• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:08
CEST 22:08
KST 05:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7876 users

Liquipedia Strategic Q&A - Episode I

Forum Index > News
95 CommentsPost a Reply
Normal

Liquipedia Strategic Q&A - Episode I

Text byAesop
September 7th, 2009 08:46 GMT
When the off-season started, depression set in:
On August 30 2009 17:58 okum wrote:
I just realized that the TL calendar is empty now. I feel all empty inside; my life has no meaning -_-
fear no more ...


[image loading]

artwork by Pholon

Modern Mech TvZ - Overhyped or Overpowered?

EST Saturday 9/12 - 15:00
CET Saturday 9/12 - 21:00
KST Sunday 9/13 - 04:00


We invited some experts to talk an up-to-date strategy topic on ventrilo. While this may prove to be useful input to the new iCCup season, start up a Mech section at liquipedia, explain recent trends and shifts in meta-game, the main focus is on everyone having a great time. We proudly present:

The Hosts

Ver, Liquipedia Head of Terran Strategy
Chill, Liquipedia Head of Zerg Strategy, Strategy Forum Moderator

The Experts

[image loading][image loading] Day[9], Audio-Advisor, Top Zerg Player, USA WCG representative 2004/05, member of the Plott family.
(T)(us)Artosis, commentator, videomaker, omnipresent in WCG USA, representative in 2004. The soul of ESPORTS.
(T)(us)IdrA, professional gamer on the CJ Entus team, winner of the Valor Tournament and the ESL Extreme Masters.

The Format
  • Where? - The Q&A will be held on Ventrilo and broadcast via Livestream, similarly like the last TL Q&A. At the same time, our channel #liquipedia is open for discussion about the event.
  • What do I need to join? - Just join the livestream channel, it will even display below the calendar.

The Preparation

We won't just talk out of thin air. In agreement with the experts, we picked some games to watch beforehands. Questions about these games can and should be asked, and references might be made to some moves inside of them. The games are:

Flash vs. Effort on Destination, Korean WCG Qualifier
Near-perfect mech play on Destination
+ Show Spoiler [VOD] +

Skyhigh vs. Jaedong on Destination, SPL Ace Match
How to counter mech on Destination
+ Show Spoiler [VOD] +

Canata vs. Jaedong on Heartbreak Ridge, Avalon MSL
A Fake-mech variant w/ valks
+ Show Spoiler [VOD] +


Your Part?
  • Watch the games!
  • Submit questions in the Q&A Question Thread.
  • Join us on Ventrilo and ask questions live!
  • Edit the new findings into Liquipedia


Have fun preparing, asking questions, and most importantly, enjoy this unique event!

Liquipedia staff
Facebook Twitter Reddit
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-07 13:09:52
September 07 2009 13:08 GMT
#2
Will the experts be watching the games live on stream, an audio commentary of sorts? That would be a lot of fun, hearing their opinions.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Skeggaba
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Korea (South)1556 Posts
September 07 2009 13:09 GMT
#3
Sweet!
This is extra appreciated due to the long and boring off-season.
Bisu[about JD]=I was scared (laughs). The force emanating from his facial expression was so manly that I was even a little jealous.
ThePhan2m
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Norway2751 Posts
September 07 2009 13:12 GMT
#4
IM SO HYPED! this is gonna be great! :D
riptide
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
5673 Posts
September 07 2009 13:14 GMT
#5
This is gonna rock. Thanks for putting this together.
AdministratorSKT T1 | Masters of the Universe
StalkerSC
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada378 Posts
September 07 2009 13:14 GMT
#6
This will be so awsome...

I have a question though, are the terran stratergies going to be updated because....they are outdated atm with like TvT and TvP...
Thanks~
IIf your good at Starcraft, Your good at life. - Artosis
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-07 13:19:08
September 07 2009 13:16 GMT
#7
Nice idea Pholon and Aesop :D Also Pholon I admit your banners look better with the TL background than Windows Picture and Fax Viewer n_n

Can't wait to see the results of this or even participate if I would be so bold.

