• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:27
CEST 06:27
KST 13:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10565 users

End of the World Party Mafia - Page 19

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 All
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 17 2019 04:43 GMT
#8896
On March 17 2019 13:30 LightningStrike wrote:
I would like to point still that Onegu's comment about the traitor flip looks like total shit from yet NOONE WANTED TO LYNCH HIM STILL? WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT ARE YOU GUYS ON CRACK COCAINE????????

knock it off

if the game wasnt potential LYLO, onegu would have flipped last cycle

you're being annoying now.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 17 2019 04:45 GMT
#8897
Should we at least spam the fuck out of this game to p450 before end game credits roll out?
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 17 2019 11:01 GMT
#8905
Jock

On the chance there it wasnt LYLo.

Can you please shoot me.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 17 2019 11:42 GMT
#8914
Pandain. I will give u the try hard points

Well earnt

U can stop rubbing it in now
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 17 2019 12:05 GMT
#8918
On March 17 2019 20:50 Pandain wrote:
Hey if the game hasn't ended yet that means we still have a chance to win.

If we can just take this one lynch at a time we can definitely finish this.

Im inclined to town read u for this

This is just so fuckn dirty to do before game over

Everyone has diff morals but man thats a dark line to cross
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 17 2019 23:35 GMT
#9021
GG
It would have been nice to go out on a town victory but thats the way the cookie crumbled.
This game reminded me of the joys to play mafia (the excitement and fluidity of Day1) , and the hatred! (the rest of the game).
If this is it, I'm grateful I got to be a part of it all across 20-30 games in that amazing TL Database/compendium - Again, shout out to all those involved in making that happen. Incredible really. I won't be remembered as a particularly good player as town or scum, but I put effort in, found my own enjoyment and thats enough for me.





(1) Thanks for Kita and Dandel for hosting. Its never easy in a small one, and a mountain of last-second work in a big one like this. Great flavour, interesting setup and if this is what TL goes out on - we can all be happy.
Also thanks for the post-game write up!

(2) Thanks to all the players that signed up. It was really nice to get a chance to play with members of the old guard, such so, it seems playing mafia is a bit like riding a bike. Yes, the fundamental meta of TL has evolved, but how you go about scum hunting and town blending is largely the same.

(3) It would have been really cool if the player count had increased with some other "classic" vets like GMMarshall and Ver, or even Kita if there was an opportunity for AI hosting But the surprise packet to me was Marvellosity joining. That was a truly unexpected pleasure




As for the game, scum did what the town let them do - and I wont fault them for that. After all, they are still reading the thread non-stop and truly, a certain level of patience can be required to not do something stupid in boredom.

I still vouch Sentinel as the catalyst for the direction this game took.
(a) Created massive distraction from scum team
(b) Allowed scum team to town claim on the basis of lynching traitor
(c) Is the trigger for the HF/Palmar wars
(d) Unintentionally, this bled into HF/BH wars
(e) Unintentionally, that bled into Rayn/Acro wars




In retrospect I wish I dug my heels deeper - especially at LYLO and having got some traction on Pandain.

I find it hard to find motivation to start wagons because of how susceptible this site is to shenanigans. It feels all that effort seem pointless and the timezone difference doesnt help with having players to interact/develop reads with, and the perviously mentioned shenanigans.

The video thing gives me confidence in the future though to flesh out reads on my own. I think the takeaway from that video was a scum read on Pandain + Rels, and I believe a light scum read on Jock. I think I walked away from Oats with some questions, but not a hard read. So perhaps this is something I should do for myself more often..

Its terrible but that video was the first time all game I went filter diving for something specific. Sigh.




A couple replies to post-game comments

On March 18 2019 07:20 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I don't even feel like there was that much "spam" as characterized by off topic posting. Just a lot of active people trying to solve the game.
Maybe in Acro filter, but for the majority a lot is "meh" and battles of emotion/ego.

Thats the challenge of a mayor game with 2 candidates that decapitate each other. It sets up the town in such an emotional swing state: pick a side, its you vs me. No We. And unfortunately the game remained in that state.


On March 18 2019 00:19 Jockmcplop wrote:
gg all!

Thanks hosts + everyone else also for welcoming me.
I know I faded towards the end (I didn't know how much effort was going to be required when i signed up lol) but i really enjoyed it and I'll be back for more if more happens
You did well. The acro pickup on your activity on other threads though was illuminating! You gotta watch for that in the future.


On March 18 2019 00:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
this game cannot be played if ~20 townies dont play. well, "gg"
I get what you are saying but I would hazard a guess that this % is consistent with smaller games. The last game on this forum you were mafia and lurked as well, literally only coming into respond to call outs. Its a fault of town, not the scum team.

What I will agree with though is the quantity of non-votes this game
THAT IS BULLSHIT


On March 18 2019 00:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
pandain - adam - pandain was disgusting, really, just modkill if one doesnt want to play kita...
I accept its highly unusual, but I am also OK with this. Kita has done similar actions in town favour before, so its not like it was a decision made in bias; nor was a slot replaced with a 3rd player. I think the non-voters is a bigger issue.


