• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:35
CEST 06:35
KST 13:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9582 users

Telecom Behemoth SK Telecom to Sponsor Boxer - Page 2

Forum Index > News
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
April 08 2004 15:50 GMT
#21
On April 09 2004 00:48 DV8 wrote:
Yeah I remember walking home from school one day and pausing when I saw a van that read "starcraft" it looked like crap but I couldn't stop laughing at the idea.

Hah, yeah. I saw one at a red light once and I was like "woah!"
benzoic-acid
Profile Joined February 2004
Korea (South)427 Posts
April 08 2004 15:54 GMT
#22
there's probably less than 10 in all of korea
C6H7O2
exalted
Profile Blog Joined March 2004
United States3612 Posts
April 08 2004 15:54 GMT
#23
They look shitty thoguh :/
too easy
mensrea
Profile Joined September 2002
Canada5062 Posts
April 08 2004 15:57 GMT
#24
The new ones in Korea look very cool. All souped up. They're usually used to shuttle singers and actors. KTF has one for its team, as well.
actus non facit reum, nisi mens sit rea.
mensrea
Profile Joined September 2002
Canada5062 Posts
April 08 2004 16:02 GMT
#25
On April 09 2004 00:54 benzoic-acid wrote:
there's probably less than 10 in all of korea


More.
actus non facit reum, nisi mens sit rea.
Carnac
Profile Blog Joined December 2003
Germany / USA16648 Posts
April 08 2004 16:56 GMT
#26
this car is going to own, omg

4U needs a second Zerg player? I'm just noticing this again...

thx mensrea for your news
ModeratorHi! I'm a .signature *virus*! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!
benzoic-acid
Profile Joined February 2004
Korea (South)427 Posts
April 08 2004 17:02 GMT
#27
SK is really an awesome company....If i had to put money into any Korean company it'd be second on my list
C6H7O2
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33705 Posts
April 08 2004 17:28 GMT
#28
who needs zerg when you have ILoveoov
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Honk2000
Profile Joined April 2003
Germany698 Posts
April 08 2004 19:06 GMT
#29
but boxer needs definitely a stronger zerg practise partner.
luminosity_
Profile Joined September 2003
Canada378 Posts
April 08 2004 19:18 GMT
#30
On April 09 2004 04:06 Honk2000 wrote:
but boxer needs definitely a stronger zerg practise partner.


yeah and i could use a night with elle macphearson.


but boxer's tvz is good enough imo. he needs to train his tvt and tvp much more, and he has top class playing partners from oov and kingdom! hehe
Levu
Profile Joined January 2004
Germany675 Posts
April 08 2004 19:47 GMT
#31
holy shit, this sounds like fun
the 4U-KTF games are not the battles of titans yay

but i agree with the flaw of not having a good zerg - reven if the team is equipped with great other players, a good zerg is somehow necessary in my mind
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you. - Terry Pratchett
{CC}StealthBlue
Profile Blog Joined January 2003
United States41117 Posts
April 08 2004 20:12 GMT
#32
HOLY FUCK :WS:
"Smokey, this is not 'Nam, this is bowling. There are rules."
4.Aiur
Profile Joined October 2002
United States995 Posts
April 08 2004 20:29 GMT
#33
I'm not from Korea. I've never been to Korea. I sort of know SC is big in Korea, but that's it. So, excuse my ignorance. But exactly HOW big is SC in Korea? I can't fathom that any company would get a return on this kind of investment for a game that is mostly followed by teenagers and people in their early 20's.

How often is SC on TV in Korea? Is it on "national" TV or on a cable channel? What kind of ratings does SC get in comparison to other sports or activities (what other sports are big in Korea?).

I mean, I've seen the SC bags of Doritos and SC pictures on backpacks and cans of Coke and stuff...but I really have no clue how big it is. I mean, you watch the OSL VOD's and apart from the finals, it looks like you have a few dozen, maybe 60-100 people watching. Didn't they used to broadcast from a mall or something? And even the OSL finals...do those people pay to watch? I thought they didn't...but if they do, how much? It just doesn't seem so huge to me to be able to support the kind of money being paid.

