• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:11
CEST 13:11
KST 20:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)76Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7922 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 27 2020 01:31 GMT
#634
I won't really have time till later (possibly not till the morning), however I do not agree with any of the stuff posted about Vivax this far.

I am interested in the Jock stuff as he is the person I most forget is in this game (actually he might be tied with Sho).

Mildly worried about the potential of mafia playing well and us slackers are in fact town but that is just a bit of fear and paranoia. Part of this is from the shot on Slam, but I think for now I will just assume he was a blue snipe
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 27 2020 03:00 GMT
#637
Yea, rereading Vivax I still don't see him being mafia. Only thing I could see is that he has himself pretty on the sidelines and isn't making much of a splash.

However the same could be said of multiple people.

I don't really see mafia switching a vote last min or calling to make Grack Pardoner so the role dies either, but that's kinda wifom.

Lastly, I think a Vivax/Jock team is unlikely given some of vivax's posts on Jock.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 27 2020 03:06 GMT
#638
On November 27 2020 08:55 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 04:24 Tictock wrote:
On November 26 2020 04:05 Trfel wrote:
On November 26 2020 04:03 Hapahauli wrote:
I think lynching into TT/FF is a bad idea based on recent posting. Neither of them really have that survivalist instinct that I'd associate with mafia in this position.

I once again would like Grack lynched.
Yeah, I can get behind that. The main reason I would prefer lynching Fecalfeast to Grackaroni is that if Fecalfeast continues to play in this manner, I'm not sure he will be any easier to read in the future. I have higher hopes for Grackaroni to make his play more clear.

Outside of that though I guess Grackaroni seems to have a higher chance of flipping mafia.

I will submit Grackaroni as the lynch in case I end up being elected.


If you do get elected plz kill FF over Grack.

FF is unlikely to suddenly start playing more, Grack is probably readable after enough time
Does this feel weird to anyone else? Tictock was scumreading Fecalfeast and townreading Grackaroni. On one hand, I could see Tictock trying to word his argument in a way that's persuasive to me, but on the other hand, shouldn't he be restating his reasons to scumread Fecalfeast and townread Grackaroni?

Show nested quote +
On November 26 2020 04:49 Tictock wrote:
Resub FF/Sho?
And this, which Tictock threw in 11 minutes to end of day. If he didn't want Grackaroni to die (by the way, he just said a few posts previously that he was okay with Grackaroni dying), shouldn't he prefer killing Fecalfeast to ShoCkeyy? Given that he actually has reasons to suspect Fecalfeast and ShoCkeyy is just a lurker?


Both of these basically come down to me trying to motivate a kill I was comfortable with in a situation where it was ultimately out of my control.

I find myself thinking FF might be town here as well, not really sure when that started.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 27 2020 05:08 GMT
#639
It occurs to me that I have basically poe'd myself down to Jock/Sho

That...seems reasonable actually.

Glanced through Sho's filter and dont get much from it. It seems like he might just be following thread sentiment with his reads but I am not really able to go check right now.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 27 2020 05:20 GMT
#640
On November 27 2020 07:00 Hapahauli wrote:

The point is that in addition to having this attitude of "lets lynch any one of these people", he also takes opposition to town's attempt to consolidate on the Grack lynch. It is the combination of these two things that is anti-town, because he shits on Town's one effort to consolidate while providing no alternative. It's purely criticism as opposed to anything constructive.


This bit reads as a bit disengenuis. Vivax's post was trying to tell Rayn (who was not his pick as Mayor) who he wanted to see flip.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 27 2020 05:41 GMT
#641
Yea, the more I look at Hapa's case on Vivax I don't think it holds any water.

I don't see why a mafia!vivax would push away from a mislynch on someone he has only stated is a null read.

Going to look into the Jock stuff tomorrow.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 27 2020 23:48 GMT
#673
That looked like a decent catch on Vivax there Trfel but I can't quite substantiate it from Vivax's filter (I see him going back and forth on Jock and even says he'd shoot FF or Sho). Please feel free to show me what I missed.

Had some minor shit come up this morning but I should have some time today. I will not be around for deadline tomorrow however.

Oh and before I filter, I don't find Rayns case on FF very compelling either. Ff is low effort but his tone has been reading as town to me.

@Rayn Do you think FF has a better chance at being mafia then Sho?
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 27 2020 23:55 GMT
#674
Yea Jock is for sure who we should lynch boys.

I kinda even want to say Rayn is mafia for saying Jock is town. There is like no reason.the Ryan I know could say the filter I just read is a confident town read.

Jock is like the definition of blendy sidelining. I see at most 2 interesting posts (not a simple question or fluff) and one of those is softing a scum read on Trfel for changing his mind...

##Vote: Jock
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 00:04 GMT
#676
Sho is a tough read for me for some reason. He is low content, few reads and not particularly ... Well interesting.

I'm don't quite get the same "blendy lurker" vibe as I get from Jock. It is more a low effort town vibe.

Best thing I can point to is the post FF pinged out where Jock made a list post of mayor lynch prefferrance. Which I agree with FF is a type of "helpful but not real content" post mafia like to make.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 00:06 GMT
#677
Phone posting and my keyboard is acting up (thing my case puts pressure on the screen sometimes and my keyboard glitches out). So going into lurker mode as typing sucks
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 00:30 GMT
#680
You wanna tin foil a possible hapa/Rayn team with me?
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 01:03 GMT
#682
Was kinda a joke, would probably be the worst scum team for town to deal with. Though I would love to find solid reasons to keep the paranoia at Bay.

