• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7477 users

[N]A Mostly Normal Game of Mafia - Page 10

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 17 Next All
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 12:39 GMT
#1170
Like where the fuck in my filter to I read TT as town for "reading Rayn's filter?!"

On December 01 2020 21:27 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 14:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 01 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
On December 01 2020 13:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 01 2020 13:19 Hapahauli wrote:
Sigh.

Let me start by saying this:

Hapa is saying we should definitely lynch into TT/Vivax because if we hit mafia there the game is practically solved.

This is obviously smart from mafia perspective because he then isnt lynched and town can still make the wrong decision with TT/Vivax.

From town perspective though; Lets say we lynch Vivax and he flips mafia. Trfel jails Hapa (or whoever) and the NK goes through. How is the game solved?
Did Hapahauli ever say this? I thought he was advocating lynching Tictock or Vivax because he thinks they are mafia and he is town (presumably) so that would be a superior lynch?

He doesnt outright say it but implies it over and over again by trfel's jail and in his discussion with TT. Like he says we lynch vivax and trfel jails him and if he is mafia it's gg. But it doesnt even come to it if vivax is NOT mafia. Again, flawed reasoning to make tou look elsewhere other than him.


"Hapa didn't say it, but I'm just going to read into what he said until I think he is scummy".


Oh there... probably there.

>
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 12:40 GMT
#1171
Meant to make an angry face. Not a sad face. I'm like 5% sad and 95% raging, so it is emotionally inaccurate.

Thx.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 13:20 GMT
#1174
On December 01 2020 22:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 21:27 Hapahauli wrote:
On December 01 2020 14:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 01 2020 14:23 Trfel wrote:
On December 01 2020 13:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 01 2020 13:19 Hapahauli wrote:
Sigh.

Let me start by saying this:

Hapa is saying we should definitely lynch into TT/Vivax because if we hit mafia there the game is practically solved.

This is obviously smart from mafia perspective because he then isnt lynched and town can still make the wrong decision with TT/Vivax.

From town perspective though; Lets say we lynch Vivax and he flips mafia. Trfel jails Hapa (or whoever) and the NK goes through. How is the game solved?
Did Hapahauli ever say this? I thought he was advocating lynching Tictock or Vivax because he thinks they are mafia and he is town (presumably) so that would be a superior lynch?

He doesnt outright say it but implies it over and over again by trfel's jail and in his discussion with TT. Like he says we lynch vivax and trfel jails him and if he is mafia it's gg. But it doesnt even come to it if vivax is NOT mafia. Again, flawed reasoning to make tou look elsewhere other than him.


"Hapa didn't say it, but I'm just going to read into what he said until I think he is scummy".

I think i provided explanation to this one. Yes you were talking to TT and from TT's pov the game is solved then yeah, but after that you say "now we just need Trfel on board" and that's where you in my opinion imply that. Sure you're gonna say it's something else as either alignment but that's still what i think. This post here:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 08:56 Hapahauli wrote:
@ TT

On December 01 2020 08:35 Hapahauli wrote:
Let's make a deal TT.

I think Vivax is mafia. You think Vivax is mafia.

Let's kill Vivax. After that, since we both think that Trfel is the JK, he can simply block me tomorrow and "confirm me as mafia". Sounds good?

Game solved and over from your perspective. No need to argue or do anything.


The offer stands. If I were to get Trfel to endorse this plan, will you vote Vivax?

Yes or no.



I am saying that the game is solved from TT's perspective you numbskull. It's not even that hard to infer.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 13:20 GMT
#1175
On December 01 2020 22:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Hapa you are right about the Jock read and the TT thing in my case. I misread your TT post on phone and i took what FF said at face value and didnt look at it properly back then because i thought FF was mafia at the time and the whole "people who voted for jock" post was weak in my opinion.

Now you said earlier that you cannot be mafia with anyone in the game. Why can't you be mafia with:
- me
- vivax
- TT ?


How good of an actor do you think I am as mafia? How do you perceive my scum play to be?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 13:35 GMT
#1179
On December 01 2020 22:27 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 22:20 Hapahauli wrote:
On December 01 2020 22:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Hapa you are right about the Jock read and the TT thing in my case. I misread your TT post on phone and i took what FF said at face value and didnt look at it properly back then because i thought FF was mafia at the time and the whole "people who voted for jock" post was weak in my opinion.

Now you said earlier that you cannot be mafia with anyone in the game. Why can't you be mafia with:
- me
- vivax
- TT ?


How good of an actor do you think I am as mafia? How do you perceive my scum play to be?

What does that matter? In the mafiascum game i wasn't able to catch you because i let go of your scummy things when you bussed and made some good psots i would expect town!hapa to make. That's the latest news on that front for me. I havent seen you as mafia in ages before that.

Now can you answer my question?


I think we have vastly different interpretations of what I am capable of as scum.

In that "mafiascum game", how do you perceive I played? I recall making some long-form posts and largely lurking until I got lynched. Is that what you think I'm doing this game?

My sense of your analysis of my play is that "if Hapa does something that I don't expect him to do, he is mafia". The problem is that I do stupid shit all the time. I put barely any care into my posts as town, since I'm often firing off responses on sight. So obviously I have "inconsistencies" or stupid shit in my filter all the time as town.

