• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:04
CEST 04:04
KST 11:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7617 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 17

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 All
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 13 2024 01:16 GMT
#7247
Sure if Palmer flips town we can revisit. Otherwise we kill him.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 13 2024 01:31 GMT
#7261
On March 13 2024 10:24 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 06:10 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 13 2024 00:50 CopCake wrote:
I am lynching Palmar tomorrow no matter what, is my duty as town to do so.


Why?

??? CopCake, why would you lynch Palmar? He's confirmed town in your view, since DP said he would shoot him during N2.


Well dp hit scum with his shot so obviously dp is now likely town what kinda a question is that?
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 13 2024 01:32 GMT
#7263
On March 13 2024 10:21 Vivax wrote:
What‘s with anyone wanting to kill Palmar first.
He‘s someone you can safely take to mylo/lylo.

The ones you don‘t want at those are martyrs, trolls and anti-town players.


Well apparently people who do that flip town so more important we lynch scum than policy lynch.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 13 2024 01:37 GMT
#7267
On March 13 2024 10:34 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 10:31 JacobStrangelove wrote:
On March 13 2024 10:24 Rels wrote:
On March 13 2024 06:10 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 13 2024 00:50 CopCake wrote:
I am lynching Palmar tomorrow no matter what, is my duty as town to do so.


Why?

??? CopCake, why would you lynch Palmar? He's confirmed town in your view, since DP said he would shoot him during N2.


Well dp hit scum with his shot so obviously dp is now likely town what kinda a question is that?

In the world of CopCake, she and DMB are confirmed town because DP said he was going to shoot them N2 and wasn't roleblocked.
Checking DP's posts, he also mentioned he would shoot Palmar VE and I


I think she's come around.

This strikes me as trying to make cc paranoid we should all be glad her reasoning around this has changed unless you personally believe dp is scum?
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 13 2024 01:38 GMT
#7268
I just don't get what you're going die here.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 13 2024 01:38 GMT
#7270
Going for*
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 13 2024 01:51 GMT
#7281
On March 13 2024 10:43 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 06:59 Palmar wrote:
So like I'm going to try to sort of organize the game in my head, and I'm going to do it out loud, so you can watch me think. It's a fascinating display.

We probably have about 5 mafia in this game. It could be 4, but then they have very strong roles. Normal balance would suggest 5.

This means I need to start sort of filtering down the people I want to think about.

First up, the people I don't really want to lynch or even consider at all:

DarthPunk for huge filter and repeatedly liking his takes on things.
Vivax because that's the gamble we made when we didn't policy lynch him.

Then there's the weaker town reads that are definitely going to contain some mafia:

Koshi was very good early day 1, but I feel like his impact has been reduced. Still not enough to start calling him mafia
marvellosity - I kinda think he's maybe town, he did come around on me correctly, and I kinda trust sandro's read. So for what it's worth, he goes into the "worry later" pile.

Then there's the people who will be resolved by today

Slam - we lynch slam if Oats flips non-miller town. The frame idea is statistically so unlikely
Oats - we lynch Oats today because despite his efforts, there is like 90% chance of him flipping mafia. He does look and say townie things which is pretty well played, but the odds of any other random player flipping red just happen to be significantly lower

Frame math:
Slam check 1/18 (lynches + himself) players = 5.56% chance he checks Oats
Framer frames 1/14 players (21 - 2 lynches - 5 mafia) = 7.14% chance Oats gets framed

This means there's like... 0.3% chance a framer hits the same target the cop checks (but obviously intiution skews this a lot) it's still the best play to do it like that.


Actually as I write this I realize I have way too few townread, which means I really, really need to get work done. For one reason or another I don't trust any of the people below.



Jealous - lack of investigation from me, little posting
Meapak_Ziphh - lack of investigation from me, I'm masoned with the dude but I'm a terrible mason partner because I think they're stupid. That's mostly on me. I also recall some of his posting being a little meek
justanothertownie - Some really atrocious takes throughout the game. Bullshit associative reads and voting without any kind of analysis.
die_meatbaby - lack of investigation from me. I remember having a different feel from last game, but she still gets stuck on dumb shit.
CopCake - I kinda liked rayn's point during the night. Also she should really think I'm town after our discussion in the night.
JacobStrangelove - This guy is clearly just smart. I liked his posting because it's all pretty reasonable, but I feel like he isn't moving the needle at all this game. Happy sitting back and not getting listened to.
Iamperfection - One particularly terrible take during the night, but maybe he just doesn't know what a policy lynch is. I didn't follow up enough to understand if it was malicious or just kinda stupid.
ToTheStars - lurker
VisceraEyes - Fell off cliff. Where VE?
Rels - Terrible case on me on day 1 that reeked of mafia trying to "contribute". Super clear he wasn't caught up on the game and lacked opinionsþ


The dumbtells are in bold
Does it really post this as scum? Especially DMB was pushed for a seemingly forced dumbtell earlier?
I have a hard time seeing this. I know it's a little dumb but I really do


I think yes experienced scum would be struggling to keep up with being as dumb and scummy as town are tbh.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 13 2024 01:53 GMT
#7284
Anyway 8 minutes to go. I leave you all for a better place. Where the grass is green and the obs chat calls me dumb instead of the game chat.

Vote the pretender kill palmer.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 13 2024 01:54 GMT
#7288
On March 13 2024 10:52 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2024 10:32 JacobStrangelove wrote:
On March 13 2024 10:21 Vivax wrote:
What‘s with anyone wanting to kill Palmar first.
He‘s someone you can safely take to mylo/lylo.

The ones you don‘t want at those are martyrs, trolls and anti-town players.


Well apparently people who do that flip town so more important we lynch scum than policy lynch.


It doesn‘t matter what they flip, they show that they could potentially place the wrong vote when it matters the most. So the alignment wouldn’t matter.

Even if iamp switching sucked, VE still self-voted and played against wincon


Yeah but, if we kill all the bad town this game mafia wins as there'll be nobody left.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 21 2024 03:50 GMT
#11029
Well played. Shouldn't have given the shot to DP.

I think the palmer lynch was key if dp survived another night without them being able to kill Vivax I think paranoia might have set in.
Prev 1 15 16 17 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1981
GuemChi 1545
Artosis 638
910 81
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 12
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm175
Counter-Strike
taco 485
minikerr15
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox519
Other Games
summit1g8348
Doublelift2184
JimRising 550
Day[9].tv347
C9.Mang0328
PiGStarcraft281
Maynarde146
CosmosSc2 25
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1010
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 122
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv347
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 56m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
8h 56m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
21h 56m
Patches Events
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.