• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:20
CEST 06:20
KST 13:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10146 users

Team Liquid Mafia [gg] - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 162 Next
Yogurt
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States4258 Posts
February 11 2008 22:32 GMT
#241
I vote for Tracil

my reasoning is that if Live2Win is part of the mafioso, and knowing that his opinion is highly valued, he would vote for the person who is less likely to be an able leader

that and i think tracil sounds like a trusty name
ok dont not so good something is something ok ok ok gogogo
Romance_us
Profile Joined March 2006
Seychelles1806 Posts
February 11 2008 22:34 GMT
#242
I vote for Tracil
Notes and feelings, numbers and reason. The ultimate equilibrium.
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
February 11 2008 22:38 GMT
#243
I vote fore infinity21.

Someone has to vote for him, and I don't trust either of the two leading candidates. Not that I trust infinity, but at this moment, it's more like throwing my vote out than anything.

Unless we rally now!

infinity21 for mayor!
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
So no fek
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
United States3001 Posts
February 11 2008 22:38 GMT
#244
Gah, my nature so makes me want to edit my obvious spelling error. >.>
#1 Shuttle fan - TeamLiquid CJ Entusman #36 BW4lyfe
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
February 11 2008 22:40 GMT
#245
I vote for SoMuchBetter
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-11 23:12:57
February 11 2008 22:41 GMT
#246
Think about it, guys.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Tracil or anyone, but in the introduction, it's known that there are multiple mafia.

I'm just a bit suspicious that Tracil's being so helpful. How do we know the mafia aren't acting in collusion to get him elected? He has a large number of votes already. After his election, in which he has the mafia vote AND the townspeople vote, IF he is part of the mafia, the game is effectively over. Mafia + major is a very dangerous position to be in.

That being said, I'm withholding my vote. I want to see Tracil's defense.

I also have dinner plans coming up!

(I only used Tracil as an example. The same reasoning can be applied for the other people as well)

EDIT: Please don't assassinate me tonight, mafia
Moderator
ZaplinG
Profile Blog Joined February 2005
United States3818 Posts
February 11 2008 22:45 GMT
#247
Can we get a list of the top candidates + a little speech from each?
Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free
Vharox
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States1037 Posts
February 11 2008 22:55 GMT
#248
That's a good idea :O!
Night[Mare
Profile Blog Joined December 2004
Mexico4793 Posts
February 11 2008 22:58 GMT
#249
is the banner from the OP the one from reservoir dogs?
Teamliquidian townie
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
February 11 2008 22:58 GMT
#250
One of the mafia kicked down on one side of his chest, his muddy boots sliding off almost causing him to lose balance.

My suspicion goes to wurm.

"I'll take care of this, he's been a thorn in my side since the day I got here"

Can't think of someone yet.

"We knew there was a spy amongst us, but I never thought it would be you! Well you played a good game, but now its over and its time to meet your maker",

My suspicion goes to JeeJee.

"That was low, even for you" said another mafia. "Who cares where I stab him, all is fair" he protested,

My suspicion goes to NotSorry, or ShaLLoW[baY]

As if ceremoniously, one of the mafia bowed with an arm extended, and they departed as a group to get much needed rest for the day to come.

Can't think of someone yet.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Mini Moose 2707
Profile Joined February 2008
United States9 Posts
Last Edited: 2008-02-11 23:05:46
February 11 2008 23:02 GMT
#251
Sorry for jumping in so late.

Anyway, I'm going to tell you why you should vote for me. I RUN mafia games at Staredit.net, therefore I am very in the know of everything that's going on within this game. In fact, I created some of the roles they're using myself. Chuiu and Dapperdan have played in those games that I've run, and I've played in their games, too. Thus, I am quite familiar with how they think/make clues and also have great experience interpreting clues.
Examples of games that I've run:
http://www.staredit.net/?topic=584
http://www.staredit.net/?topic=1193
http://www.staredit.net/?topic=1447
http://www.staredit.net/?topic=1696 (in progress. Chuiu himself is running this game with me! )

If experience means anything, here it is.
SEN Admin -- www.staredit.net
CDRdude
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States5625 Posts
February 11 2008 23:07 GMT
#252
Is anyone else suspicious of all the votes for SoMuchBetter? Honestly, I can't see this many people voting for SMB just on the basis of his MSpaint. I can see that many people voting for him because they know he's another mafioso. In other words, Tracil has actually (kind of) campaigned for mayor, and he's getting votes. SoMuchBetter has hardly campaigned for mayor, and he's getting just as many, or more votes.