On March 18 2019 00:52 Vivax wrote:
Maybe one day I'll understand what made 13 townies vote HF to lynch Palmar. That wasn't just bad, it was sad.
I did it for last game shits n giggles. High risk, High reward play.
I didnt think it would be a component for sealing towns fate though.

I think the only scum actively trying to get HF lynched for the palmar thing was BC?
So it was town who imploded.


On March 18 2019 00:53 Onegu wrote:
NO my survivor claim was fine. I was going to be lynched that day for sure. like 100% if I didn't claim it. The bad part about it was I couldnt really influence the lynches that much because no one would listen to a survivor.
Thats the problem. You became dead man walking with the claim and it would have been better off if you were lynched.
That claim created another distraction in a closed setup that took away from finding scum = town could not get closure and town could not trust you to vote with them since you are "survivor" with either team. It was a terrible claim dude - and thats coming from me.

After the claim, you were always going to be a LYLO question mark, and if somehow the game came to final 3, we woulda been fucked regardless.


On March 18 2019 01:20 Meapak_Ziphh wrote:
I think town was too quick to kill active voices.
Yep.. We all seem to be scared of active scum victory which happens like once a year or whatever. Maybe its the projected embarrassment of losing to active scum that makes town literally, self-sabotage?


On March 18 2019 01:55 Acrofales wrote:
Yeah, sorry town. My scumreads were way off.

[..]

Lets face it, we were never even close to lynching any scum other than Sentinel this game. It was just town fighting with town.

Rayn calls me terrible, but pretty much the only thing he did was tunnel me and then die.
Yeah, its a tough one. I felt you were too adamant in the strength of your reads personally, especially given how everything flipped. But I get it. Paranoia, every cycle the town circle keeps disappearing. Mafia did do good NK thats for sure.

Yep, town state was too emotional - but this included yourself

And I do agree on Rayn. Thats what I recall him doing. I'm pretty sure before he was NK'd he said he would just vote you next cycle and peace out.


On March 18 2019 02:53 darthfoley wrote:
but TW had a great shot on BC.

Also must say that I thoroughly enjoyed Mocsta's video. He was really starting to get the game, albeit a bit too late. Really cool dude!
Yeah TW shot was good.

Thanks for the feedback - appreciate it.


On March 18 2019 03:22 Ace wrote:
I still don't understand why anyone would have wanted to lynch BH there. Think that was the worst part of the game.
yeah....
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2019 01:18 GMT
#9024
damn
darthfoley was the godfather lol
worse prick to do a red check on. sigh
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2019 01:37 GMT
#9026
BTW, this is what started my obsession with the 3P this game

I thought Ace was subtly claiming credit and in my skewed and sick world was offering to work with town lol

On March 07 2019 12:06 Ace wrote:
Holyflare is Scum


[...]

The nightkills - 3 dead. All Town. I refuse, literally refuse to think a vigilante shot any of them over Holyfield. Like it seems unfathomable that the targets would end up at Marv, Iamp, or Koshi (lol wut?). Especially with one being Vet and dying (maybe Rb + shot). If there's a third party out there, I think it goes without saying you should start shooting scum or clashing flips from now on

[...]
On March 07 2019 12:25 Mocsta wrote:
ohh man.. my take from this is that ace is the 3rd party lol

this is hilarious

sigh

im close to unvoting.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2019 01:59 GMT
#9028
On March 18 2019 10:39 Mr. Wiggles wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2019 10:18 Mocsta wrote:
damn
darthfoley was the godfather lol
worse prick to do a red check on. sigh

Yeah, some scum were nervous before we remembered DF's the GF lol

I was also sad you didn't scum read me in your YouTube post so I could make a "Video Killed the Radio Star" joke
That would have been a fun retort

I should have questioned my read on you - honestly, i wrote you off like LS and didnt read a single thing you posted.
In hindsight, its clear though LS was a puppy dog, and you were more tactical/specific in reply so i should have at least challenged the integrity of that.

I also thought the grack/vivax/TT kills were more to keep the acro/pandain mystery a float. So didnt give much credibility to the accuracy of their reads. Poor judgement call from me.



For the record, I was prepared to go all in on the red check on DF when i made the claim.
However, legitimately, about 30min later work situation changed and mafia went from low priority to zero.

It would have been fun to see how that panned out We will never know - i doubt the game outcome would have changed though. Well done.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
March 18 2019 13:03 GMT
#9034
Sigh
Palmar u converted me

Imma policy day1 lyncher from now on
Just gotta find somewhere else to play lol
Prev 1 17 18 19 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft390
RuFF_SC2 200
Nina 90
-ZergGirl 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2123
sorry 29
910 27
yabsab 18
Bale 17
Terrorterran 15
Icarus 5
Dota 2
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
taco 317
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox785
Other Games
summit1g8477
JimRising 664
Day[9].tv457
WinterStarcraft339
C9.Mang0281
Livibee154
Sick138
Maynarde125
ViBE99
ArmadaUGS28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick842
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream156
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota283
League of Legends
• Stunt353
Other Games
• Day9tv457
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 33m
Stellar Fest
8h 33m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.