• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:41
CEST 23:41
KST 06:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9610 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 65 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:24 GMT
#1470
On March 05 2024 08:23 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 08:21 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:14 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:12 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:08 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:04 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:03 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 05 2024 07:59 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 07:58 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 05 2024 07:56 DarthPunk wrote:
[quote]

How is he getting more power?

He is just immune to night kill, if he was getting a double vote for the rest of the game that is a different story.

Having our jailkeeper with night kill immunity is really fucking powerful, at worst it soaks a rb for the rest of the game, at best it is just literally broken.

It puts mafia in all sorts of uncomfortable positions where they are fucked if the RB gets lynched or shot.

The vig shot or whatever can be negotiated, but I don't think vivax is bad as town regardless, and he is basically confirmed town.

Why would I roll the dice on anyone who is NOT confirmed town.

Rayn, marv and sandro are NOT confirmed town.

Lets be real here for a second. Vivax is also not confirmed town.


Wrong.

CC me or go away

Nobody will CC you on day1 if you have fakeclaimed (if we even have a Jailkeeper in that case). Not unless it looks like you are actually being elected and even then I am unsure if that would be the correct play.


You realize how much information I give away for free if I do this as mafia right?
It's like seppuku.

No, I do not realize. What are you giving away? Worst case you get the actual blue to cc you.


First of all, I'd betray all of my teammates just out of the blue.
The actual JK would be able to coordinate his actions better by knowing I was confirmed scum.

What you're suggesting is that I'd blindly gamethrow as mafia on D1.

I wouldnt call that game throwing and weirder plays have been made. Doing it as town is arguably worse in my opinion.


You'd still just sack a town JK on the first night so that says it all about the worth of your opinion.
Not just yours though.

Yeah, I will not sacrifice a strong town mayor for a JK that claimed needlessly.


Who's town?
The guy you are so sure you can read like a pro or a 100% authentic claim?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:27 GMT
#1474
It's the same fallacy casinos use. People prefer the attractive uncertainty over the unattractive certainty.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:32 GMT
#1476
On March 05 2024 08:27 Vivax wrote:
It's the same fallacy casinos use. People prefer the attractive uncertainty over the unattractive certainty.


Maybe I won‘t find mafia with this, but players with a basic understanding of what must be done in certain situations.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:32 GMT
#1477
So Rels, Dp, Dmb, Koshi are the smartest in the game for sure.

That should further be of help.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:45 GMT
#1486
Besides, it's a first time I think.
You can go back to the game and see what happens if town succeeds in cooperating to elect such a role as mayor.
Instead many opt to suppress the innovative thinking in favour of conformism.

As for the second kill, the runner-up to the main wagon would be alright.
Otherwise a zero-poster.
No shenanigans.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:49 GMT
#1488
On March 05 2024 08:15 Koshi wrote:
mafia is rayn, marv, tfrel and 2 lurkers

Town misslynches pushed by mafia are VE

Town misslynches pushed by town are most likely TTS, MZ, DMB and CC

That's where I am now.


I could see Trfel, the shield by cop bugs me too, though she could just be associating herself on purpose.
Especially the claim is something he would love to discuss as town as he's very analytical.

Looking forward to see his updates.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:51 GMT
#1491
On March 05 2024 08:47 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 08:44 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:41 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:37 marvellosity wrote:
##vote: Palmar

To lynch I assume?

Obviously

Surface level, obvious townreads without Palmar-esque reasoning behind them.

Trying too hard to be funny.

Mafia


I could sheep you on that but it's possible he's still catching up.

We can do Oats + Palmar for D1.
What's your take on Oats?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:56 GMT
#1500
On March 05 2024 08:53 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 08:51 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:47 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:44 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:41 justanothertownie wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:37 marvellosity wrote:
##vote: Palmar

To lynch I assume?

Obviously

Surface level, obvious townreads without Palmar-esque reasoning behind them.

Trying too hard to be funny.

Mafia


I could sheep you on that but it's possible he's still catching up.

We can do Oats + Palmar for D1.
What's your take on Oats?

I thought tonally he has sounded town to me, lots of posts naturally coming one after another.

I’m willing to listen if you think otherwise though - sorry if I missed reasoning beforehand.


I think I saw too much overdrive from him early, like the question to Grack that seemed like filler. And now he's fallen off a cliff.
His reaction to the claim was minimalistic.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:57 GMT
#1501
On March 05 2024 08:54 Koshi wrote:
marv vote between rayn and Vivax please. I want you to pledge your vote already. If you are town it would actually ease my mind. I don't understand why you would need more time.

Mafia has 5 members. I want this to be obvious before I go to bed tomorrow.


