• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:47
CEST 16:47
KST 23:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7972 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 44

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 555 Next
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:14 GMT
#861
On March 05 2024 03:05 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:03 Vivax wrote:
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.

Explain how to my dumb ass


An investigative claim is less likely to provoke a counterclaim with the possible presence of multiple ones.
Have I seen a game with doctor + jailkeeper? Maybe once I think.
die_meatbaby
Profile Joined May 2023
Colombia1344 Posts
March 04 2024 18:15 GMT
#862
On March 05 2024 02:56 CopCake wrote:
I also do not understand the whole vivax is town because he claimed jailkeeper because that is bullshit.

Not because the logic of the whole scenario but because I think he is the type of player to be insane enough as mafia to do something like that.


I have to mention that I have read so many games from Vivax from the last decade. I can't remember a single game where he claimed a PR as Mafia. He only does something like that when he's really blue or at least green. I think he wouldn't do shit like that, which happens often and ends bad for scum, on day 1 as a scum. toooooo fucking risky. First lowkey townread I have so far.

Maybe we should really make him mayor. He would not ever do that so early and risking d1 lynch for that. Would be to insane
Everything has an end only the sausage has two
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 04 2024 18:15 GMT
#863
No mafia counter claims to try to influence the mayor vote
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 18:17 GMT
#864
On March 05 2024 03:14 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:05 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:03 Vivax wrote:
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.

Explain how to my dumb ass


An investigative claim is less likely to provoke a counterclaim with the possible presence of multiple ones.
Have I seen a game with doctor + jailkeeper? Maybe once I think.

How does this make you a better mayor than Rayn Marv Hapa Iamp VE?

Because no one is going to make me mayor.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:17 GMT
#865
On March 05 2024 03:15 marvellosity wrote:
No mafia counter claims to try to influence the mayor vote


They almost have to permanently burn a roleblock on me and find the bodyguards. And I don't run the risk of interfering with town roles.

I think my claim was good play, until I saw that only Rels knew what to do.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 04 2024 18:17 GMT
#866
Voting ToTheStars, mainly for his last post.

On March 04 2024 20:36 ToTheStars wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say that I posted and then disappeared. I am not going to be playing mafia all day long. Don't expect me to post more than like 5-10 posts per 10-20 pages. Also I am not used to games with over 20 players so I'm likely going to put minimal effort until day 4 or 5, or whenever we get to a more manageable number of players (I'd say 11 living players is when I start really thriving).

I'm a he btw (because I saw somebuddy ask).

And I voted trfel because I didn't like their entrance. It felt a bit off tone-wise, like fake maybe. I am not even close to being convinced they are mafia, but where I come from you use votes to apply pressure, which allows you to develop reads better. I don't really have a grasp on the game right now or on the style of mafia you play here, so 90% of what has been posted so far sounds completely irrelevant to anyone's alignment, and tbh I'm kinda grasping at straws to have any sort of read (and still end up with extremely weak reads). But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.


I hate the last paragraph in particular. So much words to justify this weak vote. It looks like he's afraid to do something that might be suspicious and is asking permission

The rest of his filter is also nothing
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 18:18 GMT
#867
On March 05 2024 03:17 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:15 marvellosity wrote:
No mafia counter claims to try to influence the mayor vote


They almost have to permanently burn a roleblock on me and find the bodyguards. And I don't run the risk of interfering with town roles.

I think my claim was good play, until I saw that only Rels knew what to do.

I may yet come around
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:18 GMT
#868
On March 05 2024 03:17 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:14 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:05 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:03 Vivax wrote:
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.

Explain how to my dumb ass


An investigative claim is less likely to provoke a counterclaim with the possible presence of multiple ones.
Have I seen a game with doctor + jailkeeper? Maybe once I think.

How does this make you a better mayor than Rayn Marv Hapa Iamp VE?

Because no one is going to make me mayor.


