• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:05
CEST 20:05
KST 03:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8785 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 28 Next All
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 05 2024 23:53 GMT
#2546
On March 06 2024 08:49 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:49 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:45 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:38 Rels wrote:
If Palmar was the leading wagon or counterwagon to him at the time, I don't see the issue? I can relate to not having the time



It's a stark difference to his level last game.

He posted a bit at the start of the game, got town read and noped out.

But hey, you can vote Jat with me if you want instead, or propose something else.

Will try to filter JAT before I have to go

I mean you could just go

LOL
I really have a hard time understanding this:
On March 06 2024 08:30 Rels wrote:
"I really, really, really don't think marv just tries to kill me without even talking about it." => then 1 hour later "Wait you still think I'm mafia?"

?????

I don't know if there is any explanation you could give that would satisfy me, but, maybe try?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 06 2024 00:02 GMT
#2565
Finished reading JAT's filter, DP anything what was the thing(s) you saw that was not smart? I thought it was pretty empty for sure, didn't see any red flag though.
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 06 2024 00:04 GMT
#2572
On March 06 2024 09:02 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 09:00 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 09:00 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:59 Vivax wrote:
Not gonna lie Palmar might have just called out all the mafia in the top part of his post.
Good job team.


I think rels is town when he posts.


MZ too.

I’m sketchy on Rels tbh. I hated his post on oats earlier. I think he knows oats better than that to make that post.

Can you elaborate? What I said would be true for a random player but wrong specifically for Oats?

FTR I don't remember playing with him, but most of my games were a long time ago
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 06 2024 00:08 GMT
#2580
On March 05 2024 20:59 justanothertownie wrote:
Apparently people are dead set on making Vivax mayor. They cannot all be mafia even though I would bet a lot of money that mafia is on board.
The logic apparently being Vivax wouldn't make such a bad play as mafia. The disconnect here is that he did the bad play regardless of his alignment but for some reason only town can be bad in people's minds. I disagree with that but I really don't know what to do about it except for complaining and offering a better alternative which is koshi right now. What am I supposed to do in your opinion, rayn?

Yeah I guess this post from the sandroba case is pretty lackluster
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 06 2024 00:10 GMT
#2582
Gotta go. I would say out of the options I have, my preference would be Palmar > JAT > random lurker (out of those, I still think TTS has the highest chance of flipping scum)

Still think Trfel is town, I would prefer any random lurker over him
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 06 2024 00:11 GMT
#2583
I don't know if everyone jumped off Palmar, but that's the scummiest thing that happened in the game in my opinion:
On March 06 2024 08:19 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:12 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:07 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 09:51 Palmar wrote:
Cba arguing with marv now but did make a mental note of him posting about vivax probably being town but not wanting to mayor him. Weird take because voting town mayor is always best. Can just bully them into lynching theme way we want.

But ironically I’m not sure marv would call me mafia as scum because he has no idea if I’m gonna put in work tomorrow or be lazy. But it’s all very weak and I’m not day 1 lynching players who can be relied on to actually try later on in the game.

I liked some Koshi posts


This is what I had in mind. Less strong than I thought but yeah, at the beginning of the marv push, the mentality was "marv wouldn't push me as scum". Let's see where that changes
On March 05 2024 22:43 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
--- Wall of text ---


Just so I get it clear.

a) Marv votes me and nowhere in your interactions he discusses or mentions the possibility of me being mafia?
b) You don't think that's strange at all?

Like you say twice I could be mafia, fine.

But you don't think it's weird marv doesn't even ponder it in a chat with you? The most important thing he does during the day phase is voting, and he is voting a player he likes and knows very well, and doesn't make a single comment about it?

Not weird?


I guess there, throwing shade at marv


Because I wanted marv to change his mind during my flurry of posting this morning. He failed to do so correctly and is has received a citation for that.

That's not true. Here you were surprised at marv not changing his mind:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 23:53 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 23:50 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:12 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 20:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Thankfully i can play the game with marv, it's much more enjoyable than this thread.

It looks really, really bad for you guys that you're all just checked out of the game but claim to be active in the thread.

At least be a man and just actually check out of the game like me.

Whoever is town of you three needs to start getting shit done in the thread.

I’m getting you lynched bro.

Wait you still think I'm mafia?

Did you read my last 2 pages?

