• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:59
CEST 19:59
KST 02:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9203 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 62

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 88 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 11:33 GMT
#8099
On March 14 2024 19:48 Palmar wrote:
What MZ says is not important. The entire point is this is what Rels reads out of the case:

Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 10:35 Rels wrote:
Not on bad post on Palmar TBH
Kinda townie from MZ too, thinking about the game as a whole and thinking about Palmar and I being partner. If Palmar is town, that means that this analysis is thrown out the window as soon as one of us flips


Essentially Rels understands this to be an associative case, ie: hinging on us being mafia TOGETHER. His claims that if either of us flip (town), the case goes out the window.

So in a town!Rels world, the only outcome of the case where it has any merit is if I flip mafia, which would implicate him. But why would town!Rels just accept that outcome

Additionally, town!Rels should know he's town and he thinks I'm scum!Palmar, so why is he okay with an association where the case concludes we're scum!Rels and scum!Palmar or town!Rels and town!Palmar. Either he should be attacking the idea that our alignments are linked in any way, or he should be changing his stance on me.




This post is pretty egregious.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 11:34 GMT
#8100
On March 14 2024 20:33 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 19:48 Palmar wrote:
What MZ says is not important. The entire point is this is what Rels reads out of the case:

On March 14 2024 10:35 Rels wrote:
Not on bad post on Palmar TBH
Kinda townie from MZ too, thinking about the game as a whole and thinking about Palmar and I being partner. If Palmar is town, that means that this analysis is thrown out the window as soon as one of us flips


Essentially Rels understands this to be an associative case, ie: hinging on us being mafia TOGETHER. His claims that if either of us flip (town), the case goes out the window.

So in a town!Rels world, the only outcome of the case where it has any merit is if I flip mafia, which would implicate him. But why would town!Rels just accept that outcome

Additionally, town!Rels should know he's town and he thinks I'm scum!Palmar, so why is he okay with an association where the case concludes we're scum!Rels and scum!Palmar or town!Rels and town!Palmar. Either he should be attacking the idea that our alignments are linked in any way, or he should be changing his stance on me.




This post is pretty egregious.


The one being quoted by rels
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 11:51 GMT
#8102
On March 14 2024 20:33 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 20:30 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 14 2024 20:27 Palmar wrote:
Need more DP in my life to help

Our schedules are the polar opposite.

I’m about to go to sleep I can post for a bit though. What’s up?


Read what I wrote about Rels' reaction to MZ case.

Read jat's initial defense.

Give thoughts.


Yeah I Thi k your analysis about Rels is spot on.


Jays initial defense looks like something that could be true as both alignments.

I have used similar arguments myself as town and as mafia.

It does sway me a little bit I’ll be honest. I want to see what he comes up with in terms of reads and views on the game.

As far as who could be more likely mafia at this point:

There is a large conglomerate of people who look roughly similarly likely to be mafia this game, which is making it difficult to sort.

Like I wouldn’t be surprised if koshi ended up mafia for example, or yourself.

I think perfection for me is at the top of that group as least likely to be mafia.

I will say I find your perfection case to be strange overall, as it is mostly from what I can tell a preflip association between JAT and perfection.

I have read enough old games to know that NOT doing that is somewhat of a mantra for you.

As far as the Poe goes there are still a lot of good reasons that I think cake is mafia and I find the resistance to the lynch incredible.

I also Think those people hard town reading her, likely to be spewing some additional information if she does turn out being town.

I think people like perfection, dmb, jealous all look much better if she flips town or if she flips mafia.

Rels has a few too many Tmi moments/ garnering cred moments.

I found his reaction to the tts flip to be particularly scummy.

Called it out to jealous in The mason chat at the time.

So I would look at something like a JAT/rels/cc team right now.


"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 11:52 GMT
#8103
On March 14 2024 20:38 Palmar wrote:
I know it's kinda bad.

Also, CC complaining about being set up to be next in line after I (her scumread) flips town is really bad as well.


Yes that is bad.

Add it to the super long list.

Then explain how some people can strongly town read her..

