• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:16
CEST 07:16
KST 14:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8633 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 477

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 475 476 477 478 479 555 Next
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:19 GMT
#9521
On March 17 2024 12:18 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 12:16 Vivax wrote:
On March 17 2024 12:14 die_meatbaby wrote:
On March 17 2024 12:01 Vivax wrote:
On March 17 2024 11:56 die_meatbaby wrote:
lets lynch dp vivax found out everything. Grack told us and we didn´t see it


Funny because I think it‘s true.
Jacob is the gunsmith dog (Gromit?) being shot with his own gun kinda.

Grack snuck a host clue in but it‘d be a dick move to lynch DP for it :D

kinda scummy from dp not reacting on the case on him


We can‘t use it unless we want him to go to war with the host

If we don't lynch scum today and he's still alive we policy him for posting too much.


I'd rather you do that today than next phase, cause I don't really wanna throw the game at mylo.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 17 2024 03:19 GMT
#9522
On March 16 2024 19:37 Palmar wrote:
I hate reading MZ so much.

I'm so certain he has to be mafia for the game to make sense. And my feeling throughout the game, and even very often in his posting he sounds like passive mafia. He's never in the thick of things. He even did the same dumbass "I'll be mayor" thing that Oats did.

But he's just such a genuinely likable person that I don't want to call him scum, and it makes it hard. I'm just a short bit into his filter and I need to head out now.

I am going to be far less available than yesterday, so you know, if you wanna take a shot at me, your shot is today boys

I knew this was familiar. Here is a post from 4 days prior:
On March 12 2024 23:39 Palmar wrote:
Still don't like MZ, but again, it's just preliminary filtering, not a full read.

And another 2 days later:
On March 14 2024 07:20 Palmar wrote:
I need Rels to come tell me MZ is still town in his mind, I cba reading the later pages of his filter.

The more I think about it, MZ did mason me, and his literal first words were "hey I think you're town." I kinda regret now not engaging with him at all, but we're on stupid different time schedules.

So he has been reading (or possibly only claims to have read if scum) MZ's filter. Maybe only once, likely partially based on his last post, but he's done it. Why does he start again on March 16? If he's town, it's hard to believe. If he's scum, it's because he claimed to have done it, but probably just didn't and just posted what he wanted to post on MZ anyway, and then had forgotten about it a few days later.

It also clashes with this post:
On March 16 2024 18:53 Palmar wrote:
I'm not caught up since the night, so my current view of the game has not shifted at all.

I think JAT did well under pressure, and despite my eternal annoyance with iamp I don't want to lynch him. Throw in my town circle of Vivax and DP and it becomes a 4 person PoE

MZ, Rels, Jealous, dmb

Out of those I have had a reason to townread dmb at some point in the game. And while I hate how Rels "feels" in the game I may have gone overboard scumreading him on that one post yesterday. By "feels" I mean that Rels is never, ever in the thick of things. He's always on the periphery and then wades in with some takes that everyone promptly ignores.

So I am currently looking at the following lynch pool

MZ and Jealous.

Iamp, being annoying as he usually is, complained about me not talking about MZ. That is actually a really good point. To me MZ has been the most invisible player in the game. At this point I've actually done fairly good dives on jat, Rels, Vivax, and smaller dives on dmb, jealous. I'm never reading DPs filter, and I'm not letting NK wifom change my mind that he's untouchable till lylo. Then MZ and Iamp himself are the people I've not really bothered to filter at all, but based on thread stuff I've assigned them their current rankings in my head.

I don't care about finding a "scum team". Today all I want is to murder one of the people who is actually scummy. And to me I think we have at least a 50% if not 100% chance of hitting mafia between those two.

"I've not really bothered to filter at all" is provably wrong based on the 2 posts I've quoted above.
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 17 2024 03:20 GMT
#9523
Dp if we don't lynch scum today I'm going to have a mental breakdown.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:21 GMT
#9524
He has also weirdly had MZ as mafia since day one:

On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa


then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.


Which is strange when you are stating you are not reading the posts of that player.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:22 GMT
#9525
On March 17 2024 12:20 iamperfection wrote:
Dp if we don't lynch scum today I'm going to have a mental breakdown.


I'm putting in work right now. I will be around for the next 8 hours at least.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 17 2024 03:23 GMT
#9526
On March 17 2024 12:22 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 12:20 iamperfection wrote:
Dp if we don't lynch scum today I'm going to have a mental breakdown.


I'm putting in work right now. I will be around for the next 8 hours at least.

Well it's my bed time. Around for deadline? I have a dinner but will phone post.
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:24 GMT
#9527
On March 17 2024 12:23 iamperfection wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 12:22 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 17 2024 12:20 iamperfection wrote:
Dp if we don't lynch scum today I'm going to have a mental breakdown.


I'm putting in work right now. I will be around for the next 8 hours at least.

Well it's my bed time. Around for deadline? I have a dinner but will phone post.