And you damn well know this, because I've rolled town every game I've played this year, and you've tunneled me for extended periods of time in every damn game I've played this year despite my alignment.

My perception of my scum play is that I would not be capable of acting "rage" or "tilt" in the way that I am interacting with you, TT, or Vivax. But that is obviously a self-serving argument, which makes your whole question incredibly stupid for making me make a self-serving argument.

It is plainly obvious that I have been try-harding the fuck out of this game since the holiday weekend has ended. If you want to ignore that context, and if you want to believe that scum-Hapa is capable of that, then you are scum or you don't know me or anything about my playstyle at all.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 13:36 GMT
#1180
Like one of your "suspicions" this game is that I wouldn't botch a blue claim. Do you realize that I literally just did that in Aperture last game, in which I botched a power role claim by thinking I rolled a 3p?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 13:37 GMT
#1181
The last few games that we have played should tell you that you know jack shit about how I play as mafia or town.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 13:45 GMT
#1186
On December 01 2020 22:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 22:36 Hapahauli wrote:
Like one of your "suspicions" this game is that I wouldn't botch a blue claim. Do you realize that I literally just did that in Aperture last game, in which I botched a power role claim by thinking I rolled a 3p?

Where did i say this?


That is the implication of this:

Doesnt want to be mayor just because he [i]doent want responsibility and hecause he cannot then use his role, while trying to convince me into lynching grack for "i have historically very good accuracy of hitting mafia D1"? Why doesnt he think he will get shot N1 anyways?


You are basically saying that my blue claim doesn't make sense in the context of my play, when it is very easily explained by me posting the first thing that comes to my mind when I play as town.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 13:46 GMT
#1187
On December 01 2020 22:41 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 22:35 Hapahauli wrote:
If you want to ignore that context, and if you want to believe that scum-Hapa is capable of that, then you are scum or you don't know me or anything about my playstyle at all.

Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 22:37 Hapahauli wrote:
The last few games that we have played should tell you that you know jack shit about how I play as mafia or town.

???


How many times did you tunnel me in our last 3 games? What was my alignment in our last 3 games?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 13:47 GMT
#1188
On December 01 2020 22:43 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Why can't you just answer me why you cannot be mafia with me, TT or Vivax? You explicitly said there is no player you are mafia with so can we hear why is that?
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 21:16 Hapahauli wrote:
What people should understand if they read my filter in context is that it is really unlikely for me to have any scum-buddy this game. Therefore, how the fuck am I mafia?



I answered you.

We are going to play this the opposite way, in which you tell me how I can be mafia with TT or Vivax, and then I tell you how stupid you are.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 14:03 GMT
#1195
On December 01 2020 22:49 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 01 2020 22:45 Hapahauli wrote:
On December 01 2020 22:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On December 01 2020 22:36 Hapahauli wrote:
Like one of your "suspicions" this game is that I wouldn't botch a blue claim. Do you realize that I literally just did that in Aperture last game, in which I botched a power role claim by thinking I rolled a 3p?

Where did i say this?


That is the implication of this:

Doesnt want to be mayor just because he [i]doent want responsibility and hecause he cannot then use his role, while trying to convince me into lynching grack for "i have historically very good accuracy of hitting mafia D1"? Why doesnt he think he will get shot N1 anyways?


You are basically saying that my blue claim doesn't make sense in the context of my play, when it is very easily explained by me posting the first thing that comes to my mind when I play as town.

No i am saying that regardless of your affiliation you didnt read that not all roleblocks are notified. I think you'd want to be mayor regardless of your role because you think youre really good and if you hit mafia you'll be killed anyways on N1.


And that's the problem and why you know jack shit about how I play and my playstyle.

I give half of a shit about power roles and mechanics and do whatever comes first to my mind regarding them.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 14:05 GMT
#1196
Apparently I need to step away from the thread.

Do what you will Rayn. Apparently I cannot interact with you without going on full tilt, so I will not interact with you any further.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 16:00 GMT
#1220
Oh look, lazy-Vivax has returned.

Well I'd rather talk to mafia than Rayn I suppose.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 16:12 GMT
#1223
How cute. He's protecting his ego.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 16:14 GMT
#1226
Go ahead.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 16:43 GMT
#1232
I'm glad I brought you some joy Vivax
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 16:49 GMT
#1238
Tip top town Vivax.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 16:49 GMT
#1239
I need a sarcasm font.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 16:53 GMT
#1245
Scumbuddies 4 lyfe Rayn
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
December 01 2020 16:56 GMT
#1249
On December 02 2020 01:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 02 2020 01:53 Hapahauli wrote:
Scumbuddies 4 lyfe Rayn

dont buddy me when you just did unbuddy me


Hey Rayn, let’s argue for 20 more posts and we’ll clinch the game.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 130
ProTech7
RuFF_SC2 3
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14905
Rain 2297
Artosis 516
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift3716
Counter-Strike
taco 240
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox658
Mew2King196
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1011
Other Games
summit1g8714
Day[9].tv659
JimRising 529
PiGStarcraft330
C9.Mang0252
ArmadaUGS80
ViBE53
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream98
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 159
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP48
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Letter140
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv659
• Scarra568
• Shiphtur213
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 56m
OSC
20h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.