• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:03
CEST 08:03
KST 15:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7133 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 04:24 GMT
#309
On March 04 2024 13:11 DarthPunk wrote:
MZ could be mafia here.

That associative push with me/vivax is really out there. And usually I am the one defending him from being misylnched by all the bads.
I interpreted this to be your top scumread since it seems like the strongest suspicion you have shared so far.

I'll let it play out, go ahead and do your thing I guess. But the same thing you are scumreading him for strikes me as towny.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 04:58 GMT
#342
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 05:06 GMT
#350
On March 04 2024 14:01 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 13:58 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.


Any thoughts of dmb/vivax/me/perfection from the past few pages?
I actually like die_meatbaby's point about Vivax, it's interesting to me and makes sense. So I would lean town on her. Vivax I am not sure about, his posting feels carefree so maybe town? It feels like there is a bit of a drive to his posting, despite the slow early game. But this doesn't line up with die_meatbaby's point so I really don't know. I have no idea about you, we just think very differently and I could argue about semantics for ages. Makes it difficult. I haven't read imperfection's filter yet but my first thought is that he is the most likely mafia so far, since he has been present mostly to critique people's thoughts and hasn't seemed to show much interest in finding people's alignments.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 05:08 GMT
#351
On March 04 2024 14:01 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 13:58 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.



Out of character: it is just set up flavour, do not take it too literal, just enjoy the chat engagement. 🥂
Sure, I won't drink any tea but I can bring some water and see where it leads.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 16:13 GMT
#716
On March 04 2024 14:08 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 04 2024 14:06 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 14:01 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:58 Trfel wrote:
On March 04 2024 13:52 CopCake wrote:
Lord Trfel, Duchess meatbaby… would you like to join me for tea in this perfectly splendid day?

Unfortunately I don't drink tea, why do you ask?

@DarthPunk sorry I guess I misinterpreted what you were saying, I wasn't trying to misrepresent you. I'll let you do your thing instead of arguing over little nonsense.


Any thoughts of dmb/vivax/me/perfection from the past few pages?
I actually like die_meatbaby's point about Vivax, it's interesting to me and makes sense. So I would lean town on her. Vivax I am not sure about, his posting feels carefree so maybe town? It feels like there is a bit of a drive to his posting, despite the slow early game. But this doesn't line up with die_meatbaby's point so I really don't know. I have no idea about you, we just think very differently and I could argue about semantics for ages. Makes it difficult. I haven't read imperfection's filter yet but my first thought is that he is the most likely mafia so far, since he has been present mostly to critique people's thoughts and hasn't seemed to show much interest in finding people's alignments.



What about this is mafia aligned?
First bold quote isn't mafia aligned. Second bold section is textbook mafia, not sure why you are asking this? Being present without actually trying to identify alignments is highly mafia motivated since you are playing for survival instead of solving the game.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 16:27 GMT
#731
Raynpelikoneet, why do you think iamperfection is town?

I kinda think the opposite. He's been throwing side comments without getting involved or invested.

@CopCake, I agree that I am town But more seriously, I think die_meatbaby is probably town. I still need to take another look at what DarthPunk was saying about you, it didn't make much sense to me at first though.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 16:49 GMT
#747
On March 05 2024 01:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 01:27 Trfel wrote:
Raynpelikoneet, why do you think iamperfection is town?

I kinda think the opposite. He's been throwing side comments without getting involved or invested.

I think he is completely and utterly useless as mafia, and too lazy to form almost any reasonable trains of thoughts. I don't see it being like that here. Just look at the game that got cancelled last year for reference.
Hm, maybe.... I don't really know his meta but his play feels decently scummy here. I guess I can think more about this.

I lost track, what do you think about CopCake?

I read over what DarthPunk was saying, I don't think it holds much water but I also don't really know CopCake's meta so who knows.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 16:58 GMT
#756
On March 05 2024 01:51 CopCake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 01:49 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 01:30 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 01:27 Trfel wrote:
Raynpelikoneet, why do you think iamperfection is town?

I kinda think the opposite. He's been throwing side comments without getting involved or invested.

I think he is completely and utterly useless as mafia, and too lazy to form almost any reasonable trains of thoughts. I don't see it being like that here. Just look at the game that got cancelled last year for reference.
Hm, maybe.... I don't really know his meta but his play feels decently scummy here. I guess I can think more about this.

I lost track, what do you think about CopCake?

I read over what DarthPunk was saying, I don't think it holds much water but I also don't really know CopCake's meta so who knows.


I think we have played several times, no?
I remember at least once, but I don't feel like I have a good grasp on how you play. That's fine, I still think you are town and I don't value meta as highly as I used to.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 17:06 GMT
#767
On March 05 2024 02:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 01:49 Trfel wrote:
I lost track, what do you think about CopCake?

Not sure. I think DP's point #3 in his case is valid. I don't know if Cake's defense on that is townie or not.
Sorry, what point is point 3? There were two posts with numbered points and I am not sure which you are referring to.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 19:08 GMT
#941
On March 05 2024 02:07 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 02:06 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 02:01 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 01:49 Trfel wrote:
I lost track, what do you think about CopCake?

Not sure. I think DP's point #3 in his case is valid. I don't know if Cake's defense on that is townie or not.
Sorry, what point is point 3? There were two posts with numbered points and I am not sure which you are referring to.

Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 01:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 05 2024 01:26 iamperfection wrote:
I'm also pretty null on dp right now too

I think his point on Cake, where Cake is accusing DP of being too quiet when 50% of posts in the game are DP's, is valid.