BTW - needs a Protoss expert to be complaining about imba T all the time :3
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
Rjx5(LT)
Profile Joined April 2004
Canada27 Posts
September 07 2009 13:18 GMT
#8
Yeah, thats a good idea, can't wait to watch this :D
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
September 07 2009 13:19 GMT
#9
I'm looking forward to this event more than anything else in September. HUGE PROPS to the liquipedia team for setting this up.
ModeratorGodfather
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
September 07 2009 13:20 GMT
#10
On September 07 2009 22:14 StalkerSC wrote:
This will be so awsome...

I have a question though, are the terran stratergies going to be updated because....they are outdated atm with like TvT and TvP...
Thanks~

I think the plan is to hold a bunch of these over the coming months and transfer the information form those chats into liquipedia. So yea, we'll do TvP/TvT and whatnot in the future
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
September 07 2009 13:24 GMT
#11
I'm excited. Are you excited? I'm EXCITED!
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
mptj
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States485 Posts
September 07 2009 13:25 GMT
#12
this is awesome. Can't wait for it! Meching terran vs zerg is trhe most interesting matchup to me.
"Only the Good Die Young"
Alur
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Denmark3900 Posts
September 07 2009 13:50 GMT
#13
This is very impressive and i sure as hell will tune in. However i dont think this will be of that much use to me, since my largest faults still lie within mechanics.
AKA No can Dazzle | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlTpX7z3Pok
TL+ Member
Neivler
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Norway911 Posts
September 07 2009 13:55 GMT
#14
Overpowered 4 sure.
I pwn noobs
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
September 07 2009 13:56 GMT
#15
I think this will be amazing to watch even if you can't directly apply it to your own skills. I really enjoy listening to high level discussion like this, so thanks Liquipedia guys :D !
Julmust
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Sweden4867 Posts
September 07 2009 14:03 GMT
#16
Amazing idea guys!
AdministratorI'm dancing in the moonlight
Scaramanga
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Australia8093 Posts
September 07 2009 14:03 GMT
#17
Holyshit this is awsome, too bad i cant listen in live T_T
Loda talked about the fun counter, it's AdmiralBulldog on his natures prophet
Ideas
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States8178 Posts
September 07 2009 14:06 GMT
#18
Can't wait :D
Free Palestine
valaki
Profile Joined June 2009
Hungary2476 Posts
September 07 2009 14:11 GMT
#19
TL, you are esports.
ggaemo fan
synapse
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
China13814 Posts
September 07 2009 14:26 GMT
#20
wow, this is such a good idea... seriously.
:)
Nal_rAwr
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2611 Posts
September 07 2009 14:26 GMT
#21
teamliquid should set up a Day[9] vs IdrA Bo5
Nony is Bonjwa
pripple
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Finland1714 Posts
September 07 2009 14:29 GMT
#22
what a nice idea, hope i'll be home when this happens!
Jaedong! <> Team MVP <> Mouz.
7mk
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Germany10157 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-08 09:45:29
September 07 2009 14:30 GMT
#23
this sounds like a lot of fun
probably won't be able to watch live though

props to idra for doing this at such a shitty time for him.

edit: nevermind hes in the US, not korea ^^
beep boop
meegrean
Profile Joined May 2008
Thailand7699 Posts
September 07 2009 14:34 GMT
#24
AWESOME!

I wish Terrans would stop going mech in TvZ.. it is so boring to watch.
Brood War loyalist
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
September 07 2009 14:35 GMT
#25
I love Teamliquid so much! Thanks for doing this!
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
September 07 2009 14:35 GMT
#26
this sounds great! i only play protoss but as the saying goes "know your enemies"!
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
September 07 2009 14:35 GMT
#27
dang tl still comes out with new stuff :D
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
Harem
Profile Joined November 2007
United States11393 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-07 14:38:23
September 07 2009 14:37 GMT
#28
On September 07 2009 23:34 meegrean wrote:
AWESOME!

I wish Terrans would stop going mech in TvZ.. it is so boring to watch.

Tbh, from a playing standpoint, I actually get relieved when I see mech since most times it's a much easier win as compared to vs bio.

