• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:59
CEST 12:59
KST 19:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8187 users

[SC2B] Total Rawr (TLI Spoilers) - Page 5

Forum Index > News
106 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
March 28 2010 23:43 GMT
#81
On March 29 2010 07:43 towel wrote:
wasnt kennigit going to ban the next person who asked about that?

Only people from europe this time maity


he's already banned several
:O
Snausages
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States529 Posts
March 29 2010 02:38 GMT
#82
i love how a lot of users on YouTube criticize Day9 for his "retard commentary"
teaaaaaaaa
ThunderGod
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
New Zealand897 Posts
March 29 2010 02:56 GMT
#83
The game which hooked me again was Supreme Commander an excellent RTS which didnt get the credit it deserved

TA was better.
"Certain forms of popular music nowadays, namely rap and hip hop styles, are just irritating gangsters bragging about their illegal exploits and short-sighted lifestyles." - Shiverfish ~2009
TLOBrian
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States453 Posts
March 29 2010 07:20 GMT
#84
After watching the semifinals and finals, I have to say the player that deserved to win did not.

Why?

TheLittleOne's OVERALL better play, his creative new builds, and his ability to adapt as games drag on.

TheLittleOne's polite demeanor. When I read WhiteRa's comments, then read TheLittleOne's, I thought WhiteRa sounded... Well I don't want to start a flame war here, so lets just say he sounded a teeny weeny bit arrogant.

How lucky WhiteRa was with his scouting and attacks on expansions, almost right when they came up. If I didn't respect WhitaRa as a player from his SC1 days, I would be screaming MAP HACKS all over the place.

TheLittleOne PLAYS FREAKIN' RANDOM.

So basically those are my thoughts. I've been a long time reader on the TL forums and just now signed up, because I thought I had to say something about this, and in my mind, TheLittleOne steamrolled WhiteRa in his caliber as a player.

Steven Bonnell II is the friggin man.
ooni
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Australia1498 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-29 09:24:46
March 29 2010 09:24 GMT
#85
On March 29 2010 16:20 TLOBrian wrote:
After watching the semifinals and finals, I have to say the player that deserved to win did not.

Why?

TheLittleOne's OVERALL better play, his creative new builds, and his ability to adapt as games drag on.

TheLittleOne's polite demeanor. When I read WhiteRa's comments, then read TheLittleOne's, I thought WhiteRa sounded... Well I don't want to start a flame war here, so lets just say he sounded a teeny weeny bit arrogant.

How lucky WhiteRa was with his scouting and attacks on expansions, almost right when they came up. If I didn't respect WhitaRa as a player from his SC1 days, I would be screaming MAP HACKS all over the place.

TheLittleOne PLAYS FREAKIN' RANDOM.

So basically those are my thoughts. I've been a long time reader on the TL forums and just now signed up, because I thought I had to say something about this, and in my mind, TheLittleOne steamrolled WhiteRa in his caliber as a player.



Even Jaedong doesn't win all of his matches. He's best with ZvZ but he doesn't win every time in ZvZ. Flash or other top players don't win every time. SC, SC2 and all RTS for that matter has a luck factor to it (mostly due to timing of attacks and unit composition). Higher macro/micro and creativity does not mean you will win every game. It only increases the chance of winning.

I do agree WhiteRa is less creative but he's a solid player. He doesn't crumble under pressure and know what to do in most of situations. WhiteRa was thrown off guard by TLO's innovative play but he responded accordingly. WhiteRa at the end won because TLO randomed protoss a lot. WhiteRa is possibly one of the best PvP players in SC2. If TLO concentrates on one race (plz let it be terran) I believe TLO will be a great SC2 progamer.
Hi!
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
March 29 2010 11:05 GMT
#86
is it or are 2 out of every 3 games in the replay pack the same?
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
March 29 2010 11:27 GMT
#87
On March 29 2010 16:20 TLOBrian wrote:
After watching the semifinals and finals, I have to say the player that deserved to win did not.

Why?

TheLittleOne's OVERALL better play, his creative new builds, and his ability to adapt as games drag on.

TheLittleOne's polite demeanor. When I read WhiteRa's comments, then read TheLittleOne's, I thought WhiteRa sounded... Well I don't want to start a flame war here, so lets just say he sounded a teeny weeny bit arrogant.