🤷
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:00 GMT
#8105
You gone? I’m off to bed then.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:04 GMT
#8108
On March 14 2024 21:00 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 20:52 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 14 2024 20:38 Palmar wrote:
I know it's kinda bad.

Also, CC complaining about being set up to be next in line after I (her scumread) flips town is really bad as well.


Yes that is bad.

Add it to the super long list.

Then explain how some people can strongly town read her..

🤷

It's the "I'm afraid to lynch an crazy townie over mafia".

Like I want her to be mafia, because that makes her smart. If she is mafia she is exploiting town's resistance to killing martyrs, she spewing bullshit reasons for everything she does and getting away with it.

But there is a reason people don't like killing martyrs and people who just think about the game in incredibly strange ways. Experience has taught us that there are plenty of people who don't act and play rationally as town.

So do we gamble on her being clever scum and not just bad town? I don't know. I'm more inclined to do it after this latest post from her.

If jat's initial defense looked a tiny bit better, CC's initial defense looked a tiny bit worse.

Sentences like JAT's "I can't help but defend myself even if I know it's not the best" sound.... kinda towny? maybe? But I don't know.


I agree with that. At this point cake is just a liability either way imo.

I do not trust she is not mafia. I do not trust she will not get mislynched at mylo if she is town.

I think she is perfectly correct in saying that flipping her clarifies things for town.

So in that way I kind of like that post from her.

Part of me also just wants to lynch her cause she is clearly not having a good time.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:05 GMT
#8110
On March 14 2024 21:01 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 21:00 DarthPunk wrote:
You gone? I’m off to bed then.

Well the call needs to be made.

I think I'll lynch any into cc, jat, rels at this point.


I’m fine with all of those.

We should probably lynch whoever is least likely to survive over yourself though.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:08 GMT
#8112
Will you be around in 8 hours still palmar?

I’ll be back then.

Until then I’m happy to be parked on JAT and see what develops from him.

If you make a decision based on what happens while I’m asleep I’ll consider it on its merits.

I plan to be around to manage the lead up to the flip
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:09 GMT
#8115
I don’t want to get off the JAT wagon right now. It all depends on what he does when he filter dives.

That man needs to make some reads.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:11 GMT
#8117
On March 14 2024 21:09 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 21:05 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:01 Palmar wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:00 DarthPunk wrote:
You gone? I’m off to bed then.

Well the call needs to be made.

I think I'll lynch any into cc, jat, rels at this point.


I’m fine with all of those.

We should probably lynch whoever is least likely to survive over yourself though.

I kinda don't think I'm in any real danger of dying. I feel like if there is one town in MZ and Rels they will be forced to reconsider their opinion on me as the day goes on, and I almost can't believe iamp would stick with his vote on me.

I just really, really want to hit mafia today. It's gonna make my life so much easier, and it's going to be hard and I'm probably going to have to be on the forefront of the wagon targeting said mafia. And I really, really don't want to mislynch a townie and have to deal with the bullshit fallout of that.


Yeah that makes sense.

My opinion right now is to stay the course on JAT and see what he does.


"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:11 GMT
#8118
On March 14 2024 21:10 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 21:08 DarthPunk wrote:
Will you be around in 8 hours still palmar?

I’ll be back then.

Until then I’m happy to be parked on JAT and see what develops from him.

If you make a decision based on what happens while I’m asleep I’ll consider it on its merits.

I plan to be around to manage the lead up to the flip

I will try to be around in maybe 9-ish hours. That's the evening my time.

Good night man, sorry for keeping you up.


All good not a problem. I have this issue with Rayn also.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:12 GMT
#8119
On March 14 2024 21:06 CopCake wrote:
Yeah, I am not having a good time.


Sorry.
😞
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:14 GMT
#8121
On March 14 2024 21:06 CopCake wrote:
Yeah, I am not having a good time.


Sorry.
😞
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 12:32 GMT
#8124
On March 14 2024 21:31 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2024 21:12 Palmar wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:08 CopCake wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:05 Palmar wrote:
On March 14 2024 21:03 CopCake wrote:
On March 13 2024 18:43 Koshi wrote:
##vote Palmar
It's JAT and Palmar. I truly hope I get lynched before you jubjubs lynch either cc or MZ. Because maybe that might stop you from throwing this game.

