• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:05
CEST 03:05
KST 10:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9602 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 18:39 GMT
#743
I still can't comprehend the df town read.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 19:55 GMT
#772
On March 09 2018 03:59 AMG wrote:
He keeps posting giant piles of words that I haven't had enough coffee to read. It's 5am here.


Hah me too.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 19:57 GMT
#774
On March 09 2018 04:21 darthfoley wrote:
Lol townmedic!HF ensuring he kills another townmedic N1 would surely be superb.

Mafia will probably shoot HF (if he's actually town and/or townmedic) and medic me, potentially killing 2/3 town medics in one night. Really really stellar idea.


Yeah, great play when you're just mafia though.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 22:36 GMT
#805
Still healing df.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 22:38 GMT
#809
I know that.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 23:01 GMT
#818
I'm not medic lol
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 23:21 GMT
#831
On March 09 2018 08:16 rsoultin wrote:
But then I also just have a hard time picturing either Viva or HF as scum.

Hey, HF...is DF still your top scumread? Because you effectively prevented his NK if scum believed you...not that I think he was high on the list unless as a possible medic dodge anyway, assuming he's town.


If he's town I wasted their medic if he's mafia I wasted their rb
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 07:55 GMT
#856
Mass claiming is dumb. Just gives mafia a kill list that detracts from nk info. If we're about to lynch a medic just claim instead.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 08:56 GMT
#872
On March 09 2018 17:37 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2018 16:55 Holyflare wrote:
Mass claiming is dumb. Just gives mafia a kill list that detracts from nk info. If we're about to lynch a medic just claim instead.


I'd be more on board with this if we didn't have 3 town medics, which makes ccing impossible without a mass claim.

Do you fundamentally disagree that shooting into claimed medics narrows down the fake claim (assuming a scum fake claim)?

And if no fake claims, how does info from the 'night kills' when we get two more free vig shots and one save without a scum roleblocker (assuming shots on 3 medics 3 nights in a row) possibly outweigh removing 3 names from lynch consideration?

We'd be looking for two scum in seven people rather than two in ten. I like those odds. Especially if even one of those medics is lynchbait. Like, if we can clear some lynch bait, and they're not in my top townreads (assuming my top townreads are correct) this game is practically solved.

I really don't see how NK info outweighs this. Sometimes I find NK info helps, but usually I find it WIFOMy anyway.

Three confirmed town vs. NK guesswork.

Yeah I really, really think the mass claim is the best move for town here.


And what if those medics are 3 top townies? Waste of time. Just play this game like a vt game with a vig. It's much easier and takes up less thread space.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 10:21 GMT
#879
Do you think I'm fucking retarded and just do the opposite of what I said pre-game as mafia?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 10:23 GMT
#880
I think mass claiming is a bad idea now. I've changed my mind. I don't think it's a good idea when there's quite literally 0 point to out our power roles.

If df is a medic he has already outed and I don't want that potential nk information to be wasted because you couldn't find mafia without 2-3 more people claiming power roles.

The chance of df being town is increased with the nk so I'd rather leave it to that.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 11:13 GMT
#883
On March 09 2018 19:58 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2018 19:23 Holyflare wrote:
I think mass claiming is a bad idea now. I've changed my mind. I don't think it's a good idea when there's quite literally 0 point to out our power roles.

If df is a medic he has already outed and I don't want that potential nk information to be wasted because you couldn't find mafia without 2-3 more people claiming power roles.

The chance of df being town is increased with the nk so I'd rather leave it to that.


Confirmed town is the point. Less wiggle room for mafia is the point. At least three more nights if the game even lasts that long of being able to use our power roles is the point.

What nk information are you even expecting to get that is better served by not mass claiming?






Do we absolutely need confirmed town now when the game is going our way, we've lynched the only power role that can stop us and we have a few people to lynch into?

No, I don't think we do. We lynch a scummy person today, Kelsier, then if he claims medic we have mass claiming to fall back onto tomorrow.

I think mass claiming is a good idea just not on day 2. My pre-game posts also never allude to mass claiming day 2 either so that's not even a contradiction. It in fact never alludes to mass claiming. Just that we have 3 confirmed townies.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 11:14 GMT
#884
On March 09 2018 20:00 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 09 2018 19:21 Holyflare wrote:
Do you think I'm fucking retarded and just do the opposite of what I said pre-game as mafia?

I think you haven't given me a single reason that makes sense for you to have changed your mind beyond receiving your role pm.


That sounds absolutely like an issue on your end that you'd need to get over then.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 11:25 GMT
#886
Anyone that medic dodges in this game after saying we have to vig someone is also bad at being mafia. That's not me.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 11:51 GMT
#889
On March 09 2018 20:40 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 19 2018 03:10 Holyflare wrote:
Like lynching a split wagon and you get instant n1 information of what happened. You can say "but that's what happens if there is a vig" but it's not really because in that situation it's a one shot vig and that person is confirmed and on top of having that vig one of them can heal a top town person if they so choose. Then if none of the medics die (and they can claim and that's 3 confirmed townies(!!!)) there's another night of the same exact thing happening.

Basically it's too many confirmed town + too much information given + too anti mafia imo.


This is exactly a Day 2 mass claim.

This game never lasts past Day 5.

10 today.
7 day 3.
With no rb, 4 day 4 unless we have medics hold their saves to get a day 5 3-man lylo.


Tomorrow is the optimal mass claiming situation. I said and they can claim as a rhetorical. Either way what I said pre-game is completely different to this situation and my current thoughts.

Deal with it if you don't like it.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 11:52 GMT
#890
Darthfoley dying tonight as a claimed medic with no rb. Optimal nk 1.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 11:54 GMT
#892
I am going to leave now because I have my own opinion and I have a reason why I want to follow that opinion and you clearly disagree so you can call me mafia for having a different mindset to pre-game all you want but that won't change my opinion or my stance or be convincing to anyone else.

I think mass claiming is retarded at this point.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 11:58 GMT
#894
Go ahead and mass claim then? I'm not exactly stopping an entire game am I?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 13:47 GMT
#901
Don't think df should heal anyone other than target. Everyone should stack to prevent mafia vig shots.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 09 2018 16:02 GMT
#903
Whatever vt.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings99
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE157
SpeCial 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 25
Sharp 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever584
NeuroSwarm193
League of Legends
Doublelift4730
Counter-Strike
taco 323
Other Games
summit1g6929
JimRising 467
C9.Mang0352
ToD95
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick682
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV167
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 99
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP78
• poizon28 39
• davetesta24
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 55m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
15h 55m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 55m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.