How lucky WhiteRa was with his scouting and attacks on expansions, almost right when they came up. If I didn't respect WhitaRa as a player from his SC1 days, I would be screaming MAP HACKS all over the place.

TheLittleOne PLAYS FREAKIN' RANDOM.

So basically those are my thoughts. I've been a long time reader on the TL forums and just now signed up, because I thought I had to say something about this, and in my mind, TheLittleOne steamrolled WhiteRa in his caliber as a player.



White-Ra really isn't arrogant as far as I can tell. The reason he wasn't giving nice, long answers and the reason he might not come across as a pillar of modesty or something in this interview is because we had a very short amount of time and the guy doesn't speak english well. TLO is certainly a nice guy and he gave a nice interview but blame me for getting short and seemingly curt answers out of White-Ra.

From the brief interaction I had with him, he seems like a decent guy.

That said, they both played really well. Can't wait for the NA tourny.
:O
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
March 29 2010 11:27 GMT
#88
On March 29 2010 20:05 zizou21 wrote:
is it or are 2 out of every 3 games in the replay pack the same?


That's to avoid spoilers when browsing the replays.
:O
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
March 29 2010 11:39 GMT
#89
oh lol i am dumb :p

Man, that Morrow vs TheLittleOne game on Metropolis was painful to watch...
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
Drazzzt
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany999 Posts
March 29 2010 12:37 GMT
#90
TLO claims not to be a mechanical player, but as far as i have seen he's got one of the highest APM in SC2 during TLI. Good luck to u, TLO!
Be Nice, Be Fair, Be Mannered.
Drazzzt
Profile Joined September 2002
Germany999 Posts
March 29 2010 12:39 GMT
#91
On March 29 2010 20:39 zizou21 wrote:
oh lol i am dumb :p

Man, that Morrow vs TheLittleOne game on Metropolis was painful to watch...


I think Morrow played terrible. Spamming Marauders all game...uah. I'd expected some more.
Be Nice, Be Fair, Be Mannered.
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
March 29 2010 13:46 GMT
#92
Totally awesome games, love the Day[9] commentating and spent an awesome few hours watching these.
SC2 is already in my eyes far more interesting to watch than SC1 and it can only get better as play develops.
Yay to White-ra for winning especially as he has always shown class and manner. Yay to TLO for taking 2nd because his playstyle in just this tournament will, I think, change the way certain races are played and open up peoples eyes to how unique you can get with sc2. Yay to all the rest of the contenders for interesting games and making this a super spiffy TL invitational! Yay also to TL for making this happen...made my day off very entertaining!

Now to go rewatch that tlo v nazgul and tlo v ra game2 because they were both so incredibly fun to spectate that I require a 2nd viewing ^_^
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
Nighthorns
Profile Joined March 2010
United States7 Posts
March 29 2010 14:48 GMT
#93
hey, i'm new and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but can someone direct me to a place i can download the VOD's for this tournament. I love to watch SC2 tourneys on my ipod between classes. I could use a firefox addon to dl the youtube videos, but didn't know if there was better way. (torrent, direct download links, etc.) Thanks!

Also, just wanna say what a great tournament, and great shoutcasting by Day[9], don't get yourself electrocuted by your webcam!
chobopeon
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
United States7342 Posts
March 29 2010 16:56 GMT
#94
On March 29 2010 23:48 Nighthorns wrote:
hey, i'm new and sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but can someone direct me to a place i can download the VOD's for this tournament. I love to watch SC2 tourneys on my ipod between classes. I could use a firefox addon to dl the youtube videos, but didn't know if there was better way. (torrent, direct download links, etc.) Thanks!

Also, just wanna say what a great tournament, and great shoutcasting by Day[9], don't get yourself electrocuted by your webcam!


VODs are in the original post on youtube. I don't see anything in the tracker, so you'll have to download it from youtube i guess. that's not really a big deal, if you google around there's easy ways to do this.
:O
Navane
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Netherlands2762 Posts
March 29 2010 18:09 GMT
#95
the vod of - Hide Spoiler [Ro4 - Nazgul vs TheLittleOne] - is not complete. It is only game 1 and 2. The stream apparently resetted after these.
zizou21
Profile Joined September 2006
United States3683 Posts
March 29 2010 18:25 GMT
#96
On March 29 2010 21:39 Drazzzt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 29 2010 20:39 zizou21 wrote:
oh lol i am dumb :p

Man, that Morrow vs TheLittleOne game on Metropolis was painful to watch...


