• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:19
CEST 00:19
KST 07:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)16Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9012 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29 30 Next All
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:01 GMT
#1424
On March 05 2024 05:31 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:29 Koshi wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:40 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:34 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:31 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:25 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:24 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:19 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 12:16 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
[quote]
Well first off I didn't say pregame I'd vote for Palmar and then change my mind once the game started.

Secondly I don't think I've ever been a mayor before.

Thirdly I pledge to make my personal lynch a town lynch and will select whoever is the second in votes at the end of the day.
Seems like an easy way to avoid the responsibility of the results of said lynch, no?

And I don't understand why saying pregame that you would vote for Palmar and then changing your mind is a reason we should make you mayor?

I was making a joke about Vivax saying he was going to autovote Palmar pregame and then immediately changed his mind.

Imo the Mayor KP is town KP, not a oneshot Day vig. It's not about avoiding responsibility it's about giving the town a chance to pull a 2for1 on D1.

Actually I'll cement that point, if I'm not going to win the mayor vote at the end of the day, I'm not going to vote for someone who hasn't also pledged to have the town decide the lynch.
I don't think the second wagon is a "town lynch" at all. In fact there's a decent likelihood that the second wagon would be pushed by mafia, no?

That's assuming the first lynch is scum which D1 imo is a crap shoot, it's just as likely to be town pushed by mafia and the runner up is the scum, hence the double tap. TL towns are like barely 50% for D1 scum lynches iirc.
You're still ignoring the possibility that both are town. My point is, just because "town" votes for something doesn't make it the best play. I'm not saying you have to go for a hero play or something, but just that automatically lynching the top two instead of the top one isn't necessarily a good idea.

If both are town then we'll have played a colossally trash D1 and I wouldn't be trusting my own read anymore than I trust any other individual on D1. There's something to be said for wisdom of the crowds.
There's almost nothing to be said for wisdom of the crowds, that's the point. It's 16 vs 5, the whole point is that wisdom of the crowds is really ineffective, that's how the game works.

The problem with this entire conversation is that Tfrel looks smart and MZ bad.
But it is the only thing Tfrel does in this entire timespan.
Look smart.
But he isn't doing anything that helps town find mafia.

I don't like it at all.


I think this is the second? comment about it, first being my rayn if I remember correctly.

Why the "Trfl looks smart" a bad thing?

Last game here, he was on fire and caught all the mafia team.

If you feel like that, pressure him to give you a list of players.



Because he looks smart on a set-up topic. As mafia it is harder to look good doing actual scumhunting, seeing somebody play sub optimal in a set-up way and make a conversation about that is way easier. You know you have the upper ground.
During that conversation he doesn't make any other posts interrogating people or does he try to solve the game. He is content to just talk setup with somebody.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:02 GMT
#1425
On March 05 2024 08:01 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 08:00 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 07:59 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 07:58 DarthPunk wrote:
The fact that vivax claimed when he did is arguably bad, but now that he HAS claimed, it is just worse to not make him NK immune by voting him for mayor.

otherwise he will just get NK this night, and we lose a confirmed town.

So someone explain to me why I am the idiot in this situation?

You know mayors can get lynched right bud


Are we lynching vivax marv?

You miss my point.

You elect a nut job who kills stupid people or makes stupid decision.

Or you elect someone v likely town who might actually hit mafia, and In case you elected mafia after all you can still lynch them later

Why is Vivax bad at this game? Where is your proof?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:04 GMT
#1430
Do I really have to go and compare D1 reads from the past year between Vivax and rayn? I would be surprised if rayn is so much better.

I know for instance I have had some good D1 reads. Sadly enough my main suspect was often town but I was near mafia. Copcake once, DMB last game, iamp in the canceled game. I don't remember anything else though. Let alone Vivax and rayn reads.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:05 GMT
#1435
On March 05 2024 08:03 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 08:02 Koshi wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:01 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:00 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 07:59 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 07:58 DarthPunk wrote:
The fact that vivax claimed when he did is arguably bad, but now that he HAS claimed, it is just worse to not make him NK immune by voting him for mayor.

otherwise he will just get NK this night, and we lose a confirmed town.

So someone explain to me why I am the idiot in this situation?

You know mayors can get lynched right bud


Are we lynching vivax marv?

You miss my point.

You elect a nut job who kills stupid people or makes stupid decision.

Or you elect someone v likely town who might actually hit mafia, and In case you elected mafia after all you can still lynch them later

Why is Vivax bad at this game? Where is your proof?

Because he just rants that people are stupid. It’s incredibly bad regardless of his reads.

