• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:54
CEST 05:54
KST 12:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2317
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8163 users

A Classy Game of Mafia - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 02:06 GMT
#4595
I have to say the quality of koshi's play has gone from hero to zero is it depression on the oats check really really checked out town from oats check.

Apart from when I discovered what still looks like a scum slip they seemed very town.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 02:12 GMT
#4603
On March 08 2024 11:04 Oatsmaster wrote:
If mz can’t come up with a single other reason why I’m mafia other than the red check, I think that says it all


Good thought experiment does anyone have time to go over oats filter assuming he is mafia to find reasons?
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 05:23 GMT
#4707
On March 08 2024 13:56 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2024 13:43 DarthPunk wrote:
Rels can I get a list post of your reads please?

Scum: Palmar, TTS, VE, Oats
Possibly scum: DMB
Town: The rest apart from Jealous for which I have no read


This seems like a good reads list tbh.

Tts looked very bad coming in so vague but with knowledge.

Oats never seemed super town until after a red check ironically

Mz is trying super hard

Boarding plane now
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 05:25 GMT
#4708
Like jealous though
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 20:25 GMT
#4975
@cokecske if you believe in the ass slapping case can you do full quotes in context I'm trying to find it but it's hard on mobile.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 20:27 GMT
#4976
I want to see all of dmbs post time stamped so I can find it. I feel like there's some context cut out here intentionally. But if wrong happy to be on team ass clapping.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 20:28 GMT
#4977
Also fuck didn't realise you were actually projecting an oats check. This makes framer more likely yet not confirmed.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 20:41 GMT
#4978
On March 09 2024 02:30 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 02:24 Koshi wrote:
On March 09 2024 01:41 Oatsmaster wrote:
On March 09 2024 01:14 CopCake wrote:
Well if you are not miller, what are you?

It is not logical to think he is setting up a slam lynch if you flip miller.

And Framer I think is pretty low.

Idk if I am seeing that correctly.

I believe you are town and miller.

VT that got framed? Which mafia would know?

If you knew slam was cop it isnt so hard to frame the bolded ? in his read list. I didnt check time stamps.

This might be the smartest thing you've posted koshi.

Reading through Slam's D1 and Oats is his most consistent scumread. It could also explain why Slam didn't die last night.



Why were you reading slams day one?

In before conspiracy to make it look like he is the cop when really slam has fake claimed and mz is backing him up so when flip says vt we don't lynch slam.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 22:02 GMT
#4997
On March 09 2024 06:35 Palmar wrote:
So, I'm going to finally make the case you've all been waiting for.

[b]raynpelikoneet is scum[b]

The entire case hinges on two points. There is some other weirdness in his postings, but those are by far the most important ones

Point 1 - rayn demands, twice and in all caps, that I make a case on Vivax

The reason this is important is because it clearly implies rayn never actually read my filter

Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 22:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
WHERE IS YOUR FUCKING CASE ON VIVAX, PALMAR?


Show nested quote +
On March 06 2024 22:54 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On March 06 2024 08:55 Palmar wrote:
I'm finalizing here.

I like a bunch of mafia in:

rayn
jat
rels
mz
tts

then there's gonna be some mafia in the people who should be killed on policy

vivax
trfel
hapa



then there's the people that need constant monitoring and need to improve

iamp
marv
jealous
copcake
slam
ve

and finally we have the people I have somewhere from mild to good reasons to think are town

sandro
oats
dp
dmb
jls
koshi

None of the lists are in any particular order

I don't really think Trfel will flip mafia. It's just a "I believe in people" read that he wouldn't fuck off like that as mafia with the whole "If I get lynched I get lynched" thing. But it's an objectively good lynch so I'm not going to fight it all that hard. Leaving my vote on jat. I've been burned before by placing too much faith in people not doing crazy things as mafia so it's whatever.

where is your case on vivax?


But the problem is, I had explained my stance on Vivax multiple times in the thread. Like I'm actually kinda annoyed with myself for how often I repeated that same point.

Here's a link to a post where I summarized me repeatedly expressing the same stance on Vivax.

https://tl.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=28152997

In conclusion. rayn considers me his #1 lynch target but hasn't actually read my filter and doesn't know my stances.

Point 2 - rayn refuses to acknowledge that I don't think and play like him

This one is a little more nuanced to explain, especially to people who weren't involved in the last game we played, but for context here's the gist of it.

On day 3, I am town and kinda think rayn may be town. rayn is however mafia and is tunneling me as an established scumread.

The most significant post here is this:

Show nested quote +
On December 16 2023 22:59 Palmar wrote:
On December 16 2023 22:50 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Palmar can you make a post about why it's reasonable to assume i am mafia with (1) sandroba or (2) holyflare?

I don’t make associative reads


In the same way as he does this game for the mason thing, rayn demands a townread because I have other people that aren't him as possible mafia, and then claims it's impossible that they could be scum together.

To me, this is a clear logical fallacy, because it assumes that I'm always right on my scumreads other than rayn. I explain this even further here in the last game.

Show nested quote +
On December 17 2023 01:24 Palmar wrote:
On December 16 2023 23:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 16 2023 23:33 Palmar wrote:
Rayn, I’m not going to read your entire filter because I don’t hate myself. But I did open it and read from the bottom up. I can’t remember if this is something you normally do but you’re spending almost no effort on forming town reads. The best I could find was like “maybe marv is just town” and something like that.

Like have you at any point in this game tried to argue that someone is town?

Do youthink that's something that makes me mafia?
I mean like its probably the easiest thing to do as mafia, call townies town for correct reasons. I also heavily abuse that fact as mafia.

I dont care if you do associative reads or not.
I find it suspicious that the people who i sm literally the least likely to be mafia with ate the ones you geoup with me being mafia with snd just sit on that.