But you were throwing shade at him before that point:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 22:12 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 20:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Thankfully i can play the game with marv, it's much more enjoyable than this thread.

It looks really, really bad for you guys that you're all just checked out of the game but claim to be active in the thread.

At least be a man and just actually check out of the game like me.

Whoever is town of you three needs to start getting shit done in the thread.

Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 22:43 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
--- Wall of text ---


Just so I get it clear.

a) Marv votes me and nowhere in your interactions he discusses or mentions the possibility of me being mafia?
b) You don't think that's strange at all?

Like you say twice I could be mafia, fine.

But you don't think it's weird marv doesn't even ponder it in a chat with you? The most important thing he does during the day phase is voting, and he is voting a player he likes and knows very well, and doesn't make a single comment about it?

Not weird?


Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 22:48 Palmar wrote:
I need Sandroba to come convince me his mason buddies aren't just mafia.

I really, really, really don't think marv just tries to kill me without even talking about it.


On March 06 2024 08:30 Rels wrote:
"I really, really, really don't think marv just tries to kill me without even talking about it." => then 1 hour later "Wait you still think I'm mafia?"

?????

Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 06 2024 00:12 GMT
#2584
Will be back at least 1 hour before the deadline!
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 06 2024 00:12 GMT
#2586
##Unvote
##Vote: Palmar
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 06 2024 02:26 GMT
#2759
Well looks like I won't be able to join after all. My daughter is still not well and is still not sleeping so I'm staying with her until she's better. Will try to phone read and post if she starts to sleep but no guarantee . Will also switch to JAT since nobody is on the Palmar wagon anymore
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 06 2024 03:27 GMT
#2925
Meh on Trfel being lynched, I would have lynched over half the game before him
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 02:10 GMT
#3715
On March 06 2024 12:29 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 12:27 Rels wrote:
Meh on Trfel being lynched, I would have lynched over half the game before him


Oh and this cutie pie I forgot was in the game.

<3
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 02:14 GMT
#3717
On March 06 2024 12:39 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 12:37 CopCake wrote:
So my theory is that Tfrel got lynched because mafia big boys are scared of him.


He got lynched because of his end of day posts.

I was about to swap to JAT and he basically claimed mafia ITT

I really disagree. He looked like town that didn't have the time to properly play while knowing you're supposed to be there at the deadline, especially when you're one of the wagon
I thought his posts were pretty empathic
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 02:23 GMT
#3722
Cake having and pushing her theory that the whole scum team conspired D1 to kill Trfel because they were scared of him is really townie
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 02:27 GMT
#3726
On March 06 2024 14:41 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 14:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 14:33 DarthPunk wrote:
Does anyone have a strong read on rels?


Very good push towards Palmar.


Do you mean this series of posts?

+ Show Spoiler +
On March 06 2024 08:05 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 00:19 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 00:10 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 00:07 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 00:00 marvellosity wrote:
Do you know why I normally tr read you Palmar?

No idea.

Or well, I do have a guess that it's largely a tone read coupled with some parameters on how I think about the game.

Honestly, doesn't really matter to me. But please do explain because I'm going to enjoy watching your backtrack if I flip before you this game.

Unless....

You just wanna be my friend and give me a townread.



And - i know you know I don’t push for you like this as mafia. As if you are town I am putting myself in an incredibly difficult spot when the person I know best flips town. It’s a terrible play. The only logical explanation is I am town and I think you are mafia.

See this is only valid if I genuinely believe you want to play the game. You would be perfectly happy trading yourself for a 1v1 lynch as mafia IF you don't really want to play.

There is a reason I said earlier that I can't call you scum for being lazy, but I also can't call you town for kinda... lazily pushing me. If you had 15 pages of filter and were hammering down on me with the wrath of a thousand suns you'd be town.

As for now, I don't know, and I don't really think it's productive for us to argue about it. Just go read other people and see what you find. Maybe talk to Sandroba in your friend chat.


Not done reading Palmar's filter, but this reads like Palmar doesn't know what to do. I can see scum!Palmar posting this. Especially since he was pretty confident earlier in his filter that marv would never push him as scum


On March 06 2024 08:07 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 09:51 Palmar wrote:
Cba arguing with marv now but did make a mental note of him posting about vivax probably being town but not wanting to mayor him. Weird take because voting town mayor is always best. Can just bully them into lynching theme way we want.

