• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:03
CEST 03:03
KST 10:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9434 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19 20 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 00:51 GMT
#639
Yeah, not saying it wasn't but this is mafia and when it goes against the collective thought for reasons other people struggle to see then it deserves to be looked into. That's quite literally the game.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 07:36 GMT
#659
On March 08 2018 10:06 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 09:51 Holyflare wrote:
Yeah, not saying it wasn't but this is mafia and when it goes against the collective thought for reasons other people struggle to see then it deserves to be looked into. That's quite literally the game.


Do you know about the experiment where 2 dudes told another dude that three lines of same length were different and most of the subjects responded wrongly as a result.


Yeah, but did those subjects find it odd that that was the case, discuss it with their peers, measure and compare the results and make a better decision? Don't think so.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 07:45 GMT
#661
I'm still healing df with the other 2 medics.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 07:51 GMT
#663
3 medic stacks is obviously the ideal world and we should make everyone else stack on prplhz or someone but I will be on df. Either mafia kill him by stacking with me or his mafia likelihood rockets. I'm willing to take that gamble.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 08:36 GMT
#673
On March 08 2018 17:29 rsoultin wrote:
DF's read progression on me:

+ Show Spoiler +
On March 07 2018 04:59 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:08 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:01 rsoultin wrote:
:/

I'm a bit sad I'm not getting more lynch Damdred support.

Like the pressure on tubesock though so I'm going to try not to sulk too obstructively.

I agree with AMG. It's almost like you don't care to get a read on someone with an opposite opinion of you, tubesock.


I don't think I'd get anything out of a conversation with AMG. Prickly players only scum? That's certainly not my experience at all so we don't have common ground there. And I was more interested in n00bking. Which I'm still deciding on. I still don't like hypocrisy. I think his nitpicking is his way of digging deep for more understanding so I think it's towny.


Fair. Damdred lynching time then?

Though I must say amg is one of the smexiest players in this game to me. It makes it harder for me to accept people not having an opinion in him.


Why do you say this but then one post later claim that n00bking is the only unlynchable player at this point. Surely "smexiest" can be read to = town. So why don't you feel similarly about AMG?


On March 07 2018 05:12 darthfoley wrote:
Okay i've caught up.

AMG and n00b are pretty townie ATM. I think Damdred is kinda townie right now actually, for once. Maybe rsoultin too, because I agree with her about Tubesock. He might be mafia, but not for the reasons HF is pushing. The medic thing is really NAI even if it's "strange"

Lynch pool of prplhz, FF and Tubesock for the time being. I really didn't like how FF announced his first read, then felt the need to explain why he's scumreading prplhz in the next post. I think you either 1) do both in one post or 2) announce your scum read, then explain it if asked. Just felt a tad like he's trying to make sure everyone knows he has reasoning behind his scumread, if that makes sense.


On March 07 2018 05:14 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 05:10 rsoultin wrote:
On March 07 2018 04:59 darthfoley wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:08 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:01 rsoultin wrote:
:/

I'm a bit sad I'm not getting more lynch Damdred support.

Like the pressure on tubesock though so I'm going to try not to sulk too obstructively.

I agree with AMG. It's almost like you don't care to get a read on someone with an opposite opinion of you, tubesock.


I don't think I'd get anything out of a conversation with AMG. Prickly players only scum? That's certainly not my experience at all so we don't have common ground there. And I was more interested in n00bking. Which I'm still deciding on. I still don't like hypocrisy. I think his nitpicking is his way of digging deep for more understanding so I think it's towny.


Fair. Damdred lynching time then?

Though I must say amg is one of the smexiest players in this game to me. It makes it harder for me to accept people not having an opinion in him.


Why do you say this but then one post later claim that n00bking is the only unlynchable player at this point. Surely "smexiest" can be read to = town. So why don't you feel similarly about AMG?


Pardon?


You made a post about how n00bking is 10000% not in your lynch pool ATM. But you seem to be heavily town reading AMG too, so I'm just confused why he wasn't part of this unlynchable pool. It's a minor inconsistency that I'm just confused about


On March 07 2018 05:16 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 05:10 rsoultin wrote:
On March 07 2018 04:59 darthfoley wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:08 Tubesock wrote:
On March 06 2018 17:01 rsoultin wrote:
:/

I'm a bit sad I'm not getting more lynch Damdred support.

Like the pressure on tubesock though so I'm going to try not to sulk too obstructively.

I agree with AMG. It's almost like you don't care to get a read on someone with an opposite opinion of you, tubesock.


I don't think I'd get anything out of a conversation with AMG. Prickly players only scum? That's certainly not my experience at all so we don't have common ground there. And I was more interested in n00bking. Which I'm still deciding on. I still don't like hypocrisy. I think his nitpicking is his way of digging deep for more understanding so I think it's towny.


