• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:29
CEST 05:29
KST 12:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6402 users

[MLG] DC Recap - Page 4

Forum Index > News
90 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Meapak_Ziphh
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6789 Posts
October 19 2010 19:47 GMT
#61
This series made me really like Huk, what a great player and fun personality.
Forti et Fideli ~ TL Mafia Forum: Come play with us! ~ Go Samsung KHAN, Stork, JangBi , Shine, Grape, and TurN Fighting!~ wat
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
October 19 2010 19:56 GMT
#62
oh man huk. i dont follow the SC2 scene at all. just heard a few names from TL dinners. So I saw this guy wearing a TL shirt when a bunch of people went to lunch. I asked him who he was and he replies "how do you not know me? I'm on Team Liquid" so i said "well I post there too, who are you? lol" and he said "no i'm on the team liquid". I didn't know huk got invited. all i knew was ret, nony, jinro, twisted, etc... so i had no idea who he was. he's a little arrogant, but i guess after all of the attention it can get to people. lol. And apparently he's pretty good.

it was cool going there. i slept all through saturdays events so didn't show up then. but it was cool meeting ret, idra, and white-ra who i had been fans of in BW. cool to see them do well in SC2 as well. as well as meeting Select, and seeing slog again. they're really cool guys.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
PangO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Chile1870 Posts
October 19 2010 19:58 GMT
#63
Very nice Recap.
We had a little bit of everything at MLG, hope next time it would be even better.
In Economics, the majority is always wrong. aka: MattRz
CheeseGrater
Profile Joined August 2010
United States290 Posts
October 19 2010 20:20 GMT
#64
I had an awesome time at MLG. Playing in this tourney definitely boosted my confidence + motivation to catch up to the level of these guys. My damn full time job makes it hard, but I'll try I had a great time and it was a pleasure getting pwned by Nadagast and incontrol.
suejak
Profile Joined March 2010
Japan545 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-19 20:30:13
October 19 2010 20:27 GMT
#65
On October 20 2010 04:56 CaucasianAsian wrote:
oh man huk. i dont follow the SC2 scene at all. just heard a few names from TL dinners. So I saw this guy wearing a TL shirt when a bunch of people went to lunch. I asked him who he was and he replies "how do you not know me? I'm on Team Liquid" so i said "well I post there too, who are you? lol" and he said "no i'm on the team liquid". I didn't know huk got invited. all i knew was ret, nony, jinro, twisted, etc... so i had no idea who he was. he's a little arrogant, but i guess after all of the attention it can get to people. lol. And apparently he's pretty good.

To be honest, I wouldn't call that arrogance. I mean, I'm positive HuK is arrogant, but I'd also be blown away if you claimed to be a TL poster but didn't know anything about HuK. How is that even possible?
Are you human?
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
October 19 2010 20:50 GMT
#66
On October 20 2010 05:27 suejak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2010 04:56 CaucasianAsian wrote:
oh man huk. i dont follow the SC2 scene at all. just heard a few names from TL dinners. So I saw this guy wearing a TL shirt when a bunch of people went to lunch. I asked him who he was and he replies "how do you not know me? I'm on Team Liquid" so i said "well I post there too, who are you? lol" and he said "no i'm on the team liquid". I didn't know huk got invited. all i knew was ret, nony, jinro, twisted, etc... so i had no idea who he was. he's a little arrogant, but i guess after all of the attention it can get to people. lol. And apparently he's pretty good.