Of course, now I might assassinated tonight
Force staff is the best item in the game.
EmeraldSparks
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States1451 Posts
February 11 2008 23:16 GMT
#253
It would be rather silly for all the mafia to vote for one player.

Anyway, my thoughts on mayor -

New Player Town Mayor - Might not be the most effective.
New Player Mafia Mayor - Not good, but pardoner can probably keep him in check.
Veteran Town Mayor - Very good for town.
Veteran Mafia Mayor - Extremely bad for town.
But why?
Dapperdan
Profile Joined February 2008
United States38 Posts
February 11 2008 23:19 GMT
#254
On February 12 2008 07:30 KF91 wrote:
Hmm. I have a question too. If we lynch the mayor, do we elect another one?


Read the first post. If it doesn't say anything about such a process, then that means it doesn't exist. This "read the first post answer" applies to a lot of questions that are being asked or will be asked in the future, trust me.

No, you don't elect another mayor if the first one dies.
Never has a greedy man become rich.
SiZ.FaNtAsY
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)1497 Posts
February 11 2008 23:21 GMT
#255
I vote for FAKESTEVE!!!
FAKESTEVE FAN CLUB HURRAH!
Karma is a bitch
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
February 11 2008 23:34 GMT
#256
On February 12 2008 07:58 Live2Win wrote:
Show nested quote +
"That was low, even for you" said another mafia. "Who cares where I stab him, all is fair" he protested,

My suspicion goes to NotSorry, or ShaLLoW[baY]


I've been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to figure out how you've linked that clue with me, it doesn't make any sense :p
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Live2Win *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
United States6657 Posts
February 11 2008 23:38 GMT
#257
On February 12 2008 08:34 ShaLLoW[baY] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2008 07:58 Live2Win wrote:
"That was low, even for you" said another mafia. "Who cares where I stab him, all is fair" he protested,

My suspicion goes to NotSorry, or ShaLLoW[baY]


I've been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to figure out how you've linked that clue with me, it doesn't make any sense :p

low blow = you gotta be shallow to make a low-blow. :p A bit stretched, just a guess.
SAY YES TO STIM KIDS!!! XD
Tracil
Profile Blog Joined September 2005
Australia505 Posts
February 11 2008 23:38 GMT
#258
On February 12 2008 07:41 Empyrean wrote:
Think about it, guys.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Tracil or anyone, but in the introduction, it's known that there are multiple mafia.

I'm just a bit suspicious that Tracil's being so helpful. How do we know the mafia aren't acting in collusion to get him elected? He has a large number of votes already. After his election, in which he has the mafia vote AND the townspeople vote, IF he is part of the mafia, the game is effectively over. Mafia + major is a very dangerous position to be in.

That being said, I'm withholding my vote. I want to see Tracil's defense.

I also have dinner plans coming up!

(I only used Tracil as an example. The same reasoning can be applied for the other people as well)


You find it suspicious that I'm being helpful.

It stands to reason, then, that the way for me to *not* be suspicious is to... not be helpful. People can see what's wrong with that, right?

I've seen a very dangerous logical fallacy being spread around, starting with Live2Win and repeated here; it's also a regrettably common one, especially in newbie games of mafia. Basically, it goes like this.

1) Mafioso want to be seen as trusted townies.
2) Person X is taking actions that appear to be trustworthy.
3) Therefore, Person X could be/is mafia!

To reply to that. Firstly, if your only reason to find me suspicious is that I've stepped up and pointed out some ways on how I feel the game should be played, I don't feel that's really a valid call to be any more suspicious of me than anyone else. I'm going to define suspicious more as 'I somewhat believe him to be mafia' than 'we should pay close attention to his words'; you should be paying close attention to *everyones* words, or lack of them. Obviously it's good for you read what I say and make up my own mind.

Furthermore, each and every person here has a vested interest in being seen as trustworthy, town or mafia. As a townie, one of your duties, believe it or not, is to avoid getting lynched, and the best way to do that is to be helpful and active.

People making light of my statement that we shouldn't lie are kinda missing the point. Townies shouldn't lie, Mafia practically have to. Townies don't have *reason* to lie; mafia always do.