But ironically I’m not sure marv would call me mafia as scum because he has no idea if I’m gonna put in work tomorrow or be lazy. But it’s all very weak and I’m not day 1 lynching players who can be relied on to actually try later on in the game.

I liked some Koshi posts


This is what I had in mind. Less strong than I thought but yeah, at the beginning of the marv push, the mentality was "marv wouldn't push me as scum". Let's see where that changes
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 22:43 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
--- Wall of text ---


Just so I get it clear.

a) Marv votes me and nowhere in your interactions he discusses or mentions the possibility of me being mafia?
b) You don't think that's strange at all?

Like you say twice I could be mafia, fine.

But you don't think it's weird marv doesn't even ponder it in a chat with you? The most important thing he does during the day phase is voting, and he is voting a player he likes and knows very well, and doesn't make a single comment about it?

Not weird?


I guess there, throwing shade at marv


On March 06 2024 08:13 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 23:59 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 23:56 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 23:55 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 23:53 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:43 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
--- Wall of text ---


Just so I get it clear.

a) Marv votes me and nowhere in your interactions he discusses or mentions the possibility of me being mafia?
b) You don't think that's strange at all?

Like you say twice I could be mafia, fine.

But you don't think it's weird marv doesn't even ponder it in a chat with you? The most important thing he does during the day phase is voting, and he is voting a player he likes and knows very well, and doesn't make a single comment about it?

Not weird?


Not weird because you hadn’t posted, you useless sack of crap

I don't agree.

I'm not saying you had to make a case on me. But I feel like you should at least say something "hey Palmar is being useless, maybe we should just kill him, at least try and force him to play a bit"

Or anything, really.

It's not a huge deal, but like, that means your chat is pretty non-interactive, which is weird because you both seem to townread each other.

Our chat was very active during the day.

Youlll notice I’ve been more active in the thread since as I am trying to play here.

You also know I don’t need anyone to confirm a read I have on you. What is anyone going to tell me that I don’t know?

No I know that, that's not the point.

It just feels out of character. You do like to ponder. You rarely do the guns blazing thing, that's my thing.

Doesn't match with this later post:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 00:19 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 00:10 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 00:07 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 00:00 marvellosity wrote:
Do you know why I normally tr read you Palmar?

No idea.

Or well, I do have a guess that it's largely a tone read coupled with some parameters on how I think about the game.

Honestly, doesn't really matter to me. But please do explain because I'm going to enjoy watching your backtrack if I flip before you this game.

Unless....

You just wanna be my friend and give me a townread.



And - i know you know I don’t push for you like this as mafia. As if you are town I am putting myself in an incredibly difficult spot when the person I know best flips town. It’s a terrible play. The only logical explanation is I am town and I think you are mafia.

See this is only valid if I genuinely believe you want to play the game. You would be perfectly happy trading yourself for a 1v1 lynch as mafia IF you don't really want to play.

There is a reason I said earlier that I can't call you scum for being lazy, but I also can't call you town for kinda... lazily pushing me. If you had 15 pages of filter and were hammering down on me with the wrath of a thousand suns you'd be town.

As for now, I don't know, and I don't really think it's productive for us to argue about it. Just go read other people and see what you find. Maybe talk to Sandroba in your friend chat.




On March 06 2024 08:19 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:12 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:07 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 09:51 Palmar wrote:
Cba arguing with marv now but did make a mental note of him posting about vivax probably being town but not wanting to mayor him. Weird take because voting town mayor is always best. Can just bully them into lynching theme way we want.

But ironically I’m not sure marv would call me mafia as scum because he has no idea if I’m gonna put in work tomorrow or be lazy. But it’s all very weak and I’m not day 1 lynching players who can be relied on to actually try later on in the game.

I liked some Koshi posts


This is what I had in mind. Less strong than I thought but yeah, at the beginning of the marv push, the mentality was "marv wouldn't push me as scum". Let's see where that changes
On March 05 2024 22:43 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
--- Wall of text ---


Just so I get it clear.

a) Marv votes me and nowhere in your interactions he discusses or mentions the possibility of me being mafia?
b) You don't think that's strange at all?

Like you say twice I could be mafia, fine.

But you don't think it's weird marv doesn't even ponder it in a chat with you? The most important thing he does during the day phase is voting, and he is voting a player he likes and knows very well, and doesn't make a single comment about it?

Not weird?