Nha false. He actually posted the most reads this game. Way more than rayn. rayn posted that everybody is town though. Really smart to do if you want to be mayor. I'll give him that.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:06 GMT
#1436
On March 05 2024 08:04 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 08:01 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 08:00 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 05 2024 07:59 marvellosity wrote:
On March 05 2024 07:58 DarthPunk wrote:
The fact that vivax claimed when he did is arguably bad, but now that he HAS claimed, it is just worse to not make him NK immune by voting him for mayor.

otherwise he will just get NK this night, and we lose a confirmed town.

So someone explain to me why I am the idiot in this situation?

You know mayors can get lynched right bud


Are we lynching vivax marv?

You miss my point.

You elect a nut job who kills stupid people or makes stupid decision.

Or you elect someone v likely town who might actually hit mafia, and In case you elected mafia after all you can still lynch them later

Rough way to put it. But correct.

incorrect. I know where Vivax his head is way better than rayn.
Don't follow the mason shitheads.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:07 GMT
#1438
7 page Vivax with reads and reads progression.

And this ******** are claiming this is scum Vivax.

Come the fuck on.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:07 GMT
#1439
I am not going to adhoc anymore this game.

Please let me know when I do because it is not fun.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:08 GMT
#1443
On March 05 2024 08:06 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 08:04 Koshi wrote:
Do I really have to go and compare D1 reads from the past year between Vivax and rayn? I would be surprised if rayn is so much better.

I know for instance I have had some good D1 reads. Sadly enough my main suspect was often town but I was near mafia. Copcake once, DMB last game, iamp in the canceled game. I don't remember anything else though. Let alone Vivax and rayn reads.

Who cares?

I do. Because there is an unholy push that rayn should be mafia because statistics.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:08 GMT
#1445
On March 05 2024 08:08 iamperfection wrote:
Nobody called him scum just not confirmed town you goof

THEN NOBODY WILL EVER BE CONFIRMED.

HE IS A 7 PAGE FILTER VIVAX WITH READS
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:09 GMT
#1446
Oh ok. Mafia is going the Vivax is probably town and blue but idiotic for reasons so let's not make him mayor but this guy who calls literally everybody town and has amazing reads should be.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:09 GMT
#1447
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:11 GMT
#1449
On March 05 2024 02:46 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Oatsmaster - probs town
DarthPunk - townish
Vivax - town
sandroba - town
Trfel - unsure, seems slightly off for me from town game
marvellosity - town
Jealous - not posted
Meapak_Ziphh - townish
Palmar - not posted
justanothertownie - not posted
die_meatbaby - town
CopCake - null, maybe teeny tiny bit townish perhaps?
JacobStrangelove - weird, cant make a read on him
Hapahauli - not posted
Iamperfection - town
Koshi - meh, useless
ToTheStars - would like to see more, read on trfel sounds townish
VisceraEyes - scummy, useless
Rels - useless
Alakaslam - town

In the meantime I also got a townread from rayn.
DP went to mafia though.

So that is 2 mafia.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:12 GMT
#1452
On March 05 2024 08:09 iamperfection wrote:
Confirmed means by game mechanics he can't be scum you dolt

Ok if that is your only way to confirm somebody. Fair.

If I see a 7 page 24h Vivax I am putting him on the confirmed pile.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:15 GMT
#1458
mafia is rayn, marv, tfrel and 2 lurkers

Town misslynches pushed by mafia are VE

Town misslynches pushed by town are most likely TTS, MZ, DMB and CC

That's where I am now.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:17 GMT
#1460
On March 05 2024 08:16 die_meatbaby wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 08:15 Koshi wrote:
mafia is rayn, marv, tfrel and 2 lurkers

Town misslynches pushed by mafia are VE

Town misslynches pushed by town are most likely TTS, MZ, DMB and CC

That's where I am now.

What is DP?

He is town in my opinion. I don't think he is being seriously pushed so he didn't make the list.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:23 GMT
#1466
Also. In my opinion mafia knows TownMayor!Vivax is a bad thing for them. They also believe the claim and they want to just shoot him N1.

I believe they are ok with him being ridiculed. I believe they prefer anybody else being mayor. They are content with his situation as it is. Not on track to be mayor and not taking seriously.

For some reason I can see Rels being mafia and being the exception. I don't know why. Maybe because he is pushing TTS wrongly and wants to also be right about something as mafia. I can't explain it.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:25 GMT
#1473
On March 05 2024 08:24 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 05:53 Koshi wrote:
So I am on page 36 and I am going to call marv mafia.
and I am calling sandroba & rayn dummies for pushing the marv is town shit into this thread with literally nothing to back it up.

