• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:28
CEST 09:28
KST 16:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8042 users

A Classy Game of Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
February 26 2024 01:54 GMT
#39
/in although actually going to post far less and care about result less as do have some stuff on.

...which means I'll probably post as much as a normal person.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 03 2024 02:37 GMT
#135
Before game start next weekend aus time I'm flying to sydney competing and flying back so will have irl reasons to be less active that time. (mostly on the sunday) Still will be around, airports are boring.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:09 GMT
#146
I can chat also around. This said I'm going to act as if you're never mafia (unless you paint yourself red and dance in the blood of your enemies in the street) as this does two things. it stops me from tunneling you to death and being scared of losing to you and saves my ego if you are mafia and win because I decided to not focus on you at the start.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:13 GMT
#155
Trfel is mafia doesn't know it's his birthday, very sus.... implies he lied when joining. :p
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:16 GMT
#163
On March 04 2024 12:14 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:09 JacobStrangelove wrote:
I can chat also around. This said I'm going to act as if you're never mafia (unless you paint yourself red and dance in the blood of your enemies in the street) as this does two things. it stops me from tunneling you to death and being scared of losing to you and saves my ego if you are mafia and win because I decided to not focus on you at the start.


0/10 you didn‘t write fanfic where DP sodomized himself


This will come at some point no doubt.... on a side note will probably vote for mayor someone I've played with before just because I don't trust my day one reads on anyone I don't know. (I don't trust my day one reads on anyone I know either tbh but ya know...)
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:21 GMT
#171
@oats I'm not my reads only come good at like day 4 (in small games cause I suck) I might be better off with a randomiser until then.

Because he's a fisherman. Fishermen make the best Mayors.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:24 GMT
#182
On March 04 2024 12:22 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:21 JacobStrangelove wrote:
@oats I'm not my reads only come good at like day 4 (in small games cause I suck) I might be better off with a randomiser until then.

Because he's a fisherman. Fishermen make the best Mayors.

This really just sounds like you want no part of actually playing the game


Hey at least I'm reading your posts.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:27 GMT
#187
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:14 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:11 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
hbd Trfel,

I'm thinking of running for mayor, we haven't had mayor elections in a looong time (or I haven't played in a game with mayor elections in a long time).
May I ask, why should we vote for you as mayor?

Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.



Ahh shit this makes so much more sense when it's read as second in votes for lynch not second in votes for Mayor...

I thought this was like some 5d chess bait post hence the fisherman comment.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:27 GMT
#192
This said if you make me Mayor I WILL vote for the second in Mayor votes just because that seems very funny.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:30 GMT
#203
On March 04 2024 12:27 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:24 JacobStrangelove wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:22 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:21 JacobStrangelove wrote:
@oats I'm not my reads only come good at like day 4 (in small games cause I suck) I might be better off with a randomiser until then.

Because he's a fisherman. Fishermen make the best Mayors.

This really just sounds like you want no part of actually playing the game


Hey at least I'm reading your posts.

What are your thoughts so far?


I think I'm running into the same thing I run into every game where my highly flowing style is being taken (and I mean this with no offence) slightly autistically but I'm not worried about it yet because I don't think mafia is stupid enough to fight me early.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:33 GMT
#217
On March 04 2024 12:31 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:14 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:11 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
hbd Trfel,

I'm thinking of running for mayor, we haven't had mayor elections in a looong time (or I haven't played in a game with mayor elections in a long time).
May I ask, why should we vote for you as mayor?

Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.


The town lynch part reads a bit odd to me.


Yeah I actually thought the same as oats as in I read it being voting for the second mayor candidate which I thought was a power move to stop other people running.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 03:50 GMT
#252
On March 04 2024 12:48 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:42 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:41 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
[quote]Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.


Exactly. Dumb post from MZ.
Mafia dumb or dumb dumb?

Not sure, its a whole lot of words about not much at all. I certainly don't want him to be mayor, any rate.