From what I saw with your claim your intention was different.
You dind't want to be mayor with your claim unlike me, you just wanted to not prove yourself town.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 18:19 GMT
#869
On March 05 2024 03:03 Vivax wrote:
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.

no way mafia cc's for mayor...
table for two on a tv tray
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 04 2024 18:19 GMT
#870
On March 05 2024 03:11 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:04 Rels wrote:
##Mayor: Vivax

I don't see how that's not the correct play

Any other thoughts?

Yeah I have a bunch of open tabs so I remember to write thoughts about them. I'm working at the same time though, so they'll come as a trickle
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
March 04 2024 18:19 GMT
#871
On March 05 2024 03:17 Rels wrote:
Voting ToTheStars, mainly for his last post.

Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 20:36 ToTheStars wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say that I posted and then disappeared. I am not going to be playing mafia all day long. Don't expect me to post more than like 5-10 posts per 10-20 pages. Also I am not used to games with over 20 players so I'm likely going to put minimal effort until day 4 or 5, or whenever we get to a more manageable number of players (I'd say 11 living players is when I start really thriving).

I'm a he btw (because I saw somebuddy ask).

And I voted trfel because I didn't like their entrance. It felt a bit off tone-wise, like fake maybe. I am not even close to being convinced they are mafia, but where I come from you use votes to apply pressure, which allows you to develop reads better. I don't really have a grasp on the game right now or on the style of mafia you play here, so 90% of what has been posted so far sounds completely irrelevant to anyone's alignment, and tbh I'm kinda grasping at straws to have any sort of read (and still end up with extremely weak reads). But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.


I hate the last paragraph in particular. So much words to justify this weak vote. It looks like he's afraid to do something that might be suspicious and is asking permission

The rest of his filter is also nothing

Would you vote for that if you played in mafiascum?
table for two on a tv tray
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:19 GMT
#872
On March 05 2024 03:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:03 Vivax wrote:
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.

no way mafia cc's for mayor...


One more reason for me to be town
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 18:20 GMT
#873
On March 05 2024 03:18 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:17 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:14 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:05 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:03 Vivax wrote:
If you threaten the mafia to make me mayor you might even provoke a counterclaim.
Bad strategic thinking from rayn voters.

Explain how to my dumb ass


An investigative claim is less likely to provoke a counterclaim with the possible presence of multiple ones.
Have I seen a game with doctor + jailkeeper? Maybe once I think.

How does this make you a better mayor than Rayn Marv Hapa Iamp VE?

Because no one is going to make me mayor.


From what I saw with your claim your intention was different.
You dind't want to be mayor with your claim unlike me, you just wanted to not prove yourself town.

More or less
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 04 2024 18:20 GMT
#874
On March 05 2024 03:17 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:15 marvellosity wrote:
No mafia counter claims to try to influence the mayor vote


They almost have to permanently burn a roleblock on me and find the bodyguards. And I don't run the risk of interfering with town roles.

I think my claim was good play, until I saw that only Rels knew what to do.

Jk is a town role. It means they have guaranteed 100% hit rate on a blue. Mafia’s dream…
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22414 Posts
March 04 2024 18:21 GMT
#875
On March 05 2024 03:20 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:17 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:15 marvellosity wrote:
No mafia counter claims to try to influence the mayor vote


They almost have to permanently burn a roleblock on me and find the bodyguards. And I don't run the risk of interfering with town roles.

I think my claim was good play, until I saw that only Rels knew what to do.

Jk is a town role. It means they have guaranteed 100% hit rate on a blue. Mafia’s dream…


Then find mafia?
You love complaining apparently but all you'd have to do now is place the right vote and try to kill a red.
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
March 04 2024 18:22 GMT
#876
On March 05 2024 03:21 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:20 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:17 Vivax wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:15 marvellosity wrote:
No mafia counter claims to try to influence the mayor vote


They almost have to permanently burn a roleblock on me and find the bodyguards. And I don't run the risk of interfering with town roles.

I think my claim was good play, until I saw that only Rels knew what to do.

Jk is a town role. It means they have guaranteed 100% hit rate on a blue. Mafia’s dream…


Then find mafia?
You love complaining apparently but all you'd have to do now is place the right vote and try to kill a red.

