• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:03
CEST 12:03
KST 19:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202616Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ASL22 General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6782 users

[N][M]Noir Mini Mafia - Ch. 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
July 31 2020 22:56 GMT
#25
Oh shit fast games fast signups.
/in

I look forward to indiscriminately guillotine all of you.
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
July 31 2020 23:24 GMT
#27
On August 01 2020 08:11 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 01 2020 07:56 HoldenGolden wrote:
Oh shit fast games fast signups.
/in

I look forward to indiscriminately guillotine all of you.



##vote HoldenGolden

##Bribe Mod
##Dayvig ShoCkeyy
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 01:25 GMT
#64
+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Deus Vult you yapping button men dinguses. Listen, we gotta problem. Boss says those patsies we stuck up dropped dime, and now we got some barmy dicks up our asses. So listen up! Since we are behind the eight ball here, we ain't got no time for no chin. Understand? My organization sent me to hand deliver a nice size Chicago overcoat since these leaks are getting bad. That, or we can get the shylock to give them some tiger milk eh?

Ah, my bump gums are bleeding again! Back to the point; grab your bean rod and let's sort this out before we the bull's hands us the bit! Anyone you suspect, throw them into the fivvy and we clam them like a weak sister whinging over spilled milk.

Capisce?
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 01:28 GMT
#65
Also I just moved today so very tired.

Is there a voting thread?
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 02:10 GMT
#67
On August 09 2020 10:47 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2020 10:28 HoldenGolden wrote:
Also I just moved today so very tired.

Is there a voting thread?


I don't see one, so many not, also confirmed townie here. Hope all of you are having a wonderful weekend.

Confirm mafia. EZ game. Buddy attempt plus universal greeting.

You seem like a nice guy though. I'll give you a second chance to write a better buddy attempt. I want to be razzle-dazzled. Convince me to push your agenda through a well, passionate slice of virtual red-eye steak.
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 02:27 GMT
#69
Oh wow I realized he may actually be calling himself confirm townie.

That's a lame move. Especially when we have a daredevil like Trfel over here who had the balls to claim mafia. I appreciate the honestly Trfel. Want to help me eliminate your teammate so you're set till lylo?

Vote: ShoCkeyy (L-4)
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 02:56 GMT
#71
1) he said it in the same sentence that he was answering my question about the voting thread. Therefore, it came off as if he was speaking to me still.

2) Mostly to get the ball rolling; there's no specific AI reason yet.
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 03:46 GMT
#73
On August 09 2020 12:20 LightningStrike wrote:
Got 2nd place in clash T_T. Shockeyy looks a little forced? Trfel looks alright but nothing spectacular from his entrance? Will keep an eye on him. Holden looks alright.


Can you elaborate on how you feel Shockeyy seems to be forced tonally?

Out of curiosity, is trfel known for having spectacular entrances?
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 12:32 GMT
#80
On August 09 2020 12:49 LightningStrike wrote:
oh wait holden is here
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2020 12:46 HoldenGolden wrote:
On August 09 2020 12:20 LightningStrike wrote:
Got 2nd place in clash T_T. Shockeyy looks a little forced? Trfel looks alright but nothing spectacular from his entrance? Will keep an eye on him. Holden looks alright.


Can you elaborate on how you feel Shockeyy seems to be forced tonally?

Out of curiosity, is trfel known for having spectacular entrances?

He was being overly happy type of forced at least tone wise I might reading into it to much. Trfel sometimes does spectacular entrances but more often than not doesn't.

Unvote
Vote: lightingstrike



On August 09 2020 15:01 ShoCkeyy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2020 13:36 Trfel wrote:
On August 09 2020 11:56 HoldenGolden wrote:
1) he said it in the same sentence that he was answering my question about the voting thread. Therefore, it came off as if he was speaking to me still.

2) Mostly to get the ball rolling; there's no specific AI reason yet.
Thanks, that makes sense. I see now.


When people look into openings too hard, it gives me the jeebies.

Do you got jeebies now? If so, care to explain it to the class?

On August 09 2020 18:30 GTacc wrote:
Hello everyone.
This game has 2 week days which reminds me of mafiascum


Expect if this was mafiascum, it would be 2 weeks per day phase lol.
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 13:04 GMT
#82
Oh It got cutted apparently.

Your conclusion is fine if it was actually committed to something. You have gone from "it looks forced? -> overhappy tone but I might be wrong".

The might part stands out to me as potentially scum motivated. It gives you the ability to return to the overhappy tone point assuming a you scum/shockeyy town situation. It was enough of a ping early on to switch.

HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 13:09 GMT
#83
It's also the fact that the doubt is repeated twice back to back which makes me question the reread and pushes it just a townie who just isnt sure mentality if that makes sense
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 14:16 GMT
#88
No I was only talking about shockey. I asked only about trfel because you inferred that he tends to have good openings.

I'll let it rest on the back burner for now though.

Eywa I'm disappointed. I'm softing godfather. No it's just Noir style lingo since the game is named after the genre.

That said, if you think I'm softing a PR role, why would you ask me directly lol?
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 18:15 GMT
#116
Hey it's just like mafia scum where I'm being told to die! Nice!
On August 09 2020 23:42 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 09 2020 23:34 LightningStrike wrote:
On August 09 2020 23:26 Eywa- wrote:
On August 09 2020 23:25 LightningStrike wrote:
Just got back from the store:
On August 09 2020 22:50 Eywa- wrote:
HoldenGolden, I'm not familiar with the flavor, are you softing doc?

This is so scummy...
\##Vote: Ewya-
On August 09 2020 23:16 HoldenGolden wrote:
No I was only talking about shockey. I asked only about trfel because you inferred that he tends to have good openings.

I'll let it rest on the back burner for now though.

Eywa I'm disappointed. I'm softing godfather. No it's just Noir style lingo since the game is named after the genre.

That said, if you think I'm softing a PR role, why would you ask me directly lol?

fair play on that and very good question and I think he is likely mafia for that question to you.

You're town, unvote me.

Can you explain why you asked him if he's the doctor?

This is a Mickey Mouse question, if I'm mafia I just role block him, no need to ask him.

Not really. Doctor can function as a innocent child if they feel they have been discovered my scum (heal on dead target not going through -> being rbed )
obviously you don't think trfel is mafia here, but what do you actually think about the scum claim in general. How is this any different to what Fecal did?

I think nothing of it. The only reason why someone like shockey for example caught my eye was because I thought he was making a read on me. All they are to me are NAI jokes since.

The only time something like that is AI is if there is a meta tell, and even then it would be something to make later on if there are multiple eta issues (I think people jump too quickly on the meta train early on in lieu of actually playing D1 which ruins the value of using meta)
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 18:27 GMT
#117
On August 10 2020 01:07 Mr. Cheesecake wrote:
LS what do you think about the differing reads on you. One of them is mafia? Are they both town? Both scum? Help me out here. I think Holden is more likely scum over Eywa. Calls someone out for being flip-floppy and then says that is potentially scum motivated, which is entirely flip floppy in itself (it doesn't "commit to something", as he said). By his own logic, he is mafia. Town aren't sure about anything, much less on D1. Additionally, I got the opposite read so If he's town the read is pretty poor.

Regardless you should vote Trfel.

It's more I can see scum motivation for his posts and the way he went around expressing his doubt was off from like how you said here for townies. I agree, townies typically do show signs of hesitation or hypocrisy. What makes LS's shockey posts differ from that and enter scum range is how much that uncertainty is stressed.

Opening post: the tonal comment was expressed with doubt
Follow up post: He backtracks on it halfway and says it may not actually be there, but doesn't out right dismiss it.

I find this particularly worrisome since I was also poking at shockey at the same time. Within that context, I buy scum!LS making those posts to cast shade at shockey without committing to the backbone of his reasoning (the overhappy tone).

I still find it scummy for clarification, I just dont see a way yet to press the read forward by me and him discussing it.
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 18:32 GMT
#118
On August 10 2020 01:44 Eywa- wrote:
I read another game from HoldenGolden and there are several striking differences. In the other game, he doesn't really try to question other people in the same post that he's breaking out a scum read (he does that here). Also, he developed his read in the other game a lot more, here he posted the vote and then stated the read, but only after being asked. I also found his last game to be a lot more of a meme, his posts were less focused early and became more focused over the course of day 1 and developed into reads.

I think he's just naked mafia here, but even I admit it's a small sample size.

The first thing that struck me is how he immediately commented on Shockey for something that FF did before Shockey and none of the discussion that followed even mentioned FF... I immediately thought, someone is getting spewed here, but I don't know who. That's when I looked more into HoldenGolden's past games.

I'm torn because I think the mechanically correct play here is to kill GTacc (combination of him being scummy and not being involved in the stupid discussion about claimed confirmed town), but I really want to vote HoldenGolden... So, we're killing one of them today.
hahaha I go off site to have a better town game, and I'm instantly metaed. Ok.

Is your scum read on me purely from meta, or is my play in a vaccum scummy too? Let's start here.

If you are a meta player though, I would suggest you read the follow meta analysis as it very accurately described my meta albeit it's somewhat dated. All it's missing really scum wise is the game where I rolled scum with another shitposter and we trolled the game by actively teasing we were scum together. Somehow we won lol
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11762333#p11762333
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 18:38 GMT
#119
On August 10 2020 01:51 LightningStrike wrote:
##Unvote That actually a good post by Ewya but I still don't know why he wanted that blue claim so bad early..