To be honest, I wouldn't call that arrogance. I mean, I'm positive HuK is arrogant, but I'd also be blown away if you claimed to be a TL poster but didn't know anything about HuK. How is that even possible?



i dont follow SC2. he is relatively new (i've been lurking/posting since early 04) compared to me, and havent read the SC2 section since the day it was created before beta was released.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
suejak
Profile Joined March 2010
Japan545 Posts
October 19 2010 20:53 GMT
#67
On October 20 2010 05:50 CaucasianAsian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2010 05:27 suejak wrote:
On October 20 2010 04:56 CaucasianAsian wrote:
oh man huk. i dont follow the SC2 scene at all. just heard a few names from TL dinners. So I saw this guy wearing a TL shirt when a bunch of people went to lunch. I asked him who he was and he replies "how do you not know me? I'm on Team Liquid" so i said "well I post there too, who are you? lol" and he said "no i'm on the team liquid". I didn't know huk got invited. all i knew was ret, nony, jinro, twisted, etc... so i had no idea who he was. he's a little arrogant, but i guess after all of the attention it can get to people. lol. And apparently he's pretty good.

To be honest, I wouldn't call that arrogance. I mean, I'm positive HuK is arrogant, but I'd also be blown away if you claimed to be a TL poster but didn't know anything about HuK. How is that even possible?



i dont follow SC2. he is relatively new (i've been lurking/posting since early 04) compared to me, and havent read the SC2 section since the day it was created before beta was released.

All of this was pretty clear from your post. It doesn't really change anything, man... HuK is a big deal on this site.

Welcome to Team Liquid.
Are you human?
hhrn
Profile Joined May 2010
157 Posts
October 19 2010 21:04 GMT
#68
On October 20 2010 05:53 suejak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2010 05:50 CaucasianAsian wrote:
On October 20 2010 05:27 suejak wrote:
On October 20 2010 04:56 CaucasianAsian wrote:
oh man huk. i dont follow the SC2 scene at all. just heard a few names from TL dinners. So I saw this guy wearing a TL shirt when a bunch of people went to lunch. I asked him who he was and he replies "how do you not know me? I'm on Team Liquid" so i said "well I post there too, who are you? lol" and he said "no i'm on the team liquid". I didn't know huk got invited. all i knew was ret, nony, jinro, twisted, etc... so i had no idea who he was. he's a little arrogant, but i guess after all of the attention it can get to people. lol. And apparently he's pretty good.

To be honest, I wouldn't call that arrogance. I mean, I'm positive HuK is arrogant, but I'd also be blown away if you claimed to be a TL poster but didn't know anything about HuK. How is that even possible?



i dont follow SC2. he is relatively new (i've been lurking/posting since early 04) compared to me, and havent read the SC2 section since the day it was created before beta was released.

All of this was pretty clear from your post. It doesn't really change anything, man... HuK is a big deal on this site.

Welcome to Team Liquid.


Lol that guy has 50x your number of posts
CHosEN
teko
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1197 Posts
October 19 2010 21:59 GMT
#69
Then we should say: Welcome to SC2 Team Liquid
suejak
Profile Joined March 2010
Japan545 Posts
October 19 2010 22:05 GMT
#70
On October 20 2010 06:59 teko wrote:
Then we should say: Welcome to SC2 Team Liquid

Well, if you wanna neuter what I said of all literary power, ya.
Are you human?
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
October 19 2010 23:10 GMT
#71
It was an awesome event but it would've been more awewsome to posiblly watch IdrA rage!! still great games by IdrA

(I wasn't there, saw some of it online)
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
Agh
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1105 Posts
October 19 2010 23:14 GMT
#72
On October 19 2010 23:54 PainUser wrote:
Idra is actually a really chill guy. He is pretty far from arrogant and most of his statements make perfect sense to me. And everyone thinks the race they play is the weakest.


This.

Everyone may or may not think they are the best, but at the bare minimum everyone there is expecting to win. Doesn't really make sense to imply that someone is arrogant in that regard.
I may appear to be an emotionless sarcastic pos, but just like an onion when you pull off more and more layers you find the exact same thing everytime and you start crying
SkyBlade
Profile Joined October 2010
United Kingdom16 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 03:17:51
October 20 2010 03:16 GMT
#73
I'm sure when we will see the true legends playing SC2 then we will all see what those arrogant stars are made of.