I guess there, throwing shade at marv


Because I wanted marv to change his mind during my flurry of posting this morning. He failed to do so correctly and is has received a citation for that.

That's not true. Here you were surprised at marv not changing his mind:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 23:53 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 23:50 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:12 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 20:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Thankfully i can play the game with marv, it's much more enjoyable than this thread.

It looks really, really bad for you guys that you're all just checked out of the game but claim to be active in the thread.

At least be a man and just actually check out of the game like me.

Whoever is town of you three needs to start getting shit done in the thread.

I’m getting you lynched bro.

Wait you still think I'm mafia?

Did you read my last 2 pages?

But you were throwing shade at him before that point:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 22:12 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 20:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Thankfully i can play the game with marv, it's much more enjoyable than this thread.

It looks really, really bad for you guys that you're all just checked out of the game but claim to be active in the thread.

At least be a man and just actually check out of the game like me.

Whoever is town of you three needs to start getting shit done in the thread.

Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 22:43 Palmar wrote:
On March 05 2024 22:35 raynpelikoneet wrote:
--- Wall of text ---


Just so I get it clear.

a) Marv votes me and nowhere in your interactions he discusses or mentions the possibility of me being mafia?
b) You don't think that's strange at all?

Like you say twice I could be mafia, fine.

But you don't think it's weird marv doesn't even ponder it in a chat with you? The most important thing he does during the day phase is voting, and he is voting a player he likes and knows very well, and doesn't make a single comment about it?

Not weird?


Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 22:48 Palmar wrote:
I need Sandroba to come convince me his mason buddies aren't just mafia.

I really, really, really don't think marv just tries to kill me without even talking about it.




I don't really see what is good about it, It was at the wrong time, and it was ineffective, is Rels the kind of player who can't take control of a thread?

Like to me there was real influence to wield at that time and he kind of just sat on Palmar for too long on his own.

(he has had IRL stuff which may play a role, but still)

"wrong time"? I posted at the only time where I could post

To answer your question, I rarely take control of the thread as town, especially D1
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 02:35 GMT
#3733
On March 06 2024 19:07 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 12:27 Rels wrote:
Meh on Trfel being lynched, I would have lynched over half the game before him

Don't like this take but it may be just egoposting from Rels.

I didn't think Trfel was gonna flip mafia and I didn't vote him. I explained why I didn't think he'd flip mafia.

But I'd be lying straight up if I claimed something like this. For someone who has seemingly been so little involved in the game you're claiming an awful deep understanding of the game to object to what is essentially a diet policy lynch.

You think Trfel was a policy lynch? That's an horrible take, most people on his wagon really thought he was scum
Half the game was hyperbolic, but even pre-lynch, I already said I would lynch a lot of people above him:
On March 06 2024 09:10 Rels wrote:
Gotta go. I would say out of the options I have, my preference would be Palmar > JAT > random lurker (out of those, I still think TTS has the highest chance of flipping scum)

Still think Trfel is town, I would prefer any random lurker over him

Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 02:40 GMT
#3735
On March 06 2024 19:15 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 19:15 CopCake wrote:
On March 06 2024 19:10 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 19:09 CopCake wrote:
On March 06 2024 19:04 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 18:56 CopCake wrote:
On March 06 2024 18:52 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 13:42 CopCake wrote:
I came with some conclusions

Town:
Koshi
Slam
Rels
Marv
MZ
Oats

Feels town
VE

Mafia
DP
Iamp
Vivax

The rest are wild cards

I disagree with this enough for it to be town


What is wrong with it sweet pie?

I’d be shocked if iamp or Vivax are mafia.
Wouldn’t be shocked by DP but I don’t think so either


What about my town pile?

I’m not sure about Rels or MZ.


I think Rels felt genuine and interested, i think he could have easily blended with people if he was mafia.

You think he’s had an impact?

WTF is this standard? When is the last time I've had an impact D1? I hate those
Fuck this is annoying me. I feel like I'm being set up as the next lynch. Sick daughter, maybe getting laid off so I have a bunch of interviews coming up for which I have to prepare, but I have the feeling I'll have to devote my evenings to analyze the game and the days to scream at people like in the old days just to not be the default lynch
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 02:45 GMT
#3738
On March 07 2024 11:42 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 11:40 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 19:15 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 19:15 CopCake wrote:
On March 06 2024 19:10 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 19:09 CopCake wrote:
On March 06 2024 19:04 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 18:56 CopCake wrote:
On March 06 2024 18:52 marvellosity wrote:
On March 06 2024 13:42 CopCake wrote:
I came with some conclusions

Town:
Koshi
Slam
Rels
Marv
MZ
Oats

Feels town
VE

Mafia
DP
Iamp
Vivax

The rest are wild cards

I disagree with this enough for it to be town


What is wrong with it sweet pie?

