• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:00
CEST 20:00
KST 03:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8152 users

[TSL] Morrow Interview

Forum Index > News
94 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All

[TSL] Morrow Interview

Text byHot_Bid
December 23rd, 2009 02:51 GMT
[image loading]


We interviewed a few more TSL Ro48 qualified players about their experience on the TSL Ladder and their thoughts on the upcoming TSL Ro48 Qualifiers. Check out the TSL Top 48 Qualifier Groups, where you can find where your favorite player finished and who he's scheduled to play in the TSL Round of 48.

(T)(se)MorroW surprised everyone by finishing #2 in the TSL Ladder, even making a late run to steal Idra's #1 position. Morrow is known for his strong personality and while many believe he will not advance to the Top 16, he is confident and eager to show his true ability.

[image loading]


Interview with ex-v1o)Morrow

Congratulations on qualifying! Were you ever worried about getting into the TSL?

Well at first I assumed that it was going to be very hard considering the prize pool. But as I laddered I noticed that I was going to qualify and I never really fell into any slump or loss streak so I never felt like I won't get Top 48.

You almost overtook IdrA for the top spot at the very end of the ladder. Tell us about your plan to get #1.

Haha well the last day was fun at first some people were telling me, "You should try for #1" and i said "Yeah sure haha" just as a joke. But later on in the day I realized that Idra would go to sleep before me and that would be my big chance to climb. About 1k points were needed if I remember correctly, in about 6 hours. It almost worked but unfortunately the clock ended at 4:00 CET and Idra even woke up during the end, so then I just gave up.

You finished #2. Did you ever expect to finish this high?

I actually expected more people to try harder. Most people in the Top 12 realized Idra will be #1, accepted it, and settled down. It wasn't so competitive inside the Top 12, I think if these good gamers like (Z)(nl)Ret tried to get above me, they probably could. So no I didn't expect to become #2 but I definitely expected to finish Top 12.

Since you are a new face, many people doubt your position. Are you eager to show them that you deserve such a spot?

Well there has been a lot of talk about me and my rank on the forum, plus there have been a lot of people on ICCup who have opinions and are not afraid of holding back. They tell me what they think of me, but then again, it has always been like this since I started playing 1x1, people have always flamed me and have had low expectations of me so I'm getting pretty used to it.

I'm looking forward to playing my TSL games and proving to people that I'm not just a noob who only got in by cheesing. But I'm also eager to see how far I can get. One of the biggest reasons I play tournaments is just to test myself and find out how good I really am, since laddering is just practice and rank doesn't really proove anything

You made some very funny images during the ladder. Do you have any good BM stories? Any particularly memorable incidents?

Haha actually I don't remember most of my stories. But I have had a good number of flame wars with many people. These people who BM me in the ladder are just angry they lost so I make fun of them. I wouldn't consider myself a BM gamer, I'm just a person who is not afraid to speak my mind and there are a lot of players who push me to do that. I try to just ignore it but its hard sometimes.

Most recently would be the whole (Z)(us)iNcontroL stuff. I asked for 3 games then he said OK, then after 2 games (I think) I said I have to go. Then he thought I was lying and dodging, so he started flaming me and brought it up on TL. Then I flamed him back and overreacted quite a bit. The next day I played him more, humiliated him in a game, BM'd him, and posted the replay on TL.net. I'm not proud of this incident and I hope we can forgive and forget, just like many other incidents I've had with various gamers during my days of competitive gaming.

Anyone else you want to clear the air with? Our community certainly loves its player drama.

Well actually I have apologized and cleared the air with pretty much everyone who I regret BMing. For example the Swedish gamers who I suspected of cheating last Dreamhack. I said sorry to them and they forgave me. Another example would be like (P)(ca)TT1 or (Z)(pl)Shad. I mean, almost all top foreigners I can think of at some point hated each other but now we can help each other with strategies. Then there are people (P)(pl)MistrZZZ, (Z)(pe)CaStrO, and (T)(us)IdrA or whoever that I can still make fun of because they don't put any effort into saying sorry. I have tried to talk to them to clear the air with certain gamers, but they have just rejected me.

Most recently during TSL I thought I was cool with (Z)(de)Mondragon when we had some good TSL games but a day or two ago he banned me from Op ToT again, and still has not told me why ^.^ I think there is a lot happening behind my back that I have no idea about. I feel like some people are happy with me some days and other days dislike me. I just like almost everyone and I'm always ready to forgive and forget.

Maybe you can ask Mondragon to unban you from the channel if you play him in the TSL.

