• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:31
CEST 09:31
KST 16:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War435.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror TL Sidebar missing streams Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9663 users

First Glimpse: 2012 Battle.Net World Championship - Page 9

Forum Index > News
216 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
January 26 2012 17:25 GMT
#161
Thanks Kennigit and Waxangel, this is amazing.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Captain Peabody
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States3137 Posts
January 26 2012 17:26 GMT
#162
Sounds really cool. Hopefully, it will all go smoothly.

For ESPORTS!
Dies Irae venit. youtube.com/SnobbinsFilms
dsll
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom143 Posts
January 26 2012 17:30 GMT
#163
Finally. A tournament that WILL crown a WORLD CHAMPION of sc2 !
Damwing
Profile Joined May 2011
Switzerland19 Posts
January 26 2012 17:34 GMT
#164
Holy mother of god World Championship of SC O.O
cant wait already for them to start!
Syrupjuice
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States173 Posts
January 26 2012 17:42 GMT
#165
I am very glad to hear that Blizzard is at least working on something eSports related. I was getting worried with the things Riot games was doing (pumping millions into tournament winnings). But, I like Bliaazrd's approach and idea to make Starcraft a legitamate sport. Now, we will have to wait and see if it really works. but, I believe they have the means to make it work. Hopefully their team has the right mindste and pulls it out well.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more news about the grassroots tier and other events and formats they are going to do.
KookyMonster
Profile Joined January 2012
United States311 Posts
January 26 2012 17:51 GMT
#166
This looks cool! It will definitely expand eSports more on a global scale. I am glad Blizzard puts forth effort in the development of this community, as it is a very new (in terms of the grand scheme of things) to the world.
Paper is Imba. Scissors is fine. -Rock
zarepath
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States1626 Posts
January 26 2012 18:16 GMT
#167
If Blizzard is committed to WoL competition for the rest of the year, what if all the other major tournaments did the same thing? This way pros could continue to compete in WoL at a high level while building up their skill in HotS so that they're ready for the eventual switch.

I know pros aren't likely to practice two different games at once, but the main thing I'm worried about for an instant HOTS switch is how rough the metagame's going to be at first. Delaying the professional switch until 2013 will certainly mitigate that, I think.
"Your efforts you put in will never betray you." - Flash | "If I'm not good enough, I don't wanna win." - Naniwa
Louis8k8
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada285 Posts
January 26 2012 18:17 GMT
#168
I hope blizzard and associates would put effort into a stable, non-laggy streaming host. With free LQ stream only, and paid subscrption HQ stream+vods. And I hope the organizer gets some attention from big sponsors for future tournaments. They make such a huge difference for the prize pool and tournament size (matches, and player count).
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
January 26 2012 18:17 GMT
#169
Good to see Blizzard getting involved. I was kind of worrried about how quiet things were on the blizzard side of SC2.
magnaflow
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada1521 Posts
January 26 2012 18:21 GMT
#170
On January 27 2012 03:16 zarepath wrote:
If Blizzard is committed to WoL competition for the rest of the year, what if all the other major tournaments did the same thing? This way pros could continue to compete in WoL at a high level while building up their skill in HotS so that they're ready for the eventual switch.

I know pros aren't likely to practice two different games at once, but the main thing I'm worried about for an instant HOTS switch is how rough the metagame's going to be at first. Delaying the professional switch until 2013 will certainly mitigate that, I think.



How much of a difference will there really be? It's just a few units being added. I could be completely wrong but I can see most srats being the same with a few of the new units sprinkled in till things kind of get figured out a bit more. It's not like we are going to see some crazy strat with new units only.

Things will definatley change but the game isn't going to be flipped around and completely different.
zanga
Profile Joined September 2011
659 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 18:37:20
January 26 2012 18:33 GMT
#171
Woooooooooooooooooow...... (e^pi*i)+(1) SICKNESS!


Obviously there will be some hassles and minor problems here and there since there will be many parties involved... But WOW this is really cool! *__*

I hope for an incredible SICKO' Final in asia with an enormous prize trophy!
(:
youngminii
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Australia7514 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 19:33:47
January 26 2012 19:33 GMT
#172
Looks like they're taking over the gap that WCG created (by crashing and burning, that is).

Kudos.


On January 27 2012 03:21 magnaflow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 03:16 zarepath wrote:
If Blizzard is committed to WoL competition for the rest of the year, what if all the other major tournaments did the same thing? This way pros could continue to compete in WoL at a high level while building up their skill in HotS so that they're ready for the eventual switch.

I know pros aren't likely to practice two different games at once, but the main thing I'm worried about for an instant HOTS switch is how rough the metagame's going to be at first. Delaying the professional switch until 2013 will certainly mitigate that, I think.



How much of a difference will there really be? It's just a few units being added. I could be completely wrong but I can see most srats being the same with a few of the new units sprinkled in till things kind of get figured out a bit more. It's not like we are going to see some crazy strat with new units only.