I’d be shocked if iamp or Vivax are mafia.
Wouldn’t be shocked by DP but I don’t think so either


What about my town pile?

I’m not sure about Rels or MZ.


I think Rels felt genuine and interested, i think he could have easily blended with people if he was mafia.

You think he’s had an impact?

WTF is this standard? When is the last time I've had an impact D1? I hate those
Fuck this is annoying me. I feel like I'm being set up as the next lynch. Sick daughter, maybe getting laid off so I have a bunch of interviews coming up for which I have to prepare, but I have the feeling I'll have to devote my evenings to analyze the game and the days to scream at people like in the old days just to not be the default lynch

I have some thoughts on this topic I'd love to discuss with everyone post game.

Kinda regret posting this TBH, but sure
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 02:54 GMT
#3741
On March 06 2024 21:48 justanothertownie wrote:
Rels:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:53 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:49 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:49 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:45 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:38 Rels wrote:
If Palmar was the leading wagon or counterwagon to him at the time, I don't see the issue? I can relate to not having the time



It's a stark difference to his level last game.

He posted a bit at the start of the game, got town read and noped out.

But hey, you can vote Jat with me if you want instead, or propose something else.

Will try to filter JAT before I have to go

I mean you could just go

LOL
I really have a hard time understanding this:
On March 06 2024 08:30 Rels wrote:
"I really, really, really don't think marv just tries to kill me without even talking about it." => then 1 hour later "Wait you still think I'm mafia?"

?????

I don't know if there is any explanation you could give that would satisfy me, but, maybe try?

He seems very very sure about Palmar being mafia. So that is fine as long as the wagon had steam. After it died town we see this:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 09:02 Rels wrote:
Finished reading JAT's filter, DP anything what was the thing(s) you saw that was not smart? I thought it was pretty empty for sure, didn't see any red flag though.

Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 09:08 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 20:59 justanothertownie wrote:
Apparently people are dead set on making Vivax mayor. They cannot all be mafia even though I would bet a lot of money that mafia is on board.
The logic apparently being Vivax wouldn't make such a bad play as mafia. The disconnect here is that he did the bad play regardless of his alignment but for some reason only town can be bad in people's minds. I disagree with that but I really don't know what to do about it except for complaining and offering a better alternative which is koshi right now. What am I supposed to do in your opinion, rayn?

Yeah I guess this post from the sandroba case is pretty lackluster

Does not seem very strong either way. So I am not entirely sure how we arrive at this:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 09:10 Rels wrote:
Gotta go. I would say out of the options I have, my preference would be Palmar > JAT > random lurker (out of those, I still think TTS has the highest chance of flipping scum)

Still think Trfel is town, I would prefer any random lurker over him

But that is finde. What is not fine is that he isn't bothered at all that he is pushing for the same lynch as his top scumread Palmar. So, do we believe Rels just throws all of his conviction out of the window to vote me with his one scumread based on a townread that is at best "weak"?
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 08:46 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 21:30 Koshi wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:13 sandroba wrote:
On March 05 2024 10:58 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 10:54 sandroba wrote:
I feel like it's harder to argue against vivax mayor as mafia. Rels and palmar both entered the thread with that mindset. Pretty much ignored most of what happened for most of the thread but making sure they say what they were supposed to say as town about the vivax claim as soon as possible.
There are obviously town reasons to mayor vivax, but there is some reluctance I expect from townies. I think the over-eagerness to jump on the vivax train right away points to mafia.


Hard disagree. I find people who just accept it for what it is and make the correct play in regards to him is townie.

The scummy thing is talking around in circles about how shit vivax’s claim was, that he might not be town or if he is he is not confirmed

It’s a huge waste of time and shits up the thread and is also incredibly easy content to fake.

I found palmars approach to the situation very townie for example

Are you still lock town on trfel btw?