If he makes that far to face me though. XD 8D

What do you think of your group? What are your chances against OctZerg, Kolll, and Naugrim? All of your possible opponents are Zerg, and your TvZ is your best match up right?

OctZerg I feel very confident against, as he is one of those gamers that once you figure him out and beat him, you won't lose to again. Just play safe and I should win that easy. Kolll i played recently in ESL and won 2-1 and he was telling me about that he has been slumping lately and I could also notice in his performance that he wasn't really on top of his game. I think its hard to tell if I would win against Kolll but if he plays like he did last time, I should probably win. Naugrim I played at Dreamhack and lost 0-3, but I feel like I have a 50%+ chance to win against him if I face him.

TvZ is my best match up that's right, but to be fair it's really close with my TvP. This map pool is fairly good, not one of those map pools where you can complain for any race really. Considering all of them have to ZvZ with each other while I can focus on TvZ is gonna give me the practice edge, on top of that it's winter vacation for like 3 weeks where I can nerd out hardcore style. So I'd give myself a 60% chance of advancing, but I understand if most think thats too high.

Well, 60% is not unreasonable for a self-prediction, since you only have to beat one player in a Bo5.

Yea exactly, finishing #2 in the ladder stage was very rewarding.

Did you look at the other groups? Who do you want to advance and which group do you think is the hardest?

I'm happy OctZerg manged to get into R2. To be honest, I dont think my "friends" should advance, I'm a gamer in this tournament too so its every man for himself. I won't help my friends with their games because I want the very worst gamers to advance For example, normally in a clan war I could help (P)(at)Gamtja by telling him how to stop this Terran build, but in a tournament like this I'd prefer a lesser Terran to cheese him and knock him out because that will make it easier for me. Maybe that sounds selfish, but it's an individual tournament after all.

So do the ex-v1o players practice with each other a lot?

Well we don't have any set times to practice with each other or anything like that, but we are friendly to each other and open to helping each other with all kinds of problems. I actually practiced and helped Mana quite a bit because he joined ex-v1o, but then when he left for ESC. That kinda bugged me because I spent a lot of time to help him with TvP and when he left I stopped practicing with him. But I did practice quite a lot with ex-v1o)Predator during the TSL, and I've also practiced with ex-v1o)Enivid which helped me too. I think that's why a clan is good, that you have people that you can count on to help you when you have an important game coming up.

Have you looked at the other groups? Which group do you think is the hardest?

Each group seems to have one "lesser" gamer at least. (Z)(se)HayprO has been slumping a lot lately and (T)(pl)Sawyer is pretty inactive, but I think if both of them were in top shape, I think that could possibly be the hardest group. I have a lot of respect for all the gamers in that group. But Group G and F are really high level too. It's hard to say which group is hardest, because it's hard to know how much these gamers are going to practice.

Personally I would never want to be in a group with a Terran gamer, so I'm very happy to be in my group even though I might face arguably two top notch ZvT players. If I could be #1 in the ladder and be where (P)(us)NonY and Idra are, that would make me happy, even though there is a Terran in that group ((T)(de)HoRRoR) but that's the only position I'd prefer to be in over mine.

You made quite a few fans with your honest and interesting interviews -- do you have anything to say to them?

Well thanks for all the support, it's a really nice to hear some boosting for once. Mostly I just get idiots who flame me and I have no idea who they are. But lately I've gotten more support than hate^^

Thank you, and good luck!
Thanks. I hope you guys enjoy my TSL replay pack


There will be many more interviews with the other TSL Top 48 qualifiers soon. Until then, enjoy the replay packs that have been released by the players, and discuss the TSL Qualifier Groups with other fans.



This TSL is sponsored by PokerStrategy.com, the world's largest poker school and community. With hundreds of Poker VODs and an assortment of learning material in 18 different languages, PokerStrategy.com offers the chance for aspiring Poker players to learn from a beginner to a professional level.
Facebook Twitter Reddit
@Hot_Bid on Twitter - ESPORTS life since 2010 - http://i.imgur.com/U2psw.png
Sentient66
Profile Joined July 2009
United States651 Posts
December 23 2009 02:54 GMT
#2
My dick is hard.

