• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:07
CEST 15:07
KST 22:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)42Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8007 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 17 Next All
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 26 2020 20:03 GMT
#594
I was roleblocked.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 26 2020 21:11 GMT
#601
On November 27 2020 06:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am thinking if i can actually solve the game right now.


Mechanically speaking, a VT. It would mean that in the remainder of the town, there would be 1-2 blue claims (given the 2 scum + evil mastermind, there is likely another town blue floating around to give the town a chance), in addition to 1 confirmed bodyguard claim. Pretty hard for scum to overcome.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 26 2020 21:17 GMT
#606
On November 27 2020 06:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2020 06:11 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 27 2020 06:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am thinking if i can actually solve the game right now.


Mechanically speaking, a VT. It would mean that in the remainder of the town, there would be 1-2 blue claims (given the 2 scum + evil mastermind, there is likely another town blue floating around to give the town a chance), in addition to 1 confirmed bodyguard claim. Pretty hard for scum to overcome.

what?


If I was mayor (in your position), I'd want to be VT, because it would be slightly easier for me to "solve" the game from my perspective in a mass claim situation.

If you are referring to whether or not a mayor should be VT or Blue in general, it just depends on the blue role we are talking about. Mayor CPR doc is obviously insane. Mayor JK is pretty insane. Mayor [investigative role] is pretty good, though that is unlikely given Slam's flip.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 26 2020 21:25 GMT
#610
Uh... oh shit I guess I did huh.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 26 2020 21:26 GMT
#611
Well... I misread the OP and thought all roleblocks were notified. I will not be claiming my role fwiw.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 26 2020 21:33 GMT
#616
I don't blame ya for going there
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 26 2020 22:00 GMT
#622
On November 26 2020 12:53 Trfel wrote:
I was making another list post and then I realized it was useless so I deleted it. Forgot that my thoughts on the Vivax case were in there, so I never actually posted them. Sorry.

I don't really see Vivax's pursuit of multiple lynch targets as particularly compelling, I suppose. I agree with you that it's improper gameplay for town, but at the same time I could see it coming from town. I'm interested to see what Vivax has to say about it though, I'll let him speak for himself. Maybe I'm being dumb here.

...


The point is that in addition to having this attitude of "lets lynch any one of these people", he also takes opposition to town's attempt to consolidate on the Grack lynch. It is the combination of these two things that is anti-town, because he shits on Town's one effort to consolidate while providing no alternative. It's purely criticism as opposed to anything constructive.

As for the incongruencies around Grackaroni, you're saying that Vivax said both:
(1) Grackaroni isn't supertown or anything
(2) Didn't buy the arguments for Grackaroni being mafia

To me, Vivax having effectively a null read of Grackaroni satisfies both of these conditions. He wouldn't want to keep him alive because he's towny, but he still wouldn't want to lynch him because he's not scummy.

I'll keep re-evaluating though.


ON TOP OF THAT, there is the Grack stuff.

I did a poor job of explaining the incongruency. I was more referring to how Vivax mentions that he wants Grack alive because he enjoys playing with him, and then starts to be very against his lynch despite him being a null read.

I can get how he'd do so if he thought Grack was town. He does not.

I can get how he'd do so if he thought Grack had a higher chance of flipping town than other players... yet some of the other lurkers (i.e. Shockey) were null "cant read this player" reads.

----

So all in all, we are left with this story that an experienced forum mafia player is ok with lynching into a pool of lurkers, but not his null read Grack, and he's not going to try at all to guide town into what he wants beyond his pool of lurkers.

I don't buy it.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 26 2020 22:03 GMT
#623
That, and Rayn has talked in general about "mafia-Vivax" having a "lazy" meta.

His end of day play just looks really damn lazy.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 27 2020 01:42 GMT
#635
On November 27 2020 09:11 ShoCkeyy wrote:
I’m definitely lurking, but posting when possible. The slam kill imo probably happened because they were trying to give him some free time back for his newborn as well :D so my thought is Mafia is someone who understands what he’s going through.


As the only other new father in the thread, doesn't this implicate you?

Or Greymist I suppose.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 28 2020 03:32 GMT
#698
Hey guys - Thanksgiving with the family has gotten a lot more busy than I anticipated. I'm just not going to have any time to play today. I'll have some time before the deadline to do a quick skim and drop a vote... that's about it unfortunately
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 28 2020 19:08 GMT
#763
Brief skim.

Vivax's attitudes towards wanting to get lurkers before active players generally makes sense. I think his recent posting is much better. I've discussed some of my thoughts on Jocks filter previously. He hasn't posted, and that makes him as good of a lynch as any... even if the lack of resistance bothers me.

Frankly, I'm pretty lost this game. I should have more time to play after the holiday weekend ends if I am alive. Hopefully getting rid of an inactive player will help thin the weeds or flip a red.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 22:59 GMT
#860
Ooooh interesting.