Didn't see much of people saying he might not be town. Shitting up the thread discussing the claim being bad I agree, CopCake is the main person I saw driving the discussion back to that.
I think saying he is prob town and prob not the best mayor, at least initially is the reaction I would expect from townies. Remember, even though scum might not want something, it's hard to actually push something when you think it would be obvious anti-town. Scum wants to hide and push things in a subtle way.
Not locked town on trfel since he hasn't been very active, but wouldn't lynch him d1 in a million years. What he has posted so far after the initial setup-focused posts looked super townie to me.

I really really really don't see that.
Last game I was so sure he was town.
What is he doing here? Everytime he gets pressured he moves away from it. Slam asks him about Oats. He gives a good answer but it lacks conviction. It looks way more as a mafia seeing Town!Oats be inquisitive than a townie figuring out Town!Oats is inquisitive.
Slam then pressures on and while replying to somebody else he @slam and disengages with him.

This can't be the same Tfrel as last game? You went 4 days with him. Under pressure by marv/DP/rayn iirc. This looks the same to you? I should follow your lead on him but it seems impossible.

The posts that made me think Trfel was townie at the beginning of the game, he showed some conviction:
On March 04 2024 13:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:11 DarthPunk wrote:
MZ could be mafia here.

That associative push with me/vivax is really out there. And usually I am the one defending him from being misylnched by all the bads.
Sorry I keep doing this, but why do you think that makes Meapak_Ziphh mafia? I don't see why that reasoning is more likely to come from mafia, if anything I think it's the opposite.

On March 04 2024 13:20 Trfel wrote:
I'm actually going to double down and say that I think Meapak_Ziphh is town. Thus, I'm very surprised that he seems to be your top scumread, DarthPunk.

Looking at the Slam question on Oats, it's this right?
On March 05 2024 04:34 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:32 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:24 Rels wrote:
Look at this way of phrasing things, having to come with justification just for his vote

But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

Am I the only one seeing this or what?
Honestly it feels a bit weak to me. But he's posted so little it's just hard to say.

@Alakaslam, that wasn't really how I would characterise Oatsmaster's play, but I suppose it's up to interpretation.

So how do you?

He just asks "why do you say that" and however honest the reply, just says "that makes no sense" unless it's someone he respects.

Partly, I can get that, but have you NEVER seen aggro scum pursue mislynch opportunities?

What about Oatsmaster's play has been different from that?
To me he's actually seemed to care and is involved. He truly seems interested in his approach, even if that approach is a bit different from mine, it makes me think he is trying to figure out the game.

On March 05 2024 04:47 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:38 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:34 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:32 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:24 Rels wrote:
Look at this way of phrasing things, having to come with justification just for his vote

But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

Am I the only one seeing this or what?
Honestly it feels a bit weak to me. But he's posted so little it's just hard to say.

@Alakaslam, that wasn't really how I would characterise Oatsmaster's play, but I suppose it's up to interpretation.

So how do you?

He just asks "why do you say that" and however honest the reply, just says "that makes no sense" unless it's someone he respects.

Partly, I can get that, but have you NEVER seen aggro scum pursue mislynch opportunities?

What about Oatsmaster's play has been different from that?
To me he's actually seemed to care and is involved. He truly seems interested in his approach, even if that approach is a bit different from mine, it makes me think he is trying to figure out the game.

Caring about what exactly?

Because if he cares to find actual scum, this pursuit of perfection doesn't seem to be a surefire way to me.

He was not far from lynching our cop, for example, for being a bit logically inconsistent- in Oatsmaster's mind.

I think Oats may suffer from some difficulty with theory of mind if he is town here, which I could relate to. In which case I would go right back from a growing SR to a TR.
I'm not confident enough in my read to be interested in defending Oatsmaster here, it's just the impression I got from his posts, which could be wrong. I will say though that whether or not his play is helpful doesn't matter as much as whether or not he truly thinks it is helpful.

I guess it's pretty weak conviction yeah. Don't think it's enough by itself to make him scumread him, let alone be my preferred lynch right now.

No issue at all it seems. Leads me to think between Rels and Palmar there is at least 1 mafia.

1 - At the time I voted you, the choice was between Trfel and you, and I somewhat townread Trfel
2 - Not voting you because of an associative reason D1 is dumb. I don't have a team comprising X number of mafia in my head, not at this stage of the game
Leads me to think between Rels and Palmar there is at least 1 mafia.

