• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:19
CEST 07:19
KST 14:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8313 users

[GSL] Code S RO16 Preview & Code A/S Recap - Page 3

Forum Index > News
77 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Surgical_Strike
Profile Joined April 2012
United States72 Posts
April 18 2012 01:11 GMT
#41
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.



Ummm I like naniwa too..,, and I was really glad to see him prove the haters wrong in ro32.. but are you serious? lets not forget that naniwa was 0-11 in the gsl going into his RO32 group. To say he could beat genius 9/10 is completely ridiculous. Its very hard to beat anyone with reasonable skill at this game 9/10 times. And this other thing about Naniwa being a young flash? I mean really guys? I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves here after Naniwa got 2 wins and took a group... your just setting him up for dissapointment and even stronger hate from the haters.
Anything worth doing, is worth doing right.
Jongl0
Profile Joined June 2011
631 Posts
April 18 2012 01:42 GMT
#42
DRG doesn't disappoint, so fun to watch. Too bad about HuK but it is what it is.
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
April 18 2012 01:56 GMT
#43
rofl did anyone else read DRG's report in Adam Jensen's voice from Deus Ex Human Revolution?

I never asked for this.
Super66
Profile Joined April 2012
Australia3 Posts
April 18 2012 02:17 GMT
#44
The DRG vs Revival series was hilarious, its like DRG was saying I dont need strategies against a Code A zerg pfft
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 02:30:17
April 18 2012 02:29 GMT
#45
Hasn't SocceR changed his name back to SocceR? The GOM website and broadcast changed his ID, he was playing using the Character ID SocceR, he's changed his ladder ID back to SocceR. Can we please forget that he ever had that name change and go back to calling him SocceR?
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
babylon
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
8765 Posts
April 18 2012 02:32 GMT
#46
On April 18 2012 11:29 pdd wrote:
Hasn't SocceR changed his name back to SocceR? The GOM website and broadcast changed his ID, he was playing using the Character ID SocceR, he's changed his ladder ID back to SocceR. Can we please forget that he ever had that name change and go back to calling him SocceR?

Your aversion towards "Ven" is kind of funny.

I do greatly prefer him as SocceR though.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
April 18 2012 02:34 GMT
#47
On April 18 2012 11:32 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 11:29 pdd wrote:
Hasn't SocceR changed his name back to SocceR? The GOM website and broadcast changed his ID, he was playing using the Character ID SocceR, he's changed his ladder ID back to SocceR. Can we please forget that he ever had that name change and go back to calling him SocceR?

Your aversion towards "Ven" is kind of funny.

I do greatly prefer him as SocceR though.

Because it's a godawful nickname that makes HopeTorture look good. At least you could make puns from HopeTorture.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
April 18 2012 04:07 GMT
#48
On April 18 2012 11:32 babylon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 11:29 pdd wrote:
Hasn't SocceR changed his name back to SocceR? The GOM website and broadcast changed his ID, he was playing using the Character ID SocceR, he's changed his ladder ID back to SocceR. Can we please forget that he ever had that name change and go back to calling him SocceR?

Your aversion towards "Ven" is kind of funny.

I do greatly prefer him as SocceR though.

I feel like a terrible SocceR fan now, I didn't know Ven == SocceR. It was never brought up (while I was paying attention). Good to know he hadn't disappeared, but instead picked up a terrible ID.
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
FATJESUSONABIKE
Profile Joined November 2011
184 Posts
April 18 2012 07:46 GMT
#49
"And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa."

aLive begs your pardon?

;-) I'm afraid you might be disappointed by your probe-rushing and disrespectful foreigner fan favorite.
Keidy
Profile Joined June 2009
253 Posts
April 18 2012 08:03 GMT
#50
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.

