• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:23
CEST 23:23
KST 06:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10674 users

Liquid`Jinro Retires - Page 92

Forum Index > News
2320 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 117 Next
Snijjer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States989 Posts
August 07 2012 14:32 GMT
#1821
You had an awesome career mate, represented foreigners very well - especially in the GSL.

Good luck in you future endeavors.
josemb40
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Peru611 Posts
August 07 2012 14:33 GMT
#1822
aw, best of lucks
wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
toodirty
Profile Joined September 2011
1 Post
August 07 2012 14:34 GMT
#1823
Best of luck man. Loved your runs in the GSL :D Gorilla Terran fighting!
Spectralx
Profile Joined November 2010
United States198 Posts
August 07 2012 14:35 GMT
#1824
<3 Good luck man!
Spectral - Paralyzed Quadriplegic Gamer
ThatGuy89
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom1968 Posts
August 07 2012 14:35 GMT
#1825
On August 07 2012 22:21 peacenl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 22:14 ThatGuy89 wrote:
it always sucks when someone from the industry/community leave, but i cant say im surprised

I put jinro in the same group of people as incontrol, destiny and even whitera - not really ever gonna win anything from this point onwards in SC2. WHich is fine, but afaik jinro doesnt attract the same kind of viewer numbers that those other guys will.

Be careful when saying such things, even though you are probably right - it should come as no suprise that you can step on a few toes of fans, teams or players. If anything it could stir up a heated discussion, which doesn't help anyone.


yea youre right, but i dont really care tbh. As i said, its sad to see someone leave, but if incontrol retired for instance, there would be pages and pages of people here flaming him and stuff. So i think me saying what i said is more then acceptable, seeing as how i wasnt exactly offensive towards anyone
Rodberd
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Germany531 Posts
August 07 2012 14:36 GMT
#1826
At first i was really shocked when i saw the black/white-picture of Jinro.
first thought was "oh crap, he died?"

im happy to see that he didnt.
but its still sad that he will retire now.
Jinro was the 2nd player of TL, after nony ... sad to see this era ends now.

Best of luck and only the best for your future ...
Ooooh, look at it go
Arkless
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1547 Posts
August 07 2012 14:37 GMT
#1827
♥♥♥ Will miss ye breh!
http://www.mixcloud.com/Arkless/ http://www.soundcloud.com/Arkless
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 07 2012 14:39 GMT
#1828
On August 07 2012 22:41 Doodsmack wrote:
While Jinro and other pros might not like to hear it, I think jinro's retirement has the beneficial effect of setting the precedent for other pros that it's "okay" to retire. I would compare this to my decision to cancel my law school plans even after being accepted. The investment is simply not worth the low chance of reward in an oversaturated market. There are scores of highly skilled progamers (and smart law students) who dedicate A LOT of time to the pursuit of success. The Koreans literally sacrifice their lives for Starcraft. I think it's can be a sign of intelligence and wisdom to change courses from a path you previously committed to.

If my decision were to cause someone in a similiar position to me to consider their options, that would be great.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Luxuria.
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia3 Posts
August 07 2012 14:39 GMT
#1829
Best of luck Jinro! I remember watching you on your first run of GSL and thinking, go the foreigners!!!!
Louuster
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2869 Posts
August 07 2012 14:41 GMT
#1830
Jinro the Elky of SC2!
GL in life
Kim Taek Yong fighting~
pHelix Equilibria
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1134 Posts
August 07 2012 14:44 GMT
#1831
Wow. When I loaded Teamliquid today, I did a double take.
Good luck with new road ahead Jinro.
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 07 2012 14:44 GMT
#1832
On August 07 2012 23:05 starception wrote:
All this time I thought people just caught up to him. I never once thought he lost his passion. I bet if he had that past passion, he'd be foreign Taeja.

I don't want my saying I lost passion to come off as me saying "Look, I lost my passion, I'd still have been at the top if I didn't"... Because 1) We can't know that and 2) I think the more likely scenario is that I would have still been bumped down a bunch of notches from the glory days.

I've got other flaws than just a lack of motivation
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
August 07 2012 14:45 GMT
#1833
On August 07 2012 23:39 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 22:41 Doodsmack wrote:
While Jinro and other pros might not like to hear it, I think jinro's retirement has the beneficial effect of setting the precedent for other pros that it's "okay" to retire. I would compare this to my decision to cancel my law school plans even after being accepted. The investment is simply not worth the low chance of reward in an oversaturated market. There are scores of highly skilled progamers (and smart law students) who dedicate A LOT of time to the pursuit of success. The Koreans literally sacrifice their lives for Starcraft. I think it's can be a sign of intelligence and wisdom to change courses from a path you previously committed to.