Fuck your shit.

town!marv is very capable to play this game and get mayor. He would be a good mayor and this game could be easy and fun.

The shit you 3 are doing is horrible and against town wincon. I also play against town wincon on purpose in previous games and marv was the one complaining and saying I shouldn't do it.

Well he is doing just that.


Now what mafia!marv would do this is an entire other story. And a very believable one.

I also dislike sandroba.
I probably like rayn but not enough to say he is for sure not mafia. But ok. I can work with him most likely.

Tbh I understand why you might think that about me.

But I think sand looks really townie in the thread.

Yes he is confused atm but he will get there.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:30 GMT
#1475
On March 05 2024 08:18 VisceraEyes wrote:
I don't know why anyone cares what anyone claimed on D1, if they're real claims then they're making awful plays that ruin the game and we'll deal with that when it's relevant. Until then it's chaff and I'm tired of reading about it.

My friend, I understand what you are saying. But if it is a real claim, we need to adopt and flame Vivax after the game for being an idiot. If it is a false claim, we need to bring back the award thread and give Vivax a prize for best shennanies.

The question is. Is this 7 page Vivax town or not?

Like you said. Look beyond the goddamn claim. Look beyond what the fake!media tells you about Vivax. Is Vivax town? Is he playing for town, is he trying to solve the game? If he is. Just make him mayor. Like. Who the fuck cares. If he is town. Make him mayor.

He brought so much discussion in this game. I can genuinely say his claim made it easier for me to make reads.


Even scum!marv is coming out of hiding to stop the progression being made right here.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:32 GMT
#1478
On March 04 2024 12:59 Vivax wrote:
I like Jacob shrugging it off that I found him a bit suspicious early, and I tend to read his writing style as scummy I think.

So for now I am at:

Maximum town: Me
Townish: DP, JS, iamp
Unsure: MZ
Very unsure: Trfel
Scummy : Oats

MZ is mayor competition and I believe would be an ideal mafia candidate. Can‘t pin much on him though. His focus pn conversing with Trfel is noteworthy.

Trfel seemed like he mistook MZ for me with the promise to vote Palmar. Strikes me as low confidence tone wise.

DP I think is actively looking for mafia already and I felt like I had a congruent thinking moment when it came to Oats.

On March 04 2024 23:26 Vivax wrote:
Moving Oats to town. I thought he spammed too much at the time and his question to the host felt like something he could have done in PM land but the fact he felt the same way about JS looking scummish early probably means we think more alike than not.

So I‘m at:

Town: DP, Rayn, Oats, TTS
Good nulls : Marv
Null/need to read more: MZ, cop, Slam
Bad nulls: VE, Sandroba
Mafia: Trfel

On March 04 2024 23:30 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 23:26 Vivax wrote:
Moving Oats to town. I thought he spammed too much at the time and his question to the host felt like something he could have done in PM land but the fact he felt the same way about JS looking scummish early probably means we think more alike than not.

So I‘m at:

Town: DP, Rayn, Oats, TTS
Good nulls : Marv
Null/need to read more: MZ, cop, Slam
Bad nulls: VE, Sandroba
Mafia: Trfel


Forgot to include iamp to town.
Considering adding DMB to the town pile. Let‘s make it so.



This guy is reading the thread. Keeping up with his scumreads and townreads. And playing the game.


rayn, I call everybody town, is not.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 04 2024 23:42 GMT
#1483
On March 05 2024 08:20 justanothertownie wrote:
We would have to have a serious talk about the additional kill though.

Funny but I think it needs to be Vivax now. I just don't see any other option.
Unless anybody tells me he is mafia.

But literally everybody calls him town. Everybody.
I had a good night of sleep.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 28 29 30 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE136
Nina 130
Nathanias 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16150
Artosis 323
White-Ra 316
ToSsGirL 27
Dota 2
monkeys_forever312
NeuroSwarm105
League of Legends
Doublelift3878
Counter-Strike
fl0m1352
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox484
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1893
Liquid`Hasu1330
Trikslyr51
Other Games
summit1g6476
Grubby3387
ArmadaUGS1561
shahzam576
C9.Mang0271
JimRising 228
Mew2King60
ZombieGrub57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 37
• davetesta26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1129
• Scarra1031
• Shiphtur223
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 41m
OSC
14h 41m
Stellar Fest
14h 41m
OSC
1d 1h
Stellar Fest
1d 14h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.