• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:55
CEST 07:55
KST 14:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7070 users

[GSL] Code S RO16 Preview & Code A/S Recap - Page 4

Forum Index > News
77 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
-Celestial-
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom3867 Posts
April 18 2012 12:02 GMT
#61
Genius and Virus to go through for me. I can't help the feeling that Virus is going to be the surprise package for this season and could go quite far. And I just can't see Genius dropping enough games to go out here, despite the tough opposition. Its going to be pretty close though.
"Protoss simultaneously feels unbeatably strong and unwinnably weak." - kcdc
Kevan
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden2303 Posts
April 18 2012 12:06 GMT
#62
On April 18 2012 05:50 Greenei wrote:
Nani > Genius? you wish...

Nice call, schnarf(?). It should have been Nani = Genius.
SC2, rip in pepperinos
FlamingForce
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands701 Posts
April 18 2012 12:06 GMT
#63
On April 18 2012 21:02 Lightspeaker wrote:
Genius and Virus to go through for me. I can't help the feeling that Virus is going to be the surprise package for this season and could go quite far. And I just can't see Genius dropping enough games to go out here, despite the tough opposition. Its going to be pretty close though.


NaNi is already through, He shat on both Genius and Virus :')
lamo
Profile Joined March 2010
Lithuania17 Posts
April 18 2012 12:22 GMT
#64
Man, NaNi looked like something else today, he was on fire! he always looked solid, whether all-ining or double expanding. His builds just look like he knows what the opponent is going to do. Keep it up NaNi!!!
Talic_Zealot
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
688 Posts
April 18 2012 12:54 GMT
#65
Tastosis get absurdly hilarious in their exhausted oxygen-starved brain delirium.
There are three types of people in the universe: those who can count, and those who cant.
kruxey
Profile Joined September 2011
Bulgaria168 Posts
April 18 2012 12:58 GMT
#66
I hope the Naniwa haters will stop predicting him loosing every game after he is 8-1 in gsl...
Slunk
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Germany768 Posts
April 18 2012 14:55 GMT
#67
Awesome to see a white guy win in GSL! Nani playing the 2nd place from group B is rather good news as well.

Also awesome Tasteless quote:
-Who want some?
-I want some!
The_Darkness
Profile Joined December 2011
United States910 Posts
April 18 2012 15:09 GMT
#68
Poor Seal keeps getting matched against PvZ monsters -- JYP and Squirtle have the best PvZ in the world (at least statistically). Seal, IMO, definitely belongs in Code S.
To be is to be the value of a bound variable.
Snijjer
Profile Joined September 2011
United States989 Posts
April 18 2012 15:37 GMT
#69
On April 18 2012 06:22 testthewest wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 05:07 Snijjer wrote:
Who came up with the order of the article? Sort of dumb yeah having the first one that spoils the last one?


Common, please stop that "spoiler" crying. We all watched the GSL, we just here to read what TL thinks.
Every sports sites buts the spoilers straight in front, it is expected.
TL is not here to substitute the excitement of watching the VoDs.


Not everyone who came here to read watched the GSL.

I come here only to read the recaps because I don't have the time to watch the VoDs but am still interested in finding out what is happening.

What I am suggesting - putting results of 32 before the preview of 16 is not something that is incredibly difficult to do. It's plain common sense.
pewpew444
Profile Joined May 2011
United States121 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 19:12:31
April 18 2012 15:45 GMT
#70
Shinespark
Profile Joined June 2011
Chile843 Posts
April 18 2012 15:59 GMT
#71
I'm just waiting to the next article, where Naniwa's face will be front and center on TL again.

Naniwa hwaiting!
"I, for one, welcome our new Korean overlords."
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
April 18 2012 16:18 GMT
#72
I'm expecting this pic as the banner for tonights recap:
+ Show Spoiler [Ro16 Group A] +
[image loading]
][Primarch][
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 19:37:48
April 18 2012 16:19 GMT
#73
Mod can remove this post as certain people may take offense. Someone actually did (but hey it's the Internet)
Huge fan of Empire Kas, The Destroyer of Worlds, The Machine, The Second Terminator, The Supreme Robot!
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
April 18 2012 16:31 GMT
#74
My favorite one is "DRG Doesn't Have Time For This."
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
April 18 2012 17:01 GMT
#75
On April 18 2012 05:50 Greenei wrote:
Nani > Genius? you wish...