Also i disagree that i had no influence on the game. Its true i have not been as active as usual. But i was a key factor to almost change the lynch from Vivax to sandroba D1, and i also believe i was one of the key votes to lynch Chezinu.


In order cause phoneposting.

Not necessarily but it’s different from what I do. I said I can’t remember if it’s normal for you.

Again, I don’t think this way. Maybe I’m wrong on something. Maybe mafia is playing lone wolf. I just don’t care at all who is likely to be mafia with who. It has no impact on how I think about any game.

You HAVE been active. You have one of the longest filters in the game. You just haven’t been influential.


So given that we literally had this discussion last game, rayn's claim THIS game that I must be mafia because I refuse to think in associations like he does means he has to be scum himself.

Not because he doesn't know my playstyle, that's actually completely acceptable

he's mafia because he's reminded that I just explained my playstyle to him last game, I play like I always do again, and remind him that's how I think, but he still refuses to listen

This means he doesn't WANT to listen, and his objective isn't actually finding out my alignment, just wants to kill me.

In conclusion: raynpelikoneet





I mean the only other option is that he's a moron.






Spends all day and all night making a case on why rayn is wrong instead of finding scum.

If oats wasn't red checked I would vote you now.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 22:12 GMT
#5003
On March 09 2024 07:09 Jealous wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 06:59 Palmar wrote:
JacobStrangelove - This guy is clearly just smart. I liked his posting because it's all pretty reasonable, but I feel like he isn't moving the needle at all this game. Happy sitting back and not getting listened to.

So JSL claiming gunsmith unCC'd doesn't matter to you?


I'm starting to think mafia are intentionally dumb slipping a lot in the thread.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 22:13 GMT
#5005
On March 09 2024 07:12 Palmar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 07:09 Jealous wrote:
On March 09 2024 06:59 Palmar wrote:
JacobStrangelove - This guy is clearly just smart. I liked his posting because it's all pretty reasonable, but I feel like he isn't moving the needle at all this game. Happy sitting back and not getting listened to.

So JSL claiming gunsmith unCC'd doesn't matter to you?

I had no idea he claimed that.

Also wtf does "unccd" mean.. it's a semi-open setup


Do also claimed gun holder for some boosted reason.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 22:14 GMT
#5008
On March 09 2024 07:13 JacobStrangelove wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 07:12 Palmar wrote:
On March 09 2024 07:09 Jealous wrote:
On March 09 2024 06:59 Palmar wrote:
JacobStrangelove - This guy is clearly just smart. I liked his posting because it's all pretty reasonable, but I feel like he isn't moving the needle at all this game. Happy sitting back and not getting listened to.

So JSL claiming gunsmith unCC'd doesn't matter to you?

I had no idea he claimed that.

Also wtf does "unccd" mean.. it's a semi-open setup


Do also claimed gun holder for some boosted reason.


This said now you are continuing to post the fact you spent the time on rayn is okay.... But still sus.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 08 2024 22:16 GMT
#5009
Thought you were going to enter these drop that and dip.

Its not boring to call you out in just defending yourself and doing nothing else. Until you do something else.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 09 2024 00:07 GMT
#5118
You know what fuck it I'd be down for a Palmer lynch. Would at least tell us something about game state

##vote Palmer.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 09 2024 00:15 GMT
#5124
Everyone down to be sub optimal let's go for Palmer lynch
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 09 2024 00:19 GMT
#5130
On March 09 2024 09:18 DarthPunk wrote:
lol this game is a fucking shit show.


At some point you've got to embrace it.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 09 2024 00:24 GMT
#5136
On March 09 2024 09:19 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I don't see how scum palmar puts his joke vote on the only plausible counter wagon if VE is scum too.


What do you mean oats had 10 votes voting on scum ve is entirely safe from his perspective.
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 09 2024 00:24 GMT
#5138
On March 09 2024 09:22 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 09:21 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I went to the store and got some groceries and realized pretty much every realistic scum team scenario I was trying to figure out did not contain Oats but definitely included VE.

And yes, my math was also wrong.


Go back and buy a coke maybe then you can post the entire team.


Hahahaha
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 09 2024 00:37 GMT
#5148
On March 09 2024 09:33 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2024 09:28 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
On March 09 2024 09:22 DarthPunk wrote:
On March 08 2024 11:20 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
The egos people have in this game to sit here and try to talk around probability is absurd. Someone doing it is scum.


If we wanna talk more math that I'm bad at, it's not 1/19 chance of Slam's check vs 1/19 check of a framer (which tbh is what I'm assuming happened), it's 1/slam's reads vs 1/slams read's since he claimed so scum had an idea of where he'd be looking.

Koshi's post about this earlier today was really good on this, I think I've quoted it twice now.


Haven’t you called people not voting for oats mafia for the whole phase?



Also this is exactly what I was looking for by voting palmer I'm not dumb wanted to see who else would jump ship when oats flips scum to find others. If not scum then jumping ship might be town behaviour

Back on oats ftr
JacobStrangelove
Profile Joined August 2012
Australia1572 Posts
March 09 2024 00:45 GMT
#5163
Like in theory maybe if we lynched palmer the day wouldn't repeat because of the implication butblyncing ve it probably would.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 223
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1830
GuemChi 1372
NotJumperer 117
910 77
Bale 31
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
febbydoto12
Counter-Strike
taco 413
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King39
Other Games
summit1g7818
Coldzera 723
JimRising 620
C9.Mang0302
WinterStarcraft294
PiGStarcraft261
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1009
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream28
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo1009
• Rush381
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
6h 6m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
7h 6m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
20h 6m
Patches Events
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.