• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:44
CEST 20:44
KST 03:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8306 users

[MLG] Spring Arena Day 3 - Page 2

Forum Index > News
66 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
May 20 2012 21:04 GMT
#21
Violet won an IEM, not his first major tournament victory. Unless you don't consider that major.
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
May 20 2012 21:05 GMT
#22
Congratulations to Violet and Team Empire.
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
May 20 2012 21:06 GMT
#23
Err, I'm pretty sure IEM Sao Paolo was viOlet's first major victory. (referring to the news title) Nontheless congrats to him for taking the win at Spring Arena. Thank goodness it wasn't another MarineKing vs DongRaeGu finals.
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
polyphonyEX
Profile Joined May 2012
United States2539 Posts
May 20 2012 21:07 GMT
#24
*Second major tournament victory

He won IEM Sau Paolo a couple of months ago.
arvinds94
Profile Joined April 2012
United States40 Posts
May 20 2012 21:08 GMT
#25
Violet won an IEM as stated above, pretty major you could say. I FUCKING LOVE VIOLET. whatta boss
viOlet
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
May 20 2012 21:09 GMT
#26
Now I can be one of those hipsters that says: "I was a fan of viOlet before he won MLG"
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
cudder7
Profile Joined August 2011
United States14 Posts
May 20 2012 21:14 GMT
#27
Best ZvZ series i've seen yet. Happy for Violet.

P.S. GJ on naming the title "Color of Victory" and resisting on name it "Empire state of mind"
polyphonyEX
Profile Joined May 2012
United States2539 Posts
May 20 2012 21:15 GMT
#28
On May 21 2012 06:09 Hulavuta wrote:
Now I can be one of those hipsters that says: "I was a fan of viOlet before he won MLG"


I was a fan of viOlet before he started played SC2.
StoRm_res
Profile Joined March 2011
Switzerland891 Posts
May 20 2012 21:18 GMT
#29
Why is he wearing a mask? To bad I wasn't being able to watch it since I didn't want to pay
ZvZ finals must have been fun
-Inso-
Profile Joined May 2012
United States3 Posts
May 20 2012 21:28 GMT
#30
On May 21 2012 06:18 StoRm_res wrote:
Why is he wearing a mask? To bad I wasn't being able to watch it since I didn't want to pay
ZvZ finals must have been fun

He was sick, it's normal in asian countries to wear a mask when ur sick to keep from spreading it to others.
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
May 20 2012 21:28 GMT
#31
On May 21 2012 06:15 polyphonyEX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2012 06:09 Hulavuta wrote:
Now I can be one of those hipsters that says: "I was a fan of viOlet before he won MLG"


I was a fan of viOlet before he started played SC2.


I was a fan of viOlet before he was born.
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
Swiv
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany3674 Posts
May 20 2012 21:31 GMT
#32
On May 21 2012 06:28 Hulavuta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2012 06:15 polyphonyEX wrote:
On May 21 2012 06:09 Hulavuta wrote:
Now I can be one of those hipsters that says: "I was a fan of viOlet before he won MLG"


I was a fan of viOlet before he started played SC2.


I was a fan of viOlet before he was born.

I was born when good jokes were made...
[_] Terran [_] Zerg [_] Protoss [X] Random ------- Fantasy - hyvaa - sOs
EneMecH
Profile Joined March 2012
United Kingdom218 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-20 21:37:41
May 20 2012 21:37 GMT
#33
he kept up pressure while taking a third and teching to storm, and once it finished Polt couldn't keep up.



MC built a lead with constant harass in Polt's main and third, and ground him down piece by piece until Polt's army couldn't keep up.


Sounds like Polt's army needs to get a bit more fit :/
Tears soaks each hand the dealer's dealt. But time taught me how to see every second as heaven even when they're perfectly disguised as hell.
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
May 20 2012 21:39 GMT
#34
On May 21 2012 06:31 Swiv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2012 06:28 Hulavuta wrote:
On May 21 2012 06:15 polyphonyEX wrote:
On May 21 2012 06:09 Hulavuta wrote:
Now I can be one of those hipsters that says: "I was a fan of viOlet before he won MLG"


I was a fan of viOlet before he started played SC2.


I was a fan of viOlet before he was born.

I was born when good jokes were made...


Well I wasn't, so give me a break. T_T
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
Disengaged
Profile Joined July 2010
United States6994 Posts
May 20 2012 21:41 GMT
#35
I thought Violet won a IEM.

How is this his first major win?
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
May 20 2012 21:43 GMT
#36
On May 21 2012 06:41 Disengaged wrote:
I thought Violet won a IEM.

How is this his first major win?


It's not, if was just a small error.
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
tree.hugger
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Philadelphia, PA10406 Posts
May 20 2012 21:47 GMT
#37
On May 21 2012 05:53 thimius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2012 02:13 thimius wrote:
I predict violet will vin vs stephano, stephano will drop down and either face mc and win and then lose again vs violet in the finals. or he will face symbol, lose and violet will win vs symbol in finals. either way i predict zvz finals. For the swarm!

AM I GOOD AT PREDICTING OR WHAT?=

You'll get a +1 from me! Perfect call!
ModeratorEffOrt, Snow, GuMiho, and Team Liquid
themask4f
Profile Joined December 2011
138 Posts
May 20 2012 21:55 GMT
#38
that title is racist
Hulavuta
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1252 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-20 22:17:31
May 20 2012 22:03 GMT
#39
On May 21 2012 06:55 themask4f wrote:
that title is racist


I'm pretty sure it's about him being "violet" and not anything to do with race...
Done with Team Liquid for a while. Don't expect to find me here.
themask4f
Profile Joined December 2011
138 Posts
May 20 2012 22:22 GMT
#40
On May 21 2012 07:03 Hulavuta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2012 06:55 themask4f wrote:
that title is racist


I'm pretty sure it's about him being "violet" and not anything to do with race...

didnt they ban destiny for something very similar?

User was warned for this post
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 259
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 259
JuggernautJason64
BRAT_OK 51
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24611
Mini 422
Hyuk 174
firebathero 167
ggaemo 129
Dewaltoss 95
Mong 51
Hyun 34
ToSsGirL 23
Dota 2
Gorgc8483
febbydoto11
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2785
Khaldor1392
crisheroes1245
Liquid`Hasu760
Other Games
FrodaN2442
fl0m976
Beastyqt800
mouzStarbuck240
KnowMe174
ArmadaUGS141
Mew2King55
Trikslyr47
Chillindude31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1051
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream51
Other Games
BasetradeTV2
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• StrangeGG 44
• Adnapsc2 19
• LUISG 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 34
• 80smullet 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9072
• WagamamaTV370
Other Games
• imaqtpie761
• Shiphtur283
• tFFMrPink 21
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 16m
INu's Battles
17h 16m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 16m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.