Bouce ideas with me then.

What do you think would be the pros and cons of such an blatant blue hunt?
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 18:44 GMT
#122
On August 10 2020 03:40 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2020 03:38 HoldenGolden wrote:
On August 10 2020 01:51 LightningStrike wrote:
##Unvote That actually a good post by Ewya but I still don't know why he wanted that blue claim so bad early..

Bouce ideas with me then.

What do you think would be the pros and cons of such an blatant blue hunt?

Pros: None at all.
Cons: Outing the doctor so they get roleblocked for the rest of the game/night killed as well.

Ok....I meant from a mafia perspective assuming Ewya is scum.
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 09 2020 18:45 GMT
#123
On August 10 2020 00:16 Eywa- wrote:
OH MY GOD YOU RUINER

What did he ruin btw lol? A reaction test?
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 10 2020 12:50 GMT
#155
On August 10 2020 07:49 Eywa- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 10 2020 03:32 HoldenGolden wrote:
On August 10 2020 01:44 Eywa- wrote:
I read another game from HoldenGolden and there are several striking differences. In the other game, he doesn't really try to question other people in the same post that he's breaking out a scum read (he does that here). Also, he developed his read in the other game a lot more, here he posted the vote and then stated the read, but only after being asked. I also found his last game to be a lot more of a meme, his posts were less focused early and became more focused over the course of day 1 and developed into reads.

I think he's just naked mafia here, but even I admit it's a small sample size.

The first thing that struck me is how he immediately commented on Shockey for something that FF did before Shockey and none of the discussion that followed even mentioned FF... I immediately thought, someone is getting spewed here, but I don't know who. That's when I looked more into HoldenGolden's past games.

I'm torn because I think the mechanically correct play here is to kill GTacc (combination of him being scummy and not being involved in the stupid discussion about claimed confirmed town), but I really want to vote HoldenGolden... So, we're killing one of them today.
hahaha I go off site to have a better town game, and I'm instantly metaed. Ok.

Is your scum read on me purely from meta, or is my play in a vaccum scummy too? Let's start here.

If you are a meta player though, I would suggest you read the follow meta analysis as it very accurately described my meta albeit it's somewhat dated. All it's missing really scum wise is the game where I rolled scum with another shitposter and we trolled the game by actively teasing we were scum together. Somehow we won lol
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11762333#p11762333

Do you feel like you've succeeded so far?

Hard to tell given how early it is.

Normally I begin to start to aimlessly ask questions because I know Ill get town read instead of actually trying to solve the game. This leads me to becoming lazy and going "hmm, nah, this wasnt a bus by scum" or "yeah this guy whose acting like a little bitch is scum". That might not sound bad, but it has costed me too many games at this point bc even though I bleed town I'm never nightkilled for some reason.

Would you like to answer my question?
HoldenGolden
Profile Joined July 2020
United States25 Posts
August 10 2020 12:58 GMT
#157
On August 10 2020 08:14 Fecalfeast wrote:
Of the three active non-LS people so far this is the order I would rank them from towniest to scummiest
eywa

cheesecake

holden

I can't read LS because I think everything he says is scummy because he doesn't really understand subtext if I remember correctly it has been a while.

Trfel pings towny to me for his early questions but honestly meh otherwise

nobody reads overly scummy to me. The only reason holden is on the bottom of my short list is because their posts seem forced and overly aggressive IMHO. I get they're an offsite player though so who know what they do over there.

vivax we will have to wait and see. I like that he found a non-obvious post to make a read on and one I also liked to boot.

How do you think my posts are forced?

Walk me through your trfel read for a second. I understand why asking the questions could be town indicative, but do you think scum!trfel could make those posts?
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko58
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3704
Calm 1770
Hyuk 1204
Bisu 842
Soma 344
Rush 288
BeSt 219
Horang2 204
Stork 150
Mong 135
[ Show more ]
Sexy 135
Britney 114
Jaedong 101
ToSsGirL 82
Mind 64
ZerO 50
Killer 45
Shinee 29
Pusan 26
Barracks 24
Yoon 24
Hm[arnc] 18
NaDa 17
sorry 15
Noble 12
yabsab 11
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Gorgc4630
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1017
shoxiejesuss878
byalli699
edward34
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King95
Other Games
gofns35545
singsing1183
ceh9694
dupreeh278
crisheroes245
ZerO(Twitch)2
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1723
• Stunt397
Upcoming Events
OSC
12h 57m
Big Brain Bouts
23h 57m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.