jankos1214
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
12h 21m
Patches Events
1d 4h
The PondCast
1d 22h
INu's Battles
1d 23h
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.