???? Why does anything you wrote there point to this?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 02:55 GMT
#3743
On March 06 2024 22:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 21:48 justanothertownie wrote:
Rels:
On March 06 2024 08:53 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:49 Palmar wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:49 Rels wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:45 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:38 Rels wrote:
If Palmar was the leading wagon or counterwagon to him at the time, I don't see the issue? I can relate to not having the time



It's a stark difference to his level last game.

He posted a bit at the start of the game, got town read and noped out.

But hey, you can vote Jat with me if you want instead, or propose something else.

Will try to filter JAT before I have to go

I mean you could just go

LOL
I really have a hard time understanding this:
On March 06 2024 08:30 Rels wrote:
"I really, really, really don't think marv just tries to kill me without even talking about it." => then 1 hour later "Wait you still think I'm mafia?"

?????

I don't know if there is any explanation you could give that would satisfy me, but, maybe try?

He seems very very sure about Palmar being mafia. So that is fine as long as the wagon had steam. After it died town we see this:
On March 06 2024 09:02 Rels wrote:
Finished reading JAT's filter, DP anything what was the thing(s) you saw that was not smart? I thought it was pretty empty for sure, didn't see any red flag though.

On March 06 2024 09:08 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 20:59 justanothertownie wrote:
Apparently people are dead set on making Vivax mayor. They cannot all be mafia even though I would bet a lot of money that mafia is on board.
The logic apparently being Vivax wouldn't make such a bad play as mafia. The disconnect here is that he did the bad play regardless of his alignment but for some reason only town can be bad in people's minds. I disagree with that but I really don't know what to do about it except for complaining and offering a better alternative which is koshi right now. What am I supposed to do in your opinion, rayn?

Yeah I guess this post from the sandroba case is pretty lackluster

Does not seem very strong either way. So I am not entirely sure how we arrive at this:
On March 06 2024 09:10 Rels wrote:
Gotta go. I would say out of the options I have, my preference would be Palmar > JAT > random lurker (out of those, I still think TTS has the highest chance of flipping scum)

Still think Trfel is town, I would prefer any random lurker over him

But that is finde. What is not fine is that he isn't bothered at all that he is pushing for the same lynch as his top scumread Palmar. So, do we believe Rels just throws all of his conviction out of the window to vote me with his one scumread based on a townread that is at best "weak"?
On March 06 2024 08:46 Rels wrote:
On March 05 2024 21:30 Koshi wrote:
On March 05 2024 11:13 sandroba wrote:
On March 05 2024 10:58 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 10:54 sandroba wrote:
I feel like it's harder to argue against vivax mayor as mafia. Rels and palmar both entered the thread with that mindset. Pretty much ignored most of what happened for most of the thread but making sure they say what they were supposed to say as town about the vivax claim as soon as possible.
There are obviously town reasons to mayor vivax, but there is some reluctance I expect from townies. I think the over-eagerness to jump on the vivax train right away points to mafia.


Hard disagree. I find people who just accept it for what it is and make the correct play in regards to him is townie.

The scummy thing is talking around in circles about how shit vivax’s claim was, that he might not be town or if he is he is not confirmed

It’s a huge waste of time and shits up the thread and is also incredibly easy content to fake.

I found palmars approach to the situation very townie for example

Are you still lock town on trfel btw?

Didn't see much of people saying he might not be town. Shitting up the thread discussing the claim being bad I agree, CopCake is the main person I saw driving the discussion back to that.
I think saying he is prob town and prob not the best mayor, at least initially is the reaction I would expect from townies. Remember, even though scum might not want something, it's hard to actually push something when you think it would be obvious anti-town. Scum wants to hide and push things in a subtle way.
Not locked town on trfel since he hasn't been very active, but wouldn't lynch him d1 in a million years. What he has posted so far after the initial setup-focused posts looked super townie to me.

I really really really don't see that.
Last game I was so sure he was town.
What is he doing here? Everytime he gets pressured he moves away from it. Slam asks him about Oats. He gives a good answer but it lacks conviction. It looks way more as a mafia seeing Town!Oats be inquisitive than a townie figuring out Town!Oats is inquisitive.
Slam then pressures on and while replying to somebody else he @slam and disengages with him.

This can't be the same Tfrel as last game? You went 4 days with him. Under pressure by marv/DP/rayn iirc. This looks the same to you? I should follow your lead on him but it seems impossible.

