• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:27
CEST 10:27
KST 17:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11159 users

Interview: MLG's Adam Apicella & Lee Chen - Page 2

Forum Index > News
93 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
May 15 2012 15:24 GMT
#21
why cant they put some of that expenses on players and expand their prizepools?
fer
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada375 Posts
May 15 2012 15:25 GMT
#22
Some of the questions in this seem out of place / amateurish. Otherwise a good read.
WellPlayed.org <3
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
May 15 2012 15:31 GMT
#23
Very nice, but I hope they won't exclude non-Kespa starcraft 2 players in this qualification process for MLG.
antilyon
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Brazil2546 Posts
May 15 2012 15:31 GMT
#24
I'm not liking this partership...
KeSPA and MLG seem to have too much power on their hands and I just hope gom does't fall out of the map like happened with GOM Starleague.
ArchDC
Profile Joined May 2011
Malaysia1996 Posts
May 15 2012 15:36 GMT
#25
Great interview!
TBone-
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2309 Posts
May 15 2012 15:43 GMT
#26
I really, really dislike this exclusivity between gom and kespa. If gom players are denied access to these seedings than kespa players are getting advantages that gom players can't get.Thats bullshit for competition. Competition is about creating a competitive, and equal environment for all the players.
Eve online FC, lover of all competition
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
May 15 2012 15:46 GMT
#27
On May 16 2012 00:24 ThePhan2m wrote:
why cant they put some of that expenses on players and expand their prizepools?

Believe it or not, a lot of teams and players actually appreciate the expenses being covered regardless of where you place rather than playing for a bigger number that they might not even see a share of.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Lukeeze[zR]
Profile Joined February 2006
Switzerland6838 Posts
May 15 2012 15:48 GMT
#28
So, unproven kespa players will get an advantage over the actual gom sc2 stars like MVP, MMA, MC etc ? I hope not, it sounds so unfair. Doesn't look good for european tournaments either.
Terran & Potato Salad.
Metak
Profile Joined August 2011
296 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 15:51:29
May 15 2012 15:51 GMT
#29
While it might be a good development in that companies are trying to create profitable business models, this deal does feel kind of awkward. At first I was pretty confident this deal would be for the good but this interview stated some things that suddenly make the deal sound much more like an oligopoly.
While oligopolies (spelling?) are sort of common in the business world, I have a hard time understanding how this could be good for making the game more popular as a spectator sport.
Kilby
Profile Joined August 2010
Finland1069 Posts
May 15 2012 15:52 GMT
#30
I know Orlando is in Florida but does it have a beach?
ZombieRitual
Profile Joined August 2011
United States121 Posts
May 15 2012 15:58 GMT
#31
Reading this interview just after I woke up seriously made my morning. Thank you TL and MLG, I'm really looking forward to the future of the MLG-KesPA partnership and I will be there at MLG Anaheim!
31415926535
Profile Joined May 2012
Switzerland276 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 16:01:35
May 15 2012 16:00 GMT
#32
I don't really get the whole "players have to get an authorization from Kespa to play in another league". I mean, I get it from MLG/Kespa POV as they get the exclusivity on top players, but I don't see how this could benefit SC2 as a whole.

This seems really bad for foreign tournaments wanting to invite koreans (dreamhack, homestorycup, ironsquid). Basically, MLG/Kespa will have a monopoly on top players. If we had this situation when SC2 started, a lot of the high quality foreign tournaments would never have developed.
ronpaul012
Profile Joined March 2011
United States769 Posts
May 15 2012 16:00 GMT
#33
MLG keeps saying it's an equal partnership. So are they paying them or something? It does not seem like an equal partnership to this point, so there must be some hidden stuff.
I'm a gooner.
FidoDido
Profile Joined March 2011
United States1292 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 16:09:57
May 15 2012 16:05 GMT
#34
Awesome for fans but it might suck for some players.
Top 32 all Koreans? Very possible in the future.
And the thing about Kespa is, they never let their players play in another league.. it's always been this way.
In fact, they will publicly humiliate you through media etc if you break their rules.
Honestly speaking, I think it's better for fans and the players if everyone can decide where they want to play. Personally, I don't like these exclusivity they have over certain players.
LGIMSeed FantasyToss~~ Hipster Seed fan before he made Code A
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
May 15 2012 16:12 GMT
#35
On May 16 2012 01:00 31415926535 wrote:
I don't really get the whole "players have to get an authorization from Kespa to play in another league". I mean, I get it from MLG/Kespa POV as they get the exclusivity on top players, but I don't see how this could benefit SC2 as a whole.