Yes, you can die at anytime, especially if you are, well, on the right track as far as your discussion goes. However, as a town, we must set the pace of the game and not allow the mafia to stifle discussion! Fear is the tool of evil! If *every townie discusses things as much as they can* then the mafia are going to be hard-pressed for targets, no?

<->

It's been said that I haven't participated as much in detective work. I've already set out why I don't want to go heavily after clues myself at this point. I view them more as peripheral evidence to other cases if anything. I'd rather go after people on the basis of what they say and do than anything else.

However, I am, in fact, already somewhat suspicious of some people.

1) Manhini, who appeared to simply dislike me for no reason and refused to elaborate. Again, discussion is, well, what town does. Not talking or responding to questions = bad. Very bad.

2) Live2Win, who is avoiding voting for me on the basis that 'Tracil knows how to play; if he is mafia, that would be very bad for us if he was mayor, much worse than if SMB was mayor'. Firstly, mayor is a potent pro-town position. It stands to reason it will be more effective in the hands of someone familiar with the game, as it keeps them alive without necessitating protection of any kind.

Secondly, his basis for distrust of me in based partially upon a logical fallacy, which I outlined above; the reason essentially amounts to 'but Tracil COULD be mafia!' and that will apply to basically everyone, in any discussion in any context until they have somehow confirmed themselves.

Thirdly, even if you assume that my attempt to set out some solid tips on playing that are clearly beneficial to the town and are likely useful to the hordes of people here who haven't played mafia before is not, in fact, telling of me being trustworthy one way or the other, then *odds alone* dictate that it's unlikely for me to be scum, and the same would go for any of the mayoral candidates, and as someone who has played this game quite a lot, I feel I'm a better person to be elected than the others who have stepped forward.

To conclude, suspicion against me stems from people feeling that mayor is a dangerous position if the mafia possess it, and that it's possible I might be mafia. I don't really think town should compromise all their decisions based on 'person xyz might be mafia', that's really just a step up from thinking 'but if I accuse a mafioso, I might die at night.' Look at what people say. Be careful. Ask them questions, demand explanations- but if you end up not having anything more suspicious out of them than what you feel about everyone else, it's time to persue a new line of enquiry.
Shooting
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
February 11 2008 23:42 GMT
#259
On February 12 2008 08:38 Tracil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2008 07:41 Empyrean wrote:
Think about it, guys.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Tracil or anyone, but in the introduction, it's known that there are multiple mafia.

I'm just a bit suspicious that Tracil's being so helpful. How do we know the mafia aren't acting in collusion to get him elected? He has a large number of votes already. After his election, in which he has the mafia vote AND the townspeople vote, IF he is part of the mafia, the game is effectively over. Mafia + major is a very dangerous position to be in.

That being said, I'm withholding my vote. I want to see Tracil's defense.

I also have dinner plans coming up!

(I only used Tracil as an example. The same reasoning can be applied for the other people as well)


You find it suspicious that I'm being helpful.

It stands to reason, then, that the way for me to *not* be suspicious is to... not be helpful. People can see what's wrong with that, right?

I've seen a very dangerous logical fallacy being spread around, starting with Live2Win and repeated here; it's also a regrettably common one, especially in newbie games of mafia.


Wtf he called us newbies. Lynch the bugger?
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
February 11 2008 23:47 GMT
#260
On February 12 2008 08:38 Tracil wrote:
Response


Wow. You sure have set my mind straight

I guess we'll have to work more together then, if we want to win.

My vote's going to you :D

I vote for Tracil for mayor.
Moderator
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft322
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta78
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft603
PiGStarcraft322
RuFF_SC2 214
StarCraft: Brood War
Stork 139
Leta 76
Hyuk 43
Horang2 39
Bale 16
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm192
League of Legends
JimRising 626
Counter-Strike
taco 406
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox733
C9.Mang0275
Westballz30
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor629
Other Games
summit1g9521
Coldzera 815
Sick121
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick786
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream123
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• Letter149
• Adnapsc2 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota271
League of Legends
• Lourlo1058
• Stunt339
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
5h 40m
Online Event
6h 40m
FEL
11h 40m
AI Arena Tournament
12h 40m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
14h 40m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
INu's Battles
1d 7h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 14h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.