I think Morrow played terrible. Spamming Marauders all game...uah. I'd expected some more.


Ya i kno.. At one point he had 4 expos and still no starport irrc..
its me, tasteless,s roomate LOL!
BroOd
Profile Blog Joined April 2003
Austin10833 Posts
March 30 2010 00:06 GMT
#97
On March 29 2010 16:20 TLOBrian wrote:
After watching the semifinals and finals, I have to say the player that deserved to win did not.

Why?

TheLittleOne's OVERALL better play, his creative new builds, and his ability to adapt as games drag on.

TheLittleOne's polite demeanor. When I read WhiteRa's comments, then read TheLittleOne's, I thought WhiteRa sounded... Well I don't want to start a flame war here, so lets just say he sounded a teeny weeny bit arrogant.

How lucky WhiteRa was with his scouting and attacks on expansions, almost right when they came up. If I didn't respect WhitaRa as a player from his SC1 days, I would be screaming MAP HACKS all over the place.

TheLittleOne PLAYS FREAKIN' RANDOM.

So basically those are my thoughts. I've been a long time reader on the TL forums and just now signed up, because I thought I had to say something about this, and in my mind, TheLittleOne steamrolled WhiteRa in his caliber as a player.



What an absolutely bizarre post. It's one thing to cheer for a player you like or compliment his style, but it's a completely different thing to make subtle accusations and tear down another player to do so.

Yes, TLO is good. He's creative, dynamic, and yes, very polite. But so is White-Ra. He's widely considered one of the most mannered foreigners around.

The fact that you'd attribute his wins to pure luck, and not his notorious preparation and thoughtfulness, is pretty insulting.
ModeratorSIRL and JLIG.
NiGoL
Profile Joined September 2008
1868 Posts
March 30 2010 00:09 GMT
#98
really gj white-ra
and gj Thelittleone on those games ;d
http://www.twitter.com/NiGoLBW playing league on a competitive level
Synwave
Profile Joined July 2009
United States2803 Posts
March 30 2010 00:15 GMT
#99
What I think is humorous is how tlobrian thinks White-ra's scouting was lucky. Sign of high level play is how they know exactly when and where to be at just the right time to learn what is going on on the map. When an opponent attacks my expansion just as it goes up I don't mentally think "oh that lucky sob!" instead I think "wow nice skill."

There are always people that view skill as luck and it says a whole lot about their ability to perceive the world around them.

TLO showed awesome adaptability and really unique gameplay, I was blown away. White-ra showed pure unadulterated preparation for anything and everything, combined with intensely crisp play. It was a pure pleasure to watch both of them especially because of the diverse styles of play clashing head to head in the final!
♞Nerdrage is the cause of global warming♞
Danka
Profile Blog Joined January 2004
Peru1018 Posts
March 30 2010 09:35 GMT
#100
I have to say the title of this thread spoiled the results for me. I guess its not obvious but I figured it out.
Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 4
Leta vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 15983
StarCastTV_EN376
Liquipedia
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
TBD vs Percival
TBD vs Krystianer
CranKy Ducklings81
CranKy Ducklings SOOP18
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko109
ProTech24
OGKoka 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 10926
Jaedong 5301
EffOrt 2705
BeSt 1159
actioN 865
Killer 640
Soma 574
Horang2 508
ZerO 485
Pusan 428
[ Show more ]
Zeus 238
Stork 211
Rush 158
JYJ 148
Barracks 116
ToSsGirL 55
Mong 52
HiyA 50
Bale 29
Sexy 28
Terrorterran 27
Sharp 26
Shinee 25
sorry 20
NaDa 18
Noble 11
JulyZerg 9
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc4973
XaKoH 398
League of Legends
Reynor50
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft2288
crisheroes1754
Other Games
gofns59776
singsing1409
olofmeister918
byalli557
Livibee217
Pyrionflax136
ArmadaUGS54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick518
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream330
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 248
StarCraft 2
WardiTV16
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH365
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1769
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
13h 1m
Kung Fu Cup
1d
The PondCast
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.