Oh its posts like these which make's Naniwas victory even more gratifying! I wasn't even really a Naniwa fan but it was amazing to see the amount of doubt (understandable) people had for him
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
April 18 2012 17:18 GMT
#76
On April 19 2012 01:19 ][Primarch][ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 08:36 bittman wrote:
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.


Maybe if he goes against Virus (the guy who looked so good against MC), but really:

Genius has never looked "bad" in PvP. He does have a loss to Naniwa in a Bo1 of course and it is PvP so anything goes. But still Genius has beaten most great PvPers except Oz and never lost a Bo3 PvP in GSL. Really have no idea how you think Genius should lose 9/10 PvPs to Naniwa, maybe 5/10.
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=sc2-korean&type=players&id=1894&part=games&vs=P&league=any&map=any&from_year=2010&from_month=9&from_day=13&to_year=2012&to_month=3&to_day=31&action=Update

Cheese or not, Supernova has always had pretty freaking good TvP. He had a poor season 1 with TvP, but in march he's beaten out Creator, Seed and Genius. If those aren't 3 good Protoss players you're crazy.
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=sc2-korean&type=players&id=26&part=games&vs=P&league=any&map=any&from_year=2011&from_month=1&from_day=30&to_year=2012&to_month=3&to_day=26&action=Update

Basically, if Naniwa doesn't drop a map I'll be shocked. Does he have a chance of getting through? Yeah sure he does, he probably got the best group of the lot. Would I put any money on it: no. Genius would get my money. Beyond that not as sure.


Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 10:11 Surgical_Strike wrote:
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.



Ummm I like naniwa too..,, and I was really glad to see him prove the haters wrong in ro32.. but are you serious? lets not forget that naniwa was 0-11 in the gsl going into his RO32 group. To say he could beat genius 9/10 is completely ridiculous. Its very hard to beat anyone with reasonable skill at this game 9/10 times. And this other thing about Naniwa being a young flash? I mean really guys? I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves here after Naniwa got 2 wins and took a group... your just setting him up for dissapointment and even stronger hate from the haters.


Yes breh I was serious...


I see you are the kind of person who gets maybe 1 prediction in 5 correct, then goes and quotes that prediction to "prove" to everyone that your prediction was correct.

What do you want? A medal?
DreamChaser
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
1649 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 19:19:27
April 18 2012 19:18 GMT
#77
On April 19 2012 02:18 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 01:19 ][Primarch][ wrote:
On April 18 2012 08:36 bittman wrote:
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.


Maybe if he goes against Virus (the guy who looked so good against MC), but really:

Genius has never looked "bad" in PvP. He does have a loss to Naniwa in a Bo1 of course and it is PvP so anything goes. But still Genius has beaten most great PvPers except Oz and never lost a Bo3 PvP in GSL. Really have no idea how you think Genius should lose 9/10 PvPs to Naniwa, maybe 5/10.
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=sc2-korean&type=players&id=1894&part=games&vs=P&league=any&map=any&from_year=2010&from_month=9&from_day=13&to_year=2012&to_month=3&to_day=31&action=Update

Cheese or not, Supernova has always had pretty freaking good TvP. He had a poor season 1 with TvP, but in march he's beaten out Creator, Seed and Genius. If those aren't 3 good Protoss players you're crazy.
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=sc2-korean&type=players&id=26&part=games&vs=P&league=any&map=any&from_year=2011&from_month=1&from_day=30&to_year=2012&to_month=3&to_day=26&action=Update

Basically, if Naniwa doesn't drop a map I'll be shocked. Does he have a chance of getting through? Yeah sure he does, he probably got the best group of the lot. Would I put any money on it: no. Genius would get my money. Beyond that not as sure.