Ditto.

Also what makes Koshi further supertown.

Committment is needed.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 23:58 GMT
#1505
On March 05 2024 08:01 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:31 CopCake wrote:
On March 05 2024 05:29 Koshi wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
[quote]Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

The problem with this entire conversation is that Tfrel looks smart and MZ bad.
But it is the only thing Tfrel does in this entire timespan.
Look smart.
But he isn't doing anything that helps town find mafia.

I don't like it at all.


I think this is the second? comment about it, first being my rayn if I remember correctly.

Why the "Trfl looks smart" a bad thing?

Last game here, he was on fire and caught all the mafia team.

If you feel like that, pressure him to give you a list of players.



Because he looks smart on a set-up topic. As mafia it is harder to look good doing actual scumhunting, seeing somebody play sub optimal in a set-up way and make a conversation about that is way easier. You know you have the upper ground.
During that conversation he doesn't make any other posts interrogating people or does he try to solve the game. He is content to just talk setup with somebody.


Old school best school
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 00:02 GMT
#1509
On March 05 2024 09:00 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 15:15 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 04 2024 15:06 DarthPunk wrote:
Oats looking better.

Why? I’m doing the same shit I was earlier

Does a scum post this?


Yes. Questioning lack of suspicion on themselves is actually not uncomon.

You still have your vote parked on VE.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 00:06 GMT
#1516
On March 05 2024 09:04 marvellosity wrote:
I’m watching 2 anime characters have sex. Wasn’t expecting that


That's why rayn and sandro are not posting.
You turned the discord into a smut cinema.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 00:08 GMT
#1519
On March 05 2024 09:07 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 09:06 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 09:04 marvellosity wrote:
I’m watching 2 anime characters have sex. Wasn’t expecting that


That's why rayn and sandro are not posting.
You turned the discord into a smut cinema.

Really is my style in fairness


Vote me for mayor and I'll tell you what dmb got from me as first gift.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 00:09 GMT
#1521
On March 05 2024 09:08 marvellosity wrote:
Sorry I was rude earlier Vivax. Wasn’t cool


I don't even mind when it's a single person but when it gets a group dynamic it sucks
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 00:13 GMT
#1529
I apologize too.

I'm surprised rayn didn't react more emotionally when I was rude to him though. Unless he is mafia of course.

Iamp probably doesn't give a damn.

JAT is just same old.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 00:24 GMT
#1542
On March 05 2024 09:23 Koshi wrote:
Rels is playing so good. Isn't he normally a guy who gathers a lot of votes on him as town and then comes back near EoD and tries to defend himself and fail?

I know he can play good. But mostly if he is left alone till later.

He upsets me but I don't know why.


Reminds me a bit of a French secret agent I once played chess with.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 00:25 GMT
#1543
On March 05 2024 05:56 Rels wrote:
I will be gone for the next few hours. die_meatbaby when I'm back this evening I would be ecstatic if I find a list post from you, or even who is your biggest scumread and why


Bruh
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 00:39 GMT
#1551
Trfel, Oats, CC, Palmar, rayn

would be my main sussy pool and Palmar is just me throwing trust at marv for now.

The auxiliary pool consists of JS, MZ, marv atm. I liked JS posts though, but pockety.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 02:05 GMT
#1639
On March 05 2024 10:36 Oatsmaster wrote:
Anyway here’s where I’m at
Town: koshi, iamp, rayn
Mafia: VE, jacob,


I value your input as I was really impressed by your reads on MS and frankly this looks like too little.

What do you think about sandro, marv, DP?
I really struggle to spot any type of focus here buddy.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 05 2024 02:19 GMT
#1648
Trfel had a hard townread on Oats and it needs updating.

I‘m not even tunneled I think.
I think rayn can be mafia but I‘d still not lynch him.
Cop felt like she was in way over her head at times.

Seeing Slam like this saddens me btw. Maybe he had a similar thought to mine.

Palmar a bit stiff overall. But I like his humour.

MZ with a very perfectionist display. Maybe a bit too much error-free for my liking. He avoids classical shitfights.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 65 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
Nathanias 132
Nina 114
SpeCial 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12799
Bale 11
League of Legends
Doublelift2432
JimRising 403
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5071
Khaldor1287
Liquid`Hasu734
Other Games
summit1g7022
fl0m817
shahzam494
ToD203
FrodaN160
KnowMe139
ArmadaUGS109
Mew2King70
NeuroSwarm56
JuggernautJason37
ViBE35
PPMD16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream69
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen94
Other Games
• imaqtpie869
• Shiphtur216
• Scarra175
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 19m
Stellar Fest
15h 19m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.