Yep Ill be around for several hours before, I just have a physio appointment 2 hours prior.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 17 2024 03:27 GMT
#9528
On March 17 2024 12:13 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 09:10 Rels wrote:
Gotta go. I would say out of the options I have, my preference would be Palmar > JAT > random lurker (out of those, I still think TTS has the highest chance of flipping scum)

Still think Trfel is town, I would prefer any random lurker over him


What bothers me here is that Rels was voting Jat but prefers to default to random lurker to spare Trfel.

There‘s a lazy town perspective to be had but shouldn‘t he just try to move everyone to Jat instead ?

He voted him without seeing red flags in a prior post so great excuse to not do much.

And asking for random lurker after calling out TTs so early also is telling. He should have had him in mind and called for support. Hapa was already being taken care of.

Don't know what to say except that IRL got in the way. When I joined the thread late D1, I hadn't read like half of it, maybe more, so I had no idea what happened. I filtered a few people, proably only Palmar/JAT/Trfel that were the wagons and TTS for whom I was voting. I had absolutely no thread presence or control to ask for anything, just wanted to have an opinion of the wagons and vote for the one I thought would flip scum. And then I had to leave again to take care of my daughter

I was not available to do anything or try to make anyone do anything (not that it's my forte as town D1 anyway)
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:28 GMT
#9529
On March 07 2024 00:33 Palmar wrote:
Yeah I didn't mind Jealous' list post.

Need to punch him to be more active tomorrow, but not really a huge deal for now. Good cop check probably if someone wants to go for it, because I don't know if I can count on him stepping up transparency and activity as the game goes on.

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:30 GMT
#9530
On March 17 2024 12:28 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:33 Palmar wrote:
Yeah I didn't mind Jealous' list post.

Need to punch him to be more active tomorrow, but not really a huge deal for now. Good cop check probably if someone wants to go for it, because I don't know if I can count on him stepping up transparency and activity as the game goes on.



A bit tinfoil. but night one with slam makes a lot of sense if they are going for a clear here on jealous.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:30 GMT
#9531
Rels who is the third with Pal/Jealous if you had to guess?
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:31 GMT
#9532
I think it's Jat
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 17 2024 03:31 GMT
#9533
You are excused because of rl.
But it‘s still a bad look.

That and DP trying a deflection to Palmar right after you maybe.

Looks like I‘ll have to towncase the guy if I want the jealous crusade to succeed.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 17 2024 03:31 GMT
#9534
On March 17 2024 12:31 DarthPunk wrote:
I think it's Jat


lol
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:32 GMT
#9535
On March 17 2024 12:31 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 12:31 DarthPunk wrote:
I think it's Jat


lol


What?

"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 17 2024 03:33 GMT
#9536
On March 17 2024 12:28 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:33 Palmar wrote:
Yeah I didn't mind Jealous' list post.

Need to punch him to be more active tomorrow, but not really a huge deal for now. Good cop check probably if someone wants to go for it, because I don't know if I can count on him stepping up transparency and activity as the game goes on.


Genius if true!!!
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:33 GMT
#9537
On March 17 2024 12:31 Vivax wrote:
You are excused because of rl.
But it‘s still a bad look.

That and DP trying a deflection to Palmar right after you maybe.

Looks like I‘ll have to towncase the guy if I want the jealous crusade to succeed.


This shit is not helpful BTW vivax, you are far too tunneled. They could be both mafia, not everything is manipulations from the shadows, people are just trying to play the game and determine peoples alignments and reset their thinking.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 17 2024 03:34 GMT
#9538
On March 17 2024 12:32 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 12:31 Vivax wrote:
On March 17 2024 12:31 DarthPunk wrote:
I think it's Jat


lol


What?



Idk seems abrupt when you were just talking about Palmar.
Apologies, carry on.
DarthPunk
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Australia10859 Posts
March 17 2024 03:34 GMT
#9539
On March 17 2024 12:33 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 17 2024 12:28 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 07 2024 00:33 Palmar wrote:
Yeah I didn't mind Jealous' list post.

Need to punch him to be more active tomorrow, but not really a huge deal for now. Good cop check probably if someone wants to go for it, because I don't know if I can count on him stepping up transparency and activity as the game goes on.


Genius if true!!!


well not really, cause Oats got a redcheck.

But it would explain leaving slam alone night one at least.
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was."
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 17 2024 03:34 GMT
#9540
On March 17 2024 12:30 DarthPunk wrote:
Rels who is the third with Pal/Jealous if you had to guess?

DMB
Partly because I scumread her, but with a lot more doubts than Jealous/Palmar
Partly because POE. I townread to some degree literally everyone else
Prev 1 475 476 477 478 479 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft258
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft731
PiGStarcraft258
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 345
Stork 207
Leta 121
ggaemo 110
PianO 61
Hyuk 29
Bale 15
yabsab 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm205
League of Legends
JimRising 785
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox663
Westballz59
Mew2King13
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor635
Other Games
summit1g8851
Coldzera 820
C9.Mang0296
Sick130
RuFF_SC2125
ViBE77
ArmadaUGS42
Liquid`Ken6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick701
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream118
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• Letter148
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2175
League of Legends
• Lourlo1336
• Stunt412
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 44m
Online Event
5h 44m
FEL
10h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.