I just love this post. Dont agree but stil love it haha. Hope you are right though
Proxy22
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark9 Posts
April 18 2012 09:53 GMT
#51
Naniwa hahaha

Showing the haters how it's done.
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3773 Posts
April 18 2012 09:58 GMT
#52
NaNiwa!
RolleMcKnolle
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Germany1054 Posts
April 18 2012 10:58 GMT
#53
thanks a lot for all the work you people put in here. It's always good to read about the games, that you can't watch
FlamingForce
Profile Joined September 2011
Netherlands701 Posts
April 18 2012 11:33 GMT
#54
On April 18 2012 10:11 Surgical_Strike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.



Ummm I like naniwa too..,, and I was really glad to see him prove the haters wrong in ro32.. but are you serious? lets not forget that naniwa was 0-11 in the gsl going into his RO32 group. To say he could beat genius 9/10 is completely ridiculous. Its very hard to beat anyone with reasonable skill at this game 9/10 times. And this other thing about Naniwa being a young flash? I mean really guys? I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves here after Naniwa got 2 wins and took a group... your just setting him up for dissapointment and even stronger hate from the haters.


Tell me, bro.

How you feelin' right now?
nihlon
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden5581 Posts
April 18 2012 11:35 GMT
#55
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.


I don't know what wizard gosu stuff you use to make you predictions but keep them coming!
Banelings are too cute to blow up
Shinespark
Profile Joined June 2011
Chile843 Posts
April 18 2012 11:38 GMT
#56
On April 18 2012 08:54 Shinespark wrote:
Naniwa will 2-0 his group again.


I called it.
"I, for one, welcome our new Korean overlords."
zanga
Profile Joined September 2011
659 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-18 11:41:00
April 18 2012 11:39 GMT
#57
The Dragonslayer has become a Dragon!

4-0 in games today, sup sons? :')

So far he has only lost ONE map.. making it total 8-1 in games in this code S since Ro32.
(:
PsyChoRo
Profile Joined October 2010
Romania85 Posts
April 18 2012 11:40 GMT
#58
omg naniwa !! that was, for me at least, an unexpected result but i am glad i was proven wrong . gl in ro8
stumpgrinder
Profile Joined April 2012
Sweden4 Posts
April 18 2012 11:40 GMT
#59
nani 2 - 0 -------> kleen 'N ezi
suddendeathTV
Profile Joined January 2012
Sweden388 Posts
April 18 2012 11:50 GMT
#60
On April 18 2012 10:11 Surgical_Strike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2012 08:18 ][Primarch][ wrote:
I can't see any of these players be close to Naniwa, as stupid as it sounds for some Naniwa would eat Genius a live in any kind of extended series, obviously he could get lucky but naniwa should win 9/10 PvP vs genius. And there no terrans in the world except Polt, Mkp and Jakjii that can stand up to Naniwa. Supernova and Virus best have some really good cheese in store to have any chance to take a map vs Nani.

In the ro 32 thread with naniwa I predicted Naniwa not dropping a map (I was wrong as he did drop one map) and I offer up the same prediction again.



Ummm I like naniwa too..,, and I was really glad to see him prove the haters wrong in ro32.. but are you serious? lets not forget that naniwa was 0-11 in the gsl going into his RO32 group. To say he could beat genius 9/10 is completely ridiculous. Its very hard to beat anyone with reasonable skill at this game 9/10 times. And this other thing about Naniwa being a young flash? I mean really guys? I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves here after Naniwa got 2 wins and took a group... your just setting him up for dissapointment and even stronger hate from the haters.


Just gotta read this OOOOONE more time...
Information is everything
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 76
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2102
Shuttle 1015
Dewaltoss 86
Hm[arnc] 38
Bale 31
Noble 30
ZergMaN 14
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm159
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1146
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor656
Other Games
summit1g7556
PiGStarcraft294
C9.Mang0279
Mew2King158
RuFF_SC268
ViBE61
ArmadaUGS45
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream77
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 34
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2321
League of Legends
• Lourlo1124
• Rush1090
• Stunt366
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
7h 41m
OSC
16h 41m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 4h
Online Event
1d 5h
FEL
1d 10h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.