On April 18 2012 10:11 Surgical_Strike wrote:
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.



Ummm I like naniwa too..,, and I was really glad to see him prove the haters wrong in ro32.. but are you serious? lets not forget that naniwa was 0-11 in the gsl going into his RO32 group. To say he could beat genius 9/10 is completely ridiculous. Its very hard to beat anyone with reasonable skill at this game 9/10 times. And this other thing about Naniwa being a young flash? I mean really guys? I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves here after Naniwa got 2 wins and took a group... your just setting him up for dissapointment and even stronger hate from the haters.


Yes breh I was serious...


I see you are the kind of person who gets maybe 1 prediction in 5 correct, then goes and quotes that prediction to "prove" to everyone that your prediction was correct.

What do you want? A medal?


Why do you care what type of person he is?

Do you want a medal for being a morally upright citizen of TL?
Plays against every MU with nexus first.
][Primarch][
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden302 Posts
April 18 2012 19:35 GMT
#78
On April 19 2012 02:18 SeaSwift wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2012 01:19 ][Primarch][ wrote:
On April 18 2012 08:36 bittman wrote:
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.


Maybe if he goes against Virus (the guy who looked so good against MC), but really:

Genius has never looked "bad" in PvP. He does have a loss to Naniwa in a Bo1 of course and it is PvP so anything goes. But still Genius has beaten most great PvPers except Oz and never lost a Bo3 PvP in GSL. Really have no idea how you think Genius should lose 9/10 PvPs to Naniwa, maybe 5/10.
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=sc2-korean&type=players&id=1894&part=games&vs=P&league=any&map=any&from_year=2010&from_month=9&from_day=13&to_year=2012&to_month=3&to_day=31&action=Update

Cheese or not, Supernova has always had pretty freaking good TvP. He had a poor season 1 with TvP, but in march he's beaten out Creator, Seed and Genius. If those aren't 3 good Protoss players you're crazy.
http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/details.php?section=sc2-korean&type=players&id=26&part=games&vs=P&league=any&map=any&from_year=2011&from_month=1&from_day=30&to_year=2012&to_month=3&to_day=26&action=Update

Basically, if Naniwa doesn't drop a map I'll be shocked. Does he have a chance of getting through? Yeah sure he does, he probably got the best group of the lot. Would I put any money on it: no. Genius would get my money. Beyond that not as sure.


On April 18 2012 10:11 Surgical_Strike wrote:
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.



Ummm I like naniwa too..,, and I was really glad to see him prove the haters wrong in ro32.. but are you serious? lets not forget that naniwa was 0-11 in the gsl going into his RO32 group. To say he could beat genius 9/10 is completely ridiculous. Its very hard to beat anyone with reasonable skill at this game 9/10 times. And this other thing about Naniwa being a young flash? I mean really guys? I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves here after Naniwa got 2 wins and took a group... your just setting him up for dissapointment and even stronger hate from the haters.


Yes breh I was serious...


I see you are the kind of person who gets maybe 1 prediction in 5 correct, then goes and quotes that prediction to "prove" to everyone that your prediction was correct.

What do you want? A medal?


First of all you don't know me at all so maybe you should not state that you know what kind of person I am.

Secondly there is something wrong with you, either you hate naniwa or you must be a very bitter person (maybe both). Cheer up and spread some happiness instead of the BM, that will help you a lot.
Huge fan of Empire Kas, The Destroyer of Worlds, The Machine, The Second Terminator, The Supreme Robot!
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 125
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1950
Shuttle 912
Dewaltoss 85
ggaemo 67
Hm[arnc] 51
Noble 29
Bale 27
ZergMaN 13
yabsab 11
soO 8
[ Show more ]
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
JimRising 630
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1139
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor698
Other Games
summit1g9068
C9.Mang0317
PiGStarcraft283
Mew2King139
ViBE51
ArmadaUGS48
trigger14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2320
League of Legends
• Rush1148
• Lourlo1144
• Stunt399
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 5m
OSC
16h 5m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.