If my decision were to cause someone in a similiar position to me to consider their options, that would be great.


Very wise words, that said though I'm sure a lot of us hold a little hope that you'll return for HotS
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 07 2012 14:49 GMT
#1834
On August 07 2012 23:45 Maynarde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 23:39 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 07 2012 22:41 Doodsmack wrote:
While Jinro and other pros might not like to hear it, I think jinro's retirement has the beneficial effect of setting the precedent for other pros that it's "okay" to retire. I would compare this to my decision to cancel my law school plans even after being accepted. The investment is simply not worth the low chance of reward in an oversaturated market. There are scores of highly skilled progamers (and smart law students) who dedicate A LOT of time to the pursuit of success. The Koreans literally sacrifice their lives for Starcraft. I think it's can be a sign of intelligence and wisdom to change courses from a path you previously committed to.

If my decision were to cause someone in a similiar position to me to consider their options, that would be great.


Very wise words, that said though I'm sure a lot of us hold a little hope that you'll return for HotS

With all these nice words it's tempting, it's not like I don't feel any of the competitive feelings anymore ---- but it's incredibly unlikely.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Autotroph
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom940 Posts
August 07 2012 14:51 GMT
#1835
Good luck Gorilla, one of the coolest players on the scene
textbookcovers.tumblr.com
siskind
Profile Joined September 2011
United States7 Posts
August 07 2012 14:51 GMT
#1836
hes not the only one on TL that should retire...

User was warned for this post
yorkey
Profile Joined February 2011
England69 Posts
August 07 2012 14:51 GMT
#1837
very sad to see you go Jinro, thanks for all the memories. Good Luck in the future.
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
August 07 2012 14:51 GMT
#1838
On August 07 2012 23:49 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 07 2012 23:45 Maynarde wrote:
On August 07 2012 23:39 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On August 07 2012 22:41 Doodsmack wrote:
While Jinro and other pros might not like to hear it, I think jinro's retirement has the beneficial effect of setting the precedent for other pros that it's "okay" to retire. I would compare this to my decision to cancel my law school plans even after being accepted. The investment is simply not worth the low chance of reward in an oversaturated market. There are scores of highly skilled progamers (and smart law students) who dedicate A LOT of time to the pursuit of success. The Koreans literally sacrifice their lives for Starcraft. I think it's can be a sign of intelligence and wisdom to change courses from a path you previously committed to.

If my decision were to cause someone in a similiar position to me to consider their options, that would be great.


Very wise words, that said though I'm sure a lot of us hold a little hope that you'll return for HotS

With all these nice words it's tempting, it's not like I don't feel any of the competitive feelings anymore ---- but it's incredibly unlikely.


As I said we can only hope man haha. No doubt out of interest you'll at least ladder a bit Best of luck with your future and enjoy yourself.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
MilLorD
Profile Joined September 2011
Germany36 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-07 14:58:18
August 07 2012 14:53 GMT
#1839
I'm so sad reading that you'll quit your progaming career.

I remember when back in January 2011 I made my first steps into this scene, never having played (or followed) BW or any RTS title competitivly except for playing with friends.
I remember watching those casts by Husky, where he would talk about teamliquid and the GSL sometimes, and how you were achieving so much, so i checked it out.
Your matches against MKP and MC were the first I happened to watch, and it was simply amazing.
You seemed like such a nice guy and so unbelievably skilled, competing against those Koreans on the same or even higher level (I mean good god your banshee control.. I have never seen anything like that before)

It was amazing to get into this scence, and always following your career even at the times you didn't do so well.

I sincerly wish you all the best in your future, and who knows maybe you'll turn on that stream at times just for fun.
And even if not, I'll definitly remember the games you played (and replays you watched until it was morning while answering questions from chat, that was awesome )

Thank you for so much entertainment and everything!


P.S.: I guess I didn't write anything others haven't before, but I just felt like saying it ^_^
Feito
Profile Joined February 2011
United States65 Posts
August 07 2012 14:54 GMT
#1840
You will be missed, Jinro. Nothing lasts forever.
"To be forgotten is worse than death."
Prev 1 90 91 92 93 94 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 37m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech152
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 14
910 9
MaD[AoV]3
League of Legends
JimRising 226
Counter-Strike
fl0m4644
Fnx 570
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox210
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4544
Liquid`Hasu603
Other Games
summit1g5024
Liquid`RaSZi1588
FrodaN549
C9.Mang0186
PPMD164
RotterdaM106
JuggernautJason40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV192
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream15
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21323
Other Games
• Shiphtur877
• imaqtpie659
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 37m
Patches Events
18h 37m
The PondCast
1d 12h
INu's Battles
1d 13h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.