• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:53
CEST 06:53
KST 13:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7765 users

Liquid`Jinro Retires - Page 107

Forum Index > News
2320 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 117 Next
KookyMonster
Profile Joined January 2012
United States311 Posts
August 08 2012 00:19 GMT
#2121
Good luck in your future endeavors, Jinro! You will be missed!
Paper is Imba. Scissors is fine. -Rock
tholyc
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany116 Posts
August 08 2012 00:21 GMT
#2122
On August 08 2012 08:37 Grimmyman123 wrote:
In my previous post, I note my sadness.

The only thing I would ask Jinro - did you consider being a Team Captain or Coach?

I'll also throw it out there - are there any other fields or areas of employment you could look at? Return to school, get a degreee/diploma for a specific occupation?

I like poker, but there is that part of my brain which still says it is still just educated gambling, vs a proper job so to speak.

I will still sorely miss Jinro playing, his big smiles, and I can only imagine how the other TL players feel (sad, etc).

Stay around! Maybe guest cast at tournaments, for some extra income!



the games vs. socke on desert oasis was so awesome

gl gorillaterran, you'll be missed!
llSpektrll
Profile Joined September 2011
United States77 Posts
August 08 2012 00:31 GMT
#2123
You always seemed like a cool guy. Congrats on putting yourself in positions where you can pursue and achieve your dreams.
naniboo
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada40 Posts
August 08 2012 00:49 GMT
#2124
good luck! we'll miss you >.<
Beazly101
Profile Joined June 2010
United States15 Posts
August 08 2012 01:04 GMT
#2125
truly a sad thing for all of E-Sports but i suport his desion and wish him all the luck and maybe see him playing in the main event in vegaus.
Swiftocino
Profile Joined January 2011
United States9 Posts
August 08 2012 01:21 GMT
#2126
Not a time for GG. Rather a time for GLHF. All the best Jinro.
'Tocino' means 'bacon' in Spanish.
Hashmeister
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany238 Posts
August 08 2012 01:35 GMT
#2127
This was really a great read, I thank you both for it and wish Jinro the best of luck. gg!
bit.ly/hashmeister
ANSELMO
Profile Joined July 2011
Chile7 Posts
August 08 2012 01:58 GMT
#2128
I would love if Jinro read this, since im like a REALLY HUGE fan, whenever he streamed I watched it, even if I had school the next day (I live in Chile so when he streamed it was like 3 am here), I enjoyed his stream so much i just left my Starcraft 2 games or even forgot i was playing them. I always watched his analysing and gameplay (and also the great rap songs he played), and learned so much he became an example to me. I play all races myself but I enjoyed terran the most because of Jinro's gameplay and the inspiration he brought to me when I watched him win. I'm only 16 years old but meeting Jinro in real life would be a dream come true just like when he wrote he wanted to become a progamer. That's my childish dream that I would never quit. This new was very shocking to me but I will always remember him as the best foreigner ever and the most courageous person I have seen for always taking the right directions in his life. I always wished he won every tournament he participated in, but it sucks that it wasn't possible. Thanks to him, TLO and HuK (who are my fav players by race), I reached Masters League very easily, but especially from Jinro I learned that giving up is not an option and you must do what makes you happy in life and that's what he did and what made me very proud,

Bye Chinrilla... hope you enjoy your new life.
Probably one of your biggest fans, who sadly couldn't make it to any event, Rodrigo
PD: Sorry for bad english, and I hope you find a correct path once again.
eLve
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden4 Posts
August 08 2012 02:18 GMT
#2129
Man this will take a long time to melt down. Even if i read this yesterday i just couldnt stop thinking about it through the whole day. Jinro was my only true favorite player. I didnt care about the results lately. Every tourney he was in i was as pumped as i am watching a gold medal game in any sport i adore. I always followed youre stream and forgot about what day and what time it was. It was just too exciting to watch you play. Youre awesome!

And you will be soooo missed, Jinro. Please give HoTS a honest chance. No one will think its a stupid decision that you quit something and came back. Because youre Jinro. Everyone know how high your potential is (even that you were lacking motivation and tilting at the game alot past months).
I hope this is just a major break from you. I will always wait for that day when you come back. I just dont care if you say "unlikely" to to that option. Because we all want you back any day.

But a gigantic portion of luck to you for whatever road you choose to follow, and please keep posting here and on twitter for your true fans (like me).

GG & tack mannen!
Wanderville
Profile Joined April 2011
Honduras12 Posts
August 08 2012 02:23 GMT
#2130
:') Best of luck jinro LONG LIVE THE GORILLA TERRAN!!
danieldrsa
Profile Joined June 2008
Brazil523 Posts
August 08 2012 02:31 GMT
#2131
You just acomplished the best foreign career of SC2. Be proud Jinro.