Honestly I am not totally sure how to read them well. I have only played with Hapa once and I was mafia so him not feeling as obviuse town as I was him that game is not a good basis for a read. Still that feeling and not really liking/agreeing with his reads this game has me a little sus.

As for Rayn I have been able to see where Rayn is coming from in general and have agreed with his reads, so is most likely town. However his play does feel in line with his mafia play in that he doesn't have as clear a focus as I tend to see him have and was willing to do what other people wanted over his own prefferrance as Mayor. None of that is really sufficient to call him scum but it does keep me from having a lock town read on him.

Right now I do not understand where Rayn is coming from and disagree with his reads but am wanting to see his responses before I go much further on that.

And just for a disclaimer: None of this effects the current state of the game where we should be lynching Jock kus he is super likely to flip mafia.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 01:51 GMT
#692
On November 28 2020 10:31 Trfel wrote:

Sorry I'm a bit distracted, started playing Magic with some guys, I'll be around here still though.


Nice!

I recently introduced my roommates to MtG and they have proceeded to spend thousands of dollars on it. Was cool to see the enthusiasm but I sorta created a monster.

We are starting to move into EDH so I expect this problem to get worse before it gets better.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 05:59 GMT
#709
On November 28 2020 14:09 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I just got home but i have really no care level to talk with mafia.


This is a very mafia!Rayn post.

Hasn't shared much of a reason to backup his recent Trfel scum read, moved from Vivax to FF with little reason (also splitting the votes further on a majority lynch) also the Vivax stuff kinda just evaporated. Even said D1 he doesnt have the clearest scum reads.

So, yea this post is bullshit as I don't believe Rayn has this strong of a scum read on anyone this game. Seems like an excuse.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 06:31 GMT
#714
I actually did stop and held off making that post for an hour.

No offense man, if you are beat after a long day I am not going to sit here antagonizing you more than this. Go rest, I am clearly not opposed to proritizing this game last.

I will still call out shit and go off on whatever theory I dam well please. Besides, you have to admit that was a bad post.

Whenever you have given proper attention to your real life needs Rayn and feel you have time for the game I would love to hear why you town read Jock.

I for one am 100% for lynching Jock, and given I won't be around for deadline I would like for town to be consolidating more.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 07:09 GMT
#717
I mean like even i understand what jock's question for me was about and it is actually smart (if i was dumb mafia). If you cannot grasp it, then i am sorry you will probably continue on your path and shit the bed anyways....


This is the reason why people dislike playing with you rayn
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 07:12 GMT
#718
That post by FF is not a scumclaim Rayn. Fuck off with your ego when you just assume random shit. Why could that post not come from a town!FF?
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 07:18 GMT
#722
Like my problem here is that I feel like there is not much different in your criticism of FF that is not also true for Sho. Yet I haven't seen you mention him all cycle.

And about the end of your post, please don't misconstrue me calling out one bullshit post by you as me saying all your posts are bullshit.

Now, I have made a bunch of posts about my read on Vivax. My FF read is weak, but I don't see why he stands out of Jock/Sho/FF. To me Jock is the clear blendy mafia here.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 07:21 GMT
#725
On November 28 2020 16:13 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2020 16:09 Tictock wrote:
I mean like even i understand what jock's question for me was about and it is actually smart (if i was dumb mafia). If you cannot grasp it, then i am sorry you will probably continue on your path and shit the bed anyways....


This is the reason why people dislike playing with you rayn

Then why dont they ask me?

Jock thinks at this point that i am being too "soft" for hapa. I said i think hapa might be scum, he asks if it's a scumread or not and i answer. He doesnt push it further because my answer is okay for him.

Had i said "no not really do i think it looks bad for hapa" then he had called me mafia.

That's that.


No I was referring to the way you act like you hold some secret that makes you smart and if we don't we aren't. Then you imply I will shit the bed.

I have asked you multiple times for your town read on Jock as well as other things but you are putting on a show right now.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
November 28 2020 07:28 GMT
#728
Whatever Rayn
I can take that responsibility.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 537
RotterdaM112
Rex63
SteadfastSC46
TKL 45
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko320
RotterdaM 112
Rex 63
SteadfastSC 46
TKL 45
Codebar 40
ByuN 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 6381
Shuttle 1332
Bisu 822
Soulkey 744
Jaedong 545
Horang2 543
Mong 371
BeSt 370
actioN 315
firebathero 258
[ Show more ]
Soma 224
Stork 203
Larva 156
Rush 140
Mini 139
Last 113
Zeus 104
Hyun 95
Pusan 81
PianO 74
Mind 71
910 68
ZerO 67
Free 65
Shine 55
sorry 54
Snow 53
Yoon 48
Shinee 42
hero 37
Sharp 29
sSak 27
Sexy 27
Bale 24
ToSsGirL 20
ZergMaN 18
HiyA 18
Hm[arnc] 12
JYJ 11
Sacsri 9
scan(afreeca) 9
Noble 7
yabsab 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe285
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1434
shoxiejesuss627
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes242
Other Games
gofns38337
singsing1937
B2W.Neo225
DeMusliM174
Livibee158
KnowMe144
Pyrionflax141
Trikslyr24
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV174
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream35
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV306
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Other Games
• Shiphtur424
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
4h 49m
The PondCast
22h 49m
INu's Battles
23h 49m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 11h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.