Anyways, this is awesomeeeeeeee and can't wait. <3
Moderator。◕‿◕。
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
September 07 2009 14:44 GMT
#29
Awesome, but could we get a review of JD vs Fantasy on outsider OSL semis? Kinda one of the most exciting games - ever.
In the woods, there lurks..
pyrogenetix
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
China5098 Posts
September 07 2009 14:51 GMT
#30
This is good.
Yea that looks just like Kang Min... amazing game sense... and uses mind games well, but has the micro of a washed up progamer.
sixghost
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States2096 Posts
September 07 2009 15:00 GMT
#31
Do you guys plan to talk about pro level play exclusively in these things, or will you talk about the balance and stuff at lower levels?
mG.sixghost @ iCCup || One ling, two ling, three ling, four... Camp four gas, then ultra-whore . -Saracen
sashkata
Profile Joined September 2008
Bulgaria3241 Posts
September 07 2009 15:09 GMT
#32
Noooo... This is in 5 days. I can't wait that long

srsly, can't wait. It's gonna be awesome! Thank you!
Johnranger-123
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United Kingdom341 Posts
September 07 2009 15:20 GMT
#33
This sounds great :D
Kenpachi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States9908 Posts
September 07 2009 15:21 GMT
#34
Yay some activity on tl
Nada's body is South Korea's greatest weapon.
motbob
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States12546 Posts
September 07 2009 15:25 GMT
#35
At least 2/3 of the participants are ESPORTS, so this should go well. I'm pretty sure Day[9] is ESPORTS too, but we'll have to ask him on Saturday.
ModeratorGood content always wins.
foeffa
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Belgium2115 Posts
September 07 2009 15:51 GMT
#36
This is superb, just what I could use to improve my play. Very much looking forward to this, but I can't watch it live. I hope there will be a downloadable version of some sorts because I in no way want to miss this?
觀過斯知仁矣.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-07 15:54:28
September 07 2009 15:53 GMT
#37
OMG! Why are you guys so cruel? Giving a present like this many days into the future and not right now when I desire it so desperately?

Edit: OMG 2! I'm a hydralisk!
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
fishyjoes
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Germany644 Posts
September 07 2009 16:02 GMT
#38
This is as awesome as Bear Semen!
infinite fun: http://dagobah.biz/flash/loituma.swf
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
September 07 2009 16:13 GMT
#39
Whoah! i watched the 2 first games, first game makes zvmech on destination seem impossible! second makes it seem totally useless :p
1984
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Ukraine115 Posts
September 07 2009 16:15 GMT
#40
Mech TvZ isn't the best choice imo, but anyway this is great.
okum
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France5779 Posts
September 07 2009 16:33 GMT
#41
On September 08 2009 01:13 nttea wrote:
Whoah! i watched the 2 first games, first game makes zvmech on destination seem impossible! second makes it seem totally useless :p

The question then is what happens when you pit Jaedong and Flash against each other on Destination.

It has only happened once, and Jaedong won. So maybe that clears up everything...
Flash fan before it was cool | Coiner of "jangbang"
mikeymoo
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada7170 Posts
September 07 2009 16:55 GMT
#42
On September 08 2009 01:15 1984 wrote:
Mech TvZ isn't the best choice imo, but anyway this is great.

We're always up for suggestions
Thx Aesop and co.! I will be tuning in (I hope).
o_x | Ow. | 1003 ESPORTS dollars | If you have any questions about bans please PM Kennigit
Iplaythings
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Denmark9110 Posts
September 07 2009 17:05 GMT
#43
Really, I think that fantasy vs JD in the OSL's at outsider should be included.

It's 2 not-so used strategies and very interesting gameplay. Should be worth a rewatch imo.