Some Korean person plz enlighten me.
I have returned.
[Soul]GyunTae
Profile Joined March 2003
Korea (South)174 Posts
April 08 2004 20:42 GMT
#34
SK korea in big 4



1.samsung 2.hyundae 3.LG 4.sk 5.KT


posco,hanhwa,dongA,sinsege,CJ,dongbu,dongyang,Daewoo,hyosung,Kcc ....
dddd
ZZZnachor
Profile Joined October 2003
Poland200 Posts
April 08 2004 21:44 GMT
#35
On April 09 2004 05:29 4.Aiur wrote:
I'm not from Korea. I've never been to Korea. I sort of know SC is big in Korea, but that's it. So, excuse my ignorance. But exactly HOW big is SC in Korea? I can't fathom that any company would get a return on this kind of investment for a game that is mostly followed by teenagers and people in their early 20's.

How often is SC on TV in Korea? Is it on "national" TV or on a cable channel? What kind of ratings does SC get in comparison to other sports or activities (what other sports are big in Korea?).

I mean, I've seen the SC bags of Doritos and SC pictures on backpacks and cans of Coke and stuff...but I really have no clue how big it is. I mean, you watch the OSL VOD's and apart from the finals, it looks like you have a few dozen, maybe 60-100 people watching. Didn't they used to broadcast from a mall or something? And even the OSL finals...do those people pay to watch? I thought they didn't...but if they do, how much? It just doesn't seem so huge to me to be able to support the kind of money being paid.

Some Korean person plz enlighten me.


I heard that about 500k was watching some ogn finals.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
April 08 2004 23:37 GMT
#36
Well cell phones are a HUGE market in Korea, and teenagers and young adults are usually the biggest market for cell phones.
benzoic-acid
Profile Joined February 2004
Korea (South)427 Posts
April 09 2004 00:03 GMT
#37
On April 09 2004 08:37 Klogon wrote:
Well cell phones are a HUGE market in Korea, and teenagers and young adults are usually the biggest market for cell phones.


more like EVERYONE from age 15-60. Plus, all adults use cell phones and use them more than younger people
C6H7O2
EvilTeletubby
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Baltimore, USA22261 Posts
April 09 2004 00:26 GMT
#38
(SKT took in revenues of US $8.2 billion in 2003 alone - some serious resource gathering macro!).


Moderatorhttp://carbonleaf.yuku.com/topic/408/t/So-I-proposed-at-a-Carbon-Leaf-concert.html ***** RIP Geoff
useLess
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
United States4781 Posts
April 09 2004 00:59 GMT
#39

hoLy crap- thats a lot of money..
Moonlight Shadow
mensrea
Profile Joined September 2002
Canada5062 Posts
April 09 2004 01:42 GMT
#40
On April 09 2004 05:29 4.Aiur wrote:
I'm not from Korea. I've never been to Korea. I sort of know SC is big in Korea, but that's it. So, excuse my ignorance. But exactly HOW big is SC in Korea? I can't fathom that any company would get a return on this kind of investment for a game that is mostly followed by teenagers and people in their early 20's.

How often is SC on TV in Korea? Is it on "national" TV or on a cable channel? What kind of ratings does SC get in comparison to other sports or activities (what other sports are big in Korea?).

I mean, I've seen the SC bags of Doritos and SC pictures on backpacks and cans of Coke and stuff...but I really have no clue how big it is. I mean, you watch the OSL VOD's and apart from the finals, it looks like you have a few dozen, maybe 60-100 people watching. Didn't they used to broadcast from a mall or something? And even the OSL finals...do those people pay to watch? I thought they didn't...but if they do, how much? It just doesn't seem so huge to me to be able to support the kind of money being paid.

Some Korean person plz enlighten me.


You are mostly correct in the information you've recited. I have not done research into exact TV ratings, so I cannot say for sure - and so I won't try hazarding a guess.

In a way tho, you're questions are moot. The companies that are sponsoring pro gaming teams these days are not run-of-the-mill, fly-by-night operations that are one interest rate hike away from bankruptcy. They are multi-billion dollar operations with serious money at stake. They also have some of the top business brains in the world working for them and rest assured if they've decided it's worth it to spend several million dollars a year sponsoring a pro gaming team, then it is. These are multinational corporations and they are not into charity.
actus non facit reum, nisi mens sit rea.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft377
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta69
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft597
PiGStarcraft377
RuFF_SC2 192
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 160
Horang2 149
Leta 98
Hyuk 56
PianO 25
Bale 12
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
League of Legends
JimRising 655
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox712
C9.Mang0276
Westballz40
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor612
Other Games
summit1g9433
Coldzera 804
Sick130
ViBE79
ArmadaUGS38
Liquid`Ken8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick781
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream100
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2101
League of Legends
• Lourlo1151
• Stunt373
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 25m
Online Event
6h 25m
FEL
11h 25m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 25m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 25m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.