This seems really bad for foreign tournaments wanting to invite koreans (dreamhack, homestorycup, ironsquid). Basically, MLG/Kespa will have a monopoly on top players. If we had this situation when SC2 started, a lot of the high quality foreign tournaments would never have developed.


With the GSL and Proleague Season 2 and even MLG, i doubt many korean players will go to other foreign tournament
apart from MLG.

Play your best
PlunderGames
Profile Joined December 2011
United States5 Posts
May 15 2012 16:15 GMT
#36
On May 16 2012 00:52 Kilby wrote:
I know Orlando is in Florida but does it have a beach?

Its close enough to one (~1 hour drive).
But why is the rum gone?
31415926535
Profile Joined May 2012
Switzerland276 Posts
May 15 2012 16:16 GMT
#37
On May 16 2012 01:12 FakeDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 01:00 31415926535 wrote:
I don't really get the whole "players have to get an authorization from Kespa to play in another league". I mean, I get it from MLG/Kespa POV as they get the exclusivity on top players, but I don't see how this could benefit SC2 as a whole.

This seems really bad for foreign tournaments wanting to invite koreans (dreamhack, homestorycup, ironsquid). Basically, MLG/Kespa will have a monopoly on top players. If we had this situation when SC2 started, a lot of the high quality foreign tournaments would never have developed.


With the GSL and Proleague Season 2 and even MLG, i doubt many korean players will go to other foreign tournament
apart from MLG.


Will Kespa players be even allowed to play in GSL ?
FakeDeath
Profile Joined January 2011
Malaysia6060 Posts
May 15 2012 16:21 GMT
#38
On May 16 2012 01:16 31415926535 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 01:12 FakeDeath wrote:
On May 16 2012 01:00 31415926535 wrote:
I don't really get the whole "players have to get an authorization from Kespa to play in another league". I mean, I get it from MLG/Kespa POV as they get the exclusivity on top players, but I don't see how this could benefit SC2 as a whole.

This seems really bad for foreign tournaments wanting to invite koreans (dreamhack, homestorycup, ironsquid). Basically, MLG/Kespa will have a monopoly on top players. If we had this situation when SC2 started, a lot of the high quality foreign tournaments would never have developed.


With the GSL and Proleague Season 2 and even MLG, i doubt many korean players will go to other foreign tournament
apart from MLG.


Will Kespa players be even allowed to play in GSL ?


Well that is a good question. I was under the assumption that Kespa players will be allowed to play in GSL and then GOM
players(MMA,DRG,MKP,MVP) are allowed to play in the Proleague Season 2 once the full transition happens at October.
Play your best
ragz_gt
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
9172 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-15 16:28:20
May 15 2012 16:28 GMT
#39
Not like KeSPA have any choice. As good as their players are, they need a year to catch up current top level SC2 player. A year of sub-par competition would totally destroy the KeSPA brand, so they have to infuse players from current player pool. What happens next would be interesting though.
I'm not an otaku, I'm a specialist.
See.Blue
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
United States2673 Posts
May 15 2012 16:29 GMT
#40
On May 16 2012 01:15 PlunderGames wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 16 2012 00:52 Kilby wrote:
I know Orlando is in Florida but does it have a beach?

Its close enough to one (~1 hour drive).


I think he's more worried if its close enough to the convention center for FBH to jump into it.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 121
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 833
Larva 515
ggaemo 443
Stork 293
Leta 182
PianO 142
Mind 96
Killer 40
Hyuk 29
Bale 27
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 19
League of Legends
JimRising 399
Reynor96
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1106
Other Games
summit1g10516
C9.Mang0250
Sick202
Mew2King123
ArmadaUGS46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick565
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream165
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2337
League of Legends
• Stunt1468
• Jankos829
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
1h 33m
Online Event
2h 33m
FEL
7h 33m
AI Arena Tournament
8h 33m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
10h 33m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 1h
INu's Battles
1d 3h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 10h
Replay Cast
1d 15h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.