(might've posted this before but I wasn't able to find it so I reposted, sorry if I double posted)
In the woods, there lurks..
JWD
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States12607 Posts
September 07 2009 17:12 GMT
#44
This is such a great idea, and a perfect topic. Way to go Liquipedia staff!
✌
538
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
Hungary3932 Posts
September 07 2009 17:16 GMT
#45
Wonderful expert staff, I'll make sure to check this out.
BW fighting!
Jakalo
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Latvia2350 Posts
September 07 2009 17:18 GMT
#46
This is more epic than MSL finals :/
Nostalgia is not as good as it used to be.
justdweezil
Profile Joined July 2009
United States186 Posts
September 07 2009 17:27 GMT
#47
Why is TL so good? There's a goddamn golden age of eSports happening and it's right here on this freaking website.
ReiKo
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Croatia1023 Posts
September 07 2009 17:32 GMT
#48
Too good to be true, excellent! Looking forward to it!

Keep up the good work!
Vequeth
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United Kingdom1116 Posts
September 07 2009 18:01 GMT
#49
Noo im going to miss this!
Aspiring British Caster / Masters Protoss
JFKWT
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Singapore1442 Posts
September 07 2009 18:14 GMT
#50
Sweet finally a conclusion to all the mech imba threads
The calm before the storm / "loli is not a crime, but meganekko is the way to go!"
Nosmo
Profile Joined August 2008
Canada210 Posts
September 07 2009 18:34 GMT
#51
This is why i love TL..
Killer next Bonjwa//Much is also good//Savior what happened//Fuck yeah, Nal_ra!
Kerotan
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
England2111 Posts
September 07 2009 18:36 GMT
#52
This a fucking brilliant idea, I'm sure to be tuning in, Day9, Idra and Artosis in the same metaphorical room, discussing strategy? excellent, and if Idra doesn't call someone a fucking skilless newbie at some point, I may just die.
Nerdette // External revolution - Internal revolution // Fabulous // I raise my hands to heaven of curiosity // I don't know what to ask for // What has it got for me? // Kerribear
DaisyP
Profile Joined August 2009
United States47 Posts
September 07 2009 18:46 GMT
#53
This is SO AWESOME, but I can't be there :-(... hope you guys are recording this for posterity.
B12ad
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States138 Posts
September 07 2009 18:50 GMT
#54
Being a zerg player this is very useful to me. :D
Senx
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Sweden5901 Posts
September 07 2009 18:50 GMT
#55
I'm not sure how much discussion and varied views such a narrow topic is going to offer...i dunno, just sounds like a too specific topic to really get a good discussion out of.
"trash micro but win - its marine" MC commentary during HSC 4
dellesh1ruH
Profile Joined August 2009
Denmark509 Posts
September 07 2009 18:56 GMT
#56
Uh, i cant wait!
Pain is temporary, Glory is forever!
Mystlord *
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10264 Posts
September 07 2009 19:10 GMT
#57
Wow I can't wait for this. I've been busy so far getting ready for school and *Blarg College Applications*, but some of the work load will disappear soon. I think I can do this :D. See you there!
It is impossible to be a citizen if you don't make an effort to understand the most basic activities of your government. It is very difficult to thrive in an increasingly competitive world if you're a nation of doods.
Wedge
Profile Joined March 2008
Canada580 Posts
September 07 2009 19:15 GMT
#58
Excellent, cant wait
Itachii
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Poland12466 Posts
September 07 2009 19:23 GMT
#59
Wouldn't bother if Idra wasn't there.
can't wait to hear Greg out :O
La parole nous a été donnée pour déguiser notre pensée
Aaerian
Profile Joined September 2009
21 Posts
September 07 2009 19:32 GMT
#60
Terran Mech has been discussed to death already.. but cool nonetheless
Strayline
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States330 Posts
September 07 2009 19:47 GMT
#61
Should this be viewed as a strictly TvZ thing (ie how to win with mech as Terran) or can we ask "ZvT" questions too? I mean it's not to hard to reframe a question but I'm a Zerg player and it's much more natural for me to talk about the match up from a Zerg perspective...
deathgod6
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States5064 Posts
September 07 2009 19:52 GMT
#62
This is "Oooo" and "Ahhh" worthy. Nice stuff Liquipedia guys!
4.0 GPA = A rank 5.0 GPA = Olympic --------- Bisu, Best, Fantasy. i ♥ oov. They can get in my BoxeR anyday.
aeroH
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States1034 Posts
September 07 2009 20:07 GMT
#63
where the protoss experts at?
DivGradCurl
Profile Joined August 2009
United States30 Posts
September 07 2009 20:18 GMT
#64
Despite being a toss player I have to admit I'm super psyched for this... I'll be taking notes.
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
September 07 2009 20:49 GMT
#65
I added a thread to the Strat forum where you can submit your questions:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=101536