CopCake, do you have any response to this?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 19:13 GMT
#959
Ah sorry I missed it. I thought your response was going to be that DarthPunk had been quiet tonally instead of quantity of posts. Like a lack of aggressiveness as opposed to how many posts he is making.

Will have to think about this.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 19:19 GMT
#974
On March 05 2024 04:18 Alakaslam wrote:
Why is Oatsmaster town?
Do you think he is mafia?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 19:29 GMT
#996
On March 05 2024 04:24 Rels wrote:
Look at this way of phrasing things, having to come with justification just for his vote
Show nested quote +

But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

Am I the only one seeing this or what?
Honestly it feels a bit weak to me. But he's posted so little it's just hard to say.

@Alakaslam, that wasn't really how I would characterise Oatsmaster's play, but I suppose it's up to interpretation.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 19:34 GMT
#1008
On March 05 2024 04:32 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:29 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:24 Rels wrote:
Look at this way of phrasing things, having to come with justification just for his vote

But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

Am I the only one seeing this or what?
Honestly it feels a bit weak to me. But he's posted so little it's just hard to say.

@Alakaslam, that wasn't really how I would characterise Oatsmaster's play, but I suppose it's up to interpretation.

So how do you?

He just asks "why do you say that" and however honest the reply, just says "that makes no sense" unless it's someone he respects.

Partly, I can get that, but have you NEVER seen aggro scum pursue mislynch opportunities?

What about Oatsmaster's play has been different from that?
To me he's actually seemed to care and is involved. He truly seems interested in his approach, even if that approach is a bit different from mine, it makes me think he is trying to figure out the game.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 04 2024 19:47 GMT
#1035
On March 05 2024 04:38 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 05 2024 04:34 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:32 Alakaslam wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:29 Trfel wrote:
On March 05 2024 04:24 Rels wrote:
Look at this way of phrasing things, having to come with justification just for his vote

But yes, I am gonna vote my weak scumread because if a wagon starts then I could use the way other players engage with it to start having more reads.

Am I the only one seeing this or what?
Honestly it feels a bit weak to me. But he's posted so little it's just hard to say.

@Alakaslam, that wasn't really how I would characterise Oatsmaster's play, but I suppose it's up to interpretation.

So how do you?

He just asks "why do you say that" and however honest the reply, just says "that makes no sense" unless it's someone he respects.

Partly, I can get that, but have you NEVER seen aggro scum pursue mislynch opportunities?

What about Oatsmaster's play has been different from that?
To me he's actually seemed to care and is involved. He truly seems interested in his approach, even if that approach is a bit different from mine, it makes me think he is trying to figure out the game.

Caring about what exactly?

Because if he cares to find actual scum, this pursuit of perfection doesn't seem to be a surefire way to me.

He was not far from lynching our cop, for example, for being a bit logically inconsistent- in Oatsmaster's mind.

I think Oats may suffer from some difficulty with theory of mind if he is town here, which I could relate to. In which case I would go right back from a growing SR to a TR.
I'm not confident enough in my read to be interested in defending Oatsmaster here, it's just the impression I got from his posts, which could be wrong. I will say though that whether or not his play is helpful doesn't matter as much as whether or not he truly thinks it is helpful.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 05 2024 21:33 GMT
#2274
My apologies, I don't have time to play today. I'll try and catch up later tonight or tomorrow.

Voting for Vivax and Palmar, I don't particularly know why, I'll try and check in to see if I need to switch votes. If I get lynched so be it.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 06 2024 02:25 GMT
#2756
Yeah sorry, been dealing with some mental health issues, combined with being horrendous on day 1, has made it hard to find mafia or be very effective.

I think raynpelikoneet's play was very solid early on, he feels much more genuine than last game. It feels like he really cares about what he's doing. So I think he is town, same with marvellosity and sandroba by association. I would be very hesitant about suspecting these three. Kinda think DarthPunk is town as well, but I could be wrong.

I don't have any great scumreads unfortunately, or I would have shared them. I still don't like the way iamperfection was playing but I have vague memories of that just being his playstyle so I could be wrong.

Not sure what Vivax is doing with his "reasons" to suspect me. There are reasons I could be mafia, he managed to not find them but is very passionate about it anyway. I don't know if that means anything though.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 06 2024 02:30 GMT
#2774
Also Oatsmaster is town. Please don't lynch him. Same with Alakaslam but he claimed so that's obvious.

Kinda liked CopCake too, I know she's been suspected some, not really sure why but at least early on I don't think it held much water. Just felt genuine, I don't think her unique approach is scummy at all, I actually liked her early interaction with DarthPunk and the explanation.

Sorry I don't have more.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 06 2024 02:31 GMT
#2779
I would say what I said regardless of alignment, it doesn't mean anything other than I haven't had the ability to be involved
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
March 06 2024 02:32 GMT
#2784
Why is die_meatbaby mafia? I really didn't think she was suspicious at all, she seemed far more reasonable than last game. Would be very hesitant to suspect her.

May actually be worth taking another look at Vivax because he should know this.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1916
910 56
Bale 29
sorry 25
ZergMaN 17
Aegong 14
Noble 10
Icarus 9
yabsab 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm172
Fuzer 38
League of Legends
JimRising 597
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox635
C9.Mang0166
Mew2King28
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1240
Other Games
summit1g7108
PiGStarcraft273
ArmadaUGS136
Maynarde131
Sick126
Livibee78
ViBE52
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick586
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream188
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2244
League of Legends
• Lourlo1357
• Rush1206
• Stunt458
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 57m
OSC
6h 57m
Stellar Fest
6h 57m
OSC
17h 57m
Stellar Fest
1d 6h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.