Really looking forward to TSL!!! Cool interview!
seNsiX.421
Titusmaster6
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States5937 Posts
December 23 2009 02:59 GMT
#3
Love the interviews lately, all very fun and informative! Wish Morrow gl hf in TSL
Shorts down shorts up, BOOM, just like that.
HazMat
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States17077 Posts
December 23 2009 03:01 GMT
#4
I love morrows rep pack, 8rax is so fun to watch. Going to look for the louder game
www.youtube.com/user/ShakeDrizzle | League and SSBM content creator | Armada's Youtube Editor
CaptainPlatypus
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States852 Posts
December 23 2009 03:05 GMT
#5
Gogo morrow! Thanks for the interview guys.
ItsPaul
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia177 Posts
December 23 2009 03:05 GMT
#6
Nice interview, I have gone from not caring at all about Morrow to quite intruiged to see how he goes in his group, especially if Kolll is slumping. GL!
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
December 23 2009 03:09 GMT
#7
You made quite a few fans with your honest and interesting interviews -- do you have anything to say to them?


I'm one of them!
ModeratorGood content always wins.
DivinO
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States4796 Posts
December 23 2009 03:15 GMT
#8
Hope iNc forgives him!
LiquipediaBrain in my filth.
MasterReY
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Germany2708 Posts
December 23 2009 03:19 GMT
#9
haha cool interview. Lately i saw morrow playing more and more standard games :O
Still i dont think he can do alot in this TSL. Prolly wont qualify if he meets kolll or naugrim.
If he qualifies he will go out in first round^^
https://www.twitch.tv/MasterReY/ ~ Biggest Reach fan on TL.net (Don't even dare to mention LR now) ~ R.I.P Violet ~ Developer of SCRChart
TL+ Member
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
December 23 2009 03:20 GMT
#10
nice interview,
pretty interesting guy
beep boop
Archaic
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States4024 Posts
December 23 2009 03:30 GMT
#11
I'm starting to like this Morrow kid.
Starshaped
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Sweden575 Posts
December 23 2009 03:32 GMT
#12
Sweden #1
My Starcraft 2, gaming and e-sports-related blog: http://starshapedthoughts.blogspot.com/
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
December 23 2009 03:38 GMT
#13
rofl... octzerg lololol
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
yes9111
Profile Joined May 2009
United States420 Posts
December 23 2009 03:40 GMT
#14
Morrow sounds like a nice person as long as you don't piss him off
Just became another player to watch for besides Kolll, Ret, and Idra
STORK WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Lucktar
Profile Joined July 2008
United States526 Posts
December 23 2009 03:40 GMT
#15
Nice to see somebody who doesn't take himself too seriously. Gogo Morrow
NaDa, much, ZerO fighting!
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
December 23 2009 03:41 GMT
#16
damn i wish morrow took #1... that would give TL something to talk about until TSL
:)
No_eL
Profile Joined July 2007
Chile1438 Posts
December 23 2009 03:41 GMT
#17

You made quite a few fans with your honest and interesting interviews -- do you have anything to say to them?

Well thanks for all the support, it's a really nice to hear some boosting for once. Mostly I just get idiots who flame me and I have no idea who they are. But lately I've gotten more support than hate^^


you have all my support right now, you're a clever and nice guy after all =) gl men!
Beat after beat i will become stronger.
datscilly
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States529 Posts
December 23 2009 03:46 GMT
#18
Those images are indeed hilarious. When I initially saw the first image, my impression was of someone with a good all in build, and wanted to show it off, but in fact it was by the eventual #2 ladder.
foeffa
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Belgium2115 Posts
December 23 2009 03:48 GMT
#19
Very interesting. GL Morrow! ^_^
觀過斯知仁矣.
mark05
Profile Joined March 2009
Canada807 Posts
December 23 2009 04:05 GMT
#20
gl dawg
yes, I'm MarkOhFive
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM758
TKL 267
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 758
ByuN 320
mouzHeroMarine 278
TKL 267
UpATreeSC 70
BRAT_OK 51
MindelVK 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18010
Calm 3009
Shuttle 975
Horang2 450
Dewaltoss 150
Rush 83
Zeus 50
Free 37
sorry 30
Trap 22
[ Show more ]
Bale 19
ToSsGirL 19
scan(afreeca) 19
PianO 15
Rock 14
Aegong 12
Sacsri 8
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi1200
LuMiX0
League of Legends
KnowMe52
Counter-Strike
fl0m4307
pashabiceps1039
x6flipin818
Fnx 626
edward39
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King58
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu37
Other Games
singsing1955
Grubby1686
Liquid`RaSZi1614
Beastyqt714
C9.Mang0315
B2W.Neo307
crisheroes264
IndyStarCraft 169
420jenkins168
dupreeh165
QueenE110
Trikslyr90
JuggernautJason16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH291
• EnkiAlexander 25
• Hinosc 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2666
• WagamamaTV597
League of Legends
• Nemesis3130
• TFBlade621
Other Games
• Shiphtur789
• imaqtpie571
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 1m
INu's Battles
17h 1m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 1m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.