Both mayoral candidates have been underwhelming thus far



Wait you've forgotten about me!



Also MZ sure trusting no one person but if it's like 16 /5 and you trust yourself it's now 15/5 is that better odds than day one second town lynch?

Actually probably not and it at least gets someone town doesn't like gone but in your own words defend yourself!
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 04:00 GMT
#269
Well as someone who also didn't know how the game worked (mayor election/voting for mayor) I didn't talk about the stuff I didn't know about until I went back and read the op and it was brought up and I am a classic case of just ask so I think there is some credence to being sceptical of a precice player just going disco and throwing questions when there are answers if you look into the thread.

JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 04:13 GMT
#288
On March 04 2024 13:07 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 12:59 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Vivax wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:38 iamperfection wrote:
can we not speculate on hypothetical wagons for now.

For what its worth nobody's posts have given me mafia goosebumps yet.


Are you so quick to write off Oats for not reading the OP?
But I agree that I probably won‘t vote for him.

He was good last game on MS though, when he was town.

It's weird to me that both you and DP mentioned the MS game within a minute of each other in your attempts to call out oats.

Trfel or Jacob I'm curious if this stood out to either of you guys.

Especially in light of DP seemingly backing off Oats a bit


To be honest no I wasn't paying attention to previous game meta as I wasn't watching it if they were both heavly involved so I've just been half filtering it out as vibes.

This said thinking about it now I think it would be strange for mafia dp to get vivax and be like hey lets both at the same time back off or go on oats with the same reasoning so I think it's a conicidence.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 04:16 GMT
#289
OMG JSL Trfel and I am perf must be scum team they all decided to say the same thing at the same time.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 04:17 GMT
#294
Could be a town mind meld at a scum push though. It's my only real read is a bit neg at MZ
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 04:20 GMT
#300
On March 04 2024 13:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 13:13 JacobStrangelove wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:07 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:59 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Vivax wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:38 iamperfection wrote:
can we not speculate on hypothetical wagons for now.

For what its worth nobody's posts have given me mafia goosebumps yet.


Are you so quick to write off Oats for not reading the OP?
But I agree that I probably won‘t vote for him.

He was good last game on MS though, when he was town.

It's weird to me that both you and DP mentioned the MS game within a minute of each other in your attempts to call out oats.

Trfel or Jacob I'm curious if this stood out to either of you guys.

Especially in light of DP seemingly backing off Oats a bit


To be honest no I wasn't paying attention to previous game meta as I wasn't watching it if they were both heavly involved so I've just been half filtering it out as vibes.

This said thinking about it now I think it would be strange for mafia dp to get vivax and be like hey lets both at the same time back off or go on oats with the same reasoning so I think it's a conicidence.

Yeah like I said in my response to trfel I think I had my D1 tinfoil hat on a bit too tight but it was just really weird reading very similar posts back to back.



ahh he's on the ropes and back peddling now! :p I have no reference point for you and how you play though.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 04:24 GMT
#310
yeah DMB's big post did seem kinda odd. I don't know why yet though. Just didn't seem like them. Then again it didn't seem like mafia or town them so I'm not sure what that means yet.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 04:34 GMT
#325
You know the post makes good points the only thing is the start about everyone being a suspect looks slightly performative. But reading it again apart from seeming slightly performative the body is fine.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 04 2024 04:35 GMT
#326
iamperf playing "read the fucking post" cop is interesting.
1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech167
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 376
Leta 208
Dewaltoss 109
sSak 51
ZergMaN 33
Bale 33
NotJumperer 33
Aegong 31
Noble 13
yabsab 11
League of Legends
JimRising 566
Reynor37
Other Games
summit1g9252
olofmeister428
Sick212
Nina69
Happy8
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick776
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush985
• Jankos500
• Stunt485
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 33m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 33m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 33m
Replay Cast
15h 33m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.