Fair. Damdred lynching time then?

Though I must say amg is one of the smexiest players in this game to me. It makes it harder for me to accept people not having an opinion in him.


Why do you say this but then one post later claim that n00bking is the only unlynchable player at this point. Surely "smexiest" can be read to = town. So why don't you feel similarly about AMG?


Pardon?


Oh, I guess awarding him a cookie when I first came in thread and calling him the smexiest wasn't as obvious as I should be. AMG was and remains my top townread, with the only caveat being I've never played with him before that I recall.

Just so you're aware, cookie = townread. Thus I am also now townreading Damdy.


On March 07 2018 07:24 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 07:04 rsoultin wrote:
Anyway.

TLDR
- organic reads from Damdred in line with a normal D1 for him, plus easy tone earns him a cookie
- DF just being a boss and poking into good corners, while responding in a way to a scumread that doesn't resemble my impression of his scum play outweighs any meh feels about his afking earlier

Hopefully that clears things up for you. I think you're probably even more likely town for your read on me (sadly), so carry on.


I'm not voting on rsoultin today I think. Tonally town and again I think her reason to townread me makes sense based off of our short playing history etc.

I'm just not seeing what Moosy is. I'm gonna look at his filter later.


On March 07 2018 07:25 darthfoley wrote:
Like I can see myself having a similar weak scum read on someone who did what I did. At least to stir the pot a bit cuz at the time she made that read, the thread was a "poop on tubesock" fest iirc


On March 07 2018 07:27 darthfoley wrote:
n00b/rsoultin/AMG/Damdred is my town list ATM


I don't see this as 'he just called rsoul town several times and asked irrelevant questions' (the fourth quote was my response to his question to contextualize it).

That to me reads like noticing something odd while catching up, a very light maybe townread once caught up, then that townread solidifies after my answering his question and responding to moosy about my reads. Also, the second-to-last quote indicates he's thinking about whether what I was scumreading him for makes sense from a town perspective, which I think is a normal reaction to being scumread by someone (i.e. being more interested in their alignment). Followed by an updated town list.

There is nothing about that read progression that strikes me as unnatural and I'm not sure why HF is reading it differently.


You and I are reading different games then. He asks you a question about an irrelevant inconsistency. What does be gain from knowing you town read both? If you were mafia why does this inconsistency occur etc. It's irrelevant. Before you even answer he's throwing you a town read for thought process on tube. Then when you throw him a town read he buddies you and says that's what he'd expect. The town read wasn't even big or good from you to him. Its an overblown reactionary reason to call you town.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 08:47 GMT
#676
It's not even just the fact he has those posts it's that that is what he chose to base like 33% of his filter on instead of scum reads.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 09:29 GMT
#694
No?? How is it meta to say all he has done this game is question things with no follow up and just ask a question to his town read?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 09:37 GMT
#696
Then you'll never see it. Go to someone else instead. I don't need to convince if I just heal him and see
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 10:20 GMT
#700
On March 08 2018 19:09 AMG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 18:37 Holyflare wrote:
Then you'll never see it. Go to someone else instead. I don't need to convince if I just heal him and see


Heal and see will only work here if hes town.. you know that right?

Heal and see is a free kill for mafia because they're chucking their medic on here if hes town.

So you best be trying to convince the town medics to join you if he is in fact scum, because that's the only way you're killing him tonight is with at least one town medic being convinced.


Nah, don't worry about it my friend.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 10:21 GMT
#701
Other medic(s) just heal prplhz. I either get df killed and he's town or nothing happens and we go from there. Maybe that will actually help you come to some kind of consensus.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 10:47 GMT
#704
I like him. Annoyed he didn't vote df but haven't been able to check why he switched yet.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 11:34 GMT
#708
On March 08 2018 20:29 AMG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 19:47 Holyflare wrote:
I like him. Annoyed he didn't vote df but haven't been able to check why he switched yet.


He went after n00bking who voted for an AFK slot.


Yeah, I remember now. I think he's pretty towny. He's shared a similar view on df's posts (among other things) as me, said intuitive things and pushed them. I have a healthy amount of scepticism though because he's a not bad mafia player but he's up there on my list.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 11:48 GMT
#710
Amg
Moosy
Vivax
---
Noob
Rsoultin
---
Damdred - null
Fecalfeast - have read 0 things
Alakaslam
KelsierSC
---
Prplhz
Darthfoley

Damdred and below is lynchable.

Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 11:53 GMT
#713
I've liked his responses in a way that makes me feel he's towny? Couldn't really care if he's only said little things on town reads because he's said them before other people and at times when I've been thinking them. Such as the noob town read at the start. Ignore the tube thing because that's an anomaly.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 12:07 GMT
#717
I also really dislike your post on amg and think it's extreme hypocrisy.