DP, you are legit too stubborn to play this game succesfully.
Probably I am too flimsy and together we might get somewhere.

But it is not going to happen.


I am sheeping this

And VE

And jacob

I mean I am so bad at playing I should follow my superiors


Yeah but now Koshi is voting something else. Stop with the self-pitying, it's a tired act.

Do you have any opinions on what has been developing over the last few pages? What do you think of jat? What do you think of my point about Rels? Do you have any updates on your read on me now that I've been pretty active in the thread for a while?


I will post my testament when I get lynched.


How about now?

This is so frustrating to deal with. If you're town why do you not want to help? What is the problem? We're trying to have a game of mafia and you've just decided that because someone said something mean to you at some point all of us need to be collectively punished and taught a lesson?

Mafia is a hard game, if you sign up, you need to play.

I don't want to mislynch you if you're town, but you're making it incredibly hard to not come to the conclusion that no one would be this selfish as town, and the reason for your demotivation is not just that you don't have the energy to defend yourself.

Stfu Palmar.

She has +30 pages. How can that not be enough to deduce her alignment.


Didn’t you say she was lock mafia if palmar was town? Why would it be wrong for palmar to consider her In that case?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 20:56 GMT
#8359
On March 15 2024 04:42 Koshi wrote:
I am locked boys. You have to convince Vivax/DP/iamp etc.

For me mafia is

JAT/Palmar/MZ

Locked and loaded till the end..
418 pages. I dont need to post anything else anymore.


I really don’t think this is right.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 20:57 GMT
#8360
On March 15 2024 04:55 Koshi wrote:
##Unvote
##Vote: Palmar

Time to vote with my homies. I hope DP sees what I see.


I get your train of thought but you are really throwing to a bus here. And mafia love to bus. Especially a red check.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 21:05 GMT
#8362
Let’s work in a world that palmar is town for a little bit.

Does that rule out JAT as mafia?

Cause day one he is locked in on town palmar as a lynch and a wagon forms on him because he refuses to vote trfel.

Now he is a risk of being lynched again and he is town reading the obvious counter wagon.

None of that makes sense if palmar town JAT mafia.

Now it does make sense if they are both mafia

But in that case why does palmar form a counter wagon on his own teammate of all people. There are a lot of people that look roughly similar this game to choose from.

Does mafia palmar choose to bus here for no reason?

So I don’t think they are paired either.

Can’t say I love the conclusions being drawn here.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 21:12 GMT
#8367
I don’t want to lynch palmar.

Why not JAT first?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 21:14 GMT
#8369
Although I will say he has posted a lot of reads today. So that is kinda of defeating the reason I thought he was mafia.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 14 2024 21:15 GMT
#8372
On March 15 2024 06:14 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2024 06:14 DarthPunk wrote:
Although I will say he has posted a lot of reads today. So that is kinda of defeating the reason I thought he was mafia.

He does it so he gains towncred so he can push people off Palmar.
Be very fucking wary if he suddenly starts hard pushing stuff in this thread.


Who JAT?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Prev 1 60 61 62 63 64 88 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 250
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 250
BRAT_OK 63
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26276
Mini 417
Hyuk 230
firebathero 193
ggaemo 145
Mong 44
Hyun 40
ToSsGirL 26
PianO 22
Bale 11
Dota 2
Gorgc10592
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1387
crisheroes1141
Liquid`Hasu726
Other Games
Grubby2893
FrodaN2256
fl0m1104
Beastyqt1052
Mlord469
KnowMe164
Livibee152
ArmadaUGS132
mouzStarbuck122
Mew2King59
Trikslyr41
ToD40
Chillindude20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1056
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 99
• StrangeGG 58
• Adnapsc2 16
• LUISG 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8191
• WagamamaTV243
Other Games
• imaqtpie679
• Shiphtur292
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1h 1m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 1m
INu's Battles
18h 1m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
21h 1m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 1h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 16h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 17h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.