other races / matchups might follow, also depends on the outcome of this one.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
ZergZoul
Profile Joined April 2007
Mexico408 Posts
September 07 2009 20:52 GMT
#66
"and should become a regular event." !?!?!

omg next time zvp 3hatch spire- 5hatch hydra plz
LuDwig-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Italy1143 Posts
September 07 2009 21:05 GMT
#67
fantastic..but i am toss.lol
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120015&currentpage=98<--Search the HotBid's Post
Simple
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States801 Posts
September 07 2009 21:08 GMT
#68
i like that the ep showcases examples of games where the strategy is demonstrated in various ways
csfield
Profile Joined October 2008
United States206 Posts
September 07 2009 21:45 GMT
#69
wow

This is really awesome. The topic is great. I've been thinking a lot about this machup from both sides.
I know that I have never once considered how my TV viewing habits impact the progression of civilization. --Bibbit
_Spooky_
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States71 Posts
September 08 2009 00:50 GMT
#70
Day[9] member of the Plott family, the rest was just filler
As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death. -Da Vinci
deL
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Australia5540 Posts
September 08 2009 02:43 GMT
#71
Hopefully we should get some analysis at all levels, including C/D iCCup level as well as top level analysis. Playing mech/against mech should be different at various levels of mechanical and strategic ability.
Gaming videos for fun ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/WijLopenLos
economist_
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Vietnam719 Posts
September 08 2009 02:58 GMT
#72
Such a sweet crew of analysts/experts. It would be perfect to get ret into this. I really enjoy hearing the discussions at a high level. Thanks guy!
Economics forecast assumes everything, except responsibilities
Traveler
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States451 Posts
September 08 2009 04:27 GMT
#73
Jaedong was brilliant in his victory, he delayed producing mutas after skyhigh spotted his spire, spawned hydras instead, and skyhigh built a ton of air defence for nothing early on, then late Jaedong at the end engages skyhigh's army, sends the mutas after the massed goliaths instead of the tanks, kills off all the goliaths and then sends his mutas in to deal with the tanks.
Can you ever argue in favor of something without first proving it?
CongoJack
Profile Joined February 2009
Canada417 Posts
September 08 2009 05:50 GMT
#74
This should turn out great I can't wait. I am really glad to see IdrA's name there.
lynx.oblige
Profile Joined August 2009
Sierra Leone2268 Posts
September 08 2009 06:28 GMT
#75
This is probably the match up the interests me most. Eager to hear what Artosis and the others have to say about it at this current time.
Everyone needs a nemesis.
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
September 08 2009 07:42 GMT
#76
On September 08 2009 04:47 Strayline wrote:
Should this be viewed as a strictly TvZ thing (ie how to win with mech as Terran) or can we ask "ZvT" questions too? I mean it's not to hard to reframe a question but I'm a Zerg player and it's much more natural for me to talk about the match up from a Zerg perspective...


We'll look at MechvZ from both perspectives, so if you're Zerg you might learn a thing or two as well
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
September 08 2009 12:00 GMT
#77
nice idea ;] but im not that much interested cause i play protoss ;P
T H C makes ppl happy
ProoM
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Lithuania1741 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-08 12:47:06
September 08 2009 12:21 GMT
#78
hmmm can I post questions here?
If I can, here we go:

1.What do you think about switching to greedy openings (as Z), when you can confirm mech build with your 9'th drone scout. (I.E.: 3 hatch before pool/4hatch before gas).