The posts that made me think Trfel was townie at the beginning of the game, he showed some conviction:
On March 04 2024 13:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:11 DarthPunk wrote:
MZ could be mafia here.

That associative push with me/vivax is really out there. And usually I am the one defending him from being misylnched by all the bads.
Sorry I keep doing this, but why do you think that makes Meapak_Ziphh mafia? I don't see why that reasoning is more likely to come from mafia, if anything I think it's the opposite.

On March 04 2024 13:20 Trfel wrote:
I'm actually going to double down and say that I think Meapak_Ziphh is town. Thus, I'm very surprised that he seems to be your top scumread, DarthPunk.

Looking at the Slam question on Oats, it's this right?
On March 05 2024 04:34 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:32 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:24 Rels wrote:
Look at this way of phrasing things, having to come with justification just for his vote

But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

Am I the only one seeing this or what?
Honestly it feels a bit weak to me. But he's posted so little it's just hard to say.

@Alakaslam, that wasn't really how I would characterise Oatsmaster's play, but I suppose it's up to interpretation.

So how do you?

He just asks "why do you say that" and however honest the reply, just says "that makes no sense" unless it's someone he respects.

Partly, I can get that, but have you NEVER seen aggro scum pursue mislynch opportunities?

What about Oatsmaster's play has been different from that?
To me he's actually seemed to care and is involved. He truly seems interested in his approach, even if that approach is a bit different from mine, it makes me think he is trying to figure out the game.

On March 05 2024 04:47 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:38 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:34 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:32 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:24 Rels wrote:
Look at this way of phrasing things, having to come with justification just for his vote

But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

Am I the only one seeing this or what?
Honestly it feels a bit weak to me. But he's posted so little it's just hard to say.

@Alakaslam, that wasn't really how I would characterise Oatsmaster's play, but I suppose it's up to interpretation.

So how do you?

He just asks "why do you say that" and however honest the reply, just says "that makes no sense" unless it's someone he respects.

Partly, I can get that, but have you NEVER seen aggro scum pursue mislynch opportunities?

What about Oatsmaster's play has been different from that?
To me he's actually seemed to care and is involved. He truly seems interested in his approach, even if that approach is a bit different from mine, it makes me think he is trying to figure out the game.

Caring about what exactly?

Because if he cares to find actual scum, this pursuit of perfection doesn't seem to be a surefire way to me.

He was not far from lynching our cop, for example, for being a bit logically inconsistent- in Oatsmaster's mind.

I think Oats may suffer from some difficulty with theory of mind if he is town here, which I could relate to. In which case I would go right back from a growing SR to a TR.
I'm not confident enough in my read to be interested in defending Oatsmaster here, it's just the impression I got from his posts, which could be wrong. I will say though that whether or not his play is helpful doesn't matter as much as whether or not he truly thinks it is helpful.

I guess it's pretty weak conviction yeah. Don't think it's enough by itself to make him scumread him, let alone be my preferred lynch right now.

No issue at all it seems. Leads me to think between Rels and Palmar there is at least 1 mafia.

This is actually fair point.

?? Really?
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
March 07 2024 03:17 GMT
#3795
On March 07 2024 00:58 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2024 00:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:

Rels made a good point about your stance on marv's scumread on you. Maybe Rels is mafia with you as JAT thinks, but nevertheless it's a good point, you just shrug it off like it's nothing. And people buy that shit from you.



Just didn't want to talk to Rels really. His entire point is based on some perceived strangeness regarding marv, that if shit ever hits the fan I could cajole marv himself into confirming isn't weird. And at that point Rels had no thread presence and I felt like arguing something so dumb was just gonna mess with the thread.

@marv can you explain it then?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 26 27 28 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 243
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 243
BRAT_OK 71
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 26085
Mini 422
Hyuk 224
firebathero 187
ggaemo 135
Mong 50
Hyun 38
ToSsGirL 26
Bale 11
Dewaltoss 2
Dota 2
Gorgc10592
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1401
crisheroes1195
Liquid`Hasu744
Other Games
Grubby2847
FrodaN2292
fl0m1063
Beastyqt988
KnowMe174
Livibee170
mouzStarbuck140
ArmadaUGS121
Mew2King59
Trikslyr42
ToD39
Chillindude24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1086
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 88
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 18
• LUISG 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8548
• WagamamaTV227
Other Games
• imaqtpie716
• Shiphtur246
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 55m
INu's Battles
17h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.