• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:31
CEST 06:31
KST 13:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8409 users

[M][N] Medic Mafia - Page 20

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 13 2018 23:04 GMT
#2181
lol the game is over because medic mafia cannot win no matter what

gg noobking
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 13 2018 23:15 GMT
#2194
it's noobking, his push was way too artificial
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 00:17 GMT
#2215
Just all stack on noobking, don't even sweat it.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 00:31 GMT
#2219
lol you just confirmed you're not a medic, medics have to heal each night or it's randomed

gg confirmed
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 08:27 GMT
#2222
He's confirmed mafia lol?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 09:11 GMT
#2225
Never go ham on hf.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 09:26 GMT
#2227
Never happened.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 18:13 GMT
#2230
Please let it end already.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 20:13 GMT
#2234
Bahahaha you're arguing with confirmed town over a little post that was meant to trip you up :D :D
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 20:15 GMT
#2235
Are you mad that despite having all these reasons to lynch me I somehow convinced every single person in this game to vote not me?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 20:55 GMT
#2254
wow :D

I'm kind of glad you'll never be back after that.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 20:57 GMT
#2256
I haven't always been this way, phone posting and work made me lazy and I spew whatever is on my mind. If it's wrong or "pushing mafia agenda" it's simply because I had 30 seconds at work to post something that I thought was correct but turns out wasn't.

I'm sorry you're so good that it ended like this though. 5 other players, including mafia moosy decided not to lynch me so I can't have been that bad either.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 21:03 GMT
#2259
Does he seriously think I didn't know medics can do no action lol?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 21:16 GMT
#2269
On March 15 2018 06:05 n00bKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 05:57 Holyflare wrote:
I haven't always been this way, phone posting and work made me lazy and I spew whatever is on my mind. If it's wrong or "pushing mafia agenda" it's simply because I had 30 seconds at work to post something that I thought was correct but turns out wasn't.

If you were to say things like "what about this idea? Would that be good for us or no?" and it's a scum-favored plan, that wouldn't be so bad. But that's not what you did. It was "let's do this" and it's a scum-favored plan. No town player should ever be guilty of that. When you catch a player doing that, they should be scumread for it.

And if you're in a spot where you don't have time to see if something you're saying is correct or not...maybe WAIT? Until you can actually look and see if what you're saying is FALSE, before you post it. At very least, if you don't have time to fact-check yourself, you can say so. Mention that you're posting without checking, and say that someone else should double-check for you, because you might be wrong. You did none of that. You just presented things as fact that were not. That's what scum does, when they hope no one will read back and catch them.

I have an MRI and will the rest of the phase. So if you have any further response, you'll have to wait for mine til post-game. Bye


I don't have time at all in my life to wait. I get pockets of minutes to write stuff and then go about my day. I work 12 hour days and get home and make dinner and go to bed. We don't all revolve around playing mafia in a perfect way where we can fact check everything we say. All I can say is that other players managed to figure me out and they didn't find your points very convincing. If you say it's because they did not read them or discuss them then that is because you did not present it in a way that catered to your audience.

Playing the crowd is a valuable mafia skill that you should develop if you want to become very good at the game. You have to cater your posts to be presentable to the most people possible and get your case across. The moment you saw people saying that you write too much (they are presumably living lives like I where they don't have the time) you should try and re-assess the format that you write your posts. I appreciate that it might work in other forums to great success but keeping a rigid play style to the detriment of your case is not the be all and end all of playing. A good mafia player is one that can adapt to their surroundings. I am extremely certain that if you had presented your case in a more succinct way that was readable to more people that I would have actually been lynched.

You mention specific wording that I should have used such as suggesting "Is this a good plan?" but that IS, at the end of the day, just semantics. If you replied to me, "No, mafia can simply do this and that's why it's bad" I would have instantly backed down on the plan and agreed with you. It happened exactly like that with Rsoultin the day before last. I'm sorry if my speech is based on definitives and whatnot but that is a habit that other players are used to and based on ego and hence why people did not find those points very convincing in your case. I'm sure if I came to your website I would not be using them if it got me lynched but I have adapted a vocabulary playing here that caters to getting things that I want through manipulative speech that I wish to carry on using. Each site has a different playstyle and if you do not like this one then that is absolutely fine. There is no "My site is better" only "My site is different." We enjoy playing here and that is why we are here. If you do not enjoy playing here then goodbye. I enjoyed playing with someone that elaborated all their thoughts and I'm sorry it ended up this way for you.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 22:30 GMT
#2288
zzzzzz
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 14 2018 23:35 GMT
#2306
On March 15 2018 08:17 darthfoley wrote:
Also I agree with AMG in the obs thread.

AMG kill was understandable regardless of what others said. Rsoultin was basically townread to the point of a medic claim so it was understandable (and why I saw it coming.)



AMG was a good kill, no disputes.

Wouldn't be one I would make though.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 15 2018 00:21 GMT
#2320
On March 15 2018 09:16 AMG wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2018 09:04 rsoultin wrote:
On March 15 2018 08:55 AMG wrote:
Good game overall.

I never really got HF as mafia at all this game or understood anyone that was pushing it. Nor did i see df as anything but town. or rsoultin. Lots of townies making themselves really townie made things easier, not many places to hide.

And yes, Ive been floating around this site since 2013 or so. I play rarely. I will say that my drive to play disappeared right around the time marv did also.


-pokes- Hope I didn't offend you! My main reason for finding your kill weird was that you seemed pretty lost after the prp kill, which was inevitable enough that I didn't think that would be enough to get a player shot. It wasn't because you were a bad kill.

I can be a baddy early game, especially when I'm having trouble finding mafia in general lol >< (And late game. And mid game.)

Also, I echo the props to moosy/nk. It's tough to stay that involved in a game like this. You guys definitely had a chance, probably more of a chance than it felt like you had. D3 really seemed like it could go about anywhere until the very end or so.




Oh not at all, I think i mentioned in obs that we were ALL struggling to find mafia early game and it was really starting to show. Everyone was standing around saying BUT WHOS MAFIA to each other and the response was a shrug. That really is a credit to moosey and noobkings early play to stay off nearly every bodies radar, they did quite well in that regard and I think town did equally well to not go feral on itself when there were no obvious options to go for.

I can say though that my day 1 reads are probably about 50%, but by the end of 2nd or 3rd cycle i'm usually well and truly onto scum, as unpopular as my reads may be at the time. If i'm flying with thread sentiment, you can assume i'm either being lazy af or i'm scum.


You were refreshing to play with. Thanks for playing.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
March 15 2018 01:02 GMT
#2324
Also I don't think my nk plan that noobking said was terrible was actually that awful. He says it ends the game in the qt but my whole point was that if we lynch wrong I 100% know it's the other vt and if mafia DO try and do some shenanigans to narrow it down further then the mafia in the medics becomes 50/50 between two people the next day.

Obviously statistically for everyone else not so great but when have I cared about that? Perfect for me if I can just argue my way out of a lynch knowing someone is confirmed mafia.
Prev 1 18 19 20 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 263
FoxeR 60
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4643
Leta 1813
ViBE111
Bale 53
Shine 20
Icarus 6
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm204
League of Legends
JimRising 623
Other Games
summit1g8289
WinterStarcraft526
Mew2King36
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick610
BasetradeTV205
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta29
• Letter149
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota277
League of Legends
• Lourlo986
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5h 29m
Patches Events
10h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 29m
BSL Open Qualifier
14h 29m
OSC
18h 29m
OSC
1d 7h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.