I remember we talking a little bit when you were SC2 moderator and, by your behavior, you demonstrated the great person you are. I never tought you could go so far, and seeing your results made me very happy. You are a true champion and an inspiration to all.

Congrats on your great career!!

GL on your new path.
-*-
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 08 2012 02:59 GMT
#2132
On August 08 2012 10:58 BentLey wrote:
I would love if Jinro read this, since im like a REALLY HUGE fan, whenever he streamed I watched it, even if I had school the next day (I live in Chile so when he streamed it was like 3 am here), I enjoyed his stream so much i just left my Starcraft 2 games or even forgot i was playing them. I always watched his analysing and gameplay (and also the great rap songs he played), and learned so much he became an example to me. I play all races myself but I enjoyed terran the most because of Jinro's gameplay and the inspiration he brought to me when I watched him win. I'm only 16 years old but meeting Jinro in real life would be a dream come true just like when he wrote he wanted to become a progamer. That's my childish dream that I would never quit. This new was very shocking to me but I will always remember him as the best foreigner ever and the most courageous person I have seen for always taking the right directions in his life. I always wished he won every tournament he participated in, but it sucks that it wasn't possible. Thanks to him, TLO and HuK (who are my fav players by race), I reached Masters League very easily, but especially from Jinro I learned that giving up is not an option and you must do what makes you happy in life and that's what he did and what made me very proud,

Bye Chinrilla... hope you enjoy your new life.
Probably one of your biggest fans, who sadly couldn't make it to any event, Rodrigo
PD: Sorry for bad english, and I hope you find a correct path once again.

Thanks, it means a lot to hear this (and this goes to everyone who shared something similiar, I can't reply to everyone unfortunately so it's a little bit chance whether I will respond directly or not ><).

I used to play quite a lot of SC1 with a guy from Chile --- his ID was Keir I think. He went to WCG and stuff a couple of times I believe.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
skindzer
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
Chile5114 Posts
August 08 2012 03:06 GMT
#2133
Keir went to play poker also keke
Its not only the rain that brings the thunder
FlamingTurd
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1059 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-08 03:11:04
August 08 2012 03:10 GMT
#2134
Saw this coming a long time ago. I really liked him when he was at the top of the skill curve, and sad to see him fall from there. I hope his future is great. Anyway, I will miss watching u Jinro.
Nerf MMMT!!! Liquid`Ret Hwaiting!!!
Grotti
Profile Joined November 2010
Iceland8 Posts
August 08 2012 03:28 GMT
#2135
I wish Jinro the best of luck in the future. He will be greatly missed, and I must thank him for all of the enjoyment I had from watching him play.
jpaolof
Profile Joined November 2011
28 Posts
August 08 2012 04:17 GMT
#2136
Good luck! We'll miss that gorilla grin XD
Nestea ------ Stephano -------Scarlett------Enderr-----NA'VI
ZinSinger
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom14 Posts
August 08 2012 04:18 GMT
#2137
Not suggesting i would ever be good enough, but here dies the dream of me ever playing jinro in an actual tournament </3
I respected the hell out of him as a player, and studying his play style is the main reason my pvt is my strongest match up, even tough a lot of people might say it wasnt his strongest match up, its a real shame he was not able to re attain the heights of his "glory days" but as everyone said it seems he set the standard for himself to high, anyways im sure hell be great at poker as he has previous experience as well as being dedicated
Dare to dream bigger :)
Trumpet
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States1936 Posts
August 08 2012 04:39 GMT
#2138
Cheers to a successful progaming career and to realizing a dream.

You da bes, FA!
Aveng3r
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2411 Posts
August 08 2012 04:44 GMT
#2139
sad to see him go. when i was first starting to play the game he was one of my favorites and i always watched him stream. gl in the future with whatever you do
I carve marble busts of assassinated world leaders - PM for a quote
Cyber_Cheese
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia3615 Posts
August 08 2012 04:56 GMT
#2140
Woah, that was extremely well worded Nazgul.
We'll miss you Jinro!
The moment you lose confidence in yourself, is the moment the world loses it's confidence in you.
Prev 1 105 106 107 108 109 117 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 536
Hyuk 451
Leta 77
NaDa 44
TT1 20
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm255
League of Legends
JimRising 748
Other Games
summit1g9968
WinterStarcraft466
Mew2King96
ViBE76
ArmadaUGS47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1046
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2174
League of Legends
• Rush1254
• Lourlo1094
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 7m
INu's Battles
7h 7m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
10h 7m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 7m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 7m
Replay Cast
18h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 6h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.