2.What do you think about various hydra + something unit combinations. Which one would you offer to use for certain situations depending on goll:tank ratio/ wraith, valks, vessels existence? (I.E.: Hydra/ling, Hydra/lurk, Hydra/muta, Hydra/Ling/Muta, Hydra/Ultra).

edit: thx Aesop, posted there ^^.
IMBA - International Mountain Bicycling Association.
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
September 08 2009 12:39 GMT
#79
On September 08 2009 21:21 ProoM wrote:
hmmm can I post questions here?
If I can, here we go:

1.What do you think about switching to greedy openings (as Z), when you can confirm mech build with your 9'th drone scout. (I.E.: 3 hatch before pool/4hatch before gas).

2.What do you think about various hydra + something unit combinations. Which one would you offer to use for certain situations depending on goll:tank ratio/ wraith, valks, vessels existence? (I.E.: Hydra/ling, Hydra/lurk, Hydra/muta, Hydra/Ling/Muta, Hydra/Ultra).

the better place would be here: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=101536
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Pholon
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Netherlands6142 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-08 12:43:22
September 08 2009 12:42 GMT
#80
oops
Moderator@TLPholon // "I need a third hand to facepalm right now"
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
September 08 2009 17:59 GMT
#81
hopefully I will be reinvited I had time conflict with PAn Am champ.. sorry guys.

Looks nice btw!
purple[time]
Profile Joined February 2009
13 Posts
September 08 2009 23:06 GMT
#82
The one time I'm working... Damn you TL for picking times that are convenient for every one else except me....
meerh
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
September 09 2009 13:08 GMT
#83
Will there be an mp3 of this like the TL chat?
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
ReDTerraN
Profile Joined July 2009
Sweden88 Posts
September 09 2009 13:45 GMT
#84
schweet :D
I support the emperor! not false GODS!
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
September 09 2009 14:47 GMT
#85
On September 09 2009 22:08 TheAntZ wrote:
Will there be an mp3 of this like the TL chat?

Most likely, yes.
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
FakeKisser
Profile Joined September 2008
United States159 Posts
September 11 2009 15:09 GMT
#86
This is a great idea. I always love listening to discussions like these as they are helpful for both players and watchers.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to listen to the live cast, but I am hoping it will be posted after the fact as well. Thanks!
"Every generation needs a revolution" - Thomas Jefferson
madnessman
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1581 Posts
September 12 2009 14:01 GMT
#87
yes.. please record it so all the people in tl (who don't want to stay up) get to listen to it too.
Mortician
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Bulgaria2332 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-12 19:03:21
September 12 2009 19:01 GMT
#88
I suck :/
"If anything, the skill cap in sc2 is higher [than sc1] because there are a lot more things you can do at one given time. " darmousseh
Tadzio
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
3340 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-12 19:04:11
September 12 2009 19:03 GMT
#89
nvm
pencilcase
Profile Joined September 2007
United States330 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-12 19:08:21
September 12 2009 19:07 GMT
#90
Has this started yet?
I don't see the livestream up
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
September 12 2009 19:11 GMT
#91
Argh... i can't find the live stream
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
pencilcase
Profile Joined September 2007
United States330 Posts
September 12 2009 19:14 GMT
#92
I found it. Check the newest news post. But it should be posted on the sidebar also.
Aesop
Profile Joined October 2007
Hungary11305 Posts
September 12 2009 19:14 GMT
#93
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=101783
ModeratorNon veritas sed auctoritas facit legem. | Liquipedia: Don't ask me, I'm retired.
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
September 12 2009 19:15 GMT
#94
thx =)
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
TheAntZ
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Israel6248 Posts
September 12 2009 20:40 GMT
#95
That was great <3
43084 | Honeybadger: "So july, you're in the GSL finals. How do you feel?!" ~ July: "HUNGRY."
Clow
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Brazil880 Posts
September 12 2009 20:41 GMT
#96
haha it ends up with artosis saying 'I have to pee really bad'

It was great, can't wait for the next one :D
(–_–) CJ Entusman #33
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins279
monkeys_forever77
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5680
Grubby2796
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
C9.Mang0143
TKL 139
ToD107
Railgan19
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream102
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 34
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki33
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV248
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 52m
Stellar Fest
16h 52m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.