I am a Mad Hatter. My intent in playing as I did (not running for mayor) was to have a chance of using my role. I targeted Vivax N1 (roleblocked) on the basis of my scumread. I targeted Shockeyy N2, in that if I was killed, I would rather leave town in a position where they had to worry about one less lurker. Plus, if I take someone down with me (even if my read is incorrect), it's still LYLO as opposed to MYLO.

I do not think Trfel's claim necessarily makes him mafia. I'm also not sure why someone else being roleblocked tonight would confirm "one of me or Trfel" as mafia.

More thoughts when I'm home tonight.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:15 GMT
#863
I'll need to do another review of TT's filter. However, my thoughts are that we have a Rayn/Vivax mafia team.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:29 GMT
#869
On November 30 2020 08:21 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 07:59 Hapahauli wrote:
Ooooh interesting.

I am a Mad Hatter. My intent in playing as I did (not running for mayor) was to have a chance of using my role. I targeted Vivax N1 (roleblocked) on the basis of my scumread. I targeted Shockeyy N2, in that if I was killed, I would rather leave town in a position where they had to worry about one less lurker. Plus, if I take someone down with me (even if my read is incorrect), it's still LYLO as opposed to MYLO.

Explain this


I explained it.

On November 30 2020 08:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why would you be killed Hapa, on N2?


I doubt I would be killed. I basically took a 72 hour break from the game barring two super quick skims - one right before the D2 deadline, and one a few hours post-flip before submitting my night action.

Also, there's no sense in not using my power, regardless if I think I'm getting shot or not. I did not state in my post that I thought I was getting shot - merely my justification for my actions if I did.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:30 GMT
#873
Trfel - talk to me about this "you or me" thing. Why does one of us have to be mafia?

Obviously throw out everything I'm about to say if we have another blue claim, but 2 mafia + Evil Mastermind is a fucking disaster for town without a lot of blue-role backup. In my view, you're confirmed town with FF.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:31 GMT
#874
On November 30 2020 08:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
nonono hapa.... you target shockeyy so N3 you can get rid of alurker,. but the game is already over by then.


What on earth are you talking about?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:32 GMT
#876
Exactly. So what does that have to do with N3?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:35 GMT
#880
On November 30 2020 08:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i want you guys to explanin (hapa and trfel) why this game has 50% of the townies blue?


Because if this exact scenario.

A "normally" balanced Mini is usually 3 mislynches = loss.

With the "evil mastermind" in the setup, 2 mislynches = loss.

Town needs a fuckton of help in this seutp.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:37 GMT
#883
Just run some scenarios in your head about what happens if we don't lynch mafia or 3p on D1. It's not that hard to see how town basically rolls over and dies without some serious blue help.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
November 29 2020 23:40 GMT
#886
On November 30 2020 08:37 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 30 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
On November 30 2020 08:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i want you guys to explanin (hapa and trfel) why this game has 50% of the townies blue?


Because if this exact scenario.

A "normally" balanced Mini is usually 3 mislynches = loss.

With the "evil mastermind" in the setup, 2 mislynches = loss.

Town needs a fuckton of help in this seutp.

i think 2 blues and a confirmed town in bg is already enough.

Now why am i mafia?


In my mind, it's you, TT, or Vivax.

Of the three, I am probably the most confident in Vivax being mafia.

I have to sit down and read you and TT, and I will likely not have thoughts until a very deep readthrough. A readthrough that I won't do right this second, because talking with you and Trfel is the priority.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 489
TaKeTV 167
SteadfastSC148
ComeBackTV 77
LamboSC265
Rex32
EnkiAlexander 9
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy7
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 148
ProTech142
LamboSC2 65
Rex 32
BRAT_OK 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36099
Shuttle 3081
Horang2 958
Bisu 917
Jaedong 717
Mini 594
EffOrt 526
Light 443
BeSt 353
firebathero 342
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 314
Soma 312
Stork 264
ggaemo 185
Zeus 172
Snow 159
Last 154
Rush 143
ZerO 140
Pusan 90
Leta 81
hero 66
Killer 57
sorry 51
Sharp 49
Mong 42
Mind 39
Sexy 30
Shinee 28
Shine 26
Aegong 26
Bale 25
Terrorterran 23
Trap 23
ToSsGirL 23
soO 19
Yoon 15
Free 14
NotJumperer 13
PianO 12
HiyA 9
Noble 8
JulyZerg 8
Sacsri 8
zelot 7
Icarus 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4774
qojqva1775
Dendi972
420jenkins79
Fuzer 8
League of Legends
Reynor95
Counter-Strike
x6flipin804
markeloff135
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2011
crisheroes1056
XaKoH 172
Other Games
gofns37972
singsing2484
olofmeister1379
B2W.Neo898
Mlord226
DeMusliM192
Livibee179
Liquid`VortiX103
Mew2King95
ArmadaUGS95
QueenE88
Hui .75
Chillindude17
ZerO(Twitch)12
Railgan9
fpsfer 0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream155
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1828
League of Legends
• Jankos2144
• TFBlade741
Other Games
• WagamamaTV194
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 53m
Stellar Fest
23h 53m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.