Hahah. I mean, fair enough x
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
March 04 2024 18:24 GMT
#877
I'm also potentially busy tomorrow more than ususal- so- yeah
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
CopCake
Profile Joined August 2015
4378 Posts
March 04 2024 18:26 GMT
#878
This game

is not what I expected it to be
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 04 2024 18:27 GMT
#879
On March 05 2024 03:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:17 Rels wrote:
Voting ToTheStars, mainly for his last post.

On March 04 2024 20:36 ToTheStars wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say that I posted and then disappeared. I am not going to be playing mafia all day long. Don't expect me to post more than like 5-10 posts per 10-20 pages. Also I am not used to games with over 20 players so I'm likely going to put minimal effort until day 4 or 5, or whenever we get to a more manageable number of players (I'd say 11 living players is when I start really thriving).

I'm a he btw (because I saw somebuddy ask).

And I voted trfel because I didn't like their entrance. It felt a bit off tone-wise, like fake maybe. I am not even close to being convinced they are mafia, but where I come from you use votes to apply pressure, which allows you to develop reads better. I don't really have a grasp on the game right now or on the style of mafia you play here, so 90% of what has been posted so far sounds completely irrelevant to anyone's alignment, and tbh I'm kinda grasping at straws to have any sort of read (and still end up with extremely weak reads). But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.


I hate the last paragraph in particular. So much words to justify this weak vote. It looks like he's afraid to do something that might be suspicious and is asking permission

The rest of his filter is also nothing

Would you vote for that if you played in mafiascum?

I don't understand the question how would it change anything?
iamperfection
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States9648 Posts
March 04 2024 18:27 GMT
#880
On March 05 2024 03:27 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 03:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 03:17 Rels wrote:
Voting ToTheStars, mainly for his last post.

On March 04 2024 20:36 ToTheStars wrote:
I don't think it's fair to say that I posted and then disappeared. I am not going to be playing mafia all day long. Don't expect me to post more than like 5-10 posts per 10-20 pages. Also I am not used to games with over 20 players so I'm likely going to put minimal effort until day 4 or 5, or whenever we get to a more manageable number of players (I'd say 11 living players is when I start really thriving).

I'm a he btw (because I saw somebuddy ask).

And I voted trfel because I didn't like their entrance. It felt a bit off tone-wise, like fake maybe. I am not even close to being convinced they are mafia, but where I come from you use votes to apply pressure, which allows you to develop reads better. I don't really have a grasp on the game right now or on the style of mafia you play here, so 90% of what has been posted so far sounds completely irrelevant to anyone's alignment, and tbh I'm kinda grasping at straws to have any sort of read (and still end up with extremely weak reads). But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.


I hate the last paragraph in particular. So much words to justify this weak vote. It looks like he's afraid to do something that might be suspicious and is asking permission

The rest of his filter is also nothing

Would you vote for that if you played in mafiascum?

I don't understand the question how would it change anything?

It's where that player comes from
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=406168&currentpage=78#1551
Prev 1 42 43 44 45 46 555 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 432
ProTech141
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32484
Bisu 3049
Shuttle 1749
Hyuk 1358
EffOrt 753
Mini 672
Larva 347
Soma 284
firebathero 246
ZerO 242
[ Show more ]
Zeus 110
hero 95
Last 81
Sexy 78
Mong 45
Hyun 44
Killer 42
Pusan 36
ToSsGirL 36
PianO 32
Bale 31
Trap 29
Aegong 28
Hm[arnc] 23
sorry 20
zelot 16
Rock 11
JulyZerg 11
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Sacsri 9
Icarus 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7894
qojqva1507
Dendi778
Counter-Strike
fl0m2439
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1296
crisheroes982
Liquid`Hasu566
Lowko444
Other Games
singsing2275
B2W.Neo1343
Beastyqt494
Livibee218
Hui .208
Liquid`VortiX147
KnowMe112
ArmadaUGS91
Mew2King88
elazer67
CosmosSc2 21
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream68
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 38
• Adnapsc2 4
• poizon28 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8409
• WagamamaTV193
League of Legends
• Jankos2022
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 14m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 14m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 14m
INu's Battles
21h 14m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.