Personally, thats why i love Boxer. If he wins or loses, he actually do spend a couple of seconds to press the hand of the winner/loser, to show him that we all playing a game, and he do respect his opponents.

That's exactly what makes you, a legend.
That is many tank? yes?
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
October 20 2010 04:31 GMT
#74
Sorry this is a bit off-topic, but for MLG Dallas, can we pay $25 up front or we need to buy the pass online?
teamsolid
Profile Joined October 2007
Canada3668 Posts
October 20 2010 04:38 GMT
#75
On October 20 2010 05:50 CaucasianAsian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 20 2010 05:27 suejak wrote:
On October 20 2010 04:56 CaucasianAsian wrote:
oh man huk. i dont follow the SC2 scene at all. just heard a few names from TL dinners. So I saw this guy wearing a TL shirt when a bunch of people went to lunch. I asked him who he was and he replies "how do you not know me? I'm on Team Liquid" so i said "well I post there too, who are you? lol" and he said "no i'm on the team liquid". I didn't know huk got invited. all i knew was ret, nony, jinro, twisted, etc... so i had no idea who he was. he's a little arrogant, but i guess after all of the attention it can get to people. lol. And apparently he's pretty good.

To be honest, I wouldn't call that arrogance. I mean, I'm positive HuK is arrogant, but I'd also be blown away if you claimed to be a TL poster but didn't know anything about HuK. How is that even possible?



i dont follow SC2. he is relatively new (i've been lurking/posting since early 04) compared to me, and havent read the SC2 section since the day it was created before beta was released.

You don't have to follow SC2 to read the front page articles....
CaucasianAsian
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Korea (South)11601 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 07:24:40
October 20 2010 07:21 GMT
#76
if im not interested in it, why would i read it?

i dont care who you are, treat me with respect, and i'll do the same. if you act as if its unheard of to not be recognized instantly, and gawk in how ignorant someone is in a 4 month old game, i consider that to be ill mannered. I don't follow Starcraft 2. I don't follow every tiny tournament about this game, so why should I know who some kid is wearing a TeamLiquid shirt. There were many people wearing TL shirts, myself included, and I have no problem introducing myself to anyone. I don't think everyone should know who I am because I have X amount of posts, or I was a practice partner for X pro gamer.

TorcH on the other hand, I recognized him from an interview he had during WCG, and he was very modest, and a real chill guy. Much respect for him.
Calendar@ Fish Server: `iOps]..Stark
Atlas_550
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States180 Posts
October 20 2010 08:58 GMT
#77
On October 20 2010 08:10 TemplarCo. wrote:
It was an awesome event but it would've been more awewsome to posiblly watch IdrA rage!! still great games by IdrA

(I wasn't there, saw some of it online)


I just enjoyed watching IdrA's games because I was figuring out how to defend my econ build against the early harrass (Kiwi games anyone?). Still haven't have a chance to analyze IdrA's ZvT yet. Atleast his current ZvT.
Noxie
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2227 Posts
October 20 2010 12:07 GMT
#78
Loved meeting everyone in DC. It was a great event and I think the top 7 really worked hard to be there. Goodluck all players in dallas!
Garalor
Profile Joined March 2010
Germany136 Posts
October 20 2010 15:22 GMT
#79
any news about VODs? would LOVE to watch the hole event!
emq
Profile Joined October 2010
Poland3 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-20 16:08:15
October 20 2010 15:48 GMT
#80
On October 21 2010 00:22 Garalor wrote:
any news about VODs? would LOVE to watch the hole event!

i second that :S

edit: nevermind
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2426
NotJumperer 13
Shinee 13
Noble 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever941
NeuroSwarm209
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft334
Other Games
summit1g7218
Coldzera 765
JimRising 672
C9.Mang0401
PiGStarcraft265
ArmadaUGS24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick989
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream343
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo775
• Rush590
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 31m
Afreeca Starleague
6h 31m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
20h 31m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 7h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.