Things will definatley change but the game isn't going to be flipped around and completely different.

Uhh, lol..
lalala
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
January 26 2012 20:19 GMT
#173
But the kind of excitement that exists for eSports in Asia, and especially in recent times in China made us choose Asia this year.

I have a feeling there is much more to it than that. I know Blizzard had massive troubles introducing the Pandaren race in WoW due to Pandas being copyrighted by the Chinese Government. No one is allowed to market Pandas there without the consent of the ruling party. I suppose now they are beginning to show what price they payed for getting a panda license (promoting China).
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
Laneir
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1160 Posts
January 26 2012 20:25 GMT
#174
This is great can't wait report growing everyday
Follow me on Instagram @Chef_Betto
Endymion
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States3701 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-26 21:00:37
January 26 2012 20:59 GMT
#175
lol.. "the prize pool isn't important, working with someone as prestigious as blizzard is what is" what a joke, blizzard is so conceited to think that just because their name is on something it improves the value of it. In fact, seeing the name "battle.net" on a tournament just reminds me how much of a joke and a devolution their current system is compared to WC3 and BWs... fucking blizzard, stop wasting your money on this bullshit and make a battlenet 3.0 that is at least comparable to iccup or fish.. or steam... or battlelog.....

edit RAGE TYPOS!!!!
Have you considered the MMO-Champion forum? You are just as irrational and delusional with the right portion of nostalgic populism. By the way: The old Brood War was absolutely unplayable
Khaine
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden75 Posts
January 26 2012 21:57 GMT
#176
This seems really interesting!
Qpad mk-80 / Logitech G9
Glurkenspurk
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1915 Posts
January 26 2012 21:59 GMT
#177
On January 27 2012 05:19 Paladia wrote:
But the kind of excitement that exists for eSports in Asia, and especially in recent times in China made us choose Asia this year.

I have a feeling there is much more to it than that. I know Blizzard had massive troubles introducing the Pandaren race in WoW due to Pandas being copyrighted by the Chinese Government. No one is allowed to market Pandas there without the consent of the ruling party. I suppose now they are beginning to show what price they payed for getting a panda license (promoting China).


This was all rumors and was proven to not be the case in multiple blizz interviews.
Paladia
Profile Joined August 2003
802 Posts
January 26 2012 22:01 GMT
#178
On January 27 2012 06:59 Odal wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 05:19 Paladia wrote:
But the kind of excitement that exists for eSports in Asia, and especially in recent times in China made us choose Asia this year.

I have a feeling there is much more to it than that. I know Blizzard had massive troubles introducing the Pandaren race in WoW due to Pandas being copyrighted by the Chinese Government. No one is allowed to market Pandas there without the consent of the ruling party. I suppose now they are beginning to show what price they payed for getting a panda license (promoting China).


This was all rumors and was proven to not be the case in multiple blizz interviews.

Are you saying anyone is allowed to use Pandas in China? Could you provide some links to those interviews?
I can no longer rest under the tree of wisdom, since you have axed down the roots feeding it.
ClysmiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2192 Posts
January 26 2012 22:17 GMT
#179
Grassroots is EXACTLY what we need to grow. I wholeheartedly agree that "stunts" like million dollar prize pools won't help the scene. They are too transient. While I usually disagree with most of Blizzard's philosophy's I like this one. I just hope that they practice it the same way they speak of it.
swordboy
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada299 Posts
January 26 2012 22:29 GMT
#180
On January 27 2012 07:01 Paladia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2012 06:59 Odal wrote:
On January 27 2012 05:19 Paladia wrote:
But the kind of excitement that exists for eSports in Asia, and especially in recent times in China made us choose Asia this year.

I have a feeling there is much more to it than that. I know Blizzard had massive troubles introducing the Pandaren race in WoW due to Pandas being copyrighted by the Chinese Government. No one is allowed to market Pandas there without the consent of the ruling party. I suppose now they are beginning to show what price they payed for getting a panda license (promoting China).


This was all rumors and was proven to not be the case in multiple blizz interviews.

Are you saying anyone is allowed to use Pandas in China? Could you provide some links to those interviews?



Panda is not the portrait of Chairman Mao, I have no idea why Chinese government would overreact to this.
MarineKing | ThorZaIN | IMMvp | MMA | Sase | Sen | Kas
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Free 1473
BeSt 286
Soulkey 152
Soma 145
sorry 116
Mind 71
Bale 26
ZergMaN 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 13
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
JimRising 603
Counter-Strike
edward85
Other Games
summit1g9173
Coldzera 694
WinterStarcraft688
C9.Mang0264
Sick178
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick705
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2234
Other Games
• Shiphtur522
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
2h 29m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
4h 29m
AI Arena Tournament
9h 29m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
11h 29m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 2h
Patches Events
1d 7h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.