You base half of it saying his prplhz read is weak when it's not. Prplhz invented a sentence that never happened.

On March 06 2018 20:18 prplhz wrote:
This whole Tubesock push seems like something I'd like, but be wrong about. I'm interested in seeing where it goes though.

AMG seems to be making excuses for scumreading people.


You are for some reason focused on the word people and not the entire sentence about him making excuses. Amg simply says he hasn't made excuses and he only scum reads one person. So in all honesty you've extrapolated one argument of two and tried to push that.

Furthermore, you ride this df is town read forever but when he tries to "correct" me that he had in fact made a scum read on prplhz in a post that you yourself commented on (!) you mention nothing.

Regarding to "not alluding to why they are mafia" I think this post alludes pretty obviously

Show nested quote +
On March 07 2018 05:02 darthfoley wrote:
On March 06 2018 20:18 prplhz wrote:
This whole Tubesock push seems like something I'd like, but be wrong about. I'm interested in seeing where it goes though.

AMG seems to be making excuses for scumreading people.


Not sure what this is referring to. I feel like AMG has been pretty open so far.


Did you know this was a darthfoley scum read? It sure is fleshed out and puts a firm stance on prplhz being mafia.

Why have you only picked up amg for this stance on prplhz and not like 5 other players. Especially df who has no concrete scum read on anyone in this entire game.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 12:09 GMT
#718
On March 08 2018 20:53 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 20:50 rsoultin wrote:
On March 08 2018 20:48 Holyflare wrote:
Amg
Moosy
Vivax
---
Noob
Rsoultin
---
Damdred - null
Fecalfeast - have read 0 things
Alakaslam
KelsierSC
---
Prplhz
Darthfoley

Damdred and below is lynchable.


And amg is town because?

Also, thanks for marking the null line for me

Pft I have to go. But yeah, I want to try to understand your amg read.


Because it's not ordered in the tiers.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 14:52 GMT
#721
He explained it? He said he'd rather vote a guy who posts absolutely nothing than a guy that has posted something but could come back. Just used a lot more words.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 16:20 GMT
#730
I agree that noob's df post is weird af. So if df flips town I'm going after him. Everything will change.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 16:21 GMT
#731
I'm healing df no matter what btw so this vote is for the 2 others.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 08 2018 16:24 GMT
#732
On March 09 2018 00:41 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 08 2018 21:07 Holyflare wrote:
I also really dislike your post on amg and think it's extreme hypocrisy.

You base half of it saying his prplhz read is weak when it's not. Prplhz invented a sentence that never happened.

On March 06 2018 20:18 prplhz wrote:
This whole Tubesock push seems like something I'd like, but be wrong about. I'm interested in seeing where it goes though.

AMG seems to be making excuses for scumreading people.


You are for some reason focused on the word people and not the entire sentence about him making excuses. Amg simply says he hasn't made excuses and he only scum reads one person. So in all honesty you've extrapolated one argument of two and tried to push that.

Furthermore, you ride this df is town read forever but when he tries to "correct" me that he had in fact made a scum read on prplhz in a post that you yourself commented on (!) you mention nothing.

Regarding to "not alluding to why they are mafia" I think this post alludes pretty obviously

On March 07 2018 05:02 darthfoley wrote:
On March 06 2018 20:18 prplhz wrote:
This whole Tubesock push seems like something I'd like, but be wrong about. I'm interested in seeing where it goes though.

AMG seems to be making excuses for scumreading people.


Not sure what this is referring to. I feel like AMG has been pretty open so far.


Did you know this was a darthfoley scum read? It sure is fleshed out and puts a firm stance on prplhz being mafia.

Why have you only picked up amg for this stance on prplhz and not like 5 other players. Especially df who has no concrete scum read on anyone in this entire game.


First, I did already say df had the same BAD reason.

Second, I take more issue with AMGs add-on that DF did NOT push.

Third, of course it's weak. If someone adds on to what you perceive to be a town wagon for something like 'he didn't care to talk to me about our different reads', if you think that person is scum it would absolutely

BE AN EXCUSE INVENTED TO JOIN AN EXISTING WAGON.

It's not stating he literally made an excuse like an apology. That's retarded to even think.

You can't invent a fact from a perception, and there's nothing wrong with that perception besides. Why can't a town prp think amg could be scum inventing an excuse to join a wagon?


Yes but where is Amg's excuse to join the prplhz wagon? I also think the plural of it is a lazy read and not a typo.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings101
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE161
SpeCial 134
StarCraft: Brood War
Bale 25
Sharp 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever570
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
Doublelift4616
Counter-Strike
taco 304
Other Games
summit1g5918
JimRising 462
C9.Mang0347
ToD97
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick666
StarCraft 2
BasetradeTV155
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 102
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP78
• poizon28